Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #2251
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Anyone have experience in taking over a club in a country that you have on just normal detail? I started out at Everton and had England on Full detail, then I have countries like Spain, Italy and Germany on normal. I keep getting offered the Barcelona job and kinda want to take over the reigns and was wondering what differences there will be in managing in a country that's just on normal detail if any.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 06-21-2006 at 08:02 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #2252
Celeval
Pro Starter

I think it'll move to full detail as soon as you take the job.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #2253
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

what Celeval said.

FM
Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #2254
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Thanks guys. I'm managing England right now and of course after one year of just managing them, I'm getting a little antsy to get back to the club level. I'm still waiting to hear back from Barca right now...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #2255
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

After taking over Spain in the runup to the 2020 European Championship, I felt confident that we would be contending for something I have never won. We played great in game 1 beating highly touted France 3-0. We then struggled to beat Russia 2-1 and then got throttled by Turkey 4-1. But we were still top of the group. Unfortunately for us, England managed to beat out Italy in their group so we got the Italians in the quarterfinals. Italy had been the 3-1 favorite to win the tournament so I figured it would be a tough game. After 18 minutes, we were dominating and jumped out to a 3-0 lead. I thought we could ease back on the tackling and take it easy the rest of the way. In retrospect, I think that turned out to be a fatal mistake. By the time the 87th minute rolled around, the Azzuri had pulled off an incredible comeback to take a 4-3 lead. They held on for the win.

Suffice to say, I got sacked even though I met the pre tournament expectations of the Spanish FA and the Spanish supporters. I had hoped to take them to the next World Cup because they had some good young players, but unfortunately, 45 minutes of bad football put my head on the chopping block.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:41 AM   #2256
SunDevil
College Prospect

I can not get FMM 2.0 Beta to work with Worldwide Soccer Manager 2006.
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...8232057402/p/1

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpscastle:
kloxx
you can use fmm to edit worldwide soccer manager.
First,rename the wsm.exe file to fm.exe.Then go into the game and change the language to english(uk). That should fix it for you.
WWSM and football manager are the same game,the editor just gets confused that its named differently.

Here is my post on the SI forums.

That does not work. In WSM you can't change the language in game to English (UK). There is only one option, its English, that is it. Second I tried changing the WSM.exe to FM.exe and the editor does not still recognize it and nothing is loaded. Third in another thread it said to change the WSM.exe to FM.exe and then install the FM 6.0.3 patch. That does not work either because it asks for a CD-ROM not being in the drive. Which is kind of a problem if you purchased the game through a digital download. So does anyone have a revised way to get this editor to work? Thanks

Also wanted to add that I can install the FM 6.0.3 patch over the changed FM.exe just fine. Its when I start my game that the message about the missing CD-Rom shows up.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 AM   #2257
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Ah yes.. the delete and re-post bump. Good work.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 AM   #2258
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Suffice to say, I got sacked even though I met the pre tournament expectations of the Spanish FA and the Spanish supporters. I had hoped to take them to the next World Cup because they had some good young players, but unfortunately, 45 minutes of bad football put my head on the chopping block.
This sort of thing is incredibly common in International Football I'm afraid - for instance before this World Cup started nearly all England fans (me included) would have taken 7 points and group qualifacation as winners as a great achievement ...

However in the tournament Englands fans and the media have continually slated the team, not because of the results (which have been good) but because of our style of play and some of the team and squad selection ...

(although in Svein's case he doesn't have to worry about sackings as he's leaving already )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:24 AM   #2259
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Also wanted to add that I can install the FM 6.0.3 patch over the changed FM.exe just fine. Its when I start my game that the message about the missing CD-Rom shows up.
This will always happen I'm afraid as it'll look for the FM rather than WSM disk if you patch with the European patch.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #2260
Johnny93g
College Starter

Bought the game 3 weeks ago(even though it took me an hour to figure out how to download it) I have been having a blast, its definatly immersive.

Now i have a question. I have become the coach of Canada's national soccer team. I took over early in 2008, and we have had a run of good results. Sense i have taken over, our world ranking has risen from 114, to 72. Canada has a 14-3-3 record with me at the helm, including the greatest win in Canadian soccer history. In the Semi finals of the 2009 Gold Cup, we managed to beat Brazil 4-2. We eventually lost in the finals to the USA 2-1. We then won our first game of 3rd phase qualifying for the 2010 world cup.

