Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #2201
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
or jagrbombs or red bull and vodka...

i agree 100%

Exactly!

I don't understand the knee jerk reaction by 'authorities' regarding these drinks. I haven't seen one instance or study of anything worse happening with these drinks than with any other alcoholic drink.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #2202
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm thinking that the Big Beer is behind all this...
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:58 AM   #2203
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't get the fascination with Kenny Mayne. I don't think I've ever laughed at anything he's ever done for ESPN.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #2204
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Mrs. stevew---"hey, where's Greensburg, PA at?"

*gulp*
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #2205
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I mean, it's fine that the dude is getting married, but, seriously, I see no need for it to be front and center on just about every news site that I visit. I guess, I just don't understand the fascination with it. Some rich kid is getting married, big woop.

I have so many thoughts on this subject that it's probably best I don't type any of them.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #2206
Poli
FOFC Survivor

May 7th is the date. Church picked out (my old church). Reception location picked out. Dress has been chosen.

I have about 160 days to goof off now.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #2207
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I saw there was a group on Facebook for gay rights called "Girls who like boys who like boys". I think a much different crowd would join a group called "Boys who like girls who like girls".
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #2208
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
May 7th is the date. Church picked out (my old church). Reception location picked out. Dress has been chosen.

I have about 160 days to goof off now.

You are 95% done my friend. Just show up, don't be late and you're golden.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #2209
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have so many thoughts on this subject that it's probably best I don't type any of them.

Sore subject?

Old 11-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #2210
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Mrs. stevew---"hey, where's Greensburg, PA at?"

*gulp*

Correct answer "Too far away...plus I hear the bowling alleys there are bad news"
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2211
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
You are 95% done my friend. Just show up, don't be late and you're golden.
Eh, forgot that the Best Man, groomsman (just one), and the flower girl have all been picked as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #2212
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Eh, forgot that the Best Man, groomsman (just one), and the flower girl have all been picked as well.

Now you're up to 97%. It's all down hill until the big day.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #2213
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, I admit that I am deathly afraid of going to the dentist. Yes, it is a completely irrational fear, but, one that I can not seem to get over. My justification? It seems like every time I've gone to the dentist, something wrong has happened. Had my wisdom teeth pulled out and the dentist had sliced the corner of my mouth open. Stuff like that. Because of incidents like that, I have not been to the dentist since 1995.

I figured, I'm just going to keep on brushing and flossing and unless it's an emergency, I'm not going back. Plus, I'm a complete pussy when it comes to any kind of pain near/in my mouth or eyes. Well, I've had a tooth way in the back that has been hurting for a long time now and short of using an ice skate to knock the tooth out, I've finally submitted to a dentist visit two Mondays from now.

Yes, I'm nervous.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #2214
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I have an unnatural hatred of the words - delish, yummy and scrumptious. When I hear people say one of those words, I just want to knock whatever they are eating out of their hands.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 11-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #2215
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I admit that I am deathly afraid of going to the dentist. Yes, it is a completely irrational fear, but, one that I can not seem to get over.

Me too. In a big way.

On another note, I posted "#13 is scheduled " on FB this morning and somebody "liked" it. Now, granted, this is a guy who I went to high school and isn't exactly...well, smart. But seriously, who "likes" something like that when there's a frowny face in the update? Granted, it should have been obvious what I was talking about, given that my previous update had been that I was seeing my back surgeon...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #2216
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Me too. In a big way.

On another note, I posted "#13 is scheduled " on FB this morning and somebody "liked" it. Now, granted, this is a guy who I went to high school and isn't exactly...well, smart. But seriously, who "likes" something like that when there's a frowny face in the update? Granted, it should have been obvious what I was talking about, given that my previous update had been that I was seeing my back surgeon...

/tk

I think mine started from the first dentist visit I had when I was a kid. My mom told me it was a check up. I walked out of there missing (they were there when I got there) my two lower front teeth. WTF kind of check up is that???

Maybe he thought it was the new 'Dislike' button? But yes, #13 is nothing to like for sure and I know I would be bummed if I had to go back again. I'm sure you're not too excited about having to go either. I hope everything is cool though with your back or at least nothing too serious.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #2217
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I knocked my two front teeth out when I was 11, by crashing on my bike, and using my teeth as a braking mechanism against the concrete. My dentist at the time was a 50-year old lady with MS, double crutches and everything...a choice I think my single mom made based on some sort of empowerment/women's lib motivation...which is cool if we're talking about cleaning your teeth, or drilling an occasional filling, but having the old lady with impaired muscle skills rebuild your grill on short notice had predictable results.

When I was 13, I pulled one of said fake teeth off with a Sugar Daddy, the finest in 25 cent bulk caramel on a popsicle stick. I was already horrified of the dentist by now, thanks to my earlier accident, so in my infinite wisdom I decided to stick the tooth back in, with a piece of sugar daddy as the cement. This worked for about two years (no shit), until during a cleaning, the tooth was pulled off with the ol' tartar pick, which then scraped against the raw nerve of my exposed tooth (good times). The tech remarked that the adhesive must've broken, which was unusual, did I know anything about that? No, I had no idea what would've caused that.

