Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #2251
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Or is it just a lack of success catching Things?
I think we've done quite nicely at catching shitfaces. My helplessnes is the same it was at the start of the game: I cannot construct a plausible way we win the game based on numbers. I think this is an interesting, albeit slanted, setup.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #2252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I think this is an interesting, albeit slanted, setup.

I'm waiting until I see the roles at the end of the game to go too far down this path, but I have thought a little bit about how I would like to see another "high conversion rate" game play out.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #2253
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm waiting until I see the roles at the end of the game to go too far down this path, but I have thought a little bit about how I would like to see another "high conversion rate" game play out.
Realize that what I said isn't really a criticism of Schmidty. He came up with a concept that I haven't seen anywhere and I have been pleased to play in this game.

Something which is frustrating me is the lack of thread posting. I have a feeling that a whole game is going on behind the scenes that I am simply not privy to.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #2254
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49

Something which is frustrating me is the lack of thread posting.

Agree with this. If I ever host a ww game I will strike people dead who don't do some minimum posting.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #2255
hoopsguy
General Manager

The thread has had a weird ebb and flow, where it is stagnant for hours before a blitz of activity. And not just at the deadline - there were a couple of days where we had 3-5 pages of posts during the mid-afternoon. But the long stretches of inactivity haven't been much fun at all.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #2256
Blade6119
Coordinator

I think that is due to long days though...we have been on this same day for 4 days now and it was a foregone conclusion on friday i was getting tested. Not a lot of discussion can go on that hasnt already been said. These long days are what is killing it for me. So we are just short 1 vote i think, cant we just end it since there is 100% no chance im not getting tested? I want to hear RA after the test
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #2257
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Just got back in, my vote is fairly predictable.

Vote Blade

My reasoning was spelled out the previous day.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #2258
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Wow. It's dead in here. No results yet, so I'll see you tomorrow morning.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:38 PM   #2259
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
go too far down this path

This phrase always cracks me up.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #2260
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
What do people think is contributing to the sense of helplessness in this game? Is it the fact that the circles of trust model, which we have come to rely upon, has minimal value? Is it because the game has gone on longer (into our 3rd week now) than usual? Or is it just a lack of success catching Things? We aren't that far removed from catching Coffee Warlord, but it does feel like a long, long time ago.

I think the lack of the circles of trust is a good thing to have occasionally in our games -- it keeps things fresh. This has been a very fun premise. There is probably some more balance adjustments that need to be made to this ruleset, but I would play this game again.

The long days are a bitch. Maybe weekend days ending on Sunday night would help if not enough folks will be around for the weekend. Friday to Monday night is too long.

I also believe that the tactic of hardly posting at all is really affecting the games lately -- you know when it's all said and done we're gonna find things in the lowest posters. I know not everyone is going to (or should) be Blade (and I'm not a super prolific poster either), but if you're going to play in the game you should at least give some opinions here and there and at least be around for the discussions. In future, I'm going to be very very willing to vote off the non-participants.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #2261
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Wow. It's dead in here.

Let's hope it's a Thing.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #2262
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To path: I happen to agree, though often times some players seem to post more when the crowd gets smaller, which obviously in this game it has not.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #2263
Schmidty
Coordinator

Another day, another test. Your minds are starting to fray. Suspicion is quickly being edged out by mental fatique and apathy. To some of you, your destruction seems inevitable, and your tests mean nothing. Today, you "target" someone who hasn't been tested yet: Blade6119.

Blade slowly walks to the table, talking all the while. What he is saying is anyone's guess, as it comes out in a constant stream of accusatory gibberish under his breath. He sits at the table and with much consternation, slits his thumb over the petry dish. He nervously heats the wire, and pauses with it over the dish. At the last second, his visage hardens and he slowly lowers the molten wire into the blood, all the while coldly staring at each of your faces in turn.

Nothing happens.

Blade tosses his chair away, walks to a corner, crosses his arms and slumps silently against the wall. "I give up. We are all dead.", Blade quietly mutters.

