Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #2251
Mimic
High School JV

Too late.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #2252
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

It is with misgivings that I issue this order, both because of all of the violent conflict in the past between Erik and myself, and also because in this current situation I believe the power of Magneto better spent than to protect someone who is nigh invulnerable such as myself.

Nevertheless this is but a quibble, because in most other respects I have agreed wholeheartedly with the decrees of Doom, and I shall not fail to support him now.

ORDER MAGNETO TO GUARD VISION
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #2253
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Mimic -- any side bets on who gets hurt worst, the rebels or Galactus?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #2254
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
It is with misgivings that I issue this order, both because of all of the violent conflict in the past between Erik and myself, and also because in this current situation I believe the power of Magneto better spent than to protect someone who is nigh invulnerable such as myself.

Nevertheless this is but a quibble, because in most other respects I have agreed wholeheartedly with the decrees of Doom, and I shall not fail to support him now.

ORDER MAGNETO TO GUARD VISION

This would have been a lot funnier to witness, if the Vision had not had all that misgiving nonsense. Still funny, though. I'm sure the Vision will sleep well with his trusty guard by his side.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #2255
hoopsguy
General Manager

With most of the effort focused on the Mission in Egypt, a group of heroes ready themselves to assault Galactus once again. Much is made of the role that Scarlet Witch will play with her probability manipulation, which when last used coincided with a very successful Mission.

Doom transports the forces up to Galactus' base using his teleportation machine, hoping to strike from a different direction this time. The heroes emerge directly in front of Galactus and begin their assault. Henry Pym assumes his enlarged form and begins to lay into Galactus, who still dwarves him in size. Cable, Kang, Jean Grey, and Hulk approach in a second wave, but that wave never arrives. Galactus unleashes what appears to be some form of an energy net that collapses around this group, leaving Henry Pym to do battle alone!

On the ground, Scarlet Witch's features are strained, as the air around her shimmers with an unknown force. The air around her feels electric and none dare stand close. In the air, Henry Pym momentarily takes the upper-hand against Galactus, forcing him back towards his ship!

That moment is fleeting, as the Devourer of Worlds recovers and casts Pym towards the ground at frightening speed. Pym shrinks himself to a smaller form and is gently corraled by Magnto's magnetic waves.

The remaining heroes flash before you, released from their temporary prison. Scarlet Witch collapses on the ground, spent. She rises, on her own (as none moved to help her) minutes later.

Galactus ignores this scene, remaining focused on his work.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #2256
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Mimic -- any side bets on who gets hurt worst, the rebels or Galactus?

Considering I spent 15 energy, I hope the rebels.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #2257
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Hrm.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #2258
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

getting caught in that net was a nice waste of a big chunk of my energy.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #2259
HenryPym
Mascot

wow, very glad I went on the Galactus mission now. My thanks to the Scarlet Witch
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #2260
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

If SW failed, our attacks have failed and Mimic can't do his thing anymore, we're seriously hosed regarding Galactus
Old 10-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #2261
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm guessing we have several players who are new to WW (welcome BTW!) or who haven't played in a while (welcome back). This combined with the super hero logins compels me to make a few reminders:

1. Profanity is allowed/disallowed on a game by game basis. These moderators seem to haven't said otherwise so no problems there.

2. Attack the argument or idea not the person. People seem far more into role playing in this game than normal, so it doesn't seem like we've reached a point where people are upset at what is being said. But the level of personal attacks is still worrying to me. The idea of attacking the argument or actions and not the person is what allows us to run most games in a fun way. Consider this in your posts moving forward.

3. There have been several deleted posts. As I haven't been reading along with my mod account, I haven't seen where they've happened, and so I'm guessing they are just deletions of duplicate posts. If so, no problem. Otherwise posts should not be deleted or edited.

This has been a great game so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to unravel.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly Werewolf Moderator
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #2262
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Hopefully unravels isn't the key word there ;-)
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #2263
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
If SW failed, our attacks have failed and Mimic can't do his thing anymore, we're seriously hosed regarding Galactus
Or, maybe, we should find the Herald. Ya know. Just a thought.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #2264
Cable
Mascot

Heh - I thought I saw a certain real account as the last post in the thread, only to open the thread and see that they were no longer there.

I know who you are....cheater.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #2265
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Hopefully unravels isn't the key word there ;-)
Yeah that perhaps wasn't the best word choice considering the current state of things.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #2266
Mimic
High School JV

I haven't deleted any posts. That would be....rebellous.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #2267
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
3. There have been several deleted posts. As I haven't been reading along with my mod account, I haven't seen where they've happened, and so I'm guessing they are just deletions of duplicate posts. If so, no problem. Otherwise posts should not be deleted or edited.

[ooc]I thought the ability to delete a post has been taken away?[/ooc]
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #2268
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

As I am a brilliant Scientist that has mastered most technology with the exception of message board software, I can safely say that a few of the posts deleted were from my alter-ego account. I have however cleared it with our moderator each time for my inability to learn how to post correctly!
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #2269
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Only threads. Though asking that the right to delete a post be taken away for this forum is a good idea. Let me run it up the flagpole.

~BK49, YFWWM
Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #2270
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post

I'm not sure just getting rid of the Herald would defeat Galactus. I'm thinking that more than likely that person just has the win condition that Galactus eats the planet.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #2271
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I'm not sure just getting rid of the Herald would defeat Galactus. I'm thinking that more than likely that person just has the win condition that Galactus eats the planet.
I'm thinking there is something we need to do here in order to make Galactus vulnerable to our attacks up there.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #2272
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Thus you will ever play second fiddle to Victor Von Doom, Reed.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #2273
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

If I had any idea on how to do such a thing, I'd be all for it.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #2274
Colossus
n00b

Quote:

*OOC please stop causing problems*
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2275
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Heh - I thought I saw a certain real account as the last post in the thread, only to open the thread and see that they were no longer there.

I know who you are....cheater.

I ask that a player tells me if they post under their regular FOFC name. Upon doing that, if they copy/paste the content into a new post with their "in-game" name I'm fine with the delete. But the moderators should definitely be informed if/when this happens.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2276
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
If I had any idea on how to do such a thing, I'd be all for it.
Yeah I have no clue either. I'm just trying to spitball here.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2277
Aardwolf
n00b

It seems a couple of my assumptions have not been correct.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #2278
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Indeed, Galactus seems to be growing impervious to our attacks. The device Doom is working on should stop that, but finding the Herald would not hurt either as he may be lending material aid to Galactus somehow.

It is also possible that apart from Pym the others did not expend enough energy to have an effect on Galactus (though Kang claims it is not so in his case). Or simply that we require larger numbers.

I had hoped to push Galactus back today, for my device will not be ready for operation yet. I can only hope that a convincing show of force in our attacks today will give him pause.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #2279
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I'm thinking there is something we need to do here in order to make Galactus vulnerable to our attacks up there.

Now that's a good thought.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #2280
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
No shit the rebels didn't know who he was, how would they? and by the very SAME token, how could *I* have known he wasn't a rebel either? I had no foreknowledge that skrulls were even IN the game. So How does this negate the fact that I 'felt" someting was amiss with Mr. Storm? Oh thats right, it doesn;t, you simply can't maintain a timeline in your haste to persecute.

Not knowing that he was in fact a skrull sort of eliminates any premeditation on my part don't you think? I was assuming Torch was a rebel, nothing more. Again, a baseless point on your part. You're not paying attention to the flow of events.

And yet again you fal back on the "you lied to us" No shit. If you had actually read my posts you would see that I expended points on the mission as well as in my attack. Now I don;t know how many points you had to start, but my pool was rather limited. And just to reiterate my response to your claims that I was not vulnerable:

I had already gone on a mission so i could not use my defensive powers, I expended points on both the mission and the attack on Storm, so I had only a point left to work with. SO yes, I was worried about retaliation from the forces I BELIEVED at the time I was striking against.

Try thinking in the terms of how things actually happened instead of making it up as you go, then perhaps it might sink into that magnetic field you call a brain.

I've had enough of your ridiculous time wasting, we have a mission to fulfill.

*sigh*
I agree that this discourse has descended into the realms of the farce.

Let us examine the alleged timeline from your perspective.
1) You assign X energy to the failed mission.
2) You determine that something about Young Storm's inane banter rings false, and determine to attack him.
3) You choose to allocate 3 EP to hit him, thus leaving yourself, by your own admission, vulnerable to attack by forces unknown because you would have only 1 EP left. You make this decision, to leave yourself so dangerously vulnerable that you would have to lie several times over the next couple of days, based simply on something that you "felt."

I 'feel' that you continue to lie. And not very well.

You "felt" something amiss with the Torch. What, praytell? What did Storm say that made you feel so sure he was bad that you would leave yourself vulnerable and in a position where you would have to lie repeatedly?
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #2281
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mission participants: GhostRider, Colossus, Quicksilver, SilverSurfer, Aardwolf, Mimic, EmmaFrost

Results: failed to destroy statue, casualties sustained
Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #2282
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Mission participants: GhostRider, Colossus, Quicksilver, SilverSurfer, Aardwolf, Mimic, EmmaFrost

Results: failed to destroy statue, casualties sustained

Before we jump to conclusions, can several of you on the mission give your input on your view of how the mission went down? I ask for several different points of view please.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #2283
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
It seems a couple of my assumptions have not been correct.

I'm sure you are the only one surprised by this.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #2284
JeanGrey
Mascot

Well this has been a poor day for the forces of good. I'm a little upset with seeing the Egyptian mission fail.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #2285
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom's wrath knows no bounds! Traitors and loyal subjects both will suffer for this failure. Doom is surrounded by fools, fools!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #2286
Quicksilver
n00b

Emma Frost is dead.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #2287
Quicksilver
n00b

Mimic performed well. We lost. I got the impression there wasn't enough people, but that we all spent a good bit of energy.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #2288
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah I want to know how all that firepower including 15 from Mimic could even possibly fail.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #2289
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
*sigh*
I agree that this discourse has descended into the realms of the farce.

Let us examine the alleged timeline from your perspective.
1) You assign X energy to the failed mission.
2) You determine that something about Young Storm's inane banter rings false, and determine to attack him.
3) You choose to allocate 3 EP to hit him, thus leaving yourself, by your own admission, vulnerable to attack by forces unknown because you would have only 1 EP left. You make this decision, to leave yourself so dangerously vulnerable that you would have to lie several times over the next couple of days, based simply on something that you "felt."

I 'feel' that you continue to lie. And not very well.

You "felt" something amiss with the Torch. What, praytell? What did Storm say that made you feel so sure he was bad that you would leave yourself vulnerable and in a position where you would have to lie repeatedly?

Enough magneto, I have stated my reasonings and laid my actions plainly before everyone here, you it would seem and perhaps aardwolf, are the only ones showing this much interest. I recommend you find a better target, your accusation is flimsier than you say my reasons are.

I already said it was a feeling, an instinct, there never was any 'thing' specificly. If you can't accept that, go suck a black hole. I have nothing further to say to you. you waste our time and energy with your petty badgering.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #2290
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Here's my take: Mimic was kind of the man, although early on Surfer and Aardvark apparently worked well together. I did not get a mention, which I assume is due to the fact that I could only contribute three points but given my multiplier, that should be 9 of damage. I was the weak link apparently. From what I picked up, we did not see Emma die but she was surrounded by bats and when they left, there she was. I didn't see any evidence of sabotage or even of anybody "mailing it in."
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #2291
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Understand, it gives me no pleasure to call out one of my own kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
go suck a black hole.

Your suggestion for my new power is duly noted.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #2292
Aardwolf
n00b

Ghost Rider was not even mentioned in teh battle. Collossus cleared a path to the room the statue was in but did nothing from that point. QuickSilver temporarily heightened my senses and followed Collossus to the room. Mimic seemed to perform well. When the dust cleared Emma lay dead.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #2293
JeanGrey
Mascot

I hardly think we can be surprised at this result. The briefing made clear that we needed overwhelming force. Decisions were made to split our forces equally between the two missions. Understandable, but still what resulted in this.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #2294
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Here's my take: Mimic was kind of the man, although early on Surfer and Aardvark apparently worked well together. I did not get a mention, which I assume is due to the fact that I could only contribute three points but given my multiplier, that should be 9 of damage. I was the weak link apparently. From what I picked up, we did not see Emma die but she was surrounded by bats and when they left, there she was. I didn't see any evidence of sabotage or even of anybody "mailing it in."

What mention was there of my son, Quicksilver?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #2295
JeanGrey
Mascot

Oh BTW, never commented on it but I'm opposed to a weekend mission.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #2296
IronFist
n00b

JOIN EGYPT MISSION

Reading
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #2297
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
What mention was there of my son, Quicksilver?

Quiksilver was the first one into the throne room, but that's it. I believe aardvark is mistaken and it was SilverSurfer that heightened him but he might know better than me.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #2298
IronFist
n00b

Reading up, not sure I can catch up before 5:30pm

JOIN EGYPT MISSION

I can change if needed.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #2299
Mimic
High School JV

Ugh. My multi-quote got lost on the internet. That sucks.

Anyhow, the Surfer increased Aardwolf's powers so we could find the right place, which I guess is good that he came along. We met the eyeless humanoids again and Colossus helped fight through them. Quicksilver ran ahead but I'm not sure what he did exactly.

At that point, I grew to immense height and showed Colossus what a real man's package looks like and fought the statue (grew claws and something else I can't remember). I suppose I would've beaten a mortal, but not a god....which come on, if I can take on Galactus (boosted of course) I can't beat this guy? He squeezed me, I broke into a bunch of little Mimics and then bats and Emma's dead.

I'm not sure what Emma did on the mish.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #2300
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
JOIN EGYPT MISSION

Reading

ROFL. Thanks, bud....