College Starter

vote mccollins
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #2152
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Either way, I'll be able to scan you tomorrow night to see if you are the cultist.

You're conveniently "revealing" yourself quickly after I reveal that he is the cultist. He gives no backing at all to his fake claim (voting, etc.), and gives a desperate last ditch effort to save his skin, or more likely, get the Brutal Wolf lynched.

Regardless, anyone who knows me, realizes that I am telling the truth. If I were a Wolf, why in the blue hell would I stop being undercover, just to reveal the powerless (after reveal) Philosipher?

I'm not going to beg for my life or be sneaky. Believe me or don't. I can't do anything other than what I've done.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #2153
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
This statement is the silliest, and blatantly statement I've seen in WW. It doesn't even have any reasoning behind it.

Reasoning behind it it simple. I obviously have no problem with going after mccollins. As for Danny, Telle is in my CoT so I trust her read on that. PF has been pinging my wolf radar a lot lately so I have no problem there, he was the next one I was voting for. Now you with your fake reveal puts you on the list.

It's pretty easy logic to follow but as either the cultist or a wolf you obviously want to try to twist things around.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #2154
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was the cultist how would I know if mccollins is the brutal? Read the rules, the cultist will know who they are. It says nothing about knowing their roles. You keep slipping on that one. I guess your PM telling you your cultist role also told you the roles?

You left your tell hanging out.

True. I misread the rules. Not surprising considering the fact that I'm quite lazy, and miss lots of details.

I'm done. Lynch me or don't. I still won't vote for you because you are powerless. I know you are the Cultist, and I know that you are willing sacrifice one of your own, regardless of role to secure the Wolves victory even further.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #2155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're conveniently "revealing" yourself quickly after I reveal that he is the cultist. He gives no backing at all to his fake claim (voting, etc.), and gives a desperate last ditch effort to save his skin, or more likely, get the Brutal Wolf lynched.

Regardless, anyone who knows me, realizes that I am telling the truth. If I were a Wolf, why in the blue hell would I stop being undercover, just to reveal the powerless (after reveal) Philosipher?

I'm not going to beg for my life or be sneaky. Believe me or don't. I can't do anything other than what I've done.

Why wouldn't I reveal at this point? You make a false claim and people begin to belive it. My role is pretty useless so why not reveal. If the wolves kill me tomorrow night it will be obvious what is happening so there is no risk in my revealing that this point.

As for why would you reveal? It's obvious as I pointed out in my earlier post. You get the vote off mccollins to a villager and then it's pretty much game over as the wolves can coast to victory. The wolves have not had to make any moves yet this game so of course this would be the first big one.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #2156
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Reasoning behind it it simple. I obviously have no problem with going after mccollins. As for Danny, Telle is in my CoT so I trust her read on that. PF has been pinging my wolf radar a lot lately so I have no problem there, he was the next one I was voting for. Now you with your fake reveal puts you on the list.

It's pretty easy logic to follow but as either the cultist or a wolf you obviously want to try to twist things around.

So why aren't you pushing for me, a supposed Wolf, instead of mccollins, who you CANNOT confirm. If you KNOW that I'm a wolf, why take the risk? Logic will prevail.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #2157
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True. I misread the rules. Not surprising considering the fact that I'm quite lazy, and miss lots of details.

I'm done. Lynch me or don't. I still won't vote for you because you are powerless. I know you are the Cultist, and I know that you are willing sacrifice one of your own, regardless of role to secure the Wolves victory even further.

The defense rests. He's either furry or the cultist. I'll let you know which if I survive tomorrow night. Either way we need to land a wolf tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #2158
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So why aren't you pushing for me, a supposed Wolf, instead of mccollins, who you CANNOT confirm. If you KNOW that I'm a wolf, why take the risk? Logic will prevail.