For the next twenty years I lived in pretty much abject fear of the dentist, but my front teeth were getting increasingly wonky as I grew older, and they migrated in different directions from their already improper installation. Then roughly about a year ago, motivated by an issue that was unrelated to my fronties, I decided to just finally get it all taken care of. I somehow ended up going to 8 appointments with 4 different people, for only 3 teeth, and it cost thousands of dollars and plenty of pain and stress to get it all taken care of, but I must say it was certainly worth it.

If you've got dental phobia, and have been carrying around lingering problems, you might not even realize the toll that seemingly minor annoyance has on your daily well being. To not have to worry about eating certain things, or fear the dentist at all, or have 'tooth dreams', or any of that crap, is quite a relief.

Also, get the nitrous.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #2218
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Round 2 of the Georgie HSFB playoffs tonight, Athens Academy is at home against #3 ranked Wesleyan. Lend a little support to not only the players but the hard-working webcast crew tonight by watching the student-produced webcast of the game at Spartans Webcast
Pre-game starts at 715p, live pbp at 730p.

To get you in the mood, here's the game preview story from the local paper

Also a nice article on the strong group of assistant coaches for AA

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-19-2010 at 07:06 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #2219
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I knocked my two front teeth out when I was 11, by crashing on my bike, and using my teeth as a braking mechanism against the concrete. My dentist at the time was a 50-year old lady with MS, double crutches and everything...a choice I think my single mom made based on some sort of empowerment/women's lib motivation...which is cool if we're talking about cleaning your teeth, or drilling an occasional filling, but having the old lady with impaired muscle skills rebuild your grill on short notice had predictable results.

When I was 13, I pulled one of said fake teeth off with a Sugar Daddy, the finest in 25 cent bulk caramel on a popsicle stick. I was already horrified of the dentist by now, thanks to my earlier accident, so in my infinite wisdom I decided to stick the tooth back in, with a piece of sugar daddy as the cement. This worked for about two years (no shit), until during a cleaning, the tooth was pulled off with the ol' tartar pick, which then scraped against the raw nerve of my exposed tooth (good times). The tech remarked that the adhesive must've broken, which was unusual, did I know anything about that? No, I had no idea what would've caused that.

For the next twenty years I lived in pretty much abject fear of the dentist, but my front teeth were getting increasingly wonky as I grew older, and they migrated in different directions from their already improper installation. Then roughly about a year ago, motivated by an issue that was unrelated to my fronties, I decided to just finally get it all taken care of. I somehow ended up going to 8 appointments with 4 different people, for only 3 teeth, and it cost thousands of dollars and plenty of pain and stress to get it all taken care of, but I must say it was certainly worth it.

If you've got dental phobia, and have been carrying around lingering problems, you might not even realize the toll that seemingly minor annoyance has on your daily well being. To not have to worry about eating certain things, or fear the dentist at all, or have 'tooth dreams', or any of that crap, is quite a relief.

Also, get the nitrous.

Damn. The 8 appointments and thousands of dollars also adds to the phobia of mine for sure.

Trust me, I am going to have a brief, but, to the point conversation with the dentist two Mondays from now: 1. Don't go poking and prodding, that's what x-rays are for, 2. If I hear the word 'root' coupled with 'canal', I better be hearing the phrase, 'we will put you to sleep', soon after. I don't get any cooperation from the dentist after that conversation, I'm walking.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #2220
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Damn. The 8 appointments and thousands of dollars also adds to the phobia of mine for sure.

Trust me, I am going to have a brief, but, to the point conversation with the dentist two Mondays from now: 1. Don't go poking and prodding, that's what x-rays are for, 2. If I hear the word 'root' coupled with 'canal', I better be hearing the phrase, 'we will put you to sleep', soon after. I don't get any cooperation from the dentist after that conversation, I'm walking.

If you don't mind driving to Fremont, I can give you the contact info for the dentist I used when I was out there. He did an awesome job on my root canal.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #2221
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm not real big into college football, but I may have to watch this one just for the novelty...

For Northwestern Wildcats-Illinois Illini game at Wrigley, offense will use one end zone - ESPN Chicago
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #2222
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, if you have a long play and cross the 50, do you do a U-turn while running and head back??
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #2223
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
If you don't mind driving to Fremont, I can give you the contact info for the dentist I used when I was out there. He did an awesome job on my root canal.

Thanks Cartman. I may just hit you up for it in about a couple of weeks. I want to see how this dentist is first.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #2224
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
So, if you have a long play and cross the 50, do you do a U-turn while running and head back??

Unless I misunderstood it, you will always be facing the correct way when on offense. It would take a defensive score to get into the opposite end zone.

Last edited by MJ4H : 11-19-2010 at 11:53 AM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #2225
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Unless I misunderstood it, you will always be facing the correct way when on offense. It would take a defensive score to get into the opposite end zone.

This is correct. Both offenses will be going in the same direction. So if you intercept a pass and return it to your "own" 35-yard line, they will flip the field and your offense will take over at the opposite 35, going in the same direction. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll watch, just to see how weird it really is.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #2226
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I feel like the number of shady dentists I've been to and heard about have been too high.

