Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2022, 01:09 AM   #22901
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I have a new laptop and have had it for almost 2 months. The hardware is awesome but I'm still fiddling with getting it set up, haven't put my data on it, and am still using my old laptop.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-05-2022 at 01:10 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:57 AM   #22902
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I have a new laptop and have had it for almost 2 months. The hardware is awesome but I'm still fiddling with getting it set up, haven't put my data on it, and am still using my old laptop.

SI

My wife was like that with her new laptop. I think she still used her old laptop for like a month after.

OTOH, when I got my new laptop, I almost immediately shifted. Then only turned on the old one to transfer stuff (and even then just moved all the files to Microsoft One Drive).
Old 04-05-2022, 06:17 PM   #22903
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Getting a new work laptop is a mixture of excitement and dread. I love the prospect of a faster, more powerful device but I hate the drudge of fixing all of my preferred settings.
I specifically got a touchscreen laptop that usually comes with a stylus. When I ordered it, the website specs didn't mention a stylus so I asked around at work and was able to source an old Surface Pro stylus that worked on my device - otherwise I was going to order one separately.

I was tidying up the boxes that it came in and happened to find an internal box that rattled. It turns out that it did come with a stylus - that I nearly threw out.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:14 PM   #22904
sabotai
General Manager

It's done...it's over....it took 2 full weeks but I'm finally 100% out of my friend's house and moved into my new condo. For the first time since college (and really, ever) I live alone and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I finally accomplished one of my life's goals, as weird as that may sound.

It's so quiet here. It's awesome.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:37 PM   #22905
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nice. Congrats.

Sometime I miss living alone instead of with a wife, 2 kids, 2 cats, and a dog.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #22906
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
It's done...it's over....it took 2 full weeks but I'm finally 100% out of my friend's house and moved into my new condo. For the first time since college (and really, ever) I live alone and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I finally accomplished one of my life's goals, as weird as that may sound.

It's so quiet here. It's awesome.

So party at your place this weekend?
Old 04-05-2022, 10:27 PM   #22907
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Nice. Congrats.

Ditto. But that's what 11:30pm is for, i guess.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:53 AM   #22908
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Nice. Congrats.

Same. Often, after they go to bed, I won't even turn on any shows to watch. I'll just sit and enjoy the quiet and play a relaxing game or read something online.

Last edited by rjolley : 04-06-2022 at 12:54 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:13 AM   #22909
Austin90
n00b

This is by far the best subforum I've ever stumbled upon.
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:41 AM   #22910
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Ditto. But that's what 11:30pm is for, i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Same. Often, after they go to bed, I won't even turn on any shows to watch. I'll just sit and enjoy the quiet and play a relaxing game or read something online.

Me too. Before I know it I have drank 6 more beers and it's 1:30...
Old 04-06-2022, 07:31 AM   #22911
BYU 14
Coordinator

I am down to a wife and two Dogs and still feel that way sometimes LOL
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:40 PM   #22912
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Fox News Everyone!

Fox that attacked congressman and others near Capitol had rabies, officials say
Old 04-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #22913
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rope laces are garbage and don't stay tied.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #22914
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola-
I'm pretty sure they use the same size laces for size 10 shoes as they do for size 13 yet it results in the laces being too short for a bigger sized shoe.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:23 AM   #22915
Ksyrup

I'm on my phone so I'm not advanced enough to be able to link to it, but I just watched a 30 second clip of a prospective juror in the Parkland HS shooting trial who straight-up tells the judge she's unavailable because she has a sugar daddy she has to see every day. Apparently she's married too, but just comes right out with it as if she's telling the judge she has an elderly parent she cares for or something like that.

The look on the judges face is about to become a meme/gif.

Florida!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-07-2022 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:35 AM   #22916
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Can't serve on a jury because I have to see my sugar daddy every day.

Old 04-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #22917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That judge is insanely hot.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:40 AM   #22918
Ksyrup

That was my other takeaway, lol. She's about to become famous for a number of reasons.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:06 PM   #22919
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Didn't the Parkland shooting happen a relatively long time ago. Why is it just going to trial now?
Old 04-07-2022, 12:23 PM   #22920
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Didn't the Parkland shooting happen a relatively long time ago. Why is it just going to trial now?

from AP
Quote:
Death penalty trials in Florida and much of the country often take two years to start because of their complexity, but Cruz’s was further delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic and extensive legal wrangling.

