Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2251
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There is a bevy of activity in the infirmary. First bulletsponge calls in PackersFanatic to help treat that festering wound. As this goes on, path calls in hoopsguy. Some of the crew holds their breath waiting to find out who, if either, will emerge from that examination. And in the end both do.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2252
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I assume we are still going to want to take that final mission tomorrow though...especially since we have to fix the engines first anyway. And 4 extra isn't much.

Still sweet though!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2253
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lynch Marc Vaughn

more to come...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2254
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Right. Since you and PackerFanatic were exhausted Night 1, you guys are probably not the spawn that doesn't get exhausted. That leaves claphamsa, The Jackal, LoneStarGirl, and Chubby.

Check that -- I don't see in the rules anywhere about a spawn that never gets exhausted -- it's just that a spawn has a low chance of getting exhausted. So we're back to the six.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2255
Tyrith
College Starter

Render, it's because of the stupid no lynch thing. I think no lynch yesterday, and especially today, is completely and totally wrong. Not doing anything when it comes to the ship, but when it comes to the funda mental game of Werewolf underneath.

People not doing anything suspicious is a large part of the game -- that's what I'm afraid of, have ALWAYS been afraid of in WW, is that people that talk = people that get lynched. Kill the UTRs, that's my motto.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #2256
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My gut feeling is that he was going to go after Render and then had to change directions when Schmidty cleared Render.... as Schmidty threw him a curve ball.. but that was my gut feeling that I was trying to not say in thread <.<

Mine too Alan, actually. I just stopped short of saying he actually typed it all up with RendeR in there, realized his mistake and called the audible, forgetting to re-enter the info with Telle.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2257
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Let me just say, I feel bad for the people that can't be online and checking this almost all the time during the day. I went to lunch for an hour and had two pages to read, I can't imagine having to read 6,7,8 at a time, all the time.

And also, for the record, this game is pretty sweet

stop sucking up to the gm nerd
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2258
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Here's my breakdown of hoops vs Telle

Known Spawn odds

Telle - 25% as of when hoops tailed here (staring 15% + 10% from first mission). 35% of Spawn at the moment, 45% of Spawnling+ at the moment

Hoops - 15% starting odds, 25% at Spawnling+

Expeditions

Telle - 2 successful explorations. 16 Crys in today's mission, with the less trusted scientist (figuring Packer is less trusted than LSG, though close if any difference)

Hoops - 1 sub-par mission of 9 Crys

Really, the Expedition weight for me isn't heavy. Worth noting.

Now, for me, this whole thing boils down to gains. I bring it back to how would hoops act in each case, Survivor vs Spawn.

In the case of Survivor, I don't see hoops who we generally all believe is a great villager to come after me (a vital role at the moment it happened) with little more than a gut feeling, come after Render (who happens to be the person above him on the food chain), come after Danny (also an Engineer) and now Telle (an officer). I don't see him making 4 pretty big flails when, if he's a Survivor, hoops knows that he just has to wait patiently for an eventual path scan to clear him. I don't think he plays it that agressively.

Now, in the case of hoops as Spawn. I think he absolutely plays it agressively. I think he knows he's going to get scanned, and I think if he dies via the scan, that's ok to him since it at the moment while we can get a new doctor, we can't verify the cleanliness of them. I think hoops came AWFUL close to getting lynched yesterday. I think he takes his shot here with Telle, trumps up a story in a manner that no matter her response he can make it appear as though she's lying. He gets himself into a 1-on-1 situation knowing there are 3 outcomes

A) He gets scanned, which he's probably ok with (better than lynched)
B) He wins the 1-on-1, takes out an officer before he goes
C) He gets lynched, which was a plausible possibility going into today anyhow.

You have my approach backwards. I'm much more aggressive as a villager than a wolf. Everything else you say afterwards is based on a faulty starting assumption, to the point that I'm not even bothering to read it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2259
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Why not Schmidty and KWhit? And I can only put 4 in the brig.

Gah, only putting 4 in the brig sucks bigtime, its makes clearing further people pretty useless doesn't it?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2260
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Lynch Marc Vaughn

more to come...

thats good enough for me

Vote Lynch Marc Vaughn
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2261
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
It wasn't the crux of my argument, but I believe I saw multiple people say they would base their vote on it.

The fact that LSG was on Hoops' mission also plays into the result though.

What does that mean? It was my first mission to go on
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2262
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Thanks bullet for the heal.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2263
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
This is sort of my thinking too. The other scenario is that they're both Spawn and Hoops knows that they are both likely lost causes. Hoops because of yesterday and because he is always a likely early scan candidate. Telle because she's gone out on the most away missions and has the biggest chance of being a convert.

So maybe Hoops figures he can become trusted by "outing" a spawn today and cruising into a CoT.

This is fairly far-fetched, I suppose, but not out of the realm of posssibility.

Yesterday I was saving "fellow spawn" PackerFanatic. Now I'm doing it with Telle?

In a word, no.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2264
Tyrith
College Starter

Okay, I really wish path was here to further clarify if anything happened there.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #2265
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
stop sucking up to the gm nerd

Haha, yeah yeah :-P
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2266
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I think brig = Path, kwhit, Alan and Marc Vaughn (if he is scanned by path)

I concur with this completely! We need the Doc's kept clean and safe.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2267
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Awesome, I am useful!

Seriously, kill the depressing Eeyore routine.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2268
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I want to hear from path. Good to see both are alive. Surprised, but good.

I'd also love to know what all this MV voting is about.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2269
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Gah, only putting 4 in the brig sucks bigtime, its makes clearing further people pretty useless doesn't it?

Not once in space. Once in space no more spawnlings can be planted and clearing people = clearing people. But some people *cough* don't seem to get how important that is
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #2270
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Why the sudden votes for MV?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #2271
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Not once in space. Once in space no more spawnlings can be planted and clearing people = clearing people. But some people *cough* don't seem to get how important that is

And some people don't realize that this game may not be puppy dogs and rainbows and a nice, simple four day spawn hunt once we're in space, with nothing going wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #2272
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Hoops will be scanned. If he is good, the brig should hold me, Alan, KWhit and hoops. If he's bad I'd suggest just KWhit and Alan, since we have no read on whether or not Schmidty is good or bad -- that whole thing could be a ploy.

I don't think it is optima putting me in the brig, if/when cleared. I'm armed and can defend and spy. I'm fine with continued suspicions about being converted as the cost of not being in the brig, but I think it wastes my role.

I'm pretty sure I've caught us one spawn while spying last night and I want opportunities to continue looking for spawn.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #2273
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And some people don't realize that this game may not be puppy dogs and rainbows and a nice, simple four day spawn hunt once we're in space, with nothing going wrong.

Hey I've played this game before so I am pretty well familiar to why people would want to delay the ship leaving
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #2274
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, and I have to say this in order to stop myself from getting angry, the smiley face there comes off as mocking and not diffusing.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #2275
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You have my approach backwards. I'm much more aggressive as a villager than a wolf. Everything else you say afterwards is based on a faulty starting assumption, to the point that I'm not even bothering to read it.

That's not my experience. I think your tact as aggressive wolf is what got you lynched in the Chess game. Similar to what clued me in in the LolCat game.

But hey, looks like I was wrong here if what I'm inferring is correct.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #2276
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
For what it is worth, I was "lurking around various parts of the ship through-out the night." while following another player.

I don't know of any reason that person should have been in a position to be moving about various parts of the ship, but I'll start looking at private roles to see if something matches up with it.

Hoops, I know you just met with Path and all, but why did you use white text in this post? I only first saw it when Heinz quoted it.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #2277
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Seriously, kill the depressing Eeyore routine.

Seriously, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. I will play the way i want to play, if you have a problem with it, drop out of the game. You wont be missed.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #2278
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still catching up but a recap so far...

There was a reason nobody else was in any danger on the mission I went on. I got attacked by a spawn but found out I'm incorruptible.

Somethings struck me as odd about Marc Vaughn since the start. He's been super quiet and was begging to be scanned or empathed. Now he comes out as the empath?

Nice try Marc but you spawn must be hurting if you are fake revealing this early. I suspect MV is the unaware spawn but I am 100% certain that he is not the empath. Therefore he gets my vote and should get everyone else's vote.

I have no heat on me, I have zero reason to start shit unless I was 100% sure which I am.

Bring on the spawn counterattack.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #2279
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
There is a bevy of activity in the infirmary. First bulletsponge calls in PackersFanatic to help treat that festering wound. As this goes on, path calls in hoopsguy. Some of the crew holds their breath waiting to find out who, if either, will emerge from that examination. And in the end both do.

Thank you. You will not regret it.

Once results come in, will people please join me in asking for a better answer from Telle?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #2280
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Good call... well that is a nice break.. we still have to have the engines fixed though.

I don't know that 4 crys is enough of a buffer either.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #2281
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Lynch Marc Vaughn

more to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
thats good enough for me

Vote Lynch Marc Vaughn

THAT'S good enough for you???

Not me. I need a little more than "more to come" to convince me.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #2282
Tyrith
College Starter

Sigh, Chubby, that just seems really weak. Seems like you're 100 percent sure about a hunch, and Marc has never struck me as particularly loud. Afraid I can't follow you today.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #2283
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW, and I have to say this in order to stop myself from getting angry, the smiley face there comes off as mocking and not diffusing.

Then I'll stop using smiling faces when saying how wrong I believe you to be. I don't intend to mock (not sure how the last statement was mocking at all).. I just think everyone is being so rash to try to get a pulse on who the spawn are when that can change very fast while on the planet in the first place.

1) Traditional voting records mean NOTHING here since the high rate of conversions wreck them.
2) We still have the traditional low probability of hitting a spawn with a vote unless really lucky so most likely would kill off villagers that we need to perform functions..

Once we get into space, this becomes a much more traditional type of WW game including the need for lynches and voting records. Tyrith, I'm trying to not be mean or insulting or anything with this post as I respect people can have a different viewpoint.. but I feel our #1 priority right now is to get off of this planet in tact.

Bottom line is this:

If Hoops was a spawn or if Telle was a spawn, they still helped us get the crystals we needed today... They still were used to help us come closer to our goal.. We need ALL of the people we have to get off this planet.. Once off of the planet, string em up, burn em at the stake.. I don't care
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2284
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

A solid group of four ain't too bad, especially if we can get off the planet tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2285
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm still catching up but a recap so far...

There was a reason nobody else was in any danger on the mission I went on. I got attacked by a spawn but found out I'm incorruptible.

Somethings struck me as odd about Marc Vaughn since the start. He's been super quiet and was begging to be scanned or empathed. Now he comes out as the empath?

Nice try Marc but you spawn must be hurting if you are fake revealing this early. I suspect MV is the unaware spawn but I am 100% certain that he is not the empath. Therefore he gets my vote and should get everyone else's vote.

I have no heat on me, I have zero reason to start shit unless I was 100% sure which I am.

Bring on the spawn counterattack.

What does any of this have to do with Marc?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2286
path12
Coordinator

And hoops is human.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2287
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, I know you just met with Path and all, but why did you use white text in this post? I only first saw it when Heinz quoted it.

Weird, I cut/paste stuff out of the rules thread but don't think I did anything else differently.

So, I guess inadvertant?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #2288
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

LSG and MCCOLLINS sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #2289
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sigh, Chubby, that just seems really weak. Seems like you're 100 percent sure about a hunch, and Marc has never struck me as particularly loud. Afraid I can't follow you today.

Do I need to spell it out for you?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #2290
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What does any of this have to do with Marc?

It is impossible for MV to be the empath.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #2291
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do I need to spell it out for you?

you do for me

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #2292
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Chubby, empath something. Ideally path's post about hoops being human (since if MV is spawn we have no way to verify our doc, or a delayed way)
Old 07-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #2293
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think it is optima putting me in the brig, if/when cleared. I'm armed and can defend and spy. I'm fine with continued suspicions about being converted as the cost of not being in the brig, but I think it wastes my role..

I wish you would have said that before I scanned you. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2294
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Seriously, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. I will play the way i want to play, if you have a problem with it, drop out of the game. You wont be missed.

I've been nice and encouraging that you're important all day. If you're just trying to play it in character or something then say so.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2295
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Got it. I actually suspected him earlier because he said he could use his empath power once per day, but that's not true, it's 2x per game.

I'll go along.

Vote Marc Vaughn
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2296
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok here is the deal.....

I really would like to use Hoops tommorrow to interrogate people if we can get off of this planet.. so please don't vote for him..

I really would like to use Telle to do one more crystal run first thing in the morning so don't vote for her...

I really would like to have Marc scanned/and have marc scan path as the new doctor so please don't vote for him...

I'm going to piss people off further, but as long as our security guards make absolutely sure to guard : Cargo Hold, Engines and Security HQ I don't see any reason we can't lift off tommorrow...

So I'm just asking for one more day of no lynch to get off this planet.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2297
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Unvote hoopsguy
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2298
hoopsguy
General Manager

For any of the other people who have not had beds, was there anything that suggested they were out an about between rooms?

I don't think there is another spying PM to compare to - if I had to guess, based on the morning PM Olie didn't get an order in as I didn't see her listed. But she or Mrs Schmidty could potentially have PMs that mirror what I saw from Telle.

I'm not going to try too hard to give the benefit of the doubt here. The math is pretty compelling that in a group of five players you have at least one being bad (80%). We've cleared four of the officers, assuming Schmidty did so with KWhit. That leaves Telle, who was up last night, is exhausted today, and doesn't appear to be leveling with us about her actions.

The defense rests.

Heinz, I'll accept your apology whenever you are prepared to give it.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2299
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I want a consensus on what I should empath since, surprise, I'm the empath. Thus as soon as I saw MV claim empath I knew he was full of shit. Seeing as I can't be turned I would like some protection tonight however.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2300
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Chubby, empath something. Ideally path's post about hoops being human (since if MV is spawn we have no way to verify our doc, or a delayed way)

Whoah, hold on a sec. Let's give this some thought first (and make sure we empath the best possible statement if that's what we're gonna do).