People on talk radio in Chicago are pretty pissed about the Illinois-Northwestern game, mostly those with seats near the end zone that's not going to be used. I thought about going to the game, but the price was a little high (couldn't find a ticket immediately under $100, so I stopped looking).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #2227
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Every possession change is like a quarter change?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #2228
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
This is correct. Both offenses will be going in the same direction.

Marty Morningweg is going to win the opening coin toss and and choose to defend.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #2229
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Every possession change is like a quarter change?

Exactly. Saying "only one end zone will be used" is sloppy writing, IMO.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #2230
JediKooter
Coordinator

I really hate websites that 'trap' you. I call them trap sites. For example: You click on a link and then when you want to leave, you click on the back button, but, it just keeps sending you back to the site you are trying to leave. The Los Angeles Times is one site that I can think of off the top of my head that does this. FIX YOUR DAMN CODE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #2231
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I really hate websites that 'trap' you. I call them trap sites. For example: You click on a link and then when you want to leave, you click on the back button, but, it just keeps sending you back to the site you are trying to leave. The Los Angeles Times is one site that I can think of off the top of my head that does this. FIX YOUR DAMN CODE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

I've had this happen on MSNBC and Washington Post, too. I don't think it's so much that they're trying to trap you but that there are other pseudo-pages, like all the FB interaction that load too. I just use the arrow within the history to go to the right version. But yeah it drives me a bit bonkers.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #2232
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I've had this happen on MSNBC and Washington Post, too. I don't think it's so much that they're trying to trap you but that there are other pseudo-pages, like all the FB interaction that load too. I just use the arrow within the history to go to the right version. But yeah it drives me a bit bonkers.

/tk

I've also noticed it on some gaming sites where they have a ton of flash stuff embedded and each time a new flash ad or clip loads, the browser considers it a new page and adds it to the history. So, even though, visually, you are on the same page, the browser is thinking it's a new page and clicking the back button does no good and then you have to do what you said, go through the history to get out of there. Seems like that would be an easy fix.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #2233
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

730 kickoff turned out to be a 10:12pm kickoff, as a light bank malfunctioned. Originally planned to go with the Wrigley Field "offense goes one way" deal, officials changed their minds & refused to start the game without repairs to the lights.

Just got home (from less than 10 minutes from my house) a few minutes ago after a season ending 34-14 loss. Longest delay I've ever encountered at the HS level, was just a really weird thing to sit through.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #2234
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Slow weekend for random thoughts.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 AM   #2235
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Slow weekend for random thoughts.

We're all just very focused right now, it seems.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #2236
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's a Monday random thought: There's two guys who have played football for Michigan recently that went to the same high school as I did (although they were there much later): Kevin Grady and Kelvin Grady. Who names their kids Kevin and Kelvin? Doesn't that make it a little hard to figure out which one of them is being called? "No, I said Kelvin, not Kevin!"
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #2237
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Report: Nuke weapon drivers got drunk on job

Old 11-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #2238
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That pisses me off to no end. The other being sites so caught up in fancy ads running everywhere that it screws up your browser. ESPN got caught up in this awhile ago. I understand the need for advertisers, but you can't let it ruin the experience on the site.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #2239
molson
General Manager

I've been thinking of buying my first console since the Sega Genesis.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #2240
RainMaker
General Manager

This is just tragic.

Boy dies after plunge from deck at Lakers game - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #2241
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm surprised you don't see that headline more after Detroit Lion games.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #2242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was worried that Progressive's snapshot program would just rail me as a bad driver and not give me a discount worth my time or trouble.

Instead I found out today that I will be saving an additional 100 bucks every six months!

Woot!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #2243
JediKooter
Coordinator

Looking forward to getting the new Mark Twain autobiography.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #2244
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Im tired of people complaining about the Cowboys and Lions playing on Thanksgiving every year, when the Monday night game the week of the holiday (when we only get 1 game, not 3) is a 4-5 team vs. a 3-6 one.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #2245
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Needed a copy of a school video that featured my son for one of his Boy Scout badges. Dreaded trying to figure out how to d'load it from Vimeo (which the school approves the use of, while banning them from using YouTube, go figure), haven't had much luck with that kind of thing.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Vimeo allows you to d'load pretty much anything on the site apparently with just a simple on-site button click.
Score one for the video service that I'd never even looked at until a few weeks ago I guess.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #2246
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I like it!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #2247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am flying home to Atlantic city through Atlanta, and the Georgia tech basketball team is on the plane and in the rows immediately ahead of me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #2248
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I am flying home to Atlantic city through Atlanta, and the Georgia tech basketball team is on the plane and in the rows immediately ahead of me.

Buckle up, the plane is liable to "turnover"

More likely that it will just fly around aimlessly for 5-10 minutes stretches. And if anyone shoots, you don't really have to worry about being hit

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-24-2010 at 08:09 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #2249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sat next to a team trainer. Had some interesting conversations.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #2250
MJ4H
Coordinator

If you watch the macys parade in the morning, one of my students will be featured. When the "Great American Marching Band" performs, my student is the trombone player in the dixieland ensemble.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote