Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #2201
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
or a warning from a mummy

So a promise to live is a warning? Oook.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #2202
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
what quote did you use and question did you ask?

The fact that he is a generic villager and he feels the seer is too important to us. I figured if he was lieing I could pin point wheter he had a powerful egyptian role or was a nec. Turns out he was telling the truth about all of it. He's generic and had no reason to want the seer to reveal.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #2203
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Bolded equals known. Blue equals good guy. Red equals bad guy. Italics is speculation, but likely true.

1. Bad guy C
2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
3. Bad guy D
4. Head Necro
5. Good egyptian role
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
7. Dubb -- soothsayer
8. Vanilla Egyptian (Sndvls?)
9. Path -- Pharoah
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #2204
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I find this suspicious Fouts. If you were the Avatar, all you have is a guard action. How could you guarantee nobody dies with just one guard action? Unless, of coruse, you are the mummy, and you don;t submit a night action.

Vote Fouts

Easy. The necros would be foolish to attack, knowing they will die.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #2205
path12
Coordinator

On the chart, you're forgetting the Pharaoh. Please don't forget me.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #2206
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well.....?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #2207
kingfc22
Head Coach

I don't know how Lathum is so sure that Fouts is the avatar since he is a normal egyptian.

I have to agree with Barkeep and just don't see how we could have two mystics. Just too much of an advantage for us IMO.

Since Blade is dead, the only way Fouts could be entered into the game is by the Head Nec which means he is the mummy.

Vote Fouts
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #2208
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Easy. The necros would be foolish to attack, knowing they will die.
But they don't know that. They only get hurt if they happen to attack the person who you're protecting. Still seems like good odds for them.

And right now I'm willing to concede that there very well might have been 7 bad guys, or about 1/3 of the players, to start. Still doesn't mean I buy the 2 mystics idea or that Fouts is the avatar.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #2209
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
On the chart, you're forgetting the Pharaoh. Please don't forget me.
You're on the latest color coded one. #9.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #2210
path12
Coordinator

Oops, now I'm on there. Never mind.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:46 PM   #2211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Well, Lathum is clean, so now I think he owes it to us to tell us how he knows Fouts is the avatar if he is just a "generic villager."
thank you very much, like I said it is a theory, nothing more, but considering Alant's attack on me which he admits he started I think it is a wothwhile risk to back off fouts and go for alanT. If alan is innocent we go for fouts tomorrow. I know it is a risk but if we get another necro in tonight's lynch and fouts is the mummy he may be forced to guard a necro or face an end game scenerio.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #2212
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I don't know how Lathum is so sure that Fouts is the avatar since he is a normal egyptian.

I have to agree with Barkeep and just don't see how we could have two mystics. Just too much of an advantage for us IMO.

Since Blade is dead, the only way Fouts could be entered into the game is by the Head Nec which means he is the mummy.

Vote Fouts

There are other ways.

Quote:
Items:
- Scarab of Protection - room cannot be entered that night
- Cursed Scarab - will change seer view (wolf seen as human, human seen as wolf)
- Only the Enchanter and Initiate are able to identify what role an item plays (distinguish between scarabs, for example).

Additional items may be added leading up to start of game, or may remain unidentified in the rules.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #2213
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE FOUTS

Mummy or not we can kill the mummy if he does rise later. I feel very strongly that Fouts is the mummy in the meantime. If Lathum would have come back as having a powerful role, I would have thought otherwise.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #2214
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So why do we trust dubb again? I know there was a good reason for it when he came out last time. Just don't remember what it was and asking here is simpler than looking at something 30 pages ago
Old 06-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #2215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay Bk, here's my detailed role list:

Enchanter - I think there has to be an enchanter to counterbalance the Initiate. This is the one of the two (the other being the EG) I am most sure of.

Healthy - This is a chincy little role with little to it, but considering how uber-powerful the disease ability of the Head Nec is, it makes sense to have at least one person who is a foil.

Favored - A decently useful ability that saves you from danger once, but you don;t know it. The Necs know it, though, and can try to kill you again, or just ignore since you now have lost all of your abilities and they know it. Probably in the game.

Elite Guard - Absolutely in the game, a vital role for the Egyptians. This is the only counter to the potential for Egyptians to multi-attack, and he is uber powerful without needed to guard himself, and this all seems like a great foil. Has to be in the game.

I've already spoken to the High Priest. Seen nothing, heard nothing, no reason to believe he's here.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #2216
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So why do we trust dubb again? I know there was a good reason for it when he came out last time. Just don't remember what it was and asking here is simpler than looking at something 30 pages ago

because I'm the soothsayer?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #2217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE FOUTS

Mummy or not we can kill the mummy if he does rise later. I feel very strongly that Fouts is the mummy in the meantime. If Lathum would have come back as having a powerful role, I would have thought otherwise.
This does bring up a good point. Even if Fouts is the Avatar, if something else comes back reanimated how in the world do we NOT knock that person out. Seems to me that as simple as this one is, that becomes a complete no brainer.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #2218
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
thank you very much, like I said it is a theory, nothing more, but considering Alant's attack on me which he admits he started I think it is a wothwhile risk to back off fouts and go for alanT. If alan is innocent we go for fouts tomorrow. I know it is a risk but if we get another necro in tonight's lynch and fouts is the mummy he may be forced to guard a necro or face an end game scenerio.

I disagree...fouts needs to go tonight, he is a guaranteed 100% killer if he's a mummy, including killing our EG. If Alan is a necro he can't kill our EG on 100%
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #2219
Tyrith
College Starter

I think it's very risky to let Fouts live unless we have really good evidence to the contrary because he WILL kill someone tonight if he's bad and we're probably gonna have the core of our voting block start to fly apart as the necros are bound to have some coordination by now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
because I'm the soothsayer?
Yes but the soothsayer can be evil.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2221
Fouts
College Starter

Ok, I tried to help. You guys don't want help. When two or more people die tonight, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm going to lunch.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm off for some food. I hope nobody else dies during the day.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #2223
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes but the soothsayer can be evil.

But I'm not.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #2224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I disagree...fouts needs to go tonight, he is a guaranteed 100% killer if he's a mummy, including killing our EG. If Alan is a necro he can't kill our EG on 100%

Unless Alan is the Head Nec and uses Disease.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #2225
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
This does bring up a good point. Even if Fouts is the Avatar, if something else comes back reanimated how in the world do we NOT knock that person out. Seems to me that as simple as this one is, that becomes a complete no brainer.

And if he is the mummy and somebody else enters the game it is highly likely that we DO have two mystics and will have an Avatar that won't get lynched. Of course this is far less likely than what scenario BK has described and the that is the one I buy the most.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #2226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
But I'm not.
Thanks. Got anyway for us to verify that? I thought there some sort of compelling logic as to how you couldn't be evil back on day 2 when you last had a scan. And I concocted some far fetched scenario that could still make you evil. But I didn't view that as likely. I'm just not remembering what made it so I had to concoct schemes.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #2227
path12
Coordinator

I can't see any reason to move my vote from Fouts. Not worth the risk any other way.

One question -- Dubb mentions that Lathum didn't come back with a powerful role. Did he come back with any kind of role? What exactly did you learn from the scan?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #2228
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm vanilla ICE

Fixed
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #2229
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Ok, I tried to help. You guys don't want help. When two or more people die tonight, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm going to lunch.

so someone got the disease...we brought that up 2 days ago. also the fact by this point the necros probally have found at least 1 other person so we know that as well.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #2230
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Fixed

there you go crapping on my again...thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #2231
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I can't see any reason to move my vote from Fouts. Not worth the risk any other way.

One question -- Dubb mentions that Lathum didn't come back with a powerful role. Did he come back with any kind of role? What exactly did you learn from the scan?

That he believed everything he posted. He is a generic egyptian and didn't want the seer outted/killed. He was hiding NOTHING from me.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #2232
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Think what you may of me. I'm the one thats not claiming I know anything like Lathum was. I was wrong about Lathum on my feel, but it doesnt change what we do about Fouts. If Fouts really is an avatar then, I really suck this game anyways.

I don't understand how Lathum knows Fouts is good if he is a common villager either unless its something that Barkeep mentioned earlier (brothers with someone who had something to do with Fouts being brought out). I think though that is a stretch, and Fouts is our kill today. Like I have said a hundred times, all I have to go on this game is my hunches, and I was right once and wrong once if we believe Dubbs (which I think we kind of have to since our current circle is built around him)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #2233
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Unless Alan is the Head Nec and uses Disease.

-Anxiety

he still would have to know who the EG was in this case. IF you were the mummy wouldn't you target path tonight? probally who the EG is guarding tonight, correct?

Mummy attacks path, blocked by EG, EG is killed by mummy.

head nec tries disease on path, blocked by EG, failed kill
Old 06-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #2234
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. Got anyway for us to verify that? I thought there some sort of compelling logic as to how you couldn't be evil back on day 2 when you last had a scan. And I concocted some far fetched scenario that could still make you evil. But I didn't view that as likely. I'm just not remembering what made it so I had to concoct schemes.

If I'm not the soothsayer then who is? Wouldn't someone come out with a conflicting claim? Also, why would I use my role to be clearing people if I were evil? I can think of much better uses of my time if I were evil than clearing multiple people. Also, I think it is prevailing wisdom that if you were scanned by Blade, I was scanned by Blade.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #2235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think we have to trust him barkeep if we have our current circle of trust built on a deck of cards...

If we are to assume that Blade did scan Dubbs and you, it means both of you were ok. Dubbs vouched for Lathum and Sndvls meaning those two are ok. You said you can vouch for one other person you have not mentioned yet as well.

If you remove either Blade or Dubbs from that trust and it all comes tumbling down.

Im not saying Dubbs cant be evil, but if he is, well our circle of trust is back to day 1.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #2236
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
he still would have to know who the EG was in this case. IF you were the mummy wouldn't you target path tonight? probally who the EG is guarding tonight, correct?

head nec tries disease on path, can't be blocked by EG, path dies in 2 days, but we keep EG

sorry correction
Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #2237
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

head nec tries disease on path, blocked by EG, failed kill

The EG will be on his own tonight, but frankly I'm a little surprised to still be here (though really I appear to be much more of a figurehead than actually useful). I still suspect that if disease has been used I was the most likely target since two days ago I was still the only revealed role.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #2238
Tyrith
College Starter

Disease gives two more days to cast votes than a mummy kill.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #2239
path12
Coordinator

Dola, which I only mention because if there are people out there who know something that I do and I can help to clear them, it might behoove to let me know about that sooner than later.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #2240
path12
Coordinator

Should have known I couldn't have gotten the dola in.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #2241
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated votes as of Post #2239:

Fouts - Alan T (1864), Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Saldana (1904), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Kingfc (1956), Path (1967), Anxiety (2200), Dubb (2213)

Alan T - Lathum (1912)

I'll be leaving in about 30 minutes, so if people have requests/questions/actions/whatver between now and the deadline please bring them up ASAP.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #2242
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, I didn't want to do this but...

I am basicly a normal villegar but I have a small role. I am a scavenger and I have the option of twice during the game to loot the possesions of the person who was just killed. I couldn't help but loot blades possesions and without directly quoting my PM i found his notes. They were open to the third page of a spell and I was given the option to complete the spell with 66% success, if I failed I would have been cursed and only had 3 days to live. I figured I may as well try it, hence fouts.

when he returnd from lunch I'm sure he will tell you it was I who sumoned him
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #2243
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Think what you may of me. I'm the one thats not claiming I know anything like Lathum was. I was wrong about Lathum on my feel, but it doesnt change what we do about Fouts. If Fouts really is an avatar then, I really suck this game anyways.

I don't understand how Lathum knows Fouts is good if he is a common villager either unless its something that Barkeep mentioned earlier (brothers with someone who had something to do with Fouts being brought out). I think though that is a stretch, and Fouts is our kill today. Like I have said a hundred times, all I have to go on this game is my hunches, and I was right once and wrong once if we believe Dubbs (which I think we kind of have to since our current circle is built around him)

Lathum knows I'm good, because Lathum summoned me.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #2244
Vince
Pro Starter

You could pencil Vince in as another vanilla villager. I got nothin'.

Did I miss Lathum posting since Dubb has cleared him? What makes Lathum think that Fouts is the Avatar (I believe he said he was 99% sure Fouts is the Avatar)? It would be really f***ed if Dubb and Lathum were in cahoots...

That being said, I have to go. If we trust Dubb, that makes Lathum a vanilla villager. He is 99% sure that Fouts is the Avatar, yet Dubb is still going to vote for Fouts. My conspiracy theory bad-guy-o-meter is going wild on this...if Dubb thinks (knows) that Lathum is a plain old vanilla villager, why doesn't he follow Lathum's advice? If Lathum's a vanilla villager, what in the hell makes him 99% sure that Fouts is an Avatar? I think they're both trying to clear themselves. I don't know why I'm doing this (Werewolf 101 -- keep your head low), but my instincts are screaming at me right now.

Vote Dubb.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #2245
saldana
Pro Starter

vote fouts

i thought i had seen something that gave me reason to believe lathum, and was going to vote for alan, but if the test phrase was "i'm a vanilla villager" and it was true, then my theory is shot to shit, and i got nuthin.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #2246
Vince
Pro Starter

What the f***. Again, this is something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY.

Well, I don't have time to change things, so I'm going to stay the course on my different direction. Good luck guys.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #2247
Fouts
College Starter

Vote Alan T
Old 06-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #2248
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok ok.. unvote Fouts

If I trust dubbs, he cleared Lathum. Lathum cleared Fouts... so I'll unvote

If Fouts ends up the mummy, Lathum lied and that means Dubbs lied

2 bad guys for 1 kill
Old 06-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #2249
Tyrith
College Starter

The amount of activity in this game is pretty insane.

I really hope dubb is on our side, but I can't be convinced of it because we no longer have any way to verify his actions. If he is bad he could certainly try to snake us now. While I'm not advocating anything for today we can't forget dependent on how things go the next day or two. Alan has caused minor alarms in my head ever since his lathum vote yesterday; could have been innocent but could also have been a way of trying to swing our massive train around some other way with a minor push, so currently he's number one on my list for tomorrow. The only other person that I have any gut instinct against right now is Anxiety but I wonder how much of that is past history.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #2250
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think this is a no brainer.. We have 3 people locked in now.

If Fouts is bad, it condemns Lathum and Dubbs. So its worth it to trust their word tonight and unvote him.

If he ends up being good, we have an avatar on our side.