Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #2151
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thanks, fellas. I'm just doing my part to keep the real thread cleaned up. I mouthed off a bit, and realized not posting ANYTHING is probably worse than posting too much, regardless of what a few people think.

Meh, I still can't believe ironhead would think I would be trying to keep people from reading his stuff. The only thing I can remember him posting was that he was looking at houses around noon.

Anyhow, this allows me to post whatever I want during the day while I'm bored, and keeps my useless posting out of the real thread.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #2152
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Whew. I nearly posted in the other thread!

Maybe DC just had a bit too much to drink last night?
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #2153
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Whew! A 4-hour DOLA. Is that a record?

My "analysis" of Neon is, to be frank, not really worthy of the name.

I've got wolfy vibes off of him from the start. Stuff like "methinks st.cronin rushed out the game too early" and the business of voting for an illegible consul. Sure it's a confusing game I've made mistakes interpreting things in the game (I thought we could only vote once on consul, for example). But still, it seemed like a good way to avoid committing to a vote.

Basically it boils down to him coming in with with a few posts to keep his post count ticking along without actually saying anything. And then he accuses AE of, basically, doing the same thing as himself, only on a far grander scale.

And then when I decided to push him on the matter he seemed to go very defensive about it. Shurg. To be honest this isn't one of my best pieces of work. He gave me a hinky vibe and pushed himself into being one of the top candidates by his defensive response to me. I wanted to get the lawyers checked out and figured getting someone to scan him with AE was the way forward.

My main beef with LSG was that she's rich and I believe there's a rich wolf out there. However I now think there's better candidates for the rich wolf position. I think having Neon as a lawyer is just going to be far too compromised. On current form, how long is it going to take before we can get our act together enough to scan him? I'm hoping for a more trustworthy lawyer next time. So I'm going to,

Vote thwow Neon fwom the wock

I've just realised that I've been missing out on the opportunity to say that.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 AM   #2154
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Uh, 'cause noone has said we got a Tarq?

Firstly sorry to cut and run after having asked you a question CW. It was very rude. I had been intending to go but I just saw your post and felt that I had to react to it. I'd been formulating an idea that you were a wolf but I have to say that your reaction to Chief Rum's plan has given me pause for thought. I concur that I might be missing something but from where I'm sitting I think the wolves would be very opposed to the plan. You were the first one to accept it and that means I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I might as well explain myself now. My suspicion of you, apart from the, you-know, "off-handedly killing one of the key roles in the game" business was the killing of Swaggs. To recap, the order to kill Swaggs came before anyone understood the full ability of the lawyer. This is why I was baffled about why anyone would kill Swaggs. He certainly hadn't put forward any arguments against someone and he wasn't wealthy. At the time I think the only sense I could make of it was that it was Ardent, who somehow knew more about the role than he was letting on. Or that someone else knew about the role. However what I was missing was that there are definitely two people who did know what the lawyer could do. Dodgerchick and yourself.

I've got to say that Dodgerchick's reaction to Chief's plan and my belief that there is a rich wolf means that I'm leaning very heavily towards acceding to her wishes and arresting her. There have been a few things that struck me as unwolfy about here (clearing Autumn, who ranks just under Chief in my trust list for one), which is why I was starting to concentrate on you rather than her but recent events have changed my mind about that.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #2155
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Given that my two candidates for consul would be Chief and Autumn. Chief doesn't want to be voted in. So I'll

Vote Autumn for Consul

And hold off with the other vote for now.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #2156
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Autumn for Consul
Old 04-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #2157
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Who put Chubbus back in jail? Sorry if I missed it. Anyway, given a choice between the two, Neon was suspicious to me, and I am still willing to give Chubbus the benefit of the doubt a little more, since he has a lot to catch up on.

Vote Neon Chaos

And since I've been nominated for Consul, or at least suggested, I'll put my name in.

Vote Passacaglia for Consul
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #2158
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wait...the Chubbus re-jail was a 40-pointer, right? I remember now.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #2159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I forgot.

Bid sent for Maximus Maximus.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #2160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Updated, with how I feel currently about the current players. I will review posts of the current players to see if I get a different feeling about any of them.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #2161
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Primer:

With two Senators jailed, the rules are slightly different. Whichever Senator gets a majority of the votes to execute, will be executed. Everybody must vote to execute one of the players in jail - failure to cast a vote will be considered an abstention.

So, what's the penalty for this abstention?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #2162
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quit cluttering up the board with your threads
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #2163
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nice.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #2164
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've stated my suspicions of Neon before.

vote execute Neon Chaos

Backup bid for Anxiety sent in as requested.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #2165
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I've got to say that Dodgerchick's reaction to Chief's plan and my belief that there is a rich wolf means that I'm leaning very heavily towards acceding to her wishes and arresting her. There have been a few things that struck me as unwolfy about here (clearing Autumn, who ranks just under Chief in my trust list for one), which is why I was starting to concentrate on you rather than her but recent events have changed my mind about that.

Please do I'd appreciate that. Actually, I'm actually a little shocked I haven't been sent to jail, why do ya'll think I've been hiring Ardent? I've been WAITING to get arrested.

Once my innocence has been proven then I have no problem following Chief's plan... no problem at all.

I'm gonna be super busy today so I'm gonna:

vote chubby innocent
vote neon chaos guilty

vote autumn for counsel
vote dodgerchick for counsel

I trust myself obviously, and if my scan of autumn was correct, then I'll go with it and assume him to be of the Republic.

I sent my PM yesterday and hope I have it locked down. I'll be awaiting to get arrested with hands behind my back.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #2166
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure about Neonus Chaosus. I agree the "don't waste a scan on me" thing is not right, but doesn't sound like something a Tarq would say.

The Chubby/LSG thing is a problem for me. They have not said much or weighed in on anything. Chubby still only has one post. I hate replacement of players as it really clouds the waters (even though it is necessary sometimes). But between the two, I am going to say throw the totally invisible wonder twins off the rock

VOTE TO TOSS CHUBBY / LSG FROM TO THE ROCKUS

I would have expected some posts from chubbus by now. I would rather be confronted with Neonus late in the game and have something to evaluate than chubbus and have nothing.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #2167
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If we go with the CR plan of some version of it, is there any value in my placing a backup bid to the backup bids?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #2168
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

I know Mustangus got a key role as a poorer senator. It seems to make sense that we target everyone's bid. That way when a Tarq does not follow the process, we can start back tracking to where the breakdown occurred.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #2169
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Whew! A 4-hour DOLA. Is that a record?

My "analysis" of Neon is, to be frank, not really worthy of the name.

I've got wolfy vibes off of him from the start. Stuff like "methinks st.cronin rushed out the game too early" and the business of voting for an illegible consul. Sure it's a confusing game I've made mistakes interpreting things in the game (I thought we could only vote once on consul, for example). But still, it seemed like a good way to avoid committing to a vote.

Basically it boils down to him coming in with with a few posts to keep his post count ticking along without actually saying anything. And then he accuses AE of, basically, doing the same thing as himself, only on a far grander scale.

And then when I decided to push him on the matter he seemed to go very defensive about it. Shurg. To be honest this isn't one of my best pieces of work. He gave me a hinky vibe and pushed himself into being one of the top candidates by his defensive response to me. I wanted to get the lawyers checked out and figured getting someone to scan him with AE was the way forward.

My main beef with LSG was that she's rich and I believe there's a rich wolf out there. However I now think there's better candidates for the rich wolf position. I think having Neon as a lawyer is just going to be far too compromised. On current form, how long is it going to take before we can get our act together enough to scan him? I'm hoping for a more trustworthy lawyer next time. So I'm going to,

Vote thwow Neon fwom the wock

I've just realised that I've been missing out on the opportunity to say that.

BTW, Has anyone come out and said that they bid for AE's scanning rights during the last turn? It's the only question I have running through my mind right now.

Who bid for AE's services during the last turn? Who won his services, and who did you scan? Were you able to scan me and confirm my innocence? Can we get a list of the people who bid for services during the last turn? Check to see who won/lost?

I didn't bid on any day, considered myself to be too far below the pecking order.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #2170
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola, it's what hoopsguy was trying to collate during the past gameday.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #2171
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

dola dola dola

Quote:

I still am confused about this game. And I still do feel that st.cronin didn't really have the rules fleshed out when he released the game . But, running a WW game is definitely a difficult task, specially with the number of people in this one.

Did I miss a vote, Narc? IIRC, I voted every single time. I haven't had a hard time commiting to a vote, I just voted the way that my limited knowledge of the game and my gut instincts told me to.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 AM   #2172
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

BTW, Has anyone come out and said that they bid for AE's scanning rights during the last turn? It's the only question I have running through my mind right now.

Who bid for AE's services during the last turn? Who won his services, and who did you scan? Were you able to scan me and confirm my innocence? Can we get a list of the people who bid for services during the last turn? Check to see who won/lost?

I didn't bid on any day, considered myself to be too far below the pecking order.

So, why would you not bid for any services? Mustangus apparently recieved the assassin while in a low bracket and hoops recieved the horse trader in the lowest bracket.

It makes no sense to just not bid at all. I understand the feeling of futility, but that does not warrant just not voting. It makes it appear that you are trying to hide what you bid on.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #2173
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

Neonus, I don't know who bid for Ardentus yesterday, but DC said she forgot to bid on him. I believe that Ardentus said he also got sex slaves that night. Do the sex slaves block the lawyer? If whoever hired the lawyer can confirm that, we would then have a piece of information worth knowing.

Ardentus has said that he does not know. He does not even know when he is used to investigate someone of wrongdoing.

We also do not know what "wrongdoing" means at this point.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #2174
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I would think a positive response of wrongdoing would be a definate bad.

The negative response of wrongdoin is what I am not sure about "confirming good".
Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #2175
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
So, why would you not bid for any services? Mustangus apparently recieved the assassin while in a low bracket and hoops recieved the horse trader in the lowest bracket.

It makes no sense to just not bid at all. I understand the feeling of futility, but that does not warrant just not voting. It makes it appear that you are trying to hide what you bid on.

I didn't bid on any service on Day 1 because I had no clue what the people did and how exactly they would affect gameplay.

I then went on and put mass lawsuits everywhere to try and increase my wealth, and lost most of them. I didn't bid on anybody after that.

And I would like to repeat that I have voted, just not bid.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #2176
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I didn't bid on any service on Day 1 because I had no clue what the people did and how exactly they would affect gameplay.

I then went on and put mass lawsuits everywhere to try and increase my wealth, and lost most of them. I didn't bid on anybody after that.

And I would like to repeat that I have voted, just not bid.

Although I completely disagree with not bidding for the reasons you stated, it appears a lot of people passed on bidding for the first day out of confusion. I thought the rules were pretty clear. It cost nothing to bid and takes a few seconds to type and send the PM. So, why not do it? But, like I said you are in the same boat as a lot of people who did not bid, as st.cronin kept reminding people to bid. I'm sure all of those bidders are not bad.

But seriously, why would you not bid just because you dont know what the service does? Someone has to get the service to figure out what it does. Knowing what the services do is ultimately going to help the village organize and start overcoming being the uninformed majority aspect of the game.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #2177
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
dola,

Neonus, I don't know who bid for Ardentus yesterday, but DC said she forgot to bid on him. I believe that Ardentus said he also got sex slaves that night. Do the sex slaves block the lawyer? If whoever hired the lawyer can confirm that, we would then have a piece of information worth knowing.

Ardentus has said that he does not know. He does not even know when he is used to investigate someone of wrongdoing.

We also do not know what "wrongdoing" means at this point.

Correction, in post #1971 DC said she did in fact hire Ardentus, but forgot to send in a PM to investigate anyone. So that power went unused for that day.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #2178
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

It's a ghost town in here....
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #2179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Boo!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #2180
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Alright, now that we have travelled some ways into this game, here is my read on people or my trust list:

Golden
Grammaticus Atticus - Good

Strongest Trust:
Chiefus Rumus - Good analysis and idea about pinning down roles supports village
Kwhitus - Has been up there from early in the game based on analysis, is fading a bit
Ironus Headus - strong village feel from support early in the game

Some Trust
Narcizus - Good analysis, maybe should move up into strong trust
Autumnus - would be stronger but DC vouching for him is sketchy

