Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #22251
Warhammer
Pro Starter

One of the other problems is two fold:

1) Many companies are putting too many conditions on what they need for a position. I've seen some factory jobs requiring a 4 yr degree (which the worker would never use!).

2) Many of the young kids entering the workforce are not looking at get-your-hands dirty jobs. There are a slew of positions for blue collar tech positions that companies are having a hard time filling because the younger generations don't want to do that sort of work.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #22252
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My current company:

CTO - No college degree.
4/6 Developers - No college degree.
1/1 Network Admin - No college degree.

Most of the best IT folks I've worked with over my 15ish years in the industry either have no degree, or if they do, it's unrelated. There's just not much in most development jobs that one can learn in a college classroom - at least not how it's presently taught.

IMO, if colleges had a software development program that functioned more like a classic trade school, graduates would enter the job market much more prepared.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-06-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #22253
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
My current company:

CTO - No college degree.
4/6 Developers - No college degree.
1/1 Network Admin - No college degree.

Most of the best IT folks I've worked with over my 15ish years in the industry either have no degree, or if they do, it's unrelated. There's just not much in most development jobs that one can learn in a college classroom - at least not how it's presently taught.

IMO, if colleges had a software development program that functioned more like a classic trade school, graduates would enter the job market much more prepared.

I'd agree with this. I have two bachelor degrees and a master's degree. My first employer in IT basically saw my college background as a sign that I was a motivated worker and put me in an eight week IT training class to get me up and going. Spent 12 years in the industry after having no experience in IT during my six years in college. The skill set can be taught. The main thing is getting the right people in place to learn and implement it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #22254
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
There are a slew of positions for blue collar tech positions that companies are having a hard time filling because the younger generations don't want to do that sort of work.

Damned if I run across many that want to do any sort of work.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #22255
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
1) Many companies are putting too many conditions on what they need for a position. I've seen some factory jobs requiring a 4 yr degree (which the worker would never use!).
This is DEFINITELY the case - I remember seeing adverts for C# developers when it'd first come out which required 4 years experience in a language which had only been out for a couple of years

Quote:
2) Many of the young kids entering the workforce are not looking at get-your-hands dirty jobs. There are a slew of positions for blue collar tech positions that companies are having a hard time filling because the younger generations don't want to do that sort of work.
I agree totally - this is one of the reasons I've told my daughter (19) that she's getting a job during the summer next year, she's never had one and won't truly appreciate her career unless she has more mundane jobs to compare it to ... as such it might sound odd, but I want her to spend several months stacking shelves or cleaning toilets ... it'll make her appreciate her career all the more once she graduates.

PS - For the record my full resume would include such jobs as: Stock Filler, Factory Worker and would include toilet cleaner ... but the 17 year old me was turned down for that one
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #22256
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I expect you're not being serious - but yes we are presently ... if you go to sigames.com you'll see what positions are open.

You guys need to open a satellite office in the U.S. Somewhere near (me) Portland, Maine would be ideal.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #22257
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
You guys need to open a satellite office in the U.S. Somewhere near (me) Portland, Maine would be ideal.

I think you're in the wrong Portland for the US soccer hotbed

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #22258
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Lets not kid ourselves, tho. Very few companies, especially larger ones, want to significantly train within. They want commoditized labor- cheap (or expensive) replaceable parts. Whereas it's a significant investment for a smaller company to go find new hires and, as such, have more invested in keeping an individual trained and happy, larger companies have "streamlined" hiring so it's not nearly as big an ordeal for them.

Every larger organization I've been a part of or contracted to was working towards simplifying individual components so labor costs were lower and more controlled.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #22259
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
This is DEFINITELY the case - I remember seeing adverts for C# developers when it'd first come out which required 4 years experience in a language which had only been out for a couple of years

I agree totally - this is one of the reasons I've told my daughter (19) that she's getting a job during the summer next year, she's never had one and won't truly appreciate her career unless she has more mundane jobs to compare it to ... as such it might sound odd, but I want her to spend several months stacking shelves or cleaning toilets ... it'll make her appreciate her career all the more once she graduates.