Blade6119 is not a Thing.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #2264
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ah well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #2265
mckerney
Coordinator

Can't say I'm surprised. Great job barkeep and st.cronin leading the charge against a scientist for a 2nd vote in a row. So have you guys won yet? 'Cause if not I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure you two burn tomorrow.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #2266
hoopsguy
General Manager

The only part that surprises me is that the Things didn't take Blade last night. Up until that point, I thought there was a pretty good chance that he was playing scientist.

How much do you think that Schmidty enjoyed writing that "test"?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #2267
Blade6119
Coordinator

Do i really need to say anything? Bravo guys, bravo...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #2268
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The only part that surprises me is that the Things didn't take Blade last night. Up until that point, I thought there was a pretty good chance that he was playing scientist.

How much do you think that Schmidty enjoyed writing that "test"?
The part about me talking and no one knowing what i was saying and throwing wild accusations...i think he loved every second of that
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #2269
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
Can't say I'm surprised. Great job barkeep and st.cronin leading the charge against a scientist for a 2nd vote in a row. So have you guys won yet? 'Cause if not I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure you two burn tomorrow.
Oh yeah. I was leading the charge with cronin. That's why we had different votes ALL DAY LONG.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #2270
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh yeah. I was leading the charge with cronin. That's why we had different votes ALL DAY LONG.
Quote:
Votes as of Post #2243:

Blade - Raiders (2179), Barkeep (2197), Cronin (2200), Hoopsguy (2201), Anxiety (2221), path (2225), Kingfc (2237), Swaggs (2239)

Hoopsguy - Blade (2185)

Cronin - Jeeber (2186)

Not voted: Tanglewood, mckerney, WVUFAN
Looks to me like you 2 voted 3 posts apart and both for me...am i missing something?
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #2271
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119

Do i really need to say anything? Bravo guys, bravo...

It was clear to me that you were clean once the bandwagon started. After st.cronin targeted you he got a scientist or two to agree and the things jumped on to ensure you'd be tested. Only way the bandwagon formed like that...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #2272
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pretty sure that he is talking about the Jeeber/Tanglewood vote there, Blade.

mckerney, how long do you think that Cronin and/or Barkeep have been Things? Do you really believe that both of them were Things when the CW vote went down? Or are you not sure which one is a Thing and that is why you are lumping the two of them together? I know you have been voting for Barkeep, but I don't really have those two guys linked in my mind as co-conspirators over the course of this game.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #2273
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks to me like you 2 voted 3 posts apart and both for me...am i missing something?
I'm talking about yesterdays second vote.

Listen in retrospect I regret not pushing tangle who was and is my #1 target. I voted for Blade as I felt he was an easy guy to gain consenus around and was high up on my list. Obviously that was wrong.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #2274
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm talking about yesterdays second vote.

Listen in retrospect I regret not pushing tangle who was and is my #1 target. I voted for Blade as I felt he was an easy guy to gain consenus around and was high up on my list. Obviously that was wrong.

Nice. Deflect suspicion from yourself and put it on another scientist time?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #2275
Blade6119
Coordinator

Wheres RA when i need him

No big deal, we just lost the game...dont worry about
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #2276
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Pretty sure that he is talking about the Jeeber/Tanglewood vote there, Blade.
He said both days...not 1
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #2277
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets see if I can get the timeline info out there:

CW Scans: Hoopsguy (1), Raiders (2), Cronin (3), Blade (4), Barkeep (5) - no Night 6 scan

Blood Tests: Jeeber (1), Saldana(2/1), Dubb (2/2), Coffee (3), Dubb (4), Anxiety (5), Coffee Warlord (6/1), Jeeber (6/2), Blade (7)

Bodyguard: Hoopsguy (1), Barkeep (2), Hoopsguy (3), Coffee Warlord (4), Blade (5), Hoopsguy (6)
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #2278
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, lets see if I can get the timeline info out there:

