Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2022, 10:37 PM   #23001
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't really know who's telling the truth in the Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard stuff. Probably somewhere in the middle with both (and their own idiosyncrasies) at fault.

These lawsuits & counter-lawsuits are confusing. They should just go their separate ways, don't write or talk about the other, and do their own thing.

I enjoyed him in Pirates and can see him doing more "senior" roles. But his acting career is done.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:19 AM   #23002
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just tried to schedule service for my car - 2 months out. Was not expecting that. I've got a pre-paid service program but I assumed I'd get an appointment in 2-3 weeks tops and now I'm going to have to get an oil change before then because I can't go another 2 months. Crazy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:41 PM   #23003
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Never seen this before.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:32 PM   #23004
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Never seen this before.

Wow, nothing justifies this kind of stuff, how mentally weak can be as an athlete. Maybe don't give up dingers so your feelings are protected.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #23005
BYU 14
Coordinator

So glad I recorded the USFL games to watch while I do cardio. It allowed me to fast forward past the half dozen Mike Lindell ads whining about being cancelled and thanking his Patriots for support with a sweet pillow deal. (Yeah, I watched it once)
Old 04-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #23006
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Now that things have opened up, there are a lot more people in Downtown Raleigh, and I've been walking to lunch and back to my car after work, etc. a lot.

And it is now pretty common to smell weed when I'm out. And NC is one of the states that has done nothing to formally legalize it. And, in general, this is a pretty buttoned up area.

If people are starting to smoke semi-openly here, then I imagine that it's pretty ubiquitous in a lot of cities now.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #23007
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Legal weed went live in jersey today. Gonna wait until things chill out then grab some edibles
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:21 AM   #23008
Ksyrup

I went for a run from the Gaslamp district down to the marina in San Diego last week and felt like I was running the California equivalent of our Bourbon Trail run in KY - every half-mile or so, I ran through a plume of weed smoke so that by the time I finished 5 miles, I was probably a little high.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-21-2022, 09:26 AM   #23009
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I went for a run from the Gaslamp district down to the marina in San Diego last week and felt like I was running the California equivalent of our Bourbon Trail run in KY - every half-mile or so, I ran through a plume of weed smoke so that by the time I finished 5 miles, I was probably a little high.

So the "Runner's High" is real?
Old 04-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #23010
Ksyrup

At least artificially induced, yes.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:23 AM   #23011
Ksyrup

I really wish there was a better way to handle packages. It seems like we've gone from erring on the side of caution years ago - I can recall more than a few instances of having to go to a store to pick up a package or it being left with a neighbor - to now, in the age of porch pirates, packages being left regardless of whether anyone is home.

It's not like I have any certainty as to when a package is really going to be delivered or can alter my schedule at the last minute. We ordered a computer for our daughter as a birthday/HS graduation present this past weekend, and the original email said it would be delivered on Wednesday. Great, I worked from home yesterday. And then yesterday afternoon, it was updated to delivery today. I just got the notification that it was delivered a little while ago. Both my wife and I are working outside the house today, with no one coming home until around 3pm.

I even went on the UPS site to see if there was some way to reschedule it, but the website said they could not reschedule and to call the sender for delivery options - as if HP is going to be able to tell UPS to change the delivery date.

Crossing fingers it's still there when my wife gets home, or that she can get a hold of one of our neighbors...
Old 04-21-2022, 10:43 AM   #23012
molson
General Manager

The new angle, which I think I posted about here earlier, is UPS charging you to pick it up at one of their stores. They want to sell membership in their UPS+ or whatever plan where you have more options in terms of delivery times, where the package is held, etc.

Last edited by molson : 04-21-2022 at 10:44 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:08 AM   #23013
miami_fan
Coordinator

I guess the money the guy gets from the inevitable lawsuit will be worth it but damn. Mike Tyson will have to age another 30 years before I would risk getting punched in the face by him. On the other hand, if Mike Tyson is flying JetBlue, there may not be a whole lot of dollars in his bank account.

Mike Tyson Repeatedly Punches Man In Face On Plane, Bloodies Passenger
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #23014
Ksyrup

Gives new meaning to the term "red eye flight."
Old 04-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #23015
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Wow, nothing justifies this kind of stuff, how mentally weak can be as an athlete. Maybe don't give up dingers so your feelings are protected.