Some Distrust
Passus - Don't like the "forgot to bid" yesterday that is really bad
Dodgerus Erchickus - failure to apply AE and doesnt support village oriented plans
Mustangus - oddity with the passus bid, how did he get the assissin in bottom wealth tier and killed Ant. without input or lawyer review, etc.
Chubus - MIA both as chubbus and LSG, which is odd and not like their play style
Neonus - Don't agree with why he does not bid. I think he is bidding, why wouldn't you?
Barkeepus - Not sure, but seems to have screwed up as consul, otherwise I usually get a bad feel, so not sure (just like Tyrith)
Coffeus - Don't like the rambo pk earlier and don't have a good feel. Voting issues as consul

Unsure
Ardentus - Seems to live on as lawyer and post a lot of static and obfuscation. But seems to be acting as usual
Pathus - don't know, but I'm wary of just trusting him at this point
Peregrinus - floated idea about voting but has not pushed much. Well see how consulship shakes out
Tyrith - leaning more as suspicious. He usually has more to say, but I generally always feel he is bad, so not sure how to read him now
Abeus - not sure, no read

Also, I had hoops in my strong trust column and Antmiester in the some trust column.

Based on my trust list my consul choices are:

Grammatticus Atticus for Consul
Ironus Headus for Consul

I would take Chief Rum, but he is off the board due to his schedule.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #2181
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Execute Neon

Elect Passacaglia to Consul
Elect CW to Consul

It's a busy weekend for me, but there you have it. Pass seems sufficiently decent in my mind, and I once against vote for myself as Consul. Neon...I can see him being a traitor more than I can see him being good. He's gone from popping in and out with little comments to offering long responses, possibly to try and save his ass.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #2182
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Oh and by using my trust list, I say

Jail Passus Caglius.

I think there is a Tarq in the top wealth tier(s). I'm okay with a lot of people in the second and third wealth tier behind Passus.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #2183
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Sorry, meant to underline Passus Caglius in the above post, but can't edit.

So,

Jail Passus Gaglius
Old 04-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #2184
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Hey, Chiefus Rumus you left Abeus and Cofeus off your trust list. Where do you place them in your scope of things?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #2185
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Please do I'd appreciate that. Actually, I'm actually a little shocked I haven't been sent to jail, why do ya'll think I've been hiring Ardent? I've been WAITING to get arrested.

Once my innocence has been proven then I have no problem following Chief's plan... no problem at all.

I'm gonna be super busy today so I'm gonna:

vote chubby innocent
vote neon chaos guilty

vote autumn for counsel
vote dodgerchick for counsel

I trust myself obviously, and if my scan of autumn was correct, then I'll go with it and assume him to be of the Republic.

I sent my PM yesterday and hope I have it locked down. I'll be awaiting to get arrested with hands behind my back.

Okay, this is critical because you're assigned the sword killer. Are you saying you put in another bid for ardent?

If so, please say so. At least then, if KWhit decides to join with us, then he can switch and put in a bid for the sword killer.

THE VERY LAST THING WE WANT TO DO IS LET THE SWORD KILLER FALL INTO TARQ HANDS.

And I REALLY don't care for how you continue to put yourself ahead of the village, even at the potential cost of us losing two loyal Senators tomorrow instead of just one.

Caps are for emphasis.

Coffee, I certainly hope everything's okay with your backup sword killer bid. Looks like we may need it. Grammaticus, I would recommend sending one in for the sword killer as well.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #2186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, Chiefus Rumus you left Abeus and Cofeus off your trust list. Where do you place them in your scope of things?

Did I? I was moving people arouind using a wealth list copy. Not surprised I would have missed them.

I was saving them for last, because of my uncertainty about them. I feel better about CW then Anxiety. For one thing, he's stated he's going with us on the plan after some initial questioning. Everything he said about lawyer use seems to be checked out, but, as noted, a main concern is that his primary voucher is Dodgerchick, whom herself is falling under suspicion now. I would say their fates are linked. Narcizo's point about who knew what lawyers could do going into the Day Two night actions might have gotten lost in the postings, but it's a very valid one I am also keeping in mind.