Logic will prevail. If you are the cultist you want us to push for you. I never said that I know you are a wolf. You are either a wolf or the cultist. One of those hurts us to lynch. mccollins has proven wolfish and your fake reveal makes me certain of his status.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #2159
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was the cultist how would I know if mccollins is the brutal? Read the rules, the cultist will know who they are. It says nothing about knowing their roles. You keep slipping on that one. I guess your PM telling you your cultist role also told you the roles?

You left your tell hanging out.

WAIT a fricking minute. It doesn't say that you know the Wolves roles, but it also doesn't say that you DON'T know the Wolves roles.

Meh. You're the Cultist. I don't know what else to say. The Villagers can kill me, and lose yet another one of their kind, or they can look at logic, and look at your desperation, and realize I'm telling the truth.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #2160
Schmidty
Coordinator

Anyway. I'm done. It's my birthday, and want to eat my ribeye.

I'm telling the truth. Believe me or don't
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #2161
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not sure what to think, but Happy birthday Schmidy
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #2162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
WAIT a fricking minute. It doesn't say that you know the Wolves roles, but it also doesn't say that you DON'T know the Wolves roles.

Meh. You're the Cultist. I don't know what else to say. The Villagers can kill me, and lose yet another one of their kind, or they can look at logic, and look at your desperation, and realize I'm telling the truth.

That's my point. It doesn't say the cultists know roles yet you keep saying they do. The only way you could know that is if your PM told you the roles.

Desperate ploy? Of the two groups right now; villagers or wolfs plus cultist; who needs a desperate ploy right now? By you accusing me of one it is obvious that you know which side I am on and it's the only side in need of a desperate ploy right now.

You are clearly trying to tell the wolves that you are the cultist by offering yourself up as a target to be killed.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #2163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, happy birthday Schmidty!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #2164
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

As of post 2163:

5McCollins: Claphamsa (2098), RendeR (2108), Danny (2111), EagleFan (2113), LoneStarGirl (2151)
1 Danny: Telle (2118)

4 Nightfall: Claphamsa (2098), Render (2108), Danny (2111), EagleFan (2113)
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #2165
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

VOTE MCCOLLINS
VOTE NIGHTFALL

Our luck has got to be changing.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #2166
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
It seems pretty obvious that we are onto a wolf and Schmidty is the cultist trying to gain favor with his fellow wolves by his fake reveal. He tries to take us away from a wolf to get another villager lynch and hopes he can be converted afterwards. With his fake reveal he hopes that everyone believes I was converted so you lynch me and it's game over as the wolves win at that point.

The rules mention nothing of conversions.

Quote:
You are really trying to set me up for this one. I guess you know mccollins is the brutal so you left this post as another attempt to frame me?

You're really grasping at straws EagleFan.

Quote:
Either way, I'll be able to scan you tomorrow night to see if you are the cultist.

I guess by this point you realized that you had forgotten to fake counter-reveal.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #2167
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

+1
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #2168
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Exactly - he's using mis-informing assumptions to get the vote off of him because you scanned him as a wolf.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #2169
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, already explained. Just accept your lynching wolf!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #2170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Exactly - he's using mis-informing assumptions to get the vote off of him because you scanned him as a wolf.

Dude, get your facts straight. No wolf logic twisting here. He claimed to scan me as a cultist, not a wolf. You should know I'm not a wolf as I'm not in your list of PM's.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #2171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am liking this game. It's much like my first game ever where we got off to a lousy start and once I figured out who were some of the wolves I was able to have a little fun with them before the lynch.

Unfortunately st.cronin talked me into not voting for him in the fial day and we ended up losing...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #2172
mccollins
College Prospect

More lies. You accept the fact that you are our first scanned wolf.
The cultist is plainly listed as a wolf role. Or can you not accept the fact that you have fur?

Again I say, the village needs to keep me around until the end.

EagleFan pushed the village to lynch Olie - don't let him kill another villager!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #2173
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You keep talking about how a villager will die if you are lynched. Are you admitting that you are the brutal?

We'll see when your fur shows up at the lynching.

