Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #2201
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
...and Thomkal leaves us hanging again. He isn't doing much to earn my trust in this game, as this makes the second time that he has been on and could have taken, literally, one-minute to give us some information, but he disappears again.

It makes me think he wants to confer with others before revealing information. I guess he could be a Ranger, but since he has outted himself already, I don't see any good reason for him to not share this information.

thomkal left again??? really this is starting to get ridiculous guys. i can understand once, and i understand the value of leaving him for the bad guys to waste a kill on (assuming he is on one evil faction) but how heavily do we weigh that against getting a baddy ourselves and cutting their #'s down?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #2202
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
...and Thomkal leaves us hanging again. He isn't doing much to earn my trust in this game, as this makes the second time that he has been on and could have taken, literally, one-minute to give us some information, but he disappears again.

It makes me think he wants to confer with others before revealing information. I guess he could be a Ranger, but since he has outted himself already, I don't see any good reason for him to not share this information.

Yep, he read and ran again. Just does not make sense at all. He really should have been able to make the post right now. At this point, why would a good guy have to wait to post his seer results?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #2203
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

at this point with him providing information of questionable veracity and in a non-timely manner at that (and yes i understand the info can be reverse-used against him, but still)
Old 11-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #2204
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
thomkal left again??? really this is starting to get ridiculous guys. i can understand once, and i understand the value of leaving him for the bad guys to waste a kill on (assuming he is on one evil faction) but how heavily do we weigh that against getting a baddy ourselves and cutting their #'s down?

I won't be voting for Thomkal today.

I want to hear what Lonestargirl and Thomkal found last night though.

I wish I could provide more information on my attacker last night, but needless to say sometimes when its in your nature to put your nose in other people's business they'll try to smack it off for you. My character is a fairly nosy sort so not an entire suprise that I was attacked.

Vote Ntndeacon
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #2205
Swaggs
Coordinator

I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see what LSG, Izulde, and Thomkal have to say. I am leaning towards Ntndeacon tomorrow, as well, but if someone I trust can provide a positive ID, I will be listening.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #2206
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i anticipate having plenty of online time this afternoon to discuss and vote so i will hold off on a placeholder vote right now. i would think ntn or sublime would be people to focus in on though, as those were both on LSG's list, and ntn has been on everyone's radar for a couple days now.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #2207
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Thomkal
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #2208
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Thomkal

There's a shock.

My hunch is that the wolves are going to make a big push to lynch thomkal today. Just a hunch which I have absolutely 0 knowledge pointing me to that belief.

I wouldn't be suprised though if that move is the focus of their day today.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #2209
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
There's a shock.

My hunch is that the wolves are going to make a big push to lynch thomkal today. Just a hunch which I have absolutely 0 knowledge pointing me to that belief.

I wouldn't be suprised though if that move is the focus of their day today.

I have a feeling the wolves will be quite happy to have those of us villiagers do there dirty work and off another on the side of light.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:36 AM   #2210
Izulde
Head Coach

ntn just seems like he's parroting what other people have said earlier in the game, something I seem to recall from before somewhere in here. Right now, he's the only person left who I have any genuine suspicion on. The others are more wait and see for now.

VOTE NTNDEACON

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #2211
Thomkal
Head Coach

No I did not run away. I was pissed that after that long weekend, the person I chose to view was killed. Yes I chose Dodgerchick. I mentioned her in the bunch of people Alan asked me about who I was thinking to view. I thought she was likely to survive the night of those I was suspicious of. So even if I had revealed right away you wouldn't have learned anything new. And since the people I trust are voting for him already and he's voting for me, I will.

vote ntndeacon
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #2212
Lorena
Unregistered

Aww dang

Good luck villagers.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #2213
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay guys, I think the reason I wasn't killed last night is because the bad guys think I was guarded. So tonight will probably be my last night. As for who i viewed last night, it was BrianD. And needless to say he is an Agent of Saruman and one of those in darkness.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #2214
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote briand

And you researchers, when you look through brian's posts, you will find that he has voted for ntn at least 3 times....
Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #2215
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
vote briand

And you researchers, when you look through brian's posts, you will find that he has voted for ntn at least 3 times....

