Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #2251
Tyrith
College Starter

Lathum's reveal just doesn't seem to reconile with the rules of the game...hoops was pretty clear that there weren't going to be hidden roles in this game.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #2252
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Lathum's reveal just doesn't seem to reconile with the rules of the game...hoops was pretty clear that there weren't going to be hidden roles in this game.

Its risk vs reward. If we find them lying, then you get multiple bad guys. If they are telling the truth, then we have a new advantage.

The worst that happens if Fouts is the mummy and they lied, he gets to pull off a night kill (which they havent managed to do yet so far).
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #2253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm just trying to save fouts. I risked my life to summon him and he can help us. Dubb asked for a reveal so I am giving it to him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #2254
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Lathum knows I'm good, because Lathum summoned me.

If that is true someone fucked with my scan like I was talking about yesterday. Barkeep, did you use that scarab? Path?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #2255
Tyrith
College Starter

I am way confused right now, I might have missed something in there about a rules change about roles or something, but....

Lathum's reveal doesn't make any sense in the context of the rules as they were laid out in the beginning. If fouts is the mummy (true in a lot of scenarios) and we kill him we take away a sure kill tonight and we condemn lathum and dubb and roll up a lot of bad guys. If he's clear we clear lathum and dubb for sure and we turn to Alan as number one suspect tomorrow. Please, someone clear up my head a little though...

VOTE FOUTS
Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #2256
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the rules
95%+ of the rules are listed below. The remaining 5% will be realized over the course of the game, depending on actions and surviving roles. If I do make additions to the rules over the remainder of the week, I'll make special note of these for the sake of clarity

doesnt really go well with this statement
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #2257
path12
Coordinator

Crap. For now:

Unvote Fouts

I'll hold off on the revote. I don't see the logic in the jump to Dubb, frankly. Could be me.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #2258
Tyrith
College Starter

Someone just clarify for me how on earth lathum's role fits within the rules? I obviously missed something in here.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #2259
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops specifically states in the rules that the prophecy is the ONLY hidden role in the game. I don't see him as the type to deliberately lie to us like that. This smells really, really bad to me right now.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 PM   #2260
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
If that is true someone fucked with my scan like I was talking about yesterday. Barkeep, did you use that scarab? Path?

As I said before, the scarab I had at the start of the game I used on night 2 (I believe) after receiving the helmet and learning I couldn't keep more than one item at a time. I used the scarab, a green light washed over me to no apparent effect. That's all I've got about mine.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 PM   #2261
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Who used an item last night?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 PM   #2262
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am way confused right now, I might have missed something in there about a rules change about roles or something, but....

Lathum's reveal doesn't make any sense in the context of the rules as they were laid out in the beginning. If fouts is the mummy (true in a lot of scenarios) and we kill him we take away a sure kill tonight and we condemn lathum and dubb and roll up a lot of bad guys. If he's clear we clear lathum and dubb for sure and we turn to Alan as number one suspect tomorrow. Please, someone clear up my head a little though...

VOTE FOUTS

If Im your number one suspect after Fouts, then just vote for me today. I think its worth letting it play out and roll everyone up together. You can either for good clear alot of people or condemn alot of people by allowing this one gambit go through.

Im willing to die in order to possibly get 3 bad guys with one day. I personally would rather look in other directions today, but I have no clue who. All I am saying is that I think its worth letting things play out and see how it ends up.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #2263
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Its risk vs reward. If we find them lying, then you get multiple bad guys. If they are telling the truth, then we have a new advantage.

The worst that happens if Fouts is the mummy and they lied, he gets to pull off a night kill (which they havent managed to do yet so far).

Problem is, they left themselves no options. We are voting for fouts no matter what. Oh wait, he's good? Hell, now what?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #2264
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
As I said before, the scarab I had at the start of the game I used on night 2 (I believe) after receiving the helmet and learning I couldn't keep more than one item at a time. I used the scarab, a green light washed over me to no apparent effect. That's all I've got about mine.