Right now it's time to take a look at who the next wolf is. I am not liking PF's late vote switch that helped seal Pass' fate. I obviously don't like Schmidty's fake reveal but we'll know tomorrow if he is cultist or wolf. Unfortunately from there I am not completely sure. Telle suspects Danny and is in my CoT so that is worth looking into. clap may be worth looking into as well, why would the wolves let him stay around his long?

Hell, only Telle is in my CoT at this point with alan t out of the picture now so it's going to take some research and luck.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #2174
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
You keep talking about how a villager will die if you are lynched. Are you admitting that you are the brutal?

You keep magically twisting my words. Allowing you to push through the lynch of a second villager (first oliegirl, now me) is what I'm forewarning the rest of the village about.

I find it quite odd that after Schmidty revealed as the Philosopher that you magically had the same role of Philosopher. With 12 people remaining in the village.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #2175
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

One more thng. Explain post 2120 where Schmidty votes mccollins and nightfall. Then turns around and comes up with his fake reveal.

If he scanned me as the cultist then why would he make that vote?

mccollins is a wolf, PF may be a wolf, Schmidty is either a wolf or the cultist.

I think we are finally catching a break.

What makes the most sense is that mccollins may be the cunning and Schmidty is trying a ploy to save him (either as a wolf or as a cultist whom only Schmidty has hinted that the cultist knows the wolves' roles).

Don't let mccollins and his furry friends shut us out. Make the right vote!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #2176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
7 mccolins: EagleFan (1855), Schmidty (1921), Alan T (1935), GoldenEagle (2012), RendeR (2013), Claphamsa (2016), Passacaglia (2028)
4 Passacaglia: PackerFanatic (1865), Lonestargirl (1923), Mrs. Schmidty (1936), mccollins (2020)
1 PackerFanatic: Danny (1931)
1 EagleFan: Chief Rum (1946)
1 Danny: Telle (1960)

Please don't let another villager die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
*ponders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
hmm

probably wont matter

unvote mcollins
vote passacaglia

Quote:
switching right now won't change anyting so lets see where the fur falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Actually it could

Quote:
UNVOTE MCCOLLINS
VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Quote:
5 mccolins: EagleFan (1855), Schmidty (1921), GoldenEagle (2012), Claphamsa (2016), Passacaglia (2028)
6 Passacaglia: PackerFanatic (1865), Lonestargirl (1923), Mrs. Schmidty (1936), mccollins (2020), Alan T (2062), RendeR (2066)
1 PackerFanatic: Danny (1931)
1 EagleFan: Chief Rum (1946)
1 Danny: Telle (1960)

Right now, I am not inclined to be humored because this got a villager killed. But on one significant level, this is pure, pathetic comedy.

(And only raised even higher knowing Alan is a villager).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #2177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Alan T has been killed by wolves! [b]He was the village Duke.[b/] We are on day 6, deadline Wednesday 3pm Eastern time.

This can't be true. cronin's a wolf.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #2178
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since it doesn't matter now, I am the Philosopher. I scanned Eaglefan last night, and he is the Cultist.

This surprises me--not. This is the sort of thing I have been seeing for a couple days now. Of course, killing the cultist does us no real good. It just means we have someone to ignore. That's assuming Schmidty is telling the truth--far from a safe assumption, although at this point in the thread, I am inclined to believe him.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #2179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I think most people have accepted that I'm a villager. So either you're just not getting it or you're a wolf trying to cause trouble.

And as for my vote on Danny, I'm rather confident that he's a wolf and was hoping to get more people to see things my way and it was still plenty early for votes to get moved around.

I would be curious to see you expand on this (and forgive me if you already did in the past). I haven't really felt too strongly about my reads on him, so if you have a good take, I would like to hear it.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #2180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I still don't understand why mccollins is a target. I believe a case has been asked for several times, but no one voting for him will come up with one.

:shrugs:

I may be wrong, but we have been 100% wrong on every "gut" feel so far this game. In my mind, Telle is the only cleared player left. And she's voting Danny.

Good enough for me.

