Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #2151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
The same man you just thanked, actually.

Apparently, his little birds say I'm to blame for it, no less. As I've said before, and as I'll say again - House Stark not only has not ever sent an assassin, I was expressly forbidden to do so. I'm sure you've sent maesters to my lands - you really think I wouldn't have sent legions of killers out had it been otherwise?

Likely changes little at this point, but I will not go down with my honor stained with the taint of assassinations.

Lord Baelish is not forbidden to do so I would expect.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #2152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nor is Lord Tyrion I would expect.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #2153
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Very true.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #2154
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
As I've said before, and as I'll say again - House Stark not only has not ever sent an assassin, I was expressly forbidden to do so. I'm sure you've sent maesters to my lands - you really think I wouldn't have sent legions of killers out had it been otherwise?

Likely changes little at this point, but I will not go down with my honor stained with the taint of assassinations.

I have no reason to doubt your word and will accept this as true.

You certainly have had the gold to do so. Mine has tended to go to the poor, mercenaries and investments (though by and large those have not paid off well due to raids/invasions).

I was not forbidden to hire assassins, but have not been close to the sum required for the faceless man.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #2155
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I do find it curious Lord Stark that you chose to make our conversation public. Lord Renly's thanks were for an entirely unrelated matter. Perhaps you are not exercising proper control over the bannermen who act in your name?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2156
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It would have been nice for my kid sister to be available for a little work, but alas, it was not permitted.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #2157
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I do find it curious Lord Stark that you chose to make our conversation public. Lord Renly's thanks were for an entirely unrelated matter. Perhaps you are not exercising proper control over the bannermen who act in your name?

I've little to gain or lose by being secretive at this point - we're past that.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #2158
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

On the contrary - secrets always have their value Lord Stark.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #2159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Bannermen are always free to flee, period.

Indeed. I personally wish that some of the great kings suffer as it has only been the bannermen who have suffered for their liege's ambitions.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #2160
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Indeed. I personally wish that some of the great kings suffer as it has only been the bannermen who have suffered for their liege's ambitions.

I can only speak for myself Cersei, but I have indeed suffered from the loss of my loyal and skilled bannermen.

And their sacrifice for this cause is a prime reason why I cannot bend to another. What is a King who could meekly surrender after seeing his bannermen fall for him?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #2161
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I do not see how any living bannerman who is not an enemy of the realm may flee his liege, Cersei. Perhaps a king may disavow or release the bannerman.

As Cersei noted, at any time, a bannerman may flee his lord's service. Of course, he may then be captured, including by his former lord, and he will never be allowed to rejoin that his original faction.

But it's an option.

Fleeing also has the same affect as being disavowed on your assets (half remain with your former lord).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #2162
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Anyone seen a war somewhere round here?

Deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #2163
Danny
Head Coach

I stand by my king. The mountain men and i will fight and we will conquer
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #2164
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Shagga will be feeding many goats today.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #2165
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Renly retreats to the agrarian southwestern island of The Arbor.

He has sent ravens, calling for aid. But will anyone answer the call?

King Renly's forces gather near Ryamsport, the only settlement of any size on the island, and his moderately-sized fleet patrols the Redwyne Straights between the island the shores of the Reach. The island is too well-beached. He will not be able to keep House Stark from landing on the island and sallying forth.

Sails are sighted on the horizon! Can the Starks have come so soon?

"Greyjoy!" calls the man in the Ryamsport tower. "Greyjoy comes to fight for King Renly!"

Cheers go up from the large House Baratheon of Storm's End host.

The Greyjoys would not come alone.

King Stannis, Renly's bitter rival and older brother, has sailed to join his forces with Renly as well. The forces of the House Baratheon in whole stand together once more.

And last to arrive are the Lannisters, fittingly. It was thought King Joffrey might sit this one out, but he has come, and he, too, will fight against the might that is King Robb Stark.

And so the gathered fleets and armies await the arrival of the Young Wolf.

ALL OF THE KINGS HAVE CHOSEN TO FIGHT WITH KING RENLY AGAINST HOUSE STARK AT THE BATTLE OF THE ARBOR!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #2166
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ryamsport is soon overwhelmed with the sizable armies gathered near the town outskirts. King Renly and his allies number around 120000 men, plus mercenaries.

The Redwyne Straights are thick with ships, primarily Greyjoy and Dragonstone. This is the greatest fleet ever seen to have gathered in the seas around Westeros. There are over 400 ships patrolling the seas around the Arbor.

Soon, Stark ships appear on the horizon. Surely they do not have the numbers to contend with this amassed array of power?

Some 160 ships are spotted flying the Wolf banner, and it it thought the Young Wolf brings some 85000 men, plus mercenaries, with him!

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-14-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #2167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So how is that for a tease?