PS - For the record my full resume would include such jobs as: Stock Filler, Factory Worker and would include toilet cleaner ... but the 17 year old me was turned down for that one

My Dad was always willing to pull strings to get us jobs. The problem was his strings led to jobs like grave maintenance, sludge pond maintenance and road crew. By the time I saw my three brothers go through this, I found my own job at a grocery store.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #22260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I firmly believe everyone should have a nice mundane job for a couple years in HS or at worst during summers in early college years. It really sets your head on straight.

My full resume would start in elementary school (4th grade) when I was a paperboy for our local neighborhood. Every morning. Rain, snow, etc. Been working ever since.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-06-2014 at 11:52 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #22261
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Writing software is a lot like translating language. If you understand algorithms and solving problems, learning to code isn't insurmountable.

Code is definitely the easy part, it's algorithms and data structures that so many self-taught programmers seem to have trouble with. For so many kids that want to go into game programming (and for many of them that means "I want to work on Call of Duty!" which affects this list), when I tell them they should take physics, calculus, algorithms, and data structures, they don't believe me, they think they can just take those l33t web hacker skillz and get cracking.

There are definitely exceptions, though, and depending on the particular programming job you might get away just fine with l33t hacker skillz. The programmers that have a natural feel for algorithms and data structures without formal training are great to find...
Old 01-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #22262
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
The problem is a lot of those jobs are never coming back, either due to technological gains or more lean companies. Its a real problem that I have no clue how to solve.

I've been blessed to never have to be on unemployment, so i have a question - are those on unemployment required to do any sort of community service or other work while getting benefits? I suppose this sort of thing could vary state to state, but I think if those on benefits were required to work one day a week cleaning parks, working in animal shelters, whatever, others would be more willing to fund extended unemployment. And don't tell me people can't look for jobs then - no one spends 40 hours a week searching.

I didn't see anyone answer this yet. The only requirement for a person on unemployment is to make sufficient "job contacts" in a week. In Wisconsin, that is 2 contacts. A contact can be as simple as sending your resume in response to an online posting. Community service is not a requirement. Working anywhere that pays you can cause problems with unemployment benefits. At the very least, it causes confusion on filing for benefits. It is better for an unemployed person to not work at all if they can't work enough to at least cover the unemployment benefits.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #22263
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I firmly believe everyone should have a nice mundane job for a couple years in HS or at worst during summers in early college years. It really sets your head on straight.

My full resume would start in elementary school (4th grade) when I was a paperboy for our local neighborhood. Every morning. Rain, snow, etc. Been working ever since.
Agree 1000%. From age 14 to 20, I worked on a farm, refereed soccer, umped baseball, painted exteriors for business, did construction, stocked inventory at retail stores, sold computers and wrote for my college paper. Finally, at age 21, I got a summer internship with Honeywell for my "career". If you can learn a decent work ethic between the ages of 14-19, you will be more successful than most - independent of whatever arena you enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Lets not kid ourselves, tho. Very few companies, especially larger ones, want to significantly train within. They want commoditized labor- cheap (or expensive) replaceable parts. Whereas it's a significant investment for a smaller company to go find new hires and, as such, have more invested in keeping an individual trained and happy, larger companies have "streamlined" hiring so it's not nearly as big an ordeal for them.

Every larger organization I've been a part of or contracted to was working towards simplifying individual components so labor costs were lower and more controlled.
That was the model 2-3 years ago, but a lot of companies are investing more in their own workers. The company I am Manager at now has done this with 3-4 different people. What you find is it's much better to "promote within" and train a motivated employee that knows your business and doesn't make a ton than deal with big salary "authorities" on certain subjects that want a ton of money and want to redo everything you have setup because they feel they know best.

We had a DBA open position and got three qualified guys with a ton of EXP who wanted top line money. They each made it to our final round of interviews and each had massive changes they wanted to do to make our systems better. The cost to do this would have been massive (man hours + software/hardware). So, instead, we promoted a guy who was a hardware tech but a very good problem solver. In a year, he has become a very good DBA and makes a fair salary now (because he doesn't have the 5-7 years yet to demand more). Plus, we didn't have to buy one piece of hardware as he understands we don't sell database jobs/procedures - we sell wafers

Sometimes "good enough and cheap" is better than "perfect and expensive". That's something a lot of high-paid experts don't like to explore.

Last edited by Arles : 01-06-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #22264
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I agree with you that I think it's typically better to invest in your own people at least for anything more than entry level (entry level- just find the correct attitudes and a real base level of competence as you can teach the rest, and you build yourself a competent farm system for recruiting up the ladder). I just don't think most large companies see it that way

SI

Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #22265
Edward64
Head Coach

Call me jaded but I think its very difficult to train an older worker in non-tech to tech. Younger kids can absorb and adapt. In my experience, older workers do not make this transition as successfully or at all.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-06-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #22266
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Call me jaded but I think its very difficult to train an older worker in non-tech to tech. Younger kids can absorb and adapt. In my experience, older workers do not make this transition as successfully or at all.

Depends on the mentality of the individual, their willingness to learn and mentality in my opinion - on my Computer Science course at university was a REALLY inspirational lass in her 50's who was frankly awesome, I don't think she was the best programmer out of us - but her attitude, passion and general approach was fantastic and I learnt a lot from her.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #22267
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
We had a DBA open position and got three qualified guys with a ton of EXP who wanted top line money. They each made it to our final round of interviews and each had massive changes they wanted to do to make our systems better. The cost to do this would have been massive (man hours + software/hardware). So, instead, we promoted a guy who was a hardware tech but a very good problem solver. In a year, he has become a very good DBA and makes a fair salary now (because he doesn't have the 5-7 years yet to demand more). Plus, we didn't have to buy one piece of hardware as he understands we don't sell database jobs/procedures - we sell wafers

Sometimes "good enough and cheap" is better than "perfect and expensive". That's something a lot of high-paid experts don't like to explore.

Yup, I tell the guys I work with right now that the our business is cutting back on funds. That means the old days when we could have the best software tools and the best engineers are over. Can you work with the open frameworks and build and use what we need or do I need to get the fully-built software and get a cheap IT dude to maintain it. The choice is yours. And they usually agree to go with the less expensive software solution.

Basically: "Do you want badass software or badass engineers?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

I mostly agree. But there are some brilliant old dudes out there too. Depends a lot on time, passion, and frame of mind.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #22268
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Christie Aide Tied To Bridge Lane Closings

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-08-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #22269
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

Don't be shocked if we eventually learn that this information was casually mentioned to the NYT and others by Republicans.

I'd be downright giddy to see this waste of protoplasm relegated to being a footnote.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #22270
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Don't be shocked if we eventually learn that this information was casually mentioned to the NYT and others by Republicans.

I'd be downright giddy to see this waste of protoplasm relegated to being a footnote.

Yeah, I'm not so sure that being the candidate of all people (i.e. appealing to both sides) is a good idea if you're a politician in this climate. Then you've got both sides looking to sabotage your campaign.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #22271
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

The emails came via FOIA requests by several media organizations. The original story started via the Ft. Lee mayor complaining about the "study" being political payback.

If this sinks Christie it will be an amazing fumble. He was going to win the election by a landslide, and that was obvious months before this. He had no need to use any dirty tricks to win.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #22272
molson
General Manager

Your move, Jeb Bush!

Edit: I think Christie is the only electable Republican presidential candidate and my gut reaction is that this will blow over and some staffer will take the fall.

Last edited by molson : 01-08-2014 at 01:12 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:48 PM   #22273
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
While the emails do not establish that the governor himself called for the lane closings, they do show his staff was intimately involved

Just like the Barksdale crew in The Wire, you always keep the top dog away from any means of communication that can be traced/recorded.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #22274
bhlloy
Coordinator

That is unbelievably fucked up though. Hopefully nobody died in the back of an ambulance but at best it made thousands of commuters lives hell for a couple of days. I wonder if you could make a criminal case out of it somewhere
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #22275
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

After reading the article, unless it's proven that Christie had direct knowledge of what was going on or approved of it I don't think this will be enough to sink him. It will be more akin to the IRS targeting conservatives groups.

On another note apparently a lot of the documents released had redacted information. If the released parts are this juicy, what wasn't released?
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #22276
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

BREAKING NEWS: Man who sincerely and honestly believes that he, personally, should be the most powerful man on Earth has issues with narcissism and abuse of power.

I know that it is important to do our due diligence and report all of these things. But, really, it's more surprising when people with naked ambition for the presidency don't have this kind of stuff in their past than when they do.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-08-2014 at 07:45 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #22277
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That is unbelievably fucked up though. Hopefully nobody died in the back of an ambulance but at best it made thousands of commuters lives hell for a couple of days. I wonder if you could make a criminal case out of it somewhere

Civil suit?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #22278
bhlloy
Coordinator

Oh undoubtably a ton of civil suits coming - you know there's somebody who missed a plane or got in trouble for being late to work who is already lining this up. Usually I'd moan about a litigious society but in this case I hope they get burned.

And I agree they will never touch Christie for this, but the people on the email are toast
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #22279
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
After reading the article, unless it's proven that Christie had direct knowledge of what was going on or approved of it I don't think this will be enough to sink him. It will be more akin to the IRS targeting conservatives groups.

On another note apparently a lot of the documents released had redacted information. If the released parts are this juicy, what wasn't released?

This is much bigger than the IRS thing, since it involved more than a local office. It involved someone in Christie's office who was a Deputy Chief of Staff. It'd be as if the IRS decision was made by someone who worked in the West Wing.

It won't touch Christie, but it's bad nonetheless. It shows questionable executive decision making. He's either lying about it, has no idea what's going on in his office, or has questionable judgment on who he places in higher positions of authority.

If the NJ US Attorney has political inspirations, he can do what Christie did--start a corruption investigation.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #22280
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This first broke 117 days ago. Since then he's accepted the resignation of two Port Authority employees. Now he's shocked that something happened and he was lied to?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #22281
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Man who sincerely and honestly believes that he, personally, should be the most powerful man on Earth has issues with narcissism and abuse of power.

I know that it is important to do our due diligence and report all of these things. But, really, it's more surprising when people with naked ambition for the presidency don't have this kind of stuff in their past than when they do.

Yeah- I guess it's a slow news cycle.

SI

Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #22282
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure I believe Christie, but he's doing a very good job in his press conference. He's striking just the right tone, IMO.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #22283
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm not sure I believe Christie, but he's doing a very good job in his press conference. He's striking just the right tone, IMO.

It could just be that I am from NJ, but the Letterman top 10 last night was pretty epic. I recommend youtubing it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #22284
Galaxy
Coordinator

Rather poor jobs report. Not good.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #22285
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

And November's was better than expected. Your point?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #22286
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So where is this Christie news coming from? I can come up with 3 possible explanations but I'm sure there are more:
1) GOP wants to bury him before he gets a chance to get out there
2) Christie wants to float some of these things to get them out of the way now as opposed to closer to 2016
3) The Clinton machine is getting an early start.

SI

Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #22287
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So where is this Christie news coming from? I can come up with 3 possible explanations but I'm sure there are more:
1) GOP wants to bury him before he gets a chance to get out there
2) Christie wants to float some of these things to get them out of the way now as opposed to closer to 2016
3) The Clinton machine is getting an early start.

SI

It's too early for #1 or #3. They would wait until closer to the primary and try to sink him right before Iowa/NH. For #2, his press conferences before the e-mails were released don't make sense.

I think this is just a snowball effect of the initial story. For instance, there is a story out now about Christie cancelling a meeting with the Jersey City mayor after a declined endorsement. That would get zero attention before this scandal, but now every little thing like that becomes a story because it's tied to the main story and it fits the Christie bully narrative.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #22288
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

A commentary I read (sorry, can't remember the link) posits that it's not motivated by a political rival (current or potential), but has blown up because Christie's a juicy target for the press, and any indication that there's fire behind the smoke has been enough for them to try and press home their advantage.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #22289
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

One does wonder what effect this will have on Hillary Clinton. Obviously the Clintons have had enemy lists and petty reprisals. Wonder if that sort of thing will come out with Hillary in the Democratic Primary, or if they are liking that this is so early in the Presidential race that it'll be super old news by the time everyone is running.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #22290
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
One does wonder what effect this will have on Hillary Clinton. Obviously the Clintons have had enemy lists and petty reprisals. Wonder if that sort of thing will come out with Hillary in the Democratic Primary, or if they are liking that this is so early in the Presidential race that it'll be super old news by the time everyone is running.