Unvote ntndeacon
Vote BrianD

ok, I'll switch to Brian if he is a force of Saruman. However your comment about him voting for ntn at least 3 times, remember it was him who made sure to make a point to vote for ntn when everyone else was voting for spleen. He threw a vote on ntn for a few hours then moved it off as "proof" which I called him out for.

He definitly didn't vote for ntn the days when ntn's neck was on the line. So I don't really agree with his being good or bad means anything about ntn. In fact his "vote" for ntn the other day when it didn't matter at all did nothing but increase suspicion for me about ntn.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:25 AM   #2216
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also how do you know you were bodyguarded last night? I assumed since I didn't die when attacked that I was protected somehow by the bodyguard.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #2217
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am not saying ntn is good by any means, all i am saying is that there might be people who dont beleive im the real seer and stick with ntn... but they shouldn't.

And how convienent is it that thomkal scanned somebody that died? Dodgerchick wasn't no where near my suspicious list, in fact, she was in the top three of my COT
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #2218
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant, I said the reason i think i wasn't killed is because the bad guys THOUGHT i would be bodyguarded
Old 11-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #2219
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am not saying ntn is good by any means, all i am saying is that there might be people who dont beleive im the real seer and stick with ntn... but they shouldn't.

And how convienent is it that thomkal scanned somebody that died? Dodgerchick wasn't no where near my suspicious list, in fact, she was in the top three of my COT

I actually suggested yesterday that Thomkal scan Dodgerchick. I don't have a huge problem with the scan. I pushed Thomkal to either scan Dodgerchick or Tyrith and he did.

I don't understand how you know the bad guys thought you were bodyguarded though. How would you know this? I can think of many reasons why you are still alive today, none of which are for that reason.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:56 AM   #2220
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Based on the reveal by LSG,

VOTE BRIAND
Old 11-13-2006, 08:59 AM   #2221
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE BRIAND

It's time we end this seer nonsense one way or another, and since I always trusted LSG more I'll take her word.

I would like to note that there is someone out there that can vouch for me now. It is much better for the team if it doesn't get laid out fully right now, but I'm no longer completely without support (finally!)
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 AM   #2222
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
VOTE BRIAND

It's time we end this seer nonsense one way or another, and since I always trusted LSG more I'll take her word.

I would like to note that there is someone out there that can vouch for me now. It is much better for the team if it doesn't get laid out fully right now, but I'm no longer completely without support (finally!)

I would be interested in hearing more about this. Right now you are one of only 5 people left not being vouched for. I've found you fairly suspicious alot of the game, but obviously have my targets more fixed on ntndeacon than you. Perhaps today isn't the day for this, I'm not sure.. but having someone who can back you could probably keep you away from the lynch at least another day or three if credible.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #2223
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

LSG, why was DC third on your trust list and actually in your CoT? I do not believe that you scanned her and you listed her in the group with the two living people that you said you scanned? Also, you put that list out prior to DC being killed.

I would think you would have put her at the top of your reasonable trust list. Instead you posted it as if you KNEW she was could or was confirmed.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #2224
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Just because Dodgerchick was in your COT does not mean she was in mine. She voted for me, and has been calling for my lynching for a long time. I think she was a perfectly acceptable person to view, especially since people like Alan thought she was suspicious too.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #2225
Thomkal
Head Coach

Since everybody is grilling me on who I viewed, how about you LSG? Why Brian? Why not me since you distrust me so much?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #2226
Thomkal
Head Coach

Fair warning: I will be in and out all day running errands and such forth. I'm getting a bit tired of people accusing me of hiding if I'm not here and such. I do have a life outside this game believe it or not, and can not be here at your beck and call 24/7.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #2227
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Fair warning: I will be in and out all day running errands and such forth. I'm getting a bit tired of people accusing me of hiding if I'm not here and such. I do have a life outside this game believe it or not, and can not be here at your beck and call 24/7.

No reason to get touchy Thomkal. People have been upset because you've been in the thread at times without giving the information that you know. It isn't that people expect you to be here 24/7, but when you are here people would like to know information that you are bringing to the table.

When you don't post specific information at times it makes people feel you are hiding something, or waiting for teammates to build or develop a story. I fully understand not wanting to be here every passing minute of the day, but when you are here you have to realize the #1 important thing people want to know from you every day is:

Who did you scan, what were the results of the scan, why did you choose that person.

