Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #2251
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Might have been one of those proof of mortality things. Pitching jesus can't always be fully man and fully god at the same time.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #2252
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Aw, you guys are so fun. Greinke gave up 6 runs in 6.2 IP. Two of those were unearned and if Mitch Maier hadn't given up on a fly ball in the 7th resulting in a "double", Greinke wouldn't have had his 115th pitch end up somewhere near the moon because he wouldn't have had to throw it. And, yeah, he didn't have great stuff again tonight so he only struck out 9 and uncharacteristically walked 2. But, yeah, 4ER in 6.2- that raises his season ERA all the way to... 1.96.

Really, you should check out our defense sometime. It's craptacular- 3 more errors on the night. Oh, and finding stuff to hammer away at on a 29-35 baseball team must be a full time job considering the amount of energy devoted to it in this thread. I wish we could get this kind of national coverage anywhere else.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-17-2009 at 11:14 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #2253
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Aw, you guys are so fun. Greinke gave up 6 runs in 6.2 IP. Two of those were unearned and if Mitch Maier hadn't given up on a fly ball in the 7th resulting in a "double", Greinke wouldn't have had his 115th pitch end up somewhere near the moon because he wouldn't have had to throw it. And, yeah, he didn't have great stuff again tonight so he only struck out 9 and uncharacteristically walked 2. But, yeah, 4ER in 6.2- that raises his season ERA all the way to... 1.96.

Really, you should check out our defense sometime. It's craptacular- 3 more errors on the night. Oh, and finding stuff to hammer away at on a 29-35 baseball team must be a full time job considering the amount of energy devoted to it in this thread. I wish we could get this kind of national coverage anywhere else.

SI

Consider it the curse of MBBF. He has a way of rallying every person in a thread to the opposite side of whatever he's for and considering the Royals dominated several pages of this thread its no surprise it happened here.

I said earlier in this thread that Greinke deserves every bit of good fortune that shines his way. He's had it rough and its good to see him playing well, but you'd better believe I'm going to have fun with the fact that the guy just couldn't seem to catch a break at one point despite a sub 1 ERA, .270 BABIP, and zero homers allowed.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #2254
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I know and I suppose I should realize that. Still, for us, we don't get much good news so we have to get excited when it happens

SI

Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #2255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Consider it the curse of MBBF. He has a way of rallying every person in a thread to the opposite side of whatever he's for and considering the Royals dominated several pages of this thread its no surprise it happened here.

I said earlier in this thread that Greinke deserves every bit of good fortune that shines his way. He's had it rough and its good to see him playing well, but you'd better believe I'm going to have fun with the fact that the guy just couldn't seem to catch a break at one point despite a sub 1 ERA, .270 BABIP, and zero homers allowed.

yep.

Greinke could cure cancer and still get killed in this thread
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #2256
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Sorry. I mistakenly thought you were looking for an honest discussion.

Nothing you have ever posd as ever led to an honest discussion. Sorry if I crapped all over your Royal's jizzfest, but I'll probably keep slamming the Royals just because no one gives a god damn shit about the Royals.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #2257
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Sorry if I crapped all over your Royal's jizzfest, but I'll probably keep slamming the Royals just because no one gives a god damn shit about the Royals.

I didn't post in this thread for two weeks or so because the Royals were playing so poorly and no one wants to talk about it. I finally came on and posted BASHING the Royals for their poor play and it's suddenly a 'jizzfest'? I'll apologize for fairly assessing my team's play. You only complain about the positive comments. An honest conversation usually contains both negative and positive assessments. It's fine if you'd like to bash them, but once again, at least be honest in your discussion.

And as sterlingice noted, for a team that no one cares about, there sure is a lot of discussion here. Post like yours only increase the conversations on it. If you don't like it, stop flaming.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-18-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #2258
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I wish we could get this kind of national coverage anywhere else.

SI

We do.........on MLB Network.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #2259
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I didn't post in this thread for two weeks or so because the Royals were playing so poorly and no one wants to talk about it.

Those were the days. I miss the past.

Quote:
And as sterlingice noted, for a team that no one cares about, there sure is a lot of discussion here. Post like yours only increase the conversations on it. If you don't like it, stop flaming.

Well, it's not as much a discussion about the Royals as much as it is a conversation about your posting habits. Notice how not everyone dumps on SI for posting similar comments.

Finally, I'll stop flaming when you stop being a tool (good luck with that).
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 AM   #2260
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Finally, I'll stop flaming when you stop being a tool (good luck with that).

You stay classy.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #2261
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

SI

While 47 errors on the season is abysmal, I would take that any day.

There are also the MANY plays that could be easily scored an error for the Nationals that aren't -- but I'm assuming the Royals have those as well.

The most heartbreaking is that Ryan Zimmerman has 8 of the total 61 errors. IT doesn't tell me on baseball reference, but I assume the majority of those are overthrows to 1B.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #2262
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

And, BTW. As much as I have disagreements with MBBF, the RKG stuff is way out of left field.

Based on FOFC coverage, people care about: BOS, NYY, NYM, KCR, WAS, LAA, PHI

Any other MLB teams are RARELY discussed in this thread. And NYY + BOS are 50/50 people that love them or hate them.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #2263
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I'd disagree. SFG, DET, CHC, ATL all get a good amount of play here (just off the top of my head).
Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #2264
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I'd disagree. SFG, DET, CHC, ATL all get a good amount of play here (just off the top of my head).

There's at least a couple of Dodger fans here too but we don't talk about them much, afraid to jinx anything I think

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-18-2009 at 08:45 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #2265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I would talk more about the Braves, but likely anyone else who is likely to care is already heavily drinking.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #2266
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Raul to the DL. (whimper)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #2267
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Piss
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #2268
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

Reparations for trolling on MBBF, methinks.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2269
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Time to nut up, Phils!
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #2270
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

Lemme guess, patellar tendonitis or an oblique strain?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #2271
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I would talk more about the Braves, but likely anyone else who is likely to care is already heavily drinking.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #2272
Travis
Pro Rookie

Random Jays update.

Their IR rotation: Halladay, Marcum, McGowan, Litsch, Janssen (only Halladay and Janssen project to return at all this season).

Their current MLB rotation: Tallet, Richmond, Romero, Cecil, Mills

So yeah, here's hoping Wells follows Rios lead of remembering how to hit because they're going to need some serious run support to stay close to the race. Assuming Halladay misses the minimum amount of time I'm still hoping the brass will bring in an arm to add to the rotation down the stretch (preferably a #2, at worst a #3) to see what sort of run they could make this season, but if he misses an extended period of time, well, damn.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #2273
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
And, BTW. As much as I have disagreements with MBBF, the RKG stuff is way out of left field.

It's not out of left field at all, read the Mets thread, he's a sad, wanna be troll.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #2274
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

Hm, I definitely missed ATL, but I don't see a lot of the others? Maybe I don't pay close enough attention. I mean, they aren't on the east coast, sooo.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It's not out of left field at all, read the Mets thread, he's a sad, wanna be troll.

Sorry, if you block out "RKG" and just see it as a typical poster... even if you know they're talking to MBBF.

Anyway.. let people bitch about or brag about their team, regardless of how supported they are nationally or by the media. I would imagine "my" team has one of the smallest fan bases in the nation and people just pat me on the back if I complain in this thread.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #2275
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Wow, and I was leaving you alone. Hell, I even held up my end of the bargain in the Mets thread.

Time to go back in there and libel all over the place again, I guess.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #2276
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Sorry, if you block out "RKG" and just see it as a typical poster... even if you know they're talking to MBBF.

Anyway.. let people bitch about or brag about their team, regardless of how supported they are nationally or by the media. I would imagine "my" team has one of the smallest fan bases in the nation and people just pat me on the back if I complain in this thread.

