Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #2201
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
O’Reilly: “Putin’s a killer”

Trump: “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think—our country’s so innocent?”

I can only imagine what would have been the reaction to Obama saying this.

I don't know what's up with Trump and Russia, but it's damned unhealthy for the nation.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:30 PM   #2202
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I don't know what's up with Trump and Russia, but it's damned unhealthy for the nation.

Reminds me a bit of the Manchuria Candidate scenario but replace China with Russia.

Last edited by Galaril : 02-04-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:22 AM   #2203
whomario
Pro Starter

Trump acting like theres now “bad people“ getting in that up and decided they would on the drop off a hat is absolutely insane and a fucking shame that aparently people will believe that.

Its also telling every employee involved his work has been shit.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-05-2017 at 04:23 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:26 AM   #2204
Flasch186
Coordinator

Things are getting weird...

The rumors that the phone call with Putin was overseen by handlers of Trumps and that it was awkward, now this?

I feel like he's trying to trade Iran for Russia while no one's looking.

Just so strange at the moment.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #2205
Drake
assmaster

I can't help but feel like we've already been through the "activist judges" phase of our political history recently, and I really don't want to go through it again.

(In quotes to indicate both sides of the issue -- that is, those people who believe activist judges are a thing and those who believe they're just people who imagine it's a thing so they've got something to complain about.)

But then someone is going to remind me that this phase was all the way back in the Clinton presidency, which means that I'm just getting old.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #2206
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well they had a meltdown when he said America wasn't perfect and Romney wrote a book in response.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #2207
stevew
Hall Of Famer

McCarthy as Spicer on SNL was fkn amazing.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #2208
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

When the President creates a situation where he benefits from the murder of Americans.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #2209
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

When the President creates a situation where he benefits from the murder of Americans.

"People pouring in" WTF, like we are being invaded by an occupying force. When something happens to an innocent American citizen that happens to be Muslim, because of the paranoia his McCarthy tactics inspire who do we blame?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #2210
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
McCarthy as Spicer on SNL was fkn amazing.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #2211
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
"People pouring in" WTF, like we are being invaded by an occupying force. When something happens to an innocent American citizen that happens to be Muslim, because of the paranoia his McCarthy tactics inspire who do we blame?

Seriously. The only people coming in from those countries are already vetted. Unless ISIS suddenly built a tunnel under the Atlantic, through Mexico and into the states.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #2212
Easy Mac

Kellyanne Conway Said "Bowling Green Massacre" in Another Interview
Quote:
But in an interview with Cosmopolitan.com conducted by phone days earlier, on Sunday, Jan. 29, Conway used the same phrasing, claiming that President Barack Obama called for a temporary "ban on Iraqi refugees” after the “Bowling Green massacre.” (The quotes did not appear in either of two stories recently published on Cosmopolitan.com.)

"He did, it’s a fact," she said of Obama. "Why did he do that? He did that for exactly the same reasons. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills, and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away."

Guys, its true, the Mandela Effect is true. Kelly has just slipped through a crack in space-time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #2213
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

It's odd to live in a world where legitimate political reporting is being done by Cosmo and Teen Vogue.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #2214
Comey
College Starter

There's a good piece out there that looks at the Teen Vogue turn, and why they went down this path.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #2215
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Always an interesting contrast. As much as people harp on Trump's favorability ratings, it doesn't seem like it ends well for those that try to jump into the mud-slinging against him either. In this case, Warren has taken a hit in what should be a very favorable state for Democrats.

http://www.wbur.org/politicker/2017/...ren-baker-poll
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #2216
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This is not at all a person who is mentally ill.

President Trump is now speculating that the media is covering up terrorist attacks - The Washington Post
Old 02-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #2217
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Cmon Rainmaker did you read the article you posted? Trump is saying exactly what you and I and a few others have said in the past. The media takes a shooting like the Orlando one and clings to every possible outcome it can be like anti-gay to avoid saying it's radical Islam. Middle Eastern couple gun down san bernidino Christmas party: motive unknown.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #2218
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Cmon Rainmaker did you read the article you posted? Trump is saying exactly what you and I and a few others have said in the past. The media takes a shooting like the Orlando one and clings to every possible outcome it can be like anti-gay to avoid saying it's radical Islam. Middle Eastern couple gun down san bernidino Christmas party: motive unknown.

Do you think the fact that the Trump Administration hasn't mentioned the Mosque in Quebec is because the shooter was a Trump supporter?

You can guarantee if the shooter was brown Trump would have been all over it because the timing would have been perfect for his ban. Instead he still hasn't publicly acknowledged it. He can't call out the media for doing the same thing his administration is doing. Well, he can, but it's hard to take him seriously when he does it.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #2219
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think there is a difference in creating false narratives and not reporting attacks at all. His remarks implied the media was not reporting terrorist attacks at all. I think terrorist attacks are covered heavily. Almost too much by the media.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #2220
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Interesting spin. The article seems to indicate that Trump is saying the media doesn't cover terrorist attacks at all. Though I guess I can see where "it’s not even being reported" is confusing .
Old 02-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #2221
larrymcg421
Head Coach

He wouldn't have made that mistake if there were more conservatives on the board.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:06 PM   #2222
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's obviously a defense of Conway and the Bowling Green Massacre. He's throwing out the narrative, and I bet by the end of Feb half or more of Trump voters will say the massacre happened.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #2223
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Spicer says they will compile a list of terrorist attacks the media didn't cover.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #2224
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Spicer says they will compile a list of terrorist attacks the media didn't cover.

Time well spent, i am sure.

I hope someones goes ahead and makes a list of Trump Tweets and/or protests "the media" did not cover. On a serious note, maybe make a list of natural disasters, murders or other violence "the media" does not cover but which he does not object to because it's not doing anything for his agenda. While someone is on it, make a list of all this for all US states to determine if there is a bias (hint: There is, as is the case with all news. There is always regional bias among others.)

If it were΄t so serious, it΄d be funny
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-06-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #2225
molson
General Manager

It's so comforting that the Trump administration desperately wants a terrorist attack.

Last edited by molson : 02-06-2017 at 06:59 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #2226
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sen. Cotton is introducing a bill to restrict who can sponsor people for green cards.

Quote:
Cotton's office told Politico that the bill would reduce legal immigration by about 40 percent in the first year of implementation and by 50 percent over ten years.

But don't call it white nationalism.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #2227
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting read. It seems like Democrats have always had their vote focused in certain areas, but it seems to be getting worse.

Democrats May Be On The Verge Of Becoming A 'Permanent Minority' Party | The Daily Caller
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #2228
whomario
Pro Starter

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/po...ck-list-trump/

White House releases Trump's list of terror attacks 'media ignored' despite widespread international coverage

The White House included some curious incidents on its list of 'undercovered' terror attacks - Business Insider Nordic

why yes, of course the list of attacks does not specify which and how were under-reported and of course it omits terror attacks not fitting with the agenda while listing others that have no place there ...

Then again, it gets people and the media to mention those attacks again and link to their old reports. So yeah, mission accomplished in a way ...

Last edited by whomario : 02-07-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #2229
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Interesting read. It seems like Democrats have always had their vote focused in certain areas, but it seems to be getting worse.

Democrats May Be On The Verge Of Becoming A 'Permanent Minority' Party | The Daily Caller

This is at least the third time in my adulthood that one party was destined to be a permanent minority. Just as before, it's very unlikely that will happen.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #2230
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

In TrumpWorld, the media outlets aren't doing their jobs if they don't devote at least 95% of their air time to Radical Islamic Terror Attacks.

The other 5% should be spent on how big the crowds were at the inauguration
Old 02-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #2231
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
In TrumpWorld, the media outlets aren't doing their jobs if they don't devote at least 95% of their air time to Radical Islamic Terror Attacks.

The other 5% should be spent on how big the crowds were at the inauguration

I think you need to flip those numbers.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #2232
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Then again, it gets people and the media to mention those attacks again and link to their old reports.

Yep. The administration needs people to be sufficiently afraid to implement many of their policies. Also, attacks to try to discredit the press as a whole make it easier to just blatantly lie about anything and everything to get stuff done. I still don't know what is incompetence vs evil here, but both are pretty fucking scary.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #2233
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uggh...Devos made it
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #2234
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Uggh...Devos made it

Costs too much to educate people anyways. Besides, people get book learnin', they start voting Democrat.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #2235
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Trump himself said he loves the poorly educated.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #2236
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

If you have kids, and can afford it, homeschool/unschool them now. The SoE position has been inadequately staffed nearly every time, but none has been nearly as antagonistic to research based educational truths as this idiot.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #2237
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm just as shocked by the fact that the sheriff is angry about a law requiring a conviction before asset forfeiture.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #2238
Easy Mac

Yep, thats totally a joke.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #2239
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

1979: Let's create an agency to help oversee federal education policy. Typical big government supporter thought... What harm can it possibly do? More government is great!

2003: Who could have foresaw a massive waste of a program like NCLB? Oh well big government still is great! At least we have homeland security and other programs that won't ever grow past their intended purposes.

2017: OMG! Homeschool your children! You mean these government programs always grow into giant bureaucracies and can sometimes fall into the wrong hands and actually have unforeseen consequences? You don't say?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #2240
larrymcg421
Head Coach

It's not like state bureaucracies are much better. They often to fall in equally crazy and often worse hands. See Oklahoma and AP classes for just one example.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #2241
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't know the source, and I'm not really a fan of hers, but... just sayin'...

Last edited by QuikSand : 02-07-2017 at 12:53 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #2242
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

I don't know the source, and I'm not really a fan of hers, but... just sayin'...

I would commit several crimes to obtain video of Trump watching this.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #2243
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

The reason for people wanting Rosie playing Bannon...

Quote:
And the devastating “Saturday Night Live” caricature of Spicer that aired over the weekend — in which a belligerent Spicer was spoofed by a gum-chomping, super soaker-wielding Melissa McCarthy in drag — did not go over well internally at a White House in which looks matter.

More than being lampooned as a press secretary who makes up facts, it was Spicer’s portrayal by a woman that was most problematic in the president’s eyes, according to sources close to him. And the unflattering send-up by a female comedian was not considered helpful for Spicer’s longevity in the grueling, high-profile job in which he has struggled to strike the right balance between representing an administration that considers the media the "opposition party," and developing a functional relationship with the press.

"Trump doesn't like his people to look weak," added a top Trump donor.

Trump’s uncharacteristic Twitter silence over the weekend about the “Saturday Night Live” sketch was seen internally as a sign of how uncomfortable it made the White House feel. Sources said the caricature of Spicer by McCarthy struck a nerve and was upsetting to the press secretary and to his allies, who immediately saw how damaging it could be in Trump world.

Last edited by mckerney : 02-07-2017 at 01:01 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #2244
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah and Rosie just makes it extra bad since he hates her so much. Also, the sketch would probably revolve around Bannon really being the person in charge, which is something else that is reportedly bothering Trump.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #2245
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Usually I can find some people on both sides of the aisle but since her name was originally brought up I have not found a single person happy with DeVos.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #2246
Kodos
Resident Alien

"When I'm President, the people will love me. LOVE ME!" Must be a rude awakening for him.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #2247
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Usually I can find some people on both sides of the aisle but since her name was originally brought up I have not found a single person happy with DeVos.

I have a cousin who likes her, but he's pro-christian schools and vehemently anti common core, though I'm not actually convinced he knows what it is.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #2248
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I have a cousin who likes her, but he's pro-christian schools and vehemently anti common core, though I'm not actually convinced he knows what it is.

About 95% of the people who are against Common Core don't know what it is. They just read one of those stupid memes where the father, who took differential equations in college, didn't know how to do his 3rd grade son's math homework.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #2249
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
It's not like state bureaucracies are much better. They often to fall in equally crazy and often worse hands. See Oklahoma and AP classes for just one example.

Yes I completely agree the state education agencies often suck as well. Then it goes local and unfortunately some local school districts suck as well. But I mean at some point people have chosen where to live and if they have children the schools are hopefully a large part of that decision. Don't get me wrong here in St. Louis we have a transfer program that allows kids from failing districts to attend the better schools in the area and while there is definitely a lot of waste (and it is a state program) it is definitely a more accountable program than the 100 billion dollar budget of the federal department.

And while I do lean to the Libertarian side (at least over the current choices) on a lot of issues involving government spending I don't think the EPA, USDA, CDC type agencies need to go by the wayside. I just think if they hire 500 employees as part of a stimulus package that shouldn't automatically guarantee we can't ever get rid of the 500 jobs especially if they are found to be redundant.

And to cycle back to my main point... Betsy DeVos should have a pretty powerless position. The only power she has is what the state and local governments let her have and what the Congress has chosen to cede to her agency over the years. So I kind of have to laugh that some senators and congressmen thought Arnie Duncan was a good guy and have him more power and are now realizing the unintended consequences when a fool like Trump rises to power.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:53 PM   #2250
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

That argument makes no sense. Why have government at all if a bad person can one day be in charge of a part of it?