VOTE DANNY

Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 AM   #2181
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would be curious to see you expand on this (and forgive me if you already did in the past). I haven't really felt too strongly about my reads on him, so if you have a good take, I would like to hear it.

Telle:

I went ahead and voted, since I have to check out for the night, but I would still be interested to hear you expand on this. At least I know it's not coming from a liar.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #2182
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Telle is the only cleared player left.

How exactly is she cleared?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #2183
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I still don't understand why mccollins is a target. I believe a case has been asked for several times, but no one voting for him will come up with one.

:shrugs:

I may be wrong, but we have been 100% wrong on every "gut" feel so far this game. In my mind, Telle is the only cleared player left. And she's voting Danny.

Good enough for me.

VOTE DANNY

Another misguided vote. Thankfully it shouldn't matter and Mccollins will still get the lynch.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 AM   #2184
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post

Well, she isn't 100% cleared like Alan. But she might as well be. Render's actions make the most sense if she is a Mason. She was on the list determining oliegirl was the lynch choice two days ago. Pass, a villager, claimed she was a Mason. No one has denied this--the real Masons would counter this if she were not a Mason and reveal her (likely) as a wolf.

IMO, that's a ton of circumstantial evidence to ignore if you're going to think she is not a Mason. And if she is a Mason, she's on the side of the village. And that's cleared.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #2185
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

She was also scanned as good by Lathum, who may have been the real seer (guess we won't know that until the end of the game, though).

Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #2186
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post

Pass. revealed last Friday that she's a mason. She's the only person we have in a real CoT.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 AM   #2187
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
No one has denied this--the real Masons would counter this if she were not a Mason and reveal her (likely) as a wolf.
No. If Cronin's rules are to be believed, they would be killed for doing this.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #2188
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have a feeling, and I'm not voting for the brutal wolf or the useless Cultist (no offense, so:

Vote LoneStarGirl
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #2189
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I have a feeling, and I'm not voting for the brutal wolf or the useless Cultist (no offense, so:

Vote LoneStarGirl

Vote LoneStarGirl
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #2190
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

bold it

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #2191
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Vote LoneStarGirl

any reasons why?

vote nightfall
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 AM   #2192
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

If you look at the people that voted for Lathum on Day 1, there are only three that are not now dead villagers. Myself, RendeR, and Danny. I simply cannot believe that there was not one wolf in on that vote. At this point most people trust me, and by corollary trust RendeR. So that leaves Danny.

Also his play is kind of pinging me. He's not contributing much, but has a tidy explanation with each vote. It just really reminds me of what I end up doing when I'm a wolf.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #2193
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There are no conversions.

Just to clear up something EagleFan was trying to muddy the waters with.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:05 AM   #2194
Telle
College Starter

And just so we're clear on the cultist..

Quote:
cultist (counts as a villager, wins with the wolves, knows the wolves but has no pm rights - selected by the wolf team)
Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #2195
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
any reasons why?

vote nightfall

Just a gut feeling, and the fact that you kind of did a pile-on vote of mccollins. If my theory of him being the brutal wolf is true, the vote makes sense. And you didn't post a reason in your vote post either.

I might be wrong, but a vote for you is likely better than a vote for mccollins.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #2196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. If Cronin's rules are to be believed, they would be killed for doing this.

Saying someone is NOT a Mason is quite a bit different than saying you are one.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #2197
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am not liking PF's late vote switch that helped seal Pass' fate.

My vote for Pass yesterday was the 2nd vote for him (and was actually made on Monday afternoon) I never switched and stayed on Pass.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:14 AM   #2198
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Saying someone is NOT a Mason is quite a bit different than saying you are one.

Yes, but I interpreted you to mean a full counter: "That person can't be a mason because I'm a mason!"

Anyways, Telle all but officially outed RendeR just now. It was just an assumption up to this point.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #2199
RendeR
Coordinator

UNVOTE MCCOLLINS
UNVOTE NIGHTFALL

VOTE DANNY

I think Telle is on to something.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #2200
mccollins
College Prospect