I am afraid, though, the result will have to wait. I have it ready--but I have to write it up. And I have to knock out a few more files here at work. So I will post the battle results later...

Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #2168
path12
Coordinator

I guess around 20K mountain men then. Pretty good size force, Tyrion.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #2169
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Stannis, Balon and Renly address their army.

[/crimson fox]
Old 06-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #2170
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Northmen Prepare
Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #2171
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
[/crimson fox]

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #2172
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I hope your opponents realise that the pointy end is supposed to go into the enemy not be waved around ineffectively.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #2173
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm rather hoping they don't realize that.

In fact, I'd prefer if they were drunk, naked, and asleep.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #2174
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

That is one of my favorite movies.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2175
The Jackal
Coordinator

Here Come the Greyjoys
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #2176
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And one of the best video game songs ever.

Medieval Total War Music - Viking Mobilize - YouTube
Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #2177
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's pretty sweet.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #2178
Danny
Head Coach

Since we are going to war, I will heed a word of warning to the final bannerman, little finger wants to replace one if you and will stop at nothing to do so.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The great horns and drums sound out the coming battle. Two great fleets maneuver for angles as they sail toward one another.

King Renly's ships and those of his allies clog the Redwyne Straits, and their numbers are so numerous, they still have ships to the west of the Arbor to guard against that approach, and Asha Greyjoy is harrassing the approaching Stark ships from the outskirts.

The Young Wolf is no fool. He knows he cannot win this war on the seas. He does not have the ships to take on this fleet. He will need to make a run for shore.

He gives his command for the fleet to split, and the commander of the new wing of Stark ships knows he likely goes to his death--for King Robb has ordered him to engage the fleet head on and disrupt their progress toward King Robb, while he and the rest of his fleet and armies take on the ships on the west side and force their way through to the Arbor.

The allied ships outnumber the Stark ships in the straits by some four galleys to one. It is an annihilation, although the Stark ship commanders do what they can to delay the inevitable, wth feints and looping approaches.

As the Stark ships burn behind them, Robb Stark and the rest of his fleet engages the ships to the west and Asha's streaking raiders. Whereas back in the straits, it is suicide for a Stark vessel, here the Starks have the advantage. They burst through toward the Arbor, meting out devastation on the allied ships as they go.

Asha Greyjoy attempts to gather her force and cut in on the path to the Arbor's west side beaches, but these Greyjoy ships are not built for such a forceful move. Robb Stark's heavy timber war galleons tear through the force. Arrows fly from the northmen and soon many Greyoy ships are alight, including Asha' own Blackwind.

She is urgently directing men to deal with the flames when an errant shot from the passing Stark ships strikes her in the back. She stumbles to her knees, the arrow protruding from her chest, as Ironborn sailors rush to her aid.

It is too late! Asha Greyjoy dies on the deck of her ship!

Robb Stark lands on the beaches of the Arbor and marches out in full force. King Renly has manned the headlands above the beaches, though, and it proves to be a rough climb for the Northmen.

Overcoming numbers with their ferocity and the support of Tyrion's cunning Mountain Men, the Stark host finally gain a foothold and the rest of their forces pour into the interior of the great island, burning farms and vineyards as they march across the island toward Ryamsport.

The allied Kings all sally forth to meet the Young Wolf. While their advantage is not nearly what it is on the seas, the kings do have a significantly larger forces than the host from Winterfell, so far to the north.

Robb Stark decides the best approach is to charge right into the fray, aiming for the command point of Renly's army, in the hopes of catching the allied Kings unaware and hoping to capture them.

The Stark forces leap forward to the allied lines, forming a sharp, powerful point, even as the opposing flanks recognize the maneuver and run to collapse on the back ends of the Stark lines.

The armies engage! Robb Stark and his men break through the lines of the allied kings, and force themselves deep into the fray! The bright southern sun and oppressive heat blast the field as blood flies and men lay dying. The clash of swords and the screams of men die on the heavy air.

Robb Stark has made his mark on the lines and done much damage to the allied Kings, but, there are just too many to cotend with. The circle of Northmen around him dwindles as the fighting goes on.

A charge of Tyrell knights bursts through the Stark circle at least, and suddenly Robb Stark is face to face with three Highgarden warriors. With a grunt of desperation, he leaps forward, slashing out to his right and chopping through the helmet of one swordsman. He sense a swing at him from behind and deftly ducks below the swing before turning to jam his dagger into the side of the flanking fighter as he swings through.

The third warrior, though, steps forward and Robb is unable to stop him. He clubs Robb on the helmet with a mace, and the King of the North is knocked unconscious!

Tyrion Lannister calls for retreat, as the Stark banner rushes back to their ships. They will get away to fight again--but they leave their King behind.

King Renly and his allies have won the day here. Their numbers proved to be far too much to overcome.

ASHA GREYJOY FALLS TO AN ARROW AT THE BATTLE OF THE ARBOR.

KING ROBB STARK HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY KING RENLY BARATHEON!!

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-15-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #2180
path12
Coordinator

You have fought valiantly, Robb Stark. You have two choices now, you can bend the knee or be executed.

I hope you choose the former, but will accept the latter.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #2181
britrock88
Pro Starter

Too bad I never had a chance to use that dagger I hide so well...

and I least I met my demise with the backing of the Immigrant Song.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #2182
The Jackal
Coordinator

Rest well with the Drowned God, daughter.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #2183
Autumn
Head Coach

Very disappointing. I was sure it would be Tyrion who caught an arrow. Now we will see how proud Robb Stark is.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #2184
Danny
Head Coach

So will I be the new king of the north?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #2185
Danny
Head Coach

Just finished watching season 3 and I am sad

*Tyrion has killed himself.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #2186
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You have fought valiantly, Robb Stark. You have two choices now, you can bend the knee or be executed.

I hope you choose the former, but will accept the latter.

Oh no. No no. No no no no no.

By the Old Gods and the New, I curse you, Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Balon Greyjoy, Joffrey Lannister. May your penises wither. May your bones crack. May you watch your legions drown in their own blood. Old Gods and New, I offer you their limbs, their heads, their mouths, their speech, their hands, their livers, their hearts, their stomachs. Old Gods and New, let me see them suffer deeply, and I will rejoice and sacrifice to you.

None of you are fit to rule.

Robb Stark takes the black.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #2187
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah honorable choice for a man too proud to bend the knee. Perhaps I will visit you at the Wall one day.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #2188
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh no. No no. No no no no no.

By the Old Gods and the New, I curse you, Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Balon Greyjoy, Joffrey Lannister. May your penises wither. May your bones crack. May you watch your legions drown in their own blood. Old Gods and New, I offer you their limbs, their heads, their mouths, their speech, their hands, their livers, their hearts, their stomachs. Old Gods and New, let me see them suffer deeply, and I will rejoice and sacrifice to you.

None of you are fit to rule.

Robb Stark takes the black.

(ooc) I love this but is that a choice when you are captured? (/ooc)
Old 06-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #2189
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

(Per the rules, it's effectively the same as being executed - you're out of the game either way. Just more flair that way.)
Old 06-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #2190
path12
Coordinator

I blame Sunday morning fogginess. Makes total sense.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #2191
Danny
Head Coach

So am I now the king of the north?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #2192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So am I now the king of the north?

No, just King of the Dwarf.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #2193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

With King Robb Stark's decision to take the black, all Stark lands are now free holds.

Every King and lord can go to a land to claim it as his own. Whichever one comes to it with the most men will claim that land. Mercs don't count and neither do ships.

You can only claim one land per day, so choose with care. You can just send me where you're going in a PM if you like.

The House Stark lands which are now freeholds:

Winterfell
The Dreadfort
Karhold
Rivverrun
Deepwood Motte
The Twins
Summerhall
Casterly Rock

ALL PMs are out. DAY THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PDT MONDAY

Old 06-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #2194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A couple character notes:

Tyrion Lannister is now (again) a free man with no lord.

Littlefinger has healed from his wounds from the assassination attempt and has returned to his duties as Master of Coin.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #2195
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

RICHEST LANDS (Blue coastal, Green landbound)

Casterly Rock (Free), Highgarden (Renly Baratheon), King's Landing (Joffrey Baratheon), Riverrun (Free), Storm's End (Renly Baratheon), Winterfell (Free)

WEALTHY LANDS

Brightwater Keep (Stannis Baratheon), Dragonstone (Stannis Baratheon), The Dreadfort (Free), Harrenhal (Joffrey Baratheon)

PRODUCTIVE LANDS

Blackhaven (Renly Baratheon), Duskendale (Stannis Baratheon), The Karhold (Free), Maidenpool (Renly Baratheon)

MODERATE LANDS

The Arbor (Renly Baratheon), Crakehall (Joffrey Baratheon), Summerhall (Free), The Twins (Free)

POOREST LANDS

Clegane's Keep (Joffrey Baratheon), Deepwood Motte (Free), Fairhaven (Joffrey Baratheon), Parchments (Renly Baratheon), Cape Wrath (Davos Seaworthy)
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #2196
path12
Coordinator

To the other Kings -- guessing game or do you want to coordinate land grabs?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #2197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF is this game really still going on?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #2198
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
WTF is this game really still going on?

[ooc] Hell yeah!! [/ooc]
Old 06-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #2199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Longest WW game EVER!!! [/ooc]
Old 06-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #2200
Autumn
Head Coach

A land grab would most likely result in one or more battles being fought, probably not wise.