They might have responses back to you depending on what you respond, but its just part of the game. Getting touchy or defensive about it isn't going to help anything unfortunatly.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #2228
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

I think the primary problem people have been having is that they've been seeing you viewing the thread and you haven't been immediately posting your scan results, which could come off as suspicious. Personally I don't have an opinion on it.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #2229
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

LSG is lying, she is the one that Attacked Alan.

I wasn't part of the little campfire last night, but I did hear the attack. As I rounded the corner to look at it, I saw LSG poised for another strike. Her eyes caught mine and she dropped the branch and ran off.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #2230
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
LSG is lying, she is the one that Attacked Alan.

I wasn't part of the little campfire last night, but I did hear the attack. As I rounded the corner to look at it, I saw LSG poised for another strike. Her eyes caught mine and she dropped the branch and ran off.

Are you sure of this story? Whether or not I believe LSG is the real seer, from what I do know of her behavior after hours I have a problem believing that she would resort to beating me over the head with a stick. My ex-wife might do that, but not LSG. I have a hunch she would be a bit more cereberal with her attacks if she was indeed bad.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #2231
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Thomkal
Old 11-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #2232
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you sure of this story? Whether or not I believe LSG is the real seer, from what I do know of her behavior after hours I have a problem believing that she would resort to beating me over the head with a stick. My ex-wife might do that, but not LSG. I have a hunch she would be a bit more cereberal with her attacks if she was indeed bad.

I don't know. We have seen three types of attacks. One is the knife attack we have gotten most nights. Another was what seemed to be a more cereberal attack a few nights ago. The night before last, I think someone got smacked with a log from the fire. This last one matches pretty well will the branch from the tree attack. Maybe the cereberal attack can't be done every night, and these "attacks of opportunity" are the in-between attacks? All I can tell you is what I saw. The fact that she saw me see her means that she had to call me out to protect herself.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #2233
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Okay, BrianD give us the full deal. What were you doing out at night to be able to see the attack?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #2234
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
No reason to get touchy Thomkal. People have been upset because you've been in the thread at times without giving the information that you know. It isn't that people expect you to be here 24/7, but when you are here people would like to know information that you are bringing to the table.

When you don't post specific information at times it makes people feel you are hiding something, or waiting for teammates to build or develop a story. I fully understand not wanting to be here every passing minute of the day, but when you are here you have to realize the #1 important thing people want to know from you every day is:

Who did you scan, what were the results of the scan, why did you choose that person.

They might have responses back to you depending on what you respond, but its just part of the game. Getting touchy or defensive about it isn't going to help anything unfortunatly.

Sorry Alan,

I just had to vent a little there. I realize people need to know information from me, but its not like I wait until five minutes before the lynch before giving it. If it wasn't for the migraine the other day, you would have had the reveal in the morning, just like you had it in the morning today. It can be of benefit to us if I wait to reveal the view, because it might get an evil caught in a lie.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #2235
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Okay, BrianD give us the full deal. What were you doing out at night to be able to see the attack?

I never did give my full name before because I thought it would unfairly prejudice the other players. My name is Bill Ferny. I am a farmer and worker of husbandry. In the books, Bill gave some information to Saruman's(?) men and sold the Fellowship a pony for way more than it was worth.

I worried that if I told my name, people would either think I was bad, or the dark teams might figure that I was convertable (which is still possible). As it is, I'm not a terribly friendly or social individual. I had no reason to be out any more meaningful that Alan's "taking a leak" reason. I think I was out just so I could witness the failed attack. To be clear, I don't have any abilities which require me to be outside (I don't have any abilities at all). Apparently this is just how to attack was to be discovered.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #2236
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I never did give my full name before because I thought it would unfairly prejudice the other players. My name is Bill Ferny. I am a farmer and worker of husbandry. In the books, Bill gave some information to Saruman's(?) men and sold the Fellowship a pony for way more than it was worth.

I worried that if I told my name, people would either think I was bad, or the dark teams might figure that I was convertable (which is still possible). As it is, I'm not a terribly friendly or social individual. I had no reason to be out any more meaningful that Alan's "taking a leak" reason. I think I was out just so I could witness the failed attack. To be clear, I don't have any abilities which require me to be outside (I don't have any abilities at all). Apparently this is just how to attack was to be discovered.