Even "normal" cases far below the severity of this one have been approaching two years to get to trial (in Florida) as recently as last summer.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #22921
molson
General Manager

He's already pled guilty, this is just the penalty phase. There's a lot of evaluations, reports, interviews, etc., that go into that. And if the defense wants more time, you give it to them, because this is going to be litigated for a least a decade or two afterwards if the jury decides death, so no need to create some appellate issue about rushing anyone to build a defense. (Though it looks like this was set for sentencing 6 months after he pleaded guilty, which isn't too bad. There were delays obviously before that based on COVID and the defendant having to switch counsel, who then needed more time).

Last edited by molson : 04-07-2022 at 12:33 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:54 PM   #22922
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Hey, random automated voice, I am under 60 years old. I KNOW that you have a website. Don't you think I tried to go there first? Do you really think I felt like talking to a customer service rep today? It is because your website could not help me that I am on the phone right now. It is just insulting for your hold music to keep stopping so you can point out that you have a website.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:01 PM   #22923
Kodos
Resident Alien

They just want you to know that they are techno-savvy.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #22924
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Even "normal" cases far below the severity of this one have been approaching two years to get to trial (in Florida) as recently as last summer.

The guy that murdered one of my clients in Florida back in 2018 had the charges bumped up to capital. The feds ended up taking over the case last fall and he pled guilty to the federal charges.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:15 PM   #22925
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
That judge is insanely hot.
When is she getting her own show? I would definitely watch.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:19 PM   #22926
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder what the juror with the alleged sugar daddy looks like.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:58 AM   #22927
21C
College Prospect

I've been making my own home brew beer for the last year or two. It is definitely working out for me but I get about one bottle per batch that just fountains/foams on me and I lose almost the entire bottle.

I use 1.25 liter (40 oz) soda bottles and I get the equivalent of 48 375mL (12 oz) bottles for about AU$10 (or US$7.50).

I now have to open my bottles near the kitchen sink to avoid the possible fountain effect. I successfully avoided losing a whole bottle the other day by releasing the bottle top a little bit at a time until I could safely open the bottle without losing the lot.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:07 AM   #22928
21C
College Prospect

BTW currently drinking my home brew on the last day of my school (teaching) term with two weeks of school vacation ahead of me.

Where is the "Drunk Guy" thread again?
Old 04-08-2022, 07:23 AM   #22929
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

We used to make mead years ago (pre-kids) and we did a batch of blueberry mead that was terrific but also had a tendency to fountain when you opened it. After a couple of bottles we would just open the bottle over the sink and fountain/let it pour into a bigger container, then let the sediment settle and pour it into a carafe to hold until poured into individual glasses.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #22930
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I've been making my own home brew beer for the last year or two. It is definitely working out for me but I get about one bottle per batch that just fountains/foams on me and I lose almost the entire bottle.

I use 1.25 liter (40 oz) soda bottles and I get the equivalent of 48 375mL (12 oz) bottles for about AU$10 (or US$7.50).

I now have to open my bottles near the kitchen sink to avoid the possible fountain effect. I successfully avoided losing a whole bottle the other day by releasing the bottle top a little bit at a time until I could safely open the bottle without losing the lot.

I had a bottle of homebrew that sat in the back of the fridge for a long time. I brought it out to drink and set it on the counter by the sink. I got distracted and started doing something else and forgot about it . Later I heard what sounded like a gunshot. The bottle had exploded. I found the cap 20 feet away, and there were glass shards 40 feet away. A couple of years later and I still find tiny shards. So glad I wasn't in the kitchen when it went off.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #22931
Austin90
n00b

Hey everyone, this is unrelated to the current topic but I thought I'd try my luck here since it IS for the stuff that you don't want to make a whole other thread about. I was looking to go for repairs after my car was completely totaled from my son taking it out for a joyride, specifically, I need the windshield replaced since it's all cracked, now I've never really been a car guy and don't really know about this stuff but is it better to go for aftermarket repairs or should I head myself to the original manufacturer for the replacement? here's what I read up but I'd still like a second opinion from someone who maybe has experience?
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:41 AM   #22932
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I've replaced several windshields, all aftermarket, no issues.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:00 AM   #22933
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin90 View Post
Hey everyone, this is unrelated to the current topic but I thought I'd try my luck here since it IS for the stuff that you don't want to make a whole other thread about. I was looking to go for repairs after my car was completely totaled from my son taking it out for a joyride, specifically, I need the windshield replaced since it's all cracked, now I've never really been a car guy and don't really know about this stuff but is it better to go for aftermarket repairs or should I head myself to the original manufacturer for the replacement? here's what I read up but I'd still like a second opinion from someone who maybe has experience?