CW Scans: Cronin (3), Blade (4), Barkeep (5) - no Night 6 scan

Bodyguard: Hoopsguy (1), Barkeep (2), Hoopsguy (3), Coffee Warlord (4), Blade (5), Hoopsguy (6)
I wanted to point out that with these two we dont know if any of these are legit. The first two CW scans are, but you could have gone night 1 and CW night 3...just making sure thats clear
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #2279
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
mckerney, how long do you think that Cronin and/or Barkeep have been Things? Do you really believe that both of them were Things when the CW vote went down? Or are you not sure which one is a Thing and that is why you are lumping the two of them together? I know you have been voting for Barkeep, but I don't really have those two guys linked in my mind as co-conspirators over the course of this game.

I believe they've both been things since before the Coffee Warlord vote, st.cronin probably a more recent addition to the things, and I'm sure that both of them are things. There's no doubt in my mind they gave up CW to us, and then used it to project an image of being completely clean, with st.cronin even saying that he and barkeep should be considered clean for that vote because of their early votes on CW. Add that with the barkeep being cleared by CW while he's a thing, and he also has the 'no thing would ever do that' defense to use. They distance themselves somewhat by each targeting a scientist on the second vote for the day and hope it works out, which it does very well for them. Now with the end of the game likely in closing in on us, they work together to start a bandwagon on blade and encourage everyone to join, because it's the only way we'll get a thing (after all, it's how they gave us CW). Though they fail to mention that a bandwagon on a scientist is exactly what the things want.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #2280
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, all bodyguard and seer activities are self-published.

We know that Coffee Warlord was converted at some point. So obviously you have to take those with a grain of salt.

As far as my activities, I've published them here and it is up to you and the others to decide what value to place on that information. I think it is helpful in trying to evaluate scenarios, although not as helpful as I would have liked over the last couple of days.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #2281
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, all bodyguard and seer activities are self-published.

We know that Coffee Warlord was converted at some point. So obviously you have to take those with a grain of salt.

As far as my activities, I've published them here and it is up to you and the others to decide what value to place on that information. I think it is helpful in trying to evaluate scenarios, although not as helpful as I would have liked over the last couple of days.
Point taken, but the way you said it you stated them like they were fact...im just making sure people know which arent(grouping them with the tests was a nice touch)
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #2282
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, please feel free to write your timeline and I'll follow it instead.

Seriously, you are the only guy I know is clean at the moment so from now until dawn I'll treat your words as gospel.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #2283
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Nice. Deflect suspicion from yourself and put it on another scientist time?

-Anxiety
And you know tangle to be a scientist because you ___________________
Old 05-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #2284
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I believe they've both been things since before the Coffee Warlord vote, st.cronin probably a more recent addition to the things, and I'm sure that both of them are things. There's no doubt in my mind they gave up CW to us, and then used it to project an image of being completely clean, with st.cronin even saying that he and barkeep should be considered clean for that vote because of their early votes on CW. Add that with the barkeep being cleared by CW while he's a thing, and he also has the 'no thing would ever do that' defense to use. They distance themselves somewhat by each targeting a scientist on the second vote for the day and hope it works out, which it does very well for them. Now with the end of the game likely in closing in on us, they work together to start a bandwagon on blade and encourage everyone to join, because it's the only way we'll get a thing (after all, it's how they gave us CW). Though they fail to mention that a bandwagon on a scientist is exactly what the things want.
If you are successful with this, admittedly nice piece of logic, then the scientists lose the game.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:39 PM   #2285
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And you know tangle to be a scientist because you ___________________
He doesnt, but it was a case of you positioning...just like hoops has done for days...
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #2286
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
If you are successful with this, admittedly nice piece of logic, then the scientists lose the game.

I highly doubt that. But good try with the scare tactics.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #2287
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, please feel free to write your timeline and I'll follow it instead.