That got dealt with way back when Bill won two terms. It will be an issue if the opponent is any good, but as we've seen from both sides if you trot out a lousy candidate, it doesn't matter what the other guy has done, he'll / she'll still win.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #22291
Edward64
Head Coach

Waiting to see the details, but a good thing to get rid of the uncertainty

Congressional leaders back $1 trillion spending bill - CNN.com
Quote:
Washington (CNN) -- Congressional leaders say they have agreed on a roughly $1 trillion spending bill that will fund the U.S. government through the end of the 2014 budget year.

Shaking off three years of a bitter partisan freeze, Democratic and Republican negotiators unveiled the $1.012 trillion spending deal Monday night.
:
:
The measure follows the guidelines laid out in the budget agreement Congress passed in December.

In a joint statement, the Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate appropriations committees said the bill "keeps the government open and eliminates the uncertainty and economic instability of stop-gap governing."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #22292
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It's sad that we've gotten to the oint where passing a spending bill for one year is cause to break out the hallelujahs.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #22293
Buccaneer
Head Coach

A step in the right direction - a proposed budget that is actually lower than the previous year (years?).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #22294
Thomkal
Head Coach

amazing that the fact that the mid-term elections are coming and both sides need the support of the voters, so finally "positive" things can happen now after more gridlock than ever before.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #22295
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan;2149426 [SIZE=4
on 10/21/2009[/size]]Interesting discussion going on about the official government website. It appears that the administration only cares about your opinion on health reform if you support the administration's position. There is a button on the front page where you can click on it to voice support for the bill, but no place to click if you want to voice your opposition. This wouldn't be a big deal if it was on the White House site, but they've set up a separate, taxpayer-funded .gov website to make it appear unaffiliated with the White House.

Health Reform
whiskey....tango...foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by An email I received a few minutes ago

To: Webmaster
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:09 PM
Subject: broken health resource link on your site

Hi, My name is {redacted}, and I’m working on writing a guide to help individuals understand their health care options under the Affordable Care Act. I’m gathering quite a few resources, and firstly want to say thank you for all the valuable information you provide on your site.

I also wanted to let you know that I found a link on your site that doesn’t seem to be working. It’s a link to http://www.healthreform.gov/ (found on this page: The Obama Presidency - 2008 & 2012 - Page 123 - Front Office Football Central, which was archived when the Affordable Care Act became law. This page has replaced it: Health Insurance Marketplace, Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov, which I thought would be helpful to you in case you’d like to update the broken link.

I’ve also found a few other resources that I thought you may want to link to. These have been really useful to me, so I’m passing them on in hopes you’ll agree they would be useful and helpful to others via your site:

Affordable Care Act: Obamacare & Health Reform Facts: Affordable Care Act: Obamacare & Health Reform Facts | Kaiser Permanente

Understanding the Impact of Obamacare on Medicare: eHealth Medicare Infographics

What does Marketplace health insurance cover?
What does Marketplace health insurance cover, Essential Health Benefits | HealthCare.gov

Affordable Care Act: State-by-State Impact: State by State | HHS.gov/healthcare

The Lifestyle Revolutionaries Guide to Addiction Intervention: http://www.lakeviewhealth.com/InterventionGuide.pdf

I hope you’re able to use these on your site!

If you are looking for more info, I’d be happy to show you my guide when I’ve finished it! I’m hoping it will be very useful. Or if you know of any other resources that might help, I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks so much! Hope you’re able to use these resources. All my best,

{full name, address, work phone, and email address redacted}

P.S. If you’re not updating the site right now or if you’d just rather not worry about adding new links, please do let me know in an email response and I won’t contact you again.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #22296
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to go with "I'm confused"

SI

Old 01-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #22297
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My guess is that they took the referral logs from healthreform dot gov and sent a mass email to admins of sites that had a link to the page that had been clicked since the site went offline.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 01-16-2014 at 01:59 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #22298
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Redacted = Steve Bollea.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #22299
gstelmack
Pro Starter

At least SOMEONE thinks we have valuable information on our site...
Old 01-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #22300
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I can't believe they made it to the site and didn't get sidetracked by the Cool Images thread...
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote