Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2022, 03:28 PM   #23301
miami_fan
Coordinator

Do we have a thread about medical bills?

There is something about opening up a medical bill and seeing the difference between what you are charged to what you end with after the insurance has paid what they are going to pay.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:35 PM   #23302
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I have tried to sign both of my daughters(18&23) up for drivers training and non of the schools around here are reliable. It’s taken me years to just get to the point where I had reliable enough cars in order to think about having them learn. And neither one really expressed a ton of interest in learning.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:40 PM   #23303
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Do we have a thread about medical bills?

There is something about opening up a medical bill and seeing the difference between what you are charged to what you end with after the insurance has paid what they are going to pay.

Maybe this one?

Cost of Medicine - Front Office Football Central
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:43 PM   #23304
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

No, no I will not rate my transaction on Amazon Marketplace so please stop asking.

And also... no, I do not want to rate your app.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #23305
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
No, no I will not rate my transaction on Amazon Marketplace so please stop asking.

And also... no, I do not want to rate your app.

LOL, this annoys me to. BTW, do Amazon drivers in other places ring the doorbell ever? Literally 95% of my orders are just left, no indication of them being there.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:13 PM   #23306
Ksyrup

Never. I think it's because you get a notification/email almost instantaneously.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-22-2022, 10:47 PM   #23307
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nah, if you knock then you might have to discuss the weather. Or get yelled at cause you woke up a baby.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:28 AM   #23308
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Nah, if you knock then you might have to discuss the weather. Or get yelled at cause you woke up a baby.

This. I have heard way too many stories from delivery folks about people's violent anger over the ringing of the doorbell or knocking on the door.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #23309
Edward64
Head Coach

Kudos to the coach.

This pic gives me the shivers. I couldn't swim to the surface with a limp body.

Another pic

I guess the life guard(s) were pulling an Uvalde?

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-23-2022 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:04 AM   #23310
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Kudos to the coach.

This pic gives me the shivers. I couldn't swim to the surface with a limp body.

I imagine it's easier that swimming with body that is thrashing around in panic.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:20 AM   #23311
Ksyrup

Serious question - do they have lifeguards at world championships?
Old 06-23-2022, 09:25 AM   #23312
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Serious question - do they have lifeguards at world championships?

There was an article that said there were lifeguards but for some tbd reason, it was the coach that did the saving. More to come on what happened to the lifeguards.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:44 AM   #23313
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There was an article that said there were lifeguards but for some tbd reason, it was the coach that did the saving. More to come on what happened to the lifeguards.

That's actually a lot more common than you would think. The coach is watching just their swimmers, while the lifeguard watches the entire pool, plus the coach is typically closer to the action.

With my kids swimming we've had at least 2 occasions when a swimmer needed help, and both times the coach was quicker to react.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:24 PM   #23314
henry296
College Starter

This was artistic swimming, so not racing so not sure how spread out the people in the pool were. Also, since this happened before, I suspect the coach was more likely to anticipate a problem.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #23315
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
This. I have heard way too many stories from delivery folks about people's violent anger over the ringing of the doorbell or knocking on the door.

More than one delivery person has told me they tend to not ring the bell because they don't want to start the dog barking. Didn't ask how do they know if the person has a dog...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:21 PM   #23316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I DoorDashed for a bit last year to knock out the last of my car payment...and honestly, I knocked or rang the door bell unless I was told not to. I always acknowledged being told not to as well. Knock or ring, "DoorDash" and I'm out if they asked me to leave it at the door.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:20 PM   #23317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: knocks, rings, etc

My default instructions to deliveries includes "RING BELL, knocks are almost impossible to hear". Whether it's acoustics or the door itself or what, I can't tell you but unless you knock like you're serving a warrant, I ain't gonna hear it aside from standing right beside the door.

Alas, the odds of those directions being followed around here are heavily weighted against
Old 06-23-2022, 05:30 PM   #23318
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Can anyone loan me $500,000,000 please?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
Old 06-24-2022, 01:29 AM   #23319
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
More than one delivery person has told me they tend to not ring the bell because they don't want to start the dog barking. Didn't ask how do they know if the person has a dog...

From my experience there's certain spots where it's like a 80-90% chance they have a dog. Lotta people with a Marmaduke type situation waiting behind the door.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:57 AM   #23320
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
That's actually a lot more common than you would think. The coach is watching just their swimmers, while the lifeguard watches the entire pool, plus the coach is typically closer to the action.

With my kids swimming we've had at least 2 occasions when a swimmer needed help, and both times the coach was quicker to react.

The problem with that is this was a solo competition (the team competition is later in the meet). So the Lifeguard should be concentrating on one person.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:05 AM   #23321
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

in the Uk, when you turn 100 you receive a letter from the Queen. And when you turn 16, Prince Andrew stops texting you.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 09:24 AM   #23322
Edward64
Head Coach

Why are there still Elvis movies being made?
Old 06-25-2022, 09:31 AM   #23323
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why are there still Elvis movies being made?

I've been saying the same thing about episodes of Young Sheldon
Old 06-26-2022, 08:09 AM   #23324
Edward64
Head Coach

Not sure where to put this but the 22 nightclub deaths in South Africa is horrifying.

Pics don't show any blood that I saw so not a shooting or with knife. My guess is drugs gone wrong?
Old 06-26-2022, 09:06 AM   #23325
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure where to put this but the 22 nightclub deaths in South Africa is horrifying.

Pics don't show any blood that I saw so not a shooting or with knife. My guess is drugs gone wrong?

Early speculation was stamped (club was overcrowded apparently) but one official says no, because no obvious injuries/trauma. The latest theory seems to be that the alcohol may have been poisoned/tainted.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #23326
GrantDawg

Teenagers. That's horrific.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:04 AM   #23327
GrantDawg

Holy crap! Makes me wonder what applications from the US to Canada look like.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #23328
cuervo72
Head Coach

Watched Night Moves the other night. Have had Winger's "Seventeen" in my head off-and-on since.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:41 AM   #23329
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Had dinner with my cousin last night. His son is 22. Brilliant. Going to get his masters at UPenn for biochemical engineering or some shit. Gay. Moving to Canada when he finishes his studies because he is basically afraid to live here.

The amount of intellectual talent we are going to lose out on from people either leaving or choosing not to come here is going to be crippling.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:46 AM   #23330
Ksyrup

I've been joking since the 2016 election that the wife and I were going to take a series of trips to Canada to figure out where we would best like to move by 2030. The reality is, our kids will likely stay in the US and all 4 of our parents are still alive, so it's not likely we can just up and move out of the country. Plus, I'd basically have to be retired because I don't know what's involved with getting a law license in Canada (or how they handle cross-border practice), but I am not interested in it if it requires anything more than paperwork. But man is it tempting.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #23331
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My cousin was a bit bummed about it. I told him he should go also. Both his parents are dead, both his wifes parents are dead, and their kid is an only child.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:09 AM   #23332
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I've been joking since the 2016 election that the wife and I were going to take a series of trips to Canada to figure out where we would best like to move by 2030. The reality is, our kids will likely stay in the US and all 4 of our parents are still alive, so it's not likely we can just up and move out of the country. Plus, I'd basically have to be retired because I don't know what's involved with getting a law license in Canada (or how they handle cross-border practice), but I am not interested in it if it requires anything more than paperwork. But man is it tempting.

Yep it is. Hard to do much while I'm flying, even though some guys do commute from Canada, just harder than it needs to be I think. I could see Australia after we retire, but by then, we'll have grandkids and honestly, we won't be far from them wherever they are, so it's really just a thought at this point.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:15 AM   #23333
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I got to visit my old Navy base in Great Lakes, IL, on Saturday. So much has changed. I recognized the buildings, but there were iconic ones that were gone.

I had a strong desire to go back to an old softball field that I played a ton of ball on when I was stationed there...I wanted to show my wife and kids the field where I played with Will on. Will was my best friend on that base and died in January 2007. They've met his family, but they never met him.

The field is no longer used...grass has covered all of the infield. That was kind of sad for me. I still pretended to take throws at first...to grab grounders at short and catch a ball or two in the outfield. Ran the bases that are no longer there. My son pretended to hit a home run there and rounded the bases as well.

Maybe the weirdest part was watching my kids run around the training room of my old schoolhouse. I taught many general military classes in that room over the years. 15 years later, my kids are running around it like maniacs.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #23334
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Just over 1000 applications from a country of 70m - it’s a statistical headline.

I would apply if I was eligible as it would make living in Europe possible without any red tape, and travelling to and moving around Europe a bit easier: I imagine the vast majority of applications are for these two reasons.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:24 PM   #23335
Ksyrup

I'm not exactly sure where this goes... possibly the mental health thread?

Old 06-27-2022, 06:01 PM   #23336
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Early speculation was stamped (club was overcrowded apparently) but one official says no, because no obvious injuries/trauma. The latest theory seems to be that the alcohol may have been poisoned/tainted.