Sounds like you aren't a horrible person to take a gamble on losing then to see if LSG is telling the truth about you. Since we won't lose any important roles or anything.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:44 AM   #2237
Tyrith
College Starter

Hrm. As I see it, we can't keep going with this stupid two seer game if we're going to ignore what they say. If we aren't going to listen to them, we might as well consider them as normal lynch targets. So I'm going to go with LSG, assume that Brian is playing desperate defense, and if he's good then we kill LSG tomorrow. The only viable alternative is to switch the order of the lynches, but that doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #2238
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Well, I can understand AlanT's situation there as he was the target of the attack. That means he has to be involved. But you are saying that you have no special role, the GM just out of the grace of his heart let you witness an attack and identify the attacker. That is just too far out for a WW game. What are you not telling us?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #2239
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you aren't a horrible person to take a gamble on losing then to see if LSG is telling the truth about you. Since we won't lose any important roles or anything.

Quite true. All I really am in a number in the number's game. If you have sufficient numbers without me, then go ahead and kill me. When I show up good, you'll know I wasn't lying about LSG.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #2240
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hrm. As I see it, we can't keep going with this stupid two seer game if we're going to ignore what they say. If we aren't going to listen to them, we might as well consider them as normal lynch targets. So I'm going to go with LSG, assume that Brian is playing desperate defense, and if he's good then we kill LSG tomorrow. The only viable alternative is to switch the order of the lynches, but that doesn't make any sense.

Are you afraid one of them is going to say you are bad next? I have no problem keeping them both alive for a while.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #2241
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quite true. All I really am in a number in the number's game. If you have sufficient numbers without me, then go ahead and kill me. When I show up good, you'll know I wasn't lying about LSG.

Well lucky for us if you do turn up good, we can definitly lynch LSG tommorrow.

The great thing about this game though is even if you do turn up bad it doesn't confirm anyone's sides since one bad guy team can easily sell out the other to gain trust.

At some point, I would highly recomment Saruman or Sauron's forces to do just that. Tell us what you know about the other side to try to gain trust
Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #2242
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

As I am working the numbers...we are down to 14 players, right?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #2243
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Are you afraid one of them is going to say you are bad next? I have no problem keeping them both alive for a while.

No, but if we're not going to listen to them why aren't we considering them as lynch targets? We need to either consider them as seers and use their information or we need to ignore the whole thing and actually start considering lynching them again. But we can't just let them sit around and babble and ignore it, or not do anything because we're paralyzed in fear of doing something wrong.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #2244
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wow Brian, that sounds like a pretty shaky defense to me. Before I switch my vote over, I'd still like to hear from LSG about why she chose Brian over me. But with that, I'm offline for a bit.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #2245
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Brian D
I do not think the first wolf that either seer has seen will turn out to be fake.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #2246
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, but if we're not going to listen to them why aren't we considering them as lynch targets? We need to either consider them as seers and use their information or we need to ignore the whole thing and actually start considering lynching them again. But we can't just let them sit around and babble and ignore it, or not do anything because we're paralyzed in fear of doing something wrong.

I thought thats what we are doing by voting BrianD today... where am I wrong on that?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #2247
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also how do you know you were bodyguarded last night? I assumed since I didn't die when attacked that I was protected somehow by the bodyguard.
It could be like RE where they need to attack with more than one person to guarantee success.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 AM   #2248
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Well, I can understand AlanT's situation there as he was the target of the attack. That means he has to be involved. But you are saying that you have no special role, the GM just out of the grace of his heart let you witness an attack and identify the attacker. That is just too far out for a WW game. What are you not telling us?

Not really, the GM puts us where we need to be. I wish there was more to me so I could give you an exciting story, but it just isn't the case. However the mechanics work, I was chosen to witness the failed attack. Apparently that is the danger to their non-cereberal attack.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #2249
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
It could be like RE where they need to attack with more than one person to guarantee success.

I thought about that.. but then you mean to tell me they waited till night 5 to try to do a solo attack?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #2250
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Question for the vets:

I know the bodyguard role allows you to prevent a player from being killed, but does the bodyguard see who was trying to make the kill?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote