Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #2151
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I thought it was assumed that Dr. Doom leads us in name only. You really aren't planning to put aside your mission to destroy Galactus just to soothe his fears, are you? For how long are you willing to let Galactus threaten the earth to place the Doctor's fragile ego?

Technically, I have no problem not going up against Galactus since that will effectively take me out of the game (unless somebody can bring me back from the dead *cough* *cough*). Are you trying to goad me?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #2152
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
If those who were suggested to go on the Galactus mission follow thourh we have mor than enough power there. I want to see the rebellion stopped so I am going to not so respectfully decline the suggestion from Dr. Doom and chose a different mission.

My talents were wasted last night in a guard mission (I only say wasted as there was no attack on Emma Frost). With that said, night guard duty is quite suited for some of my talents. When the moon arises I feel the power within me grow and my hunger for rebellious blood intensifies.

Go on Egypt Rebellion Mission

This post alarms me since Khonsu is a moon/night god in the mythologies I've studied. To deny Lord Doom so he can go on what may be the most important mission for us given this statement of how his power grows at night great concerns me.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #2153
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I stated 2, possibly 3 times that I only used 1 ep to attack Torch. The intent being to present the possibility that my single point attacks did 6 points of damage when in fact it cost me 3 points to do so.

You feared that using 3 points of energy would somehow leave you in a weakened state on the first day? Even with your participation in the day 1 mission against the rebels, I find this claim specious at best. Especially considering that the mighty Colossus is undoubtedly is impervious to most, if not all, physical attacks.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #2154
Mimic
High School JV

So Colossus, what is your take on Kang?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #2155
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
You said you hit with the minimum; then, 2 days later, you changed your story. You lied. Your excuse for lying is that you intuited something was wrong with the Torch -- after we all had found out that there was something, indeed, wrong with the Torch. Had you told the truth from the start, you would have been vindicated. Since you lied at first, your subsequent justification strikes me as...wanting.

Your bluster now merely confirms my beliefs.

Your logic makes no sense, if I had been HONEST to begin with you all would have eliminated me the next night for being a rebel and trying to kill someone on the sly.

You want to try thinking that through again?

You say I'm bad because I tried to kill a bad guy, then lied to protect myself when weakened.

I can deal with it if you dislike the fact that I lied to you, but you're being foolish indeed if you think I would have admitted the lie if in fact I were a rebel. As you can see it created suspicion. I may be many things, stupid ois not one of them.

Have you been hanging around Victor too much?
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #2156
HenryPym
Mascot

So where do we stand on the missions? who is confirmed as going on one so we can see where we may need to add more.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #2157
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Indeed, she is, Mimic. Now that you threaten to win the Rebel Mission she is suddenly eager to take care of it herself. Interesting that she had a different approach to missions until now. Now we are led to believe that she can help us destroy Galactus by herself, or win the Rebel mission by herself. Other days when commanded by Doom to serve, she begs off. It is clear she does not wish you to complete this mission, as it would be the case for any rebel.

If your professions are correct Witch, then you can aid the Galactus mission and win it for us while Mimic wins the other.

Doom may change his mind before night falls, but as yesterday, still Doom aims his gauntlet at the Witch.

DOOM ATTACKS SCARLET WITCH WITH MAGIC
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #2158
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
You feared that using 3 points of energy would somehow leave you in a weakened state on the first day? Even with your participation in the day 1 mission against the rebels, I find this claim specious at best. Especially considering that the mighty Colossus is undoubtedly is impervious to most, if not all, physical attacks.

I spent 2 days with basically no energy to use overnight. I could not use my defensive abilities because I HAD gone on a mission each day. You bet your electromagnetic ass I was worried about being attacked. I'm resistant, not impervious.

As for what you find specious, I really don;t care one way or the other. If you choose to believe me bad then you choose stupidly and without evidence to show it. I cannot be blamed for your mistakes.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #2159
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Technically, I have no problem not going up against Galactus since that will effectively take me out of the game (unless somebody can bring me back from the dead *cough* *cough*). Are you trying to goad me?

I'm definitely not trying to goad you. The spoils of victory are yours for the taking. Sure, they may result in death, but they will still be there. If you're going to let them slip away based on an order from the Doctor who is obviously out of his league, then the loss is none but yours. I'll simply destroy Galactus by assisting a gang of these "Heroes" instead.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #2160
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
So where do we stand on the missions? who is confirmed as going on one so we can see where we may need to add more.

I am going on the mission to crush the rebellion. That statue will be so much sand when I'm done with it.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #2161
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Indeed, she is, Mimic. Now that you threaten to win the Rebel Mission she is suddenly eager to take care of it herself. Interesting that she had a different approach to missions until now. Now we are led to believe that she can help us destroy Galactus by herself, or win the Rebel mission by herself. Other days when commanded by Doom to serve, she begs off. It is clear she does not wish you to complete this mission, as it would be the case for any rebel.

If your professions are correct Witch, then you can aid the Galactus mission and win it for us while Mimic wins the other.

Doom may change his mind before night falls, but as yesterday, still Doom aims his gauntlet at the Witch.

You want me to kill Galactus today? Sure. Withdraw your attack first.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #2162
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

Vic, I think you're wrong here. I don't think she ever said she could destroy Galactus by herself or win the Rebel mission by herself. She has said that she can help greatly.

And she only said this because I said I was going to expend enough energy to make stopping Galactus tomorrow together (her and me) not a possibility. I would be willing to bet that she has begged off to conserve her own energy to boost my power and now that she can use some of her stored energy she has made these statements.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #2163
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Avoiding death through vague and grandiose promises that never come true. You are as predictable as The Hulk, Scarlet Witch. If you wish to hold the earth hostage, do as you wish. You are not Doom's only hope.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #2164
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I am going on the mission to crush the rebellion. That statue will be so much sand when I'm done with it.

How much sand is that?

Anyhow, what are your feelings on Kang? Has he been giving you good vibes, bad vibes, or indifferent?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #2165
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
This post alarms me since Khonsu is a moon/night god in the mythologies I've studied. To deny Lord Doom so he can go on what may be the most important mission for us given this statement of how his power grows at night great concerns me.

I too am worried about Aardwolf's blatant disobedience with regards to his orders today. I fear he is a traitor on the verge of sabotage.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #2166
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

No, Mimic. While in the past she declared that she can greatly boost mission success, now that you are in danger of destroying the rebels, she claims heightened powers. You can see right above that she now vows to destroy Galactus. We have attacked Galactus with a band of Heroes every day, what has stopped her from destroying Galactus then, or at least suggesting that she could?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #2167
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

ooc: can we get a mission commit list, anyone, anyone?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #2168
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

Bolded another example of your foolish leadership, Doom. Is this mere posturing, or do you really require me to prove you wrong here? I had earlier maintained that I will ensure success in the rebel mission today, then ensure success against Galactus tomorrow. It was AFTER that that you ordered Mimic to toil against the rebels today, ensuring that he will NOT be able to defeat Galactus tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #2169
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Alas Vision, in my further research (I asked the mods) I determined I would have no effect on Galactus's armor. I assume the answer will be the same for you as well, but you should ask just in case.

Henry, I have also discovered this information in advance of our attack.

Nonetheless we shall engage to the extent of our capabilities!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #2170
Mimic
High School JV

Cable/Hank, that's what I've been saying!

Vic, you make good points but I think perhaps she is writing from emotion rather than anything else.

*shrug* Just so you know, I can't defeat Galactus by myself. Like you say, there are other options out there and if I can defeat the Rebels today I will.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #2171
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom will return shortly.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #2172
hoopsguy
General Manager

Currently opting in for Mission:
Post #2020 - GhostRider
Post #2027 - Colossus
Post #2038 - Quicksilver
Post #2084 - SilverSurfer
Post #2099 - Aardwolf
Post #2126 - Mimic

Currently opting in for Galactus:
Post #2069 - Cable
Post #2090 - Kang
Post #2100 - Vision
Post #2101 - JeanGrey
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #2173
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Avoiding death through vague and grandiose promises that never come true. You are as predictable as The Hulk, Scarlet Witch. If you wish to hold the earth hostage, do as you wish. You are not Doom's only hope.

And Mimic is not my only hope. Either way, Galactus will be defeated, whether it be by Mimic, or by others in his place. If you don't want to withdraw your attack, that's fine. But you've exposed yourself as having ordered a HUGE waste of resources, because you wouldn't withdraw an attack that can easily be placed again after the mission is over. No one will buy that, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a revolt destroy your already-crumbling leadership after your actions today.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #2174
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Scarlet Witch, I don't wish to butt into family affairs but as a person who kind of likes driving his Harley around on this big rock, so even though you two may be spatting, could you help a biker out and kindly save the world so I can keep enjoying my cheerleader?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #2175
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

You refuse to defeat the greatest menace to the planet because Lord Doom won't withdraw an attack. You are either petty, foolish, treacherous or serving other forces. Bah, enough with you.

Henry Pym it seems we will indeed need you against Galactus for Beast, Hulk and Aardwolf have not joined the mission.

Many are missing from the other mission as well. Doom can only hope they return in time. Mimic and Scarlet Witch, your respective aid on the missions today may be critical.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #2176
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Your logic makes no sense, if I had been HONEST to begin with you all would have eliminated me the next night for being a rebel and trying to kill someone on the sly.

You want to try thinking that through again?

You say I'm bad because I tried to kill a bad guy, then lied to protect myself when weakened.

I can deal with it if you dislike the fact that I lied to you, but you're being foolish indeed if you think I would have admitted the lie if in fact I were a rebel. As you can see it created suspicion. I may be many things, stupid ois not one of them.

Have you been hanging around Victor too much?

So many holes. Where to start?

You tried to kill someone whom the rebels likely could not identify "on the sly." From the rebel perspective, young Storm was simply someone they knew only as not one of them. I presume the rebels have/had no more knowledge of what extreneous actors there may be on our stage. Ergo, to a rebel, Storm was probably a villager.

Did you try and kill a "bad guy?" Whether the Skrull was good or bad remains unknown. He notified us of the existence of the Herald, which is good. I surmise he had different win conditions, although I think only related to the demise of Galactus and the Herald.

Your justification for lying, that the expenditure of 3 points plus whatever you expended on the mission, which did not appear to be much, left the Mighty Colossus in a weakened state after day 1, is equally pathetic.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #2177
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Scarlet Witch, I don't wish to butt into family affairs but as a person who kind of likes driving his Harley around on this big rock, so even though you two may be spatting, could you help a biker out and kindly save the world so I can keep enjoying my cheerleader?

The responsibility lies in the hands of Doom. I was all set to take care of the rebels -- if Mimic will be doing that, then my efforts will essentially go to waste. I could take on Galactus now. All Doom needs to do is to withdraw an attack which can be redone after the mission is over if he wants me to do this. Perhaps if you begged him, he might be willing to do so.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #2178
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
How much sand is that?

Anyhow, what are your feelings on Kang? Has he been giving you good vibes, bad vibes, or indifferent?

I have no real feel for Kang, good or bad, he has performed his duties well and not given anyone a reason to distrust him at this point.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #2179
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

This is what I currently show for people that have not signed up yet for their appropriate missions:
Rebel Mission
Emma Frost
Firebird
Iron Fist
Mimic

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf - wrong mission
Beast
Henry Pym
Hulk
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #2180
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey Doomy, why don't you make nice with the Witch for a little bit and let her do the work we need against Galactus and let Mimic save us from the rebellion and then see where we stand. I'm inclined to believe that the witch can really help us against Galactus. She's the only one that has said she can that actually appears willing to (Mimic doesn't have the energy yet, Iron Fist hasn't done it, etc.). So, play nice for a little bit to give us all a chance at success today.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #2181
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
[ooc] Even inside these hallowed brackets Doom will haunt you. Doom never shuts up, for he wishes to listen to the voice of genius.

ALL HAIL DOOM[/ooc]

[ ooc - funny shit. ]
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #2182
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Not to state the obvious here, but thats what she meant magnet brain.

What more explanation do you want? I felt torch was bad, I went with my hunch and I hammered him. It left me weakened so I tried to make myself seem more powerful than I was at the time to keep retaliation attacks at bay.

Now, noting the fact that torch was in FACT a bad guy, I have to wonder why you're barking up this metal tree?

So you expected us to believe that your standard attack inflicted 6 points of damage. Do you have defensive powers that require the use of energy? Otherwise all your purported lack of energy means is that you would not be able to strike back, you would be just as vulnerable as ever to attack. In fact, stating that you were very able to crush opponents once you got your energy back actually should encourage your foes to attack you all out on day two so that you could be disposed of before you could bring your mighty power back to attack. Your reasoning lacks logic.

Primarily though, you lied when there was no good reason to do so. Simple self-preservation is not a valid reason for lying if you are loyal. It is akin to claiming to be a seer when you are not, in order to avoid a lynch. So answer me, if someone claims to be a seer to avoid a lynch and it is then revealed that they are not, would you attack them?
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #2183
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Scarlet Witch is perfectly capable of performing her feats regardless of what I do. Judge her by her actions. I have, and thus she is my target today, as yesterday.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #2184
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr. Fantastic, Mimic I believe has committed to the rebel mission. HOpefully Emma will now that she has arrived.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #2185
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom must attend duties in his castle. I hope that all will meet the mission deadline if I do not return.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2186
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
How much sand is that?

Since you've asked 2-3 other people now, we might as well hear your feelings on me, don't you think?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2187
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Can anyone please run the case against Scarlet Witch in a rationale form because I fail to understand it. Is it merely that she chose to withhold her power one day, because, if so, that is something that can be applied to many among us.

I favour overkill on the Egyptian mission to ensure success at the expense of the Galactus mission. Furthermore I think loyalists need to consider their energy reserves, as the loyalists will certainly have been doing so. Having wasted a considerable amount of energy on an attack that most did not bother to join in anything but body I think the rebels should sweat about Galactus for a change.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2188
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. Fantastic, Mimic I believe has committed to the rebel mission. HOpefully Emma will now that she has arrived.

Sorry, missed that one on my newly invented special PDA that I have which inputs all of this data without me having to do so. It has automatically corrected itself with the artificial intelligence that I gave it.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #2189
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I have no real feel for Kang, good or bad, he has performed his duties well and not given anyone a reason to distrust him at this point.

Interesting considering Kang was NOVA blasted by the Human Torch whom you consider bad.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #2190
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:

Quote:
Vic, I think you're wrong here. I don't think she ever said she could destroy Galactus by herself or win the Rebel mission by herself.

Crossposted but apparently she claims just that. We should give her the chance. If she succeeds, great. If not, she will face the consequences.

It is my belief that distateful as I find her, she is unlikely to be a traitor strictly because of her inability to shut her mouth.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #2191
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Since you've asked 2-3 other people now, we might as well hear your feelings on me, don't you think?

I don't know what to think really. I do know that the SuperSkrull (Torch) attacked you for some reason, but since we can't determine why I don't know.

I didn't ask 2-3 other people, I asked Colossus 2-3 times...mostly to trick him into saying what I thought he'd say because I think he forgot the Torch attacked you. *shrug*
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #2192
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Can anyone please run the case against Scarlet Witch in a rationale form because I fail to understand it. Is it merely that she chose to withhold her power one day, because, if so, that is something that can be applied to many among us.

I favour overkill on the Egyptian mission to ensure success at the expense of the Galactus mission. Furthermore I think loyalists need to consider their energy reserves, as the loyalists will certainly have been doing so. Having wasted a considerable amount of energy on an attack that most did not bother to join in anything but body I think the rebels should sweat about Galactus for a change.

I think the biggest case being made against her is that she is being a Scarlet Witch! Basically ruffling Doom's feathers even though he seems to be pretty much cleared, and his actions also seem to show no third party win conditions or the like either as some suggested. I think Doom is being a bit upset at her because with his plan even one person openly defying it might cause the entire thing to implode and become worthless (if he is attempting to do what I think by making sure to use up everyone's action points so they can't be used against us).

Now that said, do I think that this makes her evil? Not really.. I think her over the top approach has put her pretty high there in the spotlight, so I would assume someone with the ability to "seer scan" as it has been called might take the opportunity to look at her early on, which would not be a recipe for her success if she was bad..

I think if anything, I don't necessarily trust her as she hasn't really been overly cooperative, and she may or may not be loyal, but I don't think that makes her necessarily a rebel either.. If anything she's just being overly stubborn.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #2193
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't know what to think really. I do know that the SuperSkrull (Torch) attacked you for some reason, but since we can't determine why I don't know.

I didn't ask 2-3 other people, I asked Colossus 2-3 times...mostly to trick him into saying what I thought he'd say because I think he forgot the Torch attacked you. *shrug*

Oh, and it doesn't make sense that if he was so tuned into the Torch that he would forget this. My two cents.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #2194
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post

I do agree with this, though that point may have been lost in my struggles to bash reason into the head of Dr. Doom. I also favor overkill on the Egyptian mission -- that's why I planned to assist it this morning. However, if Mimic is going to use his considerable energy on that mission, that is already overkill. Mimic is just following orders, but how Dr. Doom does not see this, I do not understand. I am of the opinion that one of Mimic or myself is needed for this mission, but using both of us on it today takes away some of our options for going after Galactus tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #2195
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Order Punisher to Guard Emma Frost, the White Queen

My body shall go on the mission to Egypt but I shall not commit to the mission as I have to previous ones, because, quite frankly, I think it's someone else's turn.

Commit to Egypt Mission
Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #2196
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
This is what I currently show for people that have not signed up yet for their appropriate missions:
Rebel Mission
Emma Frost
Firebird
Iron Fist
Mimic

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf - wrong mission
Beast
Henry Pym
Hulk
Missed this before. I signed up for the Rebel Mission.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #2197
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just in case anyone was referencing the Page 1 post for times, both the Mission and Galactus will be run at 3PM (not 4PM). This is in keeping with the post by Tyrith earlier this morning. Page 1 has been updated to reflect this.

Just about one hour until these are both processed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #2198
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I didn't ask 2-3 other people, I asked Colossus 2-3 times...

Gotcha. I guess I should've looked at who you were talking to when catching up
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #2199
Hulk
n00b

HULK JOIN GALACTUS MISSION!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #2200
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I can sense the powerful one's eyes boring into the back of my neck. I shall leave you all now.