Didn't you say you passed an item earlier in the game? Who did you pass it to?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2265
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think he said he used it, not passed it. He still has the helmet from what I know
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2266
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I just don't see how even if Blade did die, his power that goes with his role would be left as an item. Plus, if he scanned Bullet he had no intent on raising the avatar. I think my scan was messed with today.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2267
saldana
Pro Starter

i just thought of something

there is a much better plan for tonight if people are willing to switch their votes around

unvote fouts
vote Lathum

lets assume for a minute that lathum is telling the truth...we lynch him, he turns up as a villager, but we get 3 nights worth of protection from the avatar.

if he turns up necro, that means he was the head necro and raised his mummy, which will mean one of us dies overnight, we lynch fouts tomorrow, and we have gotten rid of the head necro, plus we have dubb for the next day since he just cleared lathum.

who is with me
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2268
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

No, not earlier in the game because I didn't know anyone. Last night I passed the helmet in case I got whacked. Do you really want to know who I passed that to?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #2269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

guys, I had access to blades notes, I claimed I was good, dubb checked me out, fouts claims avatar, fouts says I summoned him, i vote for alanT, I come out and say I had access to blades notes.

DO THE MATH

I am basicly condeming myself to be a night kill, but since I am a plain villegar the one for one kill helps us.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #2270
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think he said he used it, not passed it. He still has the helmet from what I know

I thought he said he used one and passed one earlier. I'll go digging.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #2271
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, not earlier in the game because I didn't know anyone. Last night I passed the helmet in case I got whacked. Do you really want to know who I passed that to?

hold up, let me check something real quick.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #2272
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

path, what night did you fend off the attack 2 or 3?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #2273
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought he said he used one and passed one earlier. I'll go digging.

You don't need to dig -- I'm right here. For about four minutes.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #2274
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

No, invoke takes place b/f pass thus he couldn't have used it last night if you passed it.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #2275
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana

there is a much better plan for tonight if people are willing to switch their votes around

unvote fouts
vote Lathum

lets assume for a minute that lathum is telling the truth...we lynch him, he turns up as a villager, but we get 3 nights worth of protection from the avatar.

if he turns up necro, that means he was the head necro and raised his mummy, which will mean one of us dies overnight, we lynch fouts tomorrow, and we have gotten rid of the head necro, plus we have dubb for the next day since he just cleared lathum.

who is with me

Lol. This makes no sense. You don't kill the summoner and let the summoned kill. You kill the summoned first.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #2276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

unvote fouts
vote Lathum

who is with me
that would be a big mistake
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #2277
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path, what night did you fend off the attack 2 or 3?

Night 3.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #2278
Tyrith
College Starter

Okay, I must be horribly confused, someone correct my world view.

Dubb says lathum is a vanilla. Lathum says he has some made-up role that allowed him to summon Fouts. Theoretically, they are all on our side.

There are two ways we might could ever go with this-- kill dubb or kill fouts. Dubb could still be a bad guy even if lathum isn't, so if we kill him we're targeting the biggest suspect. Also, his role is used up anyway. However, if we kill fouts we're doing us the best good tonight and if he's a mummy we get both lathum and dubb FOR SURE, and all we lose is a guy we only have for two more days and two nights of bodyguard -- a loss, but not a great one for the gain. If I screwed up somewhere someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me now.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #2279
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

chaos! Cats and Dogs living together! oh my!
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #2280
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm heading home for the day..I'm leaving my vote on fouts...with zero night kills they'll get at most 2 tonight w/ disease and 2 necros teaming up. if we let fouts go and he's the mummy they'll get 3 and it'll be a game again for the necros.

I urge you to keep on fouts. even if it's wrong we save a life tonight.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #2281
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Someone invoked an item last night and I think Lathum knows it. That is why he waited to reveal AFTER I did my scan.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #2282
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
guys, I had access to blades notes, I claimed I was good, dubb checked me out, fouts claims avatar, fouts says I summoned him, i vote for alanT, I come out and say I had access to blades notes.

DO THE MATH

I am basicly condeming myself to be a night kill, but since I am a plain villegar the one for one kill helps us.

But HOW did you access blade's notes when the role wasn't in the game and hoops explicity said this was gonna be a roles revealed game!? This is the part about this that I don't understand people aren't raising hell about.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #2283
path12
Coordinator

Out for a few hours. Back before lynch and will vote then.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #2284
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Okay, I must be horribly confused, someone correct my world view.

Dubb says lathum is a vanilla. Lathum says he has some made-up role that allowed him to summon Fouts. Theoretically, they are all on our side.

There are two ways we might could ever go with this-- kill dubb or kill fouts. Dubb could still be a bad guy even if lathum isn't, so if we kill him we're targeting the biggest suspect. Also, his role is used up anyway. However, if we kill fouts we're doing us the best good tonight and if he's a mummy we get both lathum and dubb FOR SURE, and all we lose is a guy we only have for two more days and two nights of bodyguard -- a loss, but not a great one for the gain. If I screwed up somewhere someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me now.

How about we kill Alan T and get a necro?? Lathum says he had access to blade's notes.... follow the beeping arrow ---->>>>>> Alan T
Old 06-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #2285
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am going out for a few beers soon so here is my theory. Alan has been after me all day and I am pretty sure he is a necro, lynch alant, once he comes up necro we have confirmed me, dubb and fouts. AlanT comes up clean then you can lump us all together.

I'm that sure.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #2286
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Night 3.

ok, people have been on about the scarab thing for a couple days now and i continue to forget to comment on it....

if path invoked his scarab on night 2, my reading of the rules is that it only protects him for 1 night, not perpetually through the rest of the game, which is why he was attacked on night 3, and in my opinion clears him completely.

also, if the pharaoh started the game with a scarab, then we could reason that so did the head necro....if lathum invoked his cursed scarab that would explain the fact that dubb's soothsayer scan came back the way it did (reversed)
Old 06-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #2287
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Stay on Fouts!!
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #2288
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
if he's a mummy we get both lathum and dubb FOR SURE, and all we lose is a guy we only have for two more days and two nights of bodyguard -- a loss, but not a great one for the gain. If I screwed up somewhere someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me now.

Don't link me in with this crap. Someone messed with my scan b/c either way what Lathum is saying I WILL NOT VOUCH FOR. As far as I know HE HAS NO ROLE. Everything from then on is a lie.

Someone messed with my scan, or Lathum is concocting a lie, that I'm not going along with. After all, everyone in this game knew I was scanning today, it wouldn't have been too hard to invoke something that would throw me off.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #2289
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But HOW did you access blade's notes when the role wasn't in the game and hoops explicity said this was gonna be a roles revealed game!? This is the part about this that I don't understand people aren't raising hell about.
role reveal upon death which I have a feeling you will see tomorrow morning for me.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #2290
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
OK, I am going out for a few beers soon so here is my theory. Alan has been after me all day and I am pretty sure he is a necro, lynch alant, once he comes up necro we have confirmed me, dubb and fouts. AlanT comes up clean then you can lump us all together.

I'm that sure.

Without going back to read all their posts, I'm starting to suspect saldana and tyrith. Any reason I shouldn't?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #2291
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
How about we kill Alan T and get a necro?? Lathum says he had access to blade's notes.... follow the beeping arrow ---->>>>>> Alan T

I don't trust lathum at all until someone explains how his role makes sense. I've made about six posts about this now.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #2292
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I agree with AnalT

Unvote Fouts

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #2293
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm that sure.

Bullshit. You have no role as far as I'm concerned which means someone envoked something. Most likely you, that means you=nec.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #2294
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Without going back to read all their posts, I'm starting to suspect saldana and tyrith. Any reason I shouldn't?
no, no reason but I think my efforts may be wasted.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #2295
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hahah Barkeep said this would be a boring day, and this might be the best day yet.... I think I am so unsure of what to do here.

Ok lets say for a second that Lathum did mess with Dubb's scan.. and is the head necro and did summon the mummy..

Which would be more dangerous to leave alive for the night? The mummy or the head necro?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #2296
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Bullshit. You have no role as far as I'm concerned which means someone envoked something. Most likely you, that means you=nec.
again, if I did why would I come out and put my neck on the line like this. I want to keep fouts alive, that is all.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #2297
Tyrith
College Starter

Until someone explains why his role isn't listed in the game anywhere.

UNVOTE FOUTS
VOTE LATHUM
Old 06-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #2298
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just reread my post. Sorry about the typo AlanT, that was rather... unfortunate.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #2299
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Hahah Barkeep said this would be a boring day, and this might be the best day yet.... I think I am so unsure of what to do here.

Ok lets say for a second that Lathum did mess with Dubb's scan.. and is the head necro and did summon the mummy..

Which would be more dangerous to leave alive for the night? The mummy or the head necro?

Another connection between Alan T and saldana. Are you guys talking to each other?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #2300
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

the mummy would be, as he has 100% night kill, but the reason i suggested killing lathum instead would be that if he is on the level we have 2 bodyguards for the next three nights....bigger upside? i'm not sure.