Looks like pepper spray or like.

Quote:
The young woman had waited for her parents to go to sleep before sneaking out and claimed that when the nightclub became too overcrowded, people were asked to leave. When the partygoers did not comply, one of the security guards closed the door and began spraying a substance into the crowd, she said.

“The man at the door, I think he was a bouncer, he closed the door and we couldn’t breathe. We suffocated for a long time and [were] pushing each other but there was no use because some people were dying,” she said.

“It smelled like gas. I’m not sure if it was tear gas or pepper spray. Then some people died and I also fell asleep for three hours. Then when they woke us up, they also thought I was dead,” she continued.

Last edited by Edward64 : 06-27-2022 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:28 PM   #23337
bhlloy
Coordinator

Watching the Favre - Elway SB and man… I can respect that receivers these days are bigger, faster and freaks of nature but playing the position in those days was just different. Steve Atwater is just running all over the place throwing shoulders and helmets 3 seconds after the catch and every other route would get a holding or PI penalty in todays NFL
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:34 PM   #23338
bhlloy
Coordinator

Also hot taek alert - Favre would have been out of the league in 3-5 years in todays game. He may have evolved later in his career a bit, but man he was drop back, lock on a receiver and gun it no matter what a hell of a lot.

Counterpoint was his arm was so damn good he could get away with it most of the time, but I’d love to see what social media and advanced stats would say about it all today.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:16 PM   #23339
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure where this goes... possibly the mental health thread?

Maybe pet peeves thread LOL. That show drove me absolutely nuts.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:28 AM   #23340
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:12 AM   #23341
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That's a nice house...would be a shame if something like....happened....like say someone blared Mmmbop in front of it every night forever.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:17 AM   #23342
miami_fan
Coordinator

I know I am supposed to be thankful that my parents are taking an active role in planning and finalizing their interests before they die. The fact is I really am appreciative and overjoyed that they are doing so. But jeez informing me about four different meetings I need to attend regarding things that will happening after you die is a bummer of a way to go into a long weekend.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:21 PM   #23343
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty sure I saw this in a Star Trek series/movie ...

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/gi...obs/index.html
Old 07-01-2022, 10:18 PM   #23344
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pretty sure I saw this in a Star Trek series/movie

Is that the trash chick from TWD?
Old 07-01-2022, 10:53 PM   #23345
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
I know I am supposed to be thankful that my parents are taking an active role in planning and finalizing their interests before they die. The fact is I really am appreciative and overjoyed that they are doing so. But jeez informing me about four different meetings I need to attend regarding things that will happening after you die is a bummer of a way to go into a long weekend.

Reminds me of the time that I went gravestone and cemetery plot shopping with my mother.

When she found out that she knew the people who owned the plot next to hers. she said, "Oh, it will be good to have them as neighbors."
Old 07-01-2022, 10:54 PM   #23346
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
When she found out that she knew the people who owned the plot next to hers. she said, "Oh, it will be good to have them as neighbors."

I assume you'll forgive me for legit laughing out loud at that.

I feel like I'm on solid ground laughing if only for the fact that I know soooo many people who could/would have uttered the same thing
Old 07-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #23347
21C
College Prospect

Yeah, no problem at all.

When she was asked what side of the double plot she wanted, she said, "The right-hand side because I always slept on the right-hand side of the bed."
Old 07-03-2022, 01:56 PM   #23348
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Not a school shooting, so there is no thread for it. But apparently a mass shooting at a Copenhagen mall this afternoon, details not yet available.

Highly touristy area. My wife and I stayed in a hotel across the highway a few years ago and frequently used the metro station near the mall entrance. On the other side of the hotel, there's an arena where some sort of pop music concert is supposed to take place tonight.

A narrow escape we had, though with time travel being logistically impossible despite the valiant efforts of billions of science fiction authors, I doubt we were/are in any danger.

That was pre-COVID, of course. Travel in a spacious pepto-bismol pink jet plane (WOW! Airlines) at one-third the normal cost, with an encouraged one-week layover in Iceland, where there are no trees and the sun never sets this time of year (but you need a jacket, because temperatures are in the 40s and 50s). I could see living in Iceland. Fewer shootings than Denmark, no doubt.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 12:19 AM   #23349
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Pretty sure I saw this in a Star Trek series/movie ...

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/gi...obs/index.html

these runway shows HAVE GOT to be a prank....just got to...
Old 07-04-2022, 08:00 AM   #23350
Edward64
Head Coach

They just live in completely separate worlds.