4 games for the pitcher’s portrayal of Will Smith.

2 games for the batter’s portrayal of Chris Rock.

Two games for the batter’s teammates and coaches for leaving the dugout/bullpen.

Just boys being boys. They can’t help themselves.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-21-2022, 02:30 PM   #23016
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Only in America!

Shooter at South Carolina haunted house thought gun was a prop, police say
Old 04-21-2022, 04:15 PM   #23017
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m about at the point of making a PACKAGES GO ON THE SIDE PORCH!!! sign with an arrow.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:22 PM   #23018
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’m about at the point of making a PACKAGES GO ON THE SIDE PORCH!!! sign with an arrow.

Don't expect the sign to work. We have a sign on the door to place food deliveries on the table to the left of the door and to ring the bell because people were leaving the food on the mat. We still get people who leave the food on the mat, they rarely ring the doorbell, and sometimes, they put the food on a table on the porch that we can't see from the door. One person even left the food in the middle of the porch.

*sigh*
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #23019
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah there’s really nothing you can do except pull tips and downvote the food drivers.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:00 PM   #23020
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
4 games for the pitcher’s portrayal of Will Smith.

2 games for the batter’s portrayal of Chris Rock.

Two games for the batter’s teammates and coaches for leaving the dugout/bullpen.

Just boys being boys. They can’t help themselves.

Curious what th3e batter did to get 2 games, I haven't seen anything on that piece.

And if the pitcher is a starter, 4 games is a joke, so he gets to make his next scheduled start. Thinking the school may still remove him from the team though.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:16 AM   #23021
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Curious what th3e batter did to get 2 games, I haven't seen anything on that piece.

And if the pitcher is a starter, 4 games is a joke, so he gets to make his next scheduled start. Thinking the school may still remove him from the team though.

I believe the batter was punished for taunting

The four games is the conference suspension but the pitcher was kicked off the team by the school so it's a moot point best I can tell unless he transfers to another school in the conference
Old 04-22-2022, 07:05 AM   #23022
Ksyrup

If you watch the video carefully, you can see the pitcher already motioning/pointing between 1B and 2B and then right after the runner crosses 2B, the umpire in the field immediately turns and starts following him and pointing. So he clearly said/did something that set the pitcher off and was going to get warned/tossed before the pitcher ran at him.

I haven't read any post-mortems as to whether there was a previous beef or it was just based on this one incident.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:53 AM   #23023
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not to be outdone by Coke Starlight, Pepsi has a new concoction. I'll have to try it just for the novelty.

I'm trying this right now. I was not happy to see that they didn't have a zero sugar option, so even if I like it, I won't buy it again.

So...

It's basically... flat pop with a slight bit of that carbonated "burn" at the end of a swig. Very slight. Frothy head like a beer, I guess. I got the vanilla because I figured it would cut some of the sweetness I don't like about pepsi.

The opening of the can was the coolest part. There was the "pop" and then some noise I'd never heard before, like I had unlocked some sort of freeze-dried outer space pop vault or something.

Not worth the 230 calories, but I could handle one every now and then if they could replicate it with zero sugar. If this is supposed to appeal to non-pop drinkers, I'm not sure drinking a flat version of pop is going to be any more appealing, but then again, what do I know?
Old 04-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #23024
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Flat Pepsi. Lord knows that's what we've all been clamoring for.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #23025
Ksyrup

TBF, it's aimed at people who don't like pop. So, maybe they don't know what flat pop tastes like to not like it... yet?
Old 04-24-2022, 06:42 PM   #23026
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm a simple person, I see Ribeye steak on sale, I buyz it. I enjoyz it.

Thank you.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:19 PM   #23027
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Our local butcher occasionally has Denver steaks, and let me tell you, they're terrific.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:11 PM   #23028
stevew
Hall Of Famer

yeah, I was excited about that flat Pepsi until the second sip. I thought I opened the can wrong or something.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #23029
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We are looking to replace the small sectional in the den. A dog, 2 cats, and 2 kids have pretty much destroyed it in less than 3 years. We were looking for something more durable. Started looking at a Lovesac. First off, the name is ridiculous. second off, HOLY SHIT! they are stupid expensive. We could gat a now couch every 3 years for 15 years and still spend less.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:31 PM   #23030
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm curious how expensive but I don't want to google Lovesac. Please tell me it's not overstuffed and/or scrotum-shaped. Actually, if it is, that would be funny, too.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:52 PM   #23031
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sactionals. Sac covers. Sac inserts. Footsacs. Sac Acessories.