Seriously, you are the only guy I know is clean at the moment so from now until dawn I'll treat your words as gospel.
Hoops, Tangle, Barkeep...thats my top 3 right now(#1-2 is a big drop too)...gospel enough for ya hoops? lol

CW converted night 3/5, doesnt matter...i know im clean, and think cronin is too...barkeep is prob. a thing, hence why 3/5 doesnt matter

as for your bodygaurding i think you went night 2, so i dont put stock into your list at all.
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #2288
path12
Coordinator

Well, it's down to it now. What do we have, one more chance?

I'm open to any and all ideas. And I agree with what hoops said, Blade's thoughts are the most valid to me at this moment. So let's hear it, Blade!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #2289
path12
Coordinator

Crap. Crosspost.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #2290
path12
Coordinator

Blade, I've seen your reasonings about hoops, but why do you think Cronin is clean? And Barkeep a thing?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #2291
hoopsguy
General Manager

Unfortunately, I suspected that your gospel involves me being stoned as a martyr. But I'll listen to it until dawn, when we each find out what team we are playing for tomorrow.

Interestingly enough, your other top two candidates line up pretty well with guys I'm looking at.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #2292
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Blade, I've seen your reasonings about hoops, but why do you think Cronin is clean? And Barkeep a thing?
Working from hoops being a thing i know how much he respects barkeep and would want him on his team, or the other way around as barkeep would have a nice night 1 conversion after his role reveal. Neither have been scanned yet...

As for cronin, as CW i would have cleared two villagers first(we know he did at least 1 in me) so that if he got tested after either we would then go test cronin or myself...after 3 days i think he took a chance on barkeep....but i dont think CW would clear cronin right away if cronin was a thing. Cronin has been playing aggresive all game(wrong, but aggresive), and just seems like misguided villager...he hasnt tried to position, apologize, or anything. Just seems like a villager, gut feeling.
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #2293
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, barkeep had a special role he announced on day 1...why would they not try to convert him? as a thing special roles are your targets...just makes sense to me...
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #2294
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, barkeep had a special role he announced on day 1...why would they not try to convert him? as a thing special roles are your targets...just makes sense to me...
Because I have been under serious suspicion most days. It's the same reason you evidently haven't been converted. I'm guessing when I had started to be more trusted is when CW was converted. After that I've had my voters each day.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #2295
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I highly doubt that. But good try with the scare tactics.
Not a scare tactic. A piece of 100% truth fuckface.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #2296
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I still feel like I stabbing in the dark, but I have a better feeling about hoops than I do for barkeep. Hoops, as the bodyguard, would at least give the Things a reason to not consider him as a conversion choice, unless he got tagged early, I guess. Barkeep and Jeeber (who has obviously now been cleared twice) seem like more logical choices to me.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #2297
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I still feel like I stabbing in the dark, but I have a better feeling about hoops than I do for barkeep. Hoops, as the bodyguard, would at least give the Things a reason to not consider him as a conversion choice, unless he got tagged early, I guess. Barkeep and Jeeber (who has obviously now been cleared twice) seem like more logical choices to me.
How about we stop worrying about who got converted more recently and focus on an early conversion? Like tangle.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #2298
hoopsguy
General Manager

List of people who have not been scanned yet:
2. Cronin
3. Tanglewood
4. Raiders Army
7. Swaggs
8. Path12
11. Barkeep
12. Mckerney
15. Hoopsguy
16. WVUFAN

List of people who are alive that have been scanned (day of scan listed):
1. JeeberD (6)
5. Blade6119 (7)
6. Kingfc (4)
14. Anxiety (5)
Old 05-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #2299
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How about we stop worrying about who got converted more recently and focus on an early conversion? Like tangle.
See, i think you and hoops were both converted early...thats the thing barkeep...
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #2300
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Hoops is the only player who can hurt them outside of the vote...if he is not target#1 then the things are already set in winning or way too cocky...oh ya, or he is and has been 1 of them for awhile
Demotivation