I suspect this is a bot...

Totaled car but worried about the windshield. I think not...
Old 04-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #22934
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I've replaced several windshields, all aftermarket, no issues.

These days you do need to be somewhat careful with AM windshields. So many cars have certain technology embedded into the windshield it is easy to get the wrong one put it.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #22935
Ksyrup

Quote:
I suspect this is a bot...

Totaled car but worried about the windshield. I think not...

He quoted a post of mine in the music thread with a favorable comment, so it must be a bot.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #22936
Poli
FOFC Survivor

lol
Old 04-08-2022, 02:59 PM   #22937
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Will Smith banned from Oscars for 10 years! Hooray!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:58 PM   #22938
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

PDF of study from NC State computer science department

Based on my gmail spam folder, it appears that Republicans have locked up the Nigerian Royalty vote.

Last edited by Solecismic : 04-08-2022 at 11:00 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:50 AM   #22939
miami_fan
Coordinator

When did we decide that we needed to take all dogs for walks? I remember as a kid, we had certain yards in the neighborhood where the dogs ran free and no one would go near those yards because the dogs would attack if you set a toe in the yard. The owners would never take them for a walk because they knew they could not control the dog even with a leash. Now I am seeing dogs walking their owners all around the neighborhood and it is obvious that when the dogs decide they are no longer interested carrying on with the charade, they will leave the owner behind.

Unsurprisingly, a jogger was attacked by a dog in our subdivision after the owner lost control of the dog.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #22940
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
When did we decide that we needed to take all dogs for walks? I remember as a kid, we had certain yards in the neighborhood where the dogs ran free and no one would go near those yards because the dogs would attack if you set a toe in the yard. The owners would never take them for a walk because they knew they could not control the dog even with a leash. Now I am seeing dogs walking their owners all around the neighborhood and it is obvious that when the dogs decide they are no longer interested carrying on with the charade, they will leave the owner behind.

Unsurprisingly, a jogger was attacked by a dog in our subdivision after the owner lost control of the dog.

I would imagine when homeowners insurance policies started having to shell out millions for dog attacks. You can't even get insurance if you own certain breeds these days.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 AM   #22941
Ksyrup

Here's an article describing a Coke Byte tasting. The article is fun. It sounds like tasting Coke Byte is less so. The reviewer's wife said it made hwr mouth go numb and they both thought it tasted nothing like Coke but more like cough syrup.

I tried the pixel-flavored Coke, and it Bytes - The Verge

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-09-2022 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:52 PM   #22942
Edward64
Head Coach

Putting something out on eBay. Used the default of 7 days.

Wish I had said 4-5 days. I find myself watching the # watchers (12) and # bids (2). I figure I'll get more bids day of.

Not really complaining. eBay is a great business model for used stuff.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:56 PM   #22943
Edward64
Head Coach

We made the Ted Lasso biscuit per below recipe.

Access to this page has been denied.

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as it was portrayed in the series. But honestly, it wasn't that great.
Old 04-10-2022, 02:28 PM   #22944
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I saw a trending Twitter hashtag about #RestoreTheSnyderverse

I had to investigate to discover that it was NOT trolling Dan Snyder
Old 04-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #22945
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Do we have a Darwin Award thread?

A Florida Teen Was Killed As He And Another Teen Took Turns Shooting Each Other While Wearing Body Armor, Police Said
Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 PM   #22946
cuervo72
Head Coach

Golf is kind of a ridiculous sport if you think about it. There's no functional utility at all in trying to get a little ball into a hole in the ground.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:26 PM   #22947
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Golf is kind of a ridiculous sport if you think about it. There's no functional utility at all in trying to get a little ball into a hole in the ground.

Wastes a bunch of land and water.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:40 PM   #22948
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

As an agnostic am I still allowed to enjoy the movie "The 10 Commandments"?

And can I still imagine that William Shatner would've made a great Moses?
Old 04-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #22949
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They are opening a new harbor freight right by my house. This is going to be a problem. It also has the worst parking lot I’ve ever seen. It used to be a furniture store that nobody went to, but volume will surely cause mayhem pulling in and out. Especially given how large a pickup truck is nowadays.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:58 PM   #22950
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
As an agnostic am I still allowed to enjoy the movie "The 10 Commandments"?

Yes

Quote:
And can I still imagine that William Shatner would've made a great Moses?

Kirk was awful in anything that isn't Star Trek. And arguably not that great in the ST movies.