My question is can i expect anything from these positive results. If i keep winning with Canada, making world cup's, going far in the gold cup, will the game produce better players for me to pick to the squad? I have 1 world class player right now, and id love to get him some help!!!!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM   #2261
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
If i keep winning with Canada, making world cup's, going far in the gold cup, will the game produce better players for me to pick to the squad? I have 1 world class player right now, and id love to get him some help!!!!
Doubt it. FM's deep...but I'm not sure if it's that deep.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #2262
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

FM uses regenerated players so as to keep the current balance in tact. The US has the same problem in the game. You won't become too good without editing the database.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #2263
Johnny93g
College Starter

thanks guys, i was hoping winning with the national team meant something, like your players will improve, but i guess not. After i get Canada into the world cup, it will be time to move to england to try and win a world cup!!!!
TML
Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #2264
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

The quality of regens in a country can change over time (so you might find one year you've 3 world class players available, but in 5 years time have none) - however this is largely a random thing and not biased by the countries results in tournaments (although its something to consider - especially for 'soccer lite' countries where such a thing makes a huge difference to the amount of people taking an interest in the sport ... hmmm .... I'll get back to you on that ).

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 06-22-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #2265
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
The quality of regens in a country can change over time (so you might find one year you've 3 world class players available, but in 5 years time have none) - however this is largely a random thing and not biased by the countries results in tournaments (although its something to consider - especially for 'soccer lite' countries where such a thing makes a huge difference to the amount of people taking an interest in the sport ... hmmm .... I'll get back to you on that ).

Thanks Marc, im trying to plan out my future. If Canada can get better, i want to stay with them, if not, 1 cup run is enough, and ill try for the England job. I figure in terms of realism, beating Brazil and qualifying for the world cup might get more people to play soccer in Canada and we could start to produce more talent. Maybe its something to include in the next version. This game could be even greater if more emphasis is put into the national teams.
TML
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #2266
Flasch186
Coordinator

when strategizing, and I look at the other Coaches trends, IE. Cautious, Closing Down, Mixed, Stand-offish, etc. What are the best techniques to counter or exploit this knowledge. I dont know what those mean so your assistance is appreciated.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #2267
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

This goes out to those with experience with La Liga...

I finally broke away from my EPL comfort zone and took a job over in Spain, but just wanted to clarify some of the squad rules that seem to be in place over there.

1) The league makes you register your 1st team players (up to 25) before the season starts, and then your 2nd teamers and so forth. Even though I registered 25 players, I proceeded to pick up two more transfers and was able to register those players into my first team. Then the two players that were replaced, I just dropped them to my b-squad. And then it seemed like that was a legal move.

So my question is, if you have to "register" your players on each team before the season starts, why does it allow you to shuffle players between the 2nd team and 1st team like you can in the EPL?

I mean I like the flexibility cause I like keeping all my back-ups match fit by playing them in the reserve games, but having to register them up front seems like it would prevent this from happening.

2) I'm just guessing on the shuffling part actually, but I do know that I was able to bring in players after registration and play them on the first team. So I guess I'm asking if I can shuffle them back and forth throughout the season.

OK I'm done.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2268
Router Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
This goes out to those with experience with La Liga...

I finally broke away from my EPL comfort zone and took a job over in Spain, but just wanted to clarify some of the squad rules that seem to be in place over there.

1) The league makes you register your 1st team players (up to 25) before the season starts, and then your 2nd teamers and so forth. Even though I registered 25 players, I proceeded to pick up two more transfers and was able to register those players into my first team. Then the two players that were replaced, I just dropped them to my b-squad. And then it seemed like that was a legal move.

So my question is, if you have to "register" your players on each team before the season starts, why does it allow you to shuffle players between the 2nd team and 1st team like you can in the EPL?

I mean I like the flexibility cause I like keeping all my back-ups match fit by playing them in the reserve games, but having to register them up front seems like it would prevent this from happening.

2) I'm just guessing on the shuffling part actually, but I do know that I was able to bring in players after registration and play them on the first team. So I guess I'm asking if I can shuffle them back and forth throughout the season.

OK I'm done.

You get 50 jersey numbers between the 1st and 2nd team. If you sign more players after all 50 jerseys are taken, then additional players will have to sit out until the next registration period.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

When did you register the new players? Maybe it was before the registration window closed?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #2270
Router Help

Marc, I've run into a small bug that may or may not have been reported.

I am Real Madrid and I just signed Landon Donovan from MLS. Landon had already been on my squad for about a week when he played in the MLS all star game where he picked up an injury.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #2271
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
When did you register the new players? Maybe it was before the registration window closed?
I wish the game had kept the email. I know that it asked me to register the players before 8/10, and then I signed new players on 8/18 & 8/19.

When looking at the league rules, now that I'm home, it states that you can register 25 players up until 8/31. So you must be able to shuffle the lineups as long as the transfer window is open.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #2272
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router Help

I am Real Madrid and I just signed Landon Donovan from MLS. Landon had already been on my squad for about a week when he played in the MLS all star game where he picked up an injury.