I appreciate the commitment.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:57 PM   #23032
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You can definitely get one with 2-ball shaped seats, right, like a big, fancy bean bag chair?

If not, this is an untapped (drunken college kid) market.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-25-2022 at 04:59 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #23033
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Lovesac, baby, Lovesac.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:38 PM   #23034
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm curious how expensive but I don't want to google Lovesac. Please tell me it's not overstuffed and/or scrotum-shaped. Actually, if it is, that would be funny, too.

I dont know how expensive they are, but their special offer is $100 off for every $1000 you spend, so "not cheap" is a good guess.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:51 PM   #23035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Close to 5K
Old 04-26-2022, 08:39 AM   #23036
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our sump pump runs often...way more than our neighbor's house. Every 4-5 minutes as it rains...every few hours after it rains. Even once or twice a day for a bit after a dry day or two.

I finally got a guy to come out to take the drain out to the street...or as close to it as he could. Said he could do it for about 1000 bucks...which was fine by me because that was more work than I wanted to do deal with. He had mentioned that it was probably going to continue to run often as it's the water table that's the issue, not drainage.

I put that on hold and spent some of my weekend adjusting the pump's height in the pit. It's raised about 1.5 inches and doesn't go off at all now. I put in a PumpSpy to monitor it and give me an oh no alarm as well...the only time it's gone off is when I tested it by dropping 2 gallons of water in it.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:53 AM   #23037
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Sump Pump!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:58 AM   #23038
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I once had a broken Sump Pump, so I ordered a new one. Unfortunately it turned out I had accidently ordered a Sump Pumpy instead.

Things got a little freaky after my order arrived.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:58 AM   #23039
Poli
FOFC Survivor

At least it wasn't a Sumpy Pumpy Tudors.
Old 04-26-2022, 03:58 PM   #23040
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is really starting to become a disturbing trend, juveniles getting more brazen and violent because there are literally no consequences. I become involved with breaking up a similar incident at a large park this past Saturday involving 20+ teens, while park "security and several other adults just stood there watching and of course a few people were filming, cause 'Merica, it's so annoying to me, not only that it happens, but that so many won't even try and help people being assaulted.

Boston juveniles hurling racial slurs, 'terrorizing' downtown arrested again in McDonald's brawl: police
Old 04-26-2022, 09:07 PM   #23041
tarcone
Coordinator

200 days left in my career

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:59 PM   #23042
21C
College Prospect

Retirement or career change?
Old 04-27-2022, 01:06 AM   #23043
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
At least it wasn't a Sumpy Pumpy Tudors.

what's wrong with THAT!
Old 04-27-2022, 01:06 AM   #23044
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 04-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #23045
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Retirement or career change?

Retirement

Old 04-27-2022, 09:37 AM   #23046
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Congratulations!
Old 04-27-2022, 07:26 PM   #23047
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Retirement
And then what? Travel or pottering around the house?
Old 04-28-2022, 12:06 AM   #23048
21C
College Prospect

I did a short online quiz with a class. Students who finished early had to wait for the whole class to be done. One student (M15) decided to put his head down on the desk and fell asleep after he had finished. I didn't realize this until I got a phone call from the main office asking the student to come and pick something up from there. When I went to the student's desk, it took a while to rouse him from his slumber and, after I told him to go to the main office, he was completely disoriented. I don't know if he thought that he was in trouble or was still trying to work out what was going on.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:19 AM   #23049
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My first two experiences attempting to be a truck driver have taught me that I don't want to be a truck driver. Or maybe I've just worked for 2 of the dumbest dumb shit sets of individuals that I've ever encountered. I see why bands do that green m&m in the concert rider stuff. Because alleged grown ups do a very poor job of paying attention to detail.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:37 PM   #23050
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
And then what? Travel or pottering around the house?

Wife has about 5 more years. So I will pick up a part time job, hopefully leaning on a counter to pay for Health insurance. Bu, around. Play with ,y puppies. Sleep.

I cannot wait.