Nats suck.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #2277
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
He is, he just changed his name to Willy Taveraz.

You weren't kidding. Is Taveras the one dating Dusty's daughter this year?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #2278
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nats suck.

It's true.

The Nationals are 10(+?) games out of 29th place in the majors.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #2279
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Yup. I like the Royals, but if MBBF came out against Al-Queda, I'd ask for a membership brochure.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #2280
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Braves actually manage to win one game against the Reds powerhouse lineup.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #2281
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Reds hero Willy Taveras was lumped in with the pitcher by Dusty Baker in the post game interview, it made me laugh considering how the Reds fans here love those two guys.

"We had the bases loaded against him, but we didn't have the right people up -- Maloney and Willy, who's not swinging the bat well."

Keep him at the top of the order Dusty, he'll come around. Don't listen to these egghead wannabe baseball men.

Hanson threw six shutout innings and got an RBI to boot. Hopefully McLouth's homer shows management the benefit of having legitimate major league outfielders on the club. Maybe we'll get two more of them next season.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #2282
stevew
Hall Of Famer

After following him for the last few days, that Mauer guy is pretty good.

It is gonna be hard for him to hit .400 but something like .370 is likely. He will have enough at bats in about 2 weeks to qualify.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #2283
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Random Jays update.

Their IR rotation: Halladay, Marcum, McGowan, Litsch, Janssen (only Halladay and Janssen project to return at all this season).

Their current MLB rotation: Tallet, Richmond, Romero, Cecil, Mills

But you guys still swept my (happless?) Phils. Actually, Happ pitched, so I guess I shouldn't say happless. HA HA HA!
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #2284
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
But you guys still swept my (happless?) Phils. Actually, Happ pitched, so I guess I shouldn't say happless. HA HA HA!

I appreciated the joke at least

SI

Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #2285
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

See, I was right. I knew I could jinx the Royals back into a losing streak!

Cards coming into town this weekend. Should be big crowds and a lot of fun.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #2286
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
So yeah, here's hoping Wells follows Rios lead of remembering how to hit because they're going to need some serious run support to stay close to the race. Assuming Halladay misses the minimum amount of time I'm still hoping the brass will bring in an arm to add to the rotation down the stretch (preferably a #2, at worst a #3) to see what sort of run they could make this season, but if he misses an extended period of time, well, damn.
Good luck.

Run differential by division.

ALE: +158
ALC: -34
ALW: -27
NLE: -108
NLC: +17
NLW: -6

BP Adjusted standings (adjusted Equivalent runs and runs allowed used for pythag), the top 5 teams in baseball in terms of wins:

1. Rays 41.6
2. Red Sox 39.1
3. Dodgers 39.0
4. Yankees 36.9
5. Blue Jays 36.8
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #2287
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

see - i see that and it makes me feel like they should get rid of the whole "division winners" thing and just move to a straight "the teams with the X number of best records make the postseason" thing. everytime. without fail.

I mean why should a team like the Jays, who as Bishop posted are the 5th best in baseball in Adjusted standings, be shut out of the playoffs again and again simply because they play in a division with two powerhouses. It's shitty for their fanbase, and their revenue stream.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #2288
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

First shutout in New Yankee Stadium
First game with no home runs in New Yankee Stadium
First MLB win for Stammen

Nationals win the series! GO NATS!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #2289
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
see - i see that and it makes me feel like they should get rid of the whole "division winners" thing and just move to a straight "the teams with the X number of best records make the postseason" thing. everytime. without fail.

I mean why should a team like the Jays, who as Bishop posted are the 5th best in baseball in Adjusted standings, be shut out of the playoffs again and again simply because they play in a division with two powerhouses. It's shitty for their fanbase, and their revenue stream.