He was homesick
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #2273
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router Help

The real bug is that you're Real Madrid and you signed Donovan. Seriosuly, though, that sucks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #2274
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe a stupid question, but here goes: Can someone who is playing the download WWSM 06 version play MP against someone who is playing FM 06?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #2275
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Maybe a stupid question, but here goes: Can someone who is playing the download WWSM 06 version play MP against someone who is playing FM 06?

My hunch is yes, but I really have no idea.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:17 AM   #2276
Galaril
Pro Starter

I have finally , figured out how to add the custom schedules. But how do you assign players to them. Also, is there a way to get assist manager to set training for players.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #2277
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My Cheltenham Town squad is finally up to the Championship, and we're struggling. We were picked to battle against relegation, so I'm not very surprised. Still, it's hard to watch my high-scoring team from League One become a doormat in the Championship. I think we're getting better, though, and I expect us to avoid the relegation zone at season's end.

The media keep naming me as a favorite to take second division jobs in Brazil, and I have to keep telling them to shove it. I have no plans to leave Cheltenham Town. This should have been evident at the beginning of the season when Birmingham offered me the opportunity to take over their team and lead them back up to the Premiership. I shot them down, and that should show my loyalty to Cheltenham, but you know how the media can be. They keep linking me to these Brazilian sides, and I'm not going.

Right now, I'm terribly nervous because we have a 4th round League Cup match against Arsenal coming up in two weeks. We just completed a stadium expansion (10447 seats, baby!), and I expect nearly every single seat to be taken for the game against the Gunners. I know we're not going to win, but I hope that we put on a good showing to give us and our fans some confidence as we head into December. I am sooooo nervous, though.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:52 PM   #2278
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think I'm destined to never make it out of League One. My team always underperforms just enough to miss the playoffs.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #2279
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
I think I'm destined to never make it out of League One. My team always underperforms just enough to miss the playoffs.
I may have posted about this one a while back, but when my team earned promotion to the Championship, we had to win on the last day of the season and get some help in order to avoid playoffs. I am 90% sure that if I hadn't gotten one of the automatic promotion spots, my team would've tanked in the playoffs, and we'd have to spend another year in League One.

So far, I'm not seeing too much benefit to being in the Championship, but I've only been here for 18 games to this point. Yes, we got a stadium expansion, and yes, we get a few matches on TV, but I'm not seeing a huge difference in our finances yet. I do have to admit, though, that we actually got a friendly match televised. That was pretty cool. It was against Liverpool.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #2280
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

Me too.

In the French National Division, over the course of 4 seasons, I've finished 8th, 6th, 4th, 5th (increasing my points total each year). The Top 3 get promoted. I simply can't put together a strong finish, or avoid the midseason swoon to get promoted.

And in France it's difficult because the 2nd Div teams falling down usually are very rich and bounce right back up.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #2281
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i need to load my game back up and go shopping during the offseason as my team is a little thin on depth, but i can't bring myself to do it because I miss my 25 y/o Brazillian DM who just left me to go sign with Milan too much
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #2282
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I may have posted about this one a while back, but when my team earned promotion to the Championship, we had to win on the last day of the season and get some help in order to avoid playoffs. I am 90% sure that if I hadn't gotten one of the automatic promotion spots, my team would've tanked in the playoffs, and we'd have to spend another year in League One.

So far, I'm not seeing too much benefit to being in the Championship, but I've only been here for 18 games to this point. Yes, we got a stadium expansion, and yes, we get a few matches on TV, but I'm not seeing a huge difference in our finances yet. I do have to admit, though, that we actually got a friendly match televised. That was pretty cool. It was against Liverpool.

I think the Championship is a big deal only because it's one step away from the Prem. The jump from the Champ to the Prem might be bigger than any other league in the world.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #2283
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

What a heartbreaker. What a damned heartbreaker. We score first against Arsenal in the 24th minute, but by the 40th minute, the Gunners are up 3-1. I figure that my team has put forth a valiant effort, but we're going to get blown out. Boy, was I wrong. A 74th minute goal gives us hope, and then my top striker scores in stoppage time when I go with a 3-6-2 desperation formation to tie the score. I jumped up and down and ran around the room when we scored the stoppage time goal as my wife laughed hysterically.

Being the League Cup, we go to extra time. I don't want to go to penalties against Arsenal, so I keep the pressure going. Sadly, Arsenal score in the 98th minute. I have to go back to desperation mode. An Arsenal player gets his second booking in the 117th minute, so they have to finish the match with only 10 men. We get a couple of counter attacks going late, but we can't penetrate into the area. The Gunners waste the final 90 seconds of the match by buying throw-ins off my players. We can't get another chance, and we fall 4-3 in front of 10351 fans.

I am so proud of my team for fighting back against one of the best teams in the world. My two central defenders are absolute rocks. They held their own against Arsenal as the only two defenders for several minutes in the second half. One of these defenders used to have serious problems with discipline. I fined him one time, and he's been a model defender ever since. I feel comfortable leaving my defense in the hands of these two guys if I ever need desperation offense at the end of a match.

Even in a loss, I am so, so proud of my team. This is absolutely amazing.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #2284
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I saved my match against Arsenal. Is it possible to transfer these .pkm files that get saved to other people so they can watch?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #2285
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I saved my match against Arsenal. Is it possible to transfer these .pkm files that get saved to other people so they can watch?

Yep in FM's opening screen (Load Game, Load Last game, etc.), "Watch Match" is an option, and there you just browse to the appropriate .pkm file.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #2286
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Yep in FM's opening screen (Load Game, Load Last game, etc.), "Watch Match" is an option, and there you just browse to the appropriate .pkm file.
Neato.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #2287
MJ4H
Coordinator

oh that would be cool. i want
Old 06-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #2288
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

If anyone's interested: http://www.twyst.org/~pumpy/Cheltenham_vs_Arsenal.pkm I dunno how well this works, but feel free to look if you're interested.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #2289
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
As RPI said, the big deal is that you're knocking on the door step of the premiership. The money bump you get if you manage to get even one season's worth of promotion is huge. Also, you have the ability to attract better players on transfers and loans.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #2290
MJ4H
Coordinator

About to try it now.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #2291
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
As RPI said, the big deal is that you're knocking on the door step of the premiership. The money bump you get if you manage to get even one season's worth of promotion is huge. Also, you have the ability to attract better players on transfers and loans.

I disagree!

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 06-25-2006 at 04:57 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #2292
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Well, hot bloody shit. I figure that since we're out of the League Cup, at least we can get a win or two in the FA Cup to help keep the money coming in. Our first match (third round) is at home... vs. Leeds. Shoot me.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #2293
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

What formation do you guys use?

I finally have my midfield where I want it with a 4-2-2-2 box midfield. All my players pretty much play exactly how I want them to.

I think the fact that my team is so deep and I am 2+ deep at every single position (i.e. I could play 11 guys one day and another 11 the next with little dropoff) allows me to be successful because every position save central defenders run a LOT in my system.

I especially like that I added depth (in quantity, not quality) with my strikers. I can, to a much greater extent, play the "forme du jour" up top and keep fresh legs up there.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #2294
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
What formation do you guys use?

I finally have my midfield where I want it with a 4-2-2-2 box midfield. All my players pretty much play exactly how I want them to.

I think the fact that my team is so deep and I am 2+ deep at every single position (i.e. I could play 11 guys one day and another 11 the next with little dropoff) allows me to be successful because every position save central defenders run a LOT in my system.

I especially like that I added depth (in quantity, not quality) with my strikers. I can, to a much greater extent, play the "forme du jour" up top and keep fresh legs up there.

It also causes a situation where I have all of my players except for central defense dribbling at defenders with the ball. It just puts a lot of pressure on the other team.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #2295
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

rofl, i'm still playin fm2005, but i have this keeper from cameroon.

under major concerns it's listed as:
Has personal problems. Dislikes you.

Never had a player come out and say he disliked me before.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #2296
mooreadamc
Mascot

Wanted to post this as this is the craziest game i've played in FM2006. I am managing Newcastle and doing quite well (2nd in Premiership). So along comes the manager of Sunderland and starts telling me that he thinks they can beat us. I think no way so I tell him that right back. Well 16th minute they score and my team looks horrible. Scott Parker (my amazing defensive midfielder) then gets sent off for a red and Sunderland proceeds to score two more goals. I believe the game is over being down to 10 men and down 3-0 on the scoresheet.

Anyways take a look at the image to see what happens next

http://i5.tinypic.com/15ojzp2.jpg
mooreadamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #2297
Anthony
Banned

sorry if this is a silly question but where can i download the game to buy it? and i assume it's the most up to date version too, right?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #2298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
sorry if this is a silly question but where can i download the game to buy it? and i assume it's the most up to date version too, right?

oy...the sega website has the store where you can get the DL version, not the SI website. i assume using your googling skills you can find it. if not, the link is probably somewhere within the last couple pages of this thread
Old 06-26-2006, 12:42 AM   #2299
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

fellow FM-players, help me pick:

Italy, Holland, or England? Each FA has offered me their national team
Old 06-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #2300
MrBug708
Head Coach

England!