Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #2251
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Casterly Rock is contested between King Balon Greyjoy and King Joffrey Baratheon. Unfortunately for the Ironborn, Joffrey has more men and he recaptures his grandfather's family home.

King Renly has captured Winterfell.

King Stannis has captured the Karhold.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #2252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dragonstone was raided in the night by Tyrion's Mountain Men.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #2253
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

War!

King Balon Greyjoy declares war on King Stannis Baratheon, and marches on Drgaonstone. King Stannis decides to delay for a day and retreats from Drgaonstone.

Dragonstone is now occupied by House Greyjoy.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #2254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The people of Westeros are tired of war!

Although the side on which you fight, and the location of that fight is still determined by the defender, once war is declared, there is no backing down.

War between House Greyjoy and House Baratheon of Dragonstone will take place at the Day 14 deadline, at a location not yet announced by King Stannis.

Also, there is no sitting on the sidelines. The other two kings will join in. You can choose the side, or your side will be selected randomly.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #2255
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Chief you're keeping all the PMs for a massive postgame report or whatever, right? So we're free to clear out our inboxes completely? [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #2256
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The people of Westeros are tired of war!

Although the side on which you fight, and the location of that fight is still determined by the defender, once war is declared, there is no backing down.

War between House Greyjoy and House Baratheon of Dragonstone will take place at the Day 14 deadline, at a location not yet announced by King Stannis.

Also, there is no sitting on the sidelines. The other two kings will join in. You can choose the side, or your side will be selected randomly.

Deadline 7 PM Pacific?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #2257
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Deadline 7 PM Pacific?

Yes.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #2258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
[ooc] Chief you're keeping all the PMs for a massive postgame report or whatever, right? So we're free to clear out our inboxes completely? [/ooc]

Yes, I have all PMs in a spreadsheet.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #2259
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The forces of King Stannis have retreated to Brightwater Keep, deep in the Reach!

It appears that that will be where today's fight takes place!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #2260
path12
Coordinator

Neutrals,

It's now or never to choose a side if you have the ability. Though the outcome will come from hard fighting you should be aware that my forces are the largest of the four, and you will be one of my council if you join me.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #2261
Autumn
Head Coach

Clearly the same can be said of any king, Renly. Nobody has more than one bannerman, and so anyone who joins a king at this point is certain to be among their final three.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #2262
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Clearly the same can be said of any king, Renly. Nobody has more than one bannerman, and so anyone who joins a king at this point is certain to be among their final three.

Shh.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #2263
Autumn
Head Coach

The people want battle, and it seems they will get it. To think this all could have been avoided if all had been humble enough to kneel to the rightful heir to Robert.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #2264
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
The forces of King Stannis have retreated to Brightwater Keep, deep in the Reach!

It appears that that will be where today's fight takes place!

[ooc] Part of the reason I chose Dragonstone was because I thought you probably shouldn't be able to flee to a landlocked territory from there .. geography be damned. [/ooc]
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #2265
Autumn
Head Coach

secret tunnels
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #2266
Autumn
Head Coach

Let the battle begin!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #2267
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I wonder if the Imp is able to join a war if he is not sworn to a faction.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #2268
Autumn
Head Coach

He'll wildfire us all.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #2269
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The banners are gathering in the Reach...

House Baratheon of Dragonstone flies above Brightwater Keep. House Greyjoy approaches across verdant hills covered in farmland. The Ironborn are far from the water they call home, but they come on, nonetheless.

Will they come alone?

And will King Stannis have allies as well?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #2270
Autumn
Head Coach

(somebody needs to say, "He'll have my sword!")
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #2271
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
(somebody needs to say, "He'll have my sword!")

King Stannis, you'll have my sword.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #2272
Autumn
Head Coach

(who's got an axe?)
Old 06-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #2273
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a bright and sunny day in the river valley of the great Honeywine River. Towering Brightwater Keep sits on a short hill, overlooking the river.

The gathered forces of King Stannis's vassals are in place in and about the keep. Although tired of war, they seem confident of victory today.

And they have good reason to be. On the hills around the keep are arrayed the forces of King Renly and King Joffrey. Together they number around 100000 men.

Scouts have returned with details of the coming Greyjoy force. King Stannis knows then that surely Balon Greyjoy has made a grave error, coming here where his ships cannot aid him.

The scouts say the Iron King has brought with him some 15000 men. But they did not see Lord Tyrion's Mountain Men, and that is a cause for concern.

King Balon comes within sight of the keep--and the great host before him.

His commanders advise him that he must turn back.

"I cannot!" he declares. "The die is cast, and this is our lot. We are Ironborn! We can take any five landed men for each one of ours, and that's when we're pissed drunk!"

He asks if Lord Tyrion's forces have been sighted yet.

"Nay, my Grace," says his captain.

Balon nods grimly. He cannot hold of the attack. That blasted Imp better show up soon!

He orders the attack! A roar goes out from the gathered Ironborn. With a blast of horns taken from his command ship, Balon orders a charge! The Ironborn warriors surge forward toward the enemy host!

The Irons Islands are a fierce land, and they produce fiery warriors. But the numbers prove to be too much.

The Ironborn warriors crash into a Baratheon spear wall, and so much is their feverish battle blood risen high, the wall does falter and bend and even break. Men of the Reach die viciously under the weight of the Greyjoy attack.