Yeah I agree. It's pretty depressing. Red Sox and Yankees will always be competitive, and now the Rays are someone... damn division.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #2290
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Yeah I agree. It's pretty depressing. Red Sox and Yankees will always be competitive, and now the Rays are someone... damn division.

Is it surprising that the best players are heading where the money is? While not having a quick way to pull up the numbers, I would guess that the revenue stream in the AL East is higher than any other division. Unless a cap is instituted, it will continue to go this way.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #2291
miked
College Starter

I would think a salary floor is needed as well. Teams like KC, MIN, and FLA have been pretty good at putting revenue sharing in their pockets while taxpayers foot the bill for stadium improvements (or new stadiums). KC is certainly not the biggest offender, but I think I was reading a stat that since 2002 their revenue sharing has doubled to almost 40M a season, yet their payroll has increased 6%. And they got a tax hike to raise 250M to improve the stadium.

Clearly the Royals as of late are dedicating more resources to trying to win, but there are some teams that have clearly found that putting whatever product on the field you can for 70M and pocketing revenue sharing is an easy business bet, especially when the taxpayers are helping increase the value of the franchise.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #2292
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I would think a salary floor is needed as well. Teams like KC, MIN, and FLA have been pretty good at putting revenue sharing in their pockets while taxpayers foot the bill for stadium improvements (or new stadiums). KC is certainly not the biggest offender, but I think I was reading a stat that since 2002 their revenue sharing has doubled to almost 40M a season, yet their payroll has increased 6%. And they got a tax hike to raise 250M to improve the stadium.

Clearly the Royals as of late are dedicating more resources to trying to win, but there are some teams that have clearly found that putting whatever product on the field you can for 70M and pocketing revenue sharing is an easy business bet, especially when the taxpayers are helping increase the value of the franchise.

I don't think FLA is ever a good example here. They have 2 WS titles since 1997 with those low payrolls. The gigantic payrolls of the Red Sox and Yankees have 2 and 3 WS titles respectively. I don't think you can argue that FLA ownership is not putting a good product on the field.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #2293
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The first Florida title came with a huge pricetag.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #2294
Travis
Pro Rookie

The sad part is that they're 5th in those rankings with such a cobbled together pitching staff (as the injuries turn around and affect who is in the pen as well as usage). Don't get me wrong, some guys have really surprised so far (Tallet, Richmond and Romero for the most part), but what does Cito have to do to get some legit arms behind Halladay, even if they're only rentals?

This whole, "use this season as a building block" towards next season is crap. It's not like Marcum and McGowan are overly proven/polished pitchers and both are going to be coming off of serious surgery (add Litsch to that list now). If the plan is to immediately insert those guys as the 2/3 next year (hopefully Romero can force his way into the top 3, but again, he's a young and unproven arm) and either one isn't immediately back to their form of a year ago, it'll be the same mess all over again.

Riccardi, I know you're a dillhole, but please, pretty freaking please, go and get a #2 arm for this rotation. You refuse to get a power bat to hit in the middle of the order but they can compensate for that by having a pretty solid lineup 1 thru 9, so get them the arm they need.

And hell, maybe that'll even encourage Halladay to stay around and sign an extension, now novel would that be.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #2295
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Let's at least provide accurate information on the situation if you're going to formulate an opinion on it.

Cot's Baseball Contracts: Kansas City Royals

Royals 2002 salary: $47,257,000

Royals 2009 salary: $70,519,333

Increase in salary over last 7 years: $23,262,333 (48% increase in total salary)

Increase in revenue sharing over last 7 years: roughly $20,000,000

I have no idea where you're getting your figures, but it appears that the Royals are spending every dime of that revenue sharing money and then some. In addition, the Royals are expected to spend quite a bit more in the upcoming off-season due to a further increase in revenue thanks to the stadium renovation.

The Royals are one of the last teams to complain about in regard to small markets. They're doing everything the big market owners want them to do: increase revenue and spend all revenue sharing dollars on salary. David Glass is one of the more respected and powerful owners in the MLB meetings. They respect him for a reason and it's not because he's robbing the big markets blind as you imply.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #2296
miked
College Starter

I looked back on the article and it was outdated. But this is not some pattern. The Royals increased their payroll from last season by 25%, and in 2006 was 46M. At the time of that article, they were making about 25M in revenue sharing and spending 45M on player contracts. Meanwhile, the taxpayers were committing 250M to stadium improvements.

Now I'll agree they have loosened the purse-strings a little, but part of the reason baseball is having competitive issues between have and have-nots is only partly solved by a cap. In fact, from 1998-2008 they were in the bottom 5 in the league for payroll, but their franchise value has grown quite well. The incentive is not in winning and paying people.

I do like though, how you did your usual cherry-picking of data to show that they've increased payroll by 50% since 2002, when in fact, it was flat from 2002-2006, and jumped the last 2 years. Interestingly, from 1989-1994, they were in the top 10 for payrolls every season. When did Glass take over?

Last edited by miked : 06-19-2009 at 10:48 AM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #2297
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The first Florida title came with a huge pricetag.

They are still constantly used as an example, though. If you can win a championship as often as BOS (and almost as often as NYY) for a much lower price tag over the course of 10 years, how can you blame them?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #2298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it surprising that the best players are heading where the money is? While not having a quick way to pull up the numbers, I would guess that the revenue stream in the AL East is higher than any other division. Unless a cap is instituted, it will continue to go this way.

As a Red Sox fan but also a fan of the game, I am in favor of both a hard cap and a hard floor.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #2299
miked
College Starter

Quote:
They are still constantly used as an example, though. If you can win a championship as often as BOS (and almost as often as NYY) for a much lower price tag over the course of 10 years, how can you blame them?

As was said, the first title came at a big expense. The second title was quite good, maybe they aren't necessarily the model for competitiveness I was looking for (same goes for MIN). Just two examples of teams that try to spend as little as humanly possible while pocketing revenue sharing money...all while trying to stick taxpayers with improving their franchise value.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #2300
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I looked back on the article and it was outdated. But this is not some pattern. The Royals increased their payroll from last season by 25%, and in 2006 was 46M. At the time of that article, they were making about 25M in revenue sharing and spending 45M on player contracts. Meanwhile, the taxpayers were committing 250M to stadium improvements.

Now I'll agree they have loosened the purse-strings a little, but part of the reason baseball is having competitive issues between have and have-nots is only partly solved by a cap. In fact, from 1998-2008 they were in the bottom 5 in the league for payroll, but their franchise value has grown quite well. The incentive is not in winning and paying people.

I do like though, how you did your usual cherry-picking of data to show that they've increased payroll by 50% since 2002, when in fact, it was flat from 2002-2006, and jumped the last 2 years. Interestingly, from 1989-1994, they were in the top 10 for payrolls every season. When did Glass take over?

C'mon, this is ridiculous. Glass had been steadfast that he refused to increase salary until a plan was put into place that better addressed the needs of the smaller markets. The last CBA expiration was in 2006. (http://mikepaward.com/articles/MLBCBA.pdf) Many of the small market requests were granted in the agreement reached before that one expired. The Royals starting spending money in ......... 2006. Glass was a man of his word and his stance ushered in much of the revenue grants to the smaller markets.

Your point concerning the early 90s and the Royals payroll being high is totally ignoring the situation. We had an owner who knew he was dying. He tried to buy a winner before he died and the salary spiked accordingly. Much of those large salaries were funded out of Mr. Kauffman's pocket, not the team. After what he did to bring the team to KC, he earned he right to try to buy a winner IMO if he chose to do so. Mr. Glass had no choice but to cut salary. The salary level was unsubstainable and Mr. Kauffman even told his friend, Mr. Glass that before his death.

For the record, Glass is ultimately for a salary cap and salary floor. He wants exactly what you all are advocating.