But, alas, there is no reaching the second wall of Baratheon spearmen. There are too many of them! Dragonstone archers man the keep walls and let fly on arrow after arrow into the Greyjoy vanguard. The Baratheon host surges forward and throws the Ironborn warriors back. They are in disarray!

The Greyjoy host falls back, streaming back to the protection of hill and wood, looking to regather. But once again, their disadvantage in numbers does not allow them to protect their flanks. Great knights of Lannister red and gold sweep in and the sides of the retreating Ironborn, cutting down men as they go.

The Ironborn won't get far. Balon's inner guard is swept up in a wave of Baratheon knights, and soon the King himself is grabbed, disarmed and forced to the ground. He spittles and curses at them all, and at the Imp.

Lord Tyrion and his Mountain Men never showed up.

HOUSE BARATHEON OF DRAGONSTONE AND ITS ALLIES HAVE DEFEATED HOUSE GREYJOY IN THE BATTLE OF BRIGHTWATER KEEP!

KING BALON GREYJOY has been captured by KING RENLY BARATHEON!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #2274
Autumn
Head Coach

Perhaps now we've seen the last of these rebellious Ironborn. Let them slink back to the islands where they hid until now. And it seems the Imp has shown his true colors. In it for the gold, are you, dwarf?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2275
path12
Coordinator

Balon, as with Stark the choice is now yours. Bend the knee and I will welcome you, do not and it is the wall or the axe.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #2276
path12
Coordinator

Cersei, I trust you will pay your debt.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #2277
Autumn
Head Coach

I hear tell the Greyjoys will never bend the knee. I suppose we will see how much he believes it when it is to save his life, not to pretend to be a king.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #2278
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
King Stannis, you'll have my sword.

I will accept your fealty, Lord Baelish.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #2279
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lord Petyr Baelish has Bent the Knee to King Stannis Baratheon!

Lord Baelish is now a bannerman to King Stannis and a part of House Baratheon of Dragonstone.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #2280
Danny
Head Coach

I will now join renly baratheon
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #2281
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure I'd invite the Imp into your court, Renly. It seems he has his own goals beyond "serving" a king. I wonder how much richer in gold or information he was when he crept away from Balon's hall before the fight.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #2282
The Jackal
Coordinator

I will not be joining Stark at the wall. Leave me my islands and my fleet and you will have a willing bannerman.

Balon Greyjoy BENDS THE KNEE to Renly Baratheon
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #2283
The Jackal
Coordinator

King Renly Baratheon (since I can't edit!)
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #2284
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems Balon was all bluster. The Ironborn do not bend the knee, unless it saves their skin.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #2285
path12
Coordinator

King Renly Baratheon accepts both Lord Balon Greyjoy and Lord Tyrion Lannister into his house

Room for one more.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #2286
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, well, well. We're getting down to the nitty-gritty...

Lord Tyrion Lannister and former King, now Lord Balon Greyjoy have bent the knee to King Renly Baratheon.

As Balon Greyjoy was lord of Pyke and Harlaw, he remains so (with Pyke as his family home), but now a tithing on those lands will go to King Renly.

You may both now post in the House Baratheon of Storm's End thread.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #2287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Leftover result from Day Thirteen...

King Stannis has seized Riverrun.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #2288
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Balon, you were a fool to attack Stannis and not Renly. But at least you are a fool who is alive. For now.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #2289
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Cersei, I trust you will pay your debt.

Trust is a wonderful thing. We shall see what the night brings.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2290
path12
Coordinator

Chief, has day 15 started officially?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #2291
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, has day 15 started officially?

It's officially starting now.

All PMs are out. I will announce the new deadline shortly.

Just some news and notes to toss out...

Old 06-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #2292
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

News and notes from Day Fourteen...

Tyrion's Mountain Men sneak attacked King Stannis, but the attack failed.

King Stannis took control of Summerhall.

The Karhold was successfully raided by unknown raiders, and Duskendale was successfully raided by Lord Tyrion's Mountain Men.

Harrenhal was alo raided, but the raid was not successful.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #2293
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DAY FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS 11 a.m. EST/8 a.m. PDT FRIDAY

I seem to be best able to run results from work right now, and this has been when I have looked to run them the past few days, so I am goin to stick with that and give everyone extra hours if they need to to consider their decisions.

Will there be a war today?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #2294
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Will there be a war today?

[/color]

If there isn't, I'm leading the men from the Wall down.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #2295
path12
Coordinator

Yes there will.

KING RENLY ATTACKS STANNIS AT DRAGONSTONE

Let's do this.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #2296
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Baratheon to Fight Baratheon!

King Renly is marching on Dragonstone to take the fight to King Stannis.

King Stannis has until the deadline to either retreat from Dragonstone and pick his own battlefield, or he can choose to meet King Renly there.

King Joffrey's role in this is, as yet, unknown...

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2297
MrBug708
Head Coach

*yawn*
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #2298
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

House Baratheon of Dragonstone has chosen to retreat to Brightwater Keep!

Battle will be joined on Day Sixteen in the Honeywine River valley once again.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #2299
Autumn
Head Coach

Once you stood beside me brother, but today we will decide who deserves the throne.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #2300
path12
Coordinator

It had to come down to this eventually. We both know neither of us were going to give in.

Stubborn lot those Baratheons.