Anxiety has troubled me for some time. As I told Anxiety himself, I am used to him providing some steady analysis and rational discussion and being an active player. He has been rather touch and go in this one, though. The change in character registered on my impressions. And he seems to be the strongest in being against the plan amongst our resistant top three wealthy senators, which is a definite negative mark.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #2187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Refresh my memory - who has been pseudo-cleared?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #2188
Ironhead
College Prospect

Something I can say for Anxiety is that I sent him Balbus Senna last night. Within a minute or two after receiving the PM he posted pretty much the same thing that Hoops had posted earlier. Had it been a while before Anxiety had replied I would have been concerned that he was trying to match his answer up to Hoops', but thefact that he immediately responded makes me believe he is telling the truth about what was in the PM. For what it is worth I have him on my trust list right now.

Regarding service bids tonight I am more than willing to go along with the plan. Just let me know if you still want me to bid for the bodyguard and I will send it in.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #2189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Refresh my memory - who has been pseudo-cleared?
CW has vouched for KWhit. That's the only pseduo-clearing I know of.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #2190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just to review the status of the plan right now. Here is how I presented it. I have added in CAPS what has publically been stated about these bids.

Dodgeus Erchickus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer--MAY BE BIDDING FOR ARDENT INSTEAD. NEED TO CONFIRM.
Kayus Whitus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer--HASN"T SAID IF HE WILL PARTICPATE. IF DC BIDS ON ARDENT, HE WOULD NEED TO BID FOR MACRO THE SWORD KILLER.
Abeus Anxietus-- Bid for DURUS PIMPUS, sex slave dealer--HAS REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAN SO FAR

Ironus Headus-- Bid for MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, legionnaire/BG--HAS POSTED BUT NOT SAID HE SUBMITTED A BID. WE NEED IRONHEAD TO GET IN ON THIS.
Passus Caglius-- Bid for VITUS AVIDUS, legionnaire/BG-- HAS PUT INA BID.

This should be all that is necessary to control the services. I would like to set up backup options, but I am uncertain of this because we start to get to more suspicious people (IMO). CoffeeWarlord and path12, though, have to be committed, because they are on the same level as Ironhead and Passacaglia. Wemust also lock down what they bid on.

Thusly, they should bid on:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer== HAS PUT IN A BID. IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL RIGHT NOW, WITH THE TOP WEALTH ISSUES.
Pathus Twelvus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer-- HAS NOT POSTED IF HE PUT IN A BID, TO MY KNOWLEDGE (HASN'T POSTED AT ALL, I THINK).

Narcizo and I are in the next wealth group, so we should submit backup bids as well. I will bid for the sex slave dealer, if Narcizo will bid for one of the legionnaires/BGs.

NARCIZO AND I HAVE BOTH PUT IN OUR BIDS, MINE FOR THE SEX SLAVE, NARCIZO FOR THE BODYGUARD. PEREGRINE HAS PUT IN A BID FOR THE SEX SLAVES.

BARKEEP AND GRAMMATICUS HAVE OFFERED TO PUT IN BIDS, NO WORD YET, HOPEFULYL COMING.

AUTUMN HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE YESTERDAY AND NOT KNOWN IF HE WILL PARTICIPATE.

Given all of the above, I would be primarily concerned (after the top tier issues) about making sure Ironhead states if he has gotten a bid in, and if Path12 and Autumn show up to put in backup bids.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #2191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Something I can say for Anxiety is that I sent him Balbus Senna last night. Within a minute or two after receiving the PM he posted pretty much the same thing that Hoops had posted earlier. Had it been a while before Anxiety had replied I would have been concerned that he was trying to match his answer up to Hoops', but thefact that he immediately responded makes me believe he is telling the truth about what was in the PM. For what it is worth I have him on my trust list right now.

Regarding service bids tonight I am more than willing to go along with the plan. Just let me know if you still want me to bid for the bodyguard and I will send it in.

Good point on Balbus Senna. Not sure it clears him (just that you sent him Balbus Senna), but it's something at least. What exactly does Balbus Senna do? At least what you were told in your PM, I mean. I know what ANxiety said.

I posted my last post before seeing this, in which I had noted you hadn't committed to a bid yet. Since you're asking about that now, please go ahead and submit a bid based off of the plan. We'll go with the bodyguard for right now, if that's cool with you.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #2192
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sorry, haven't confirmed but I will be putting in a bid for Ardent.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #2193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm going to go ahead and vote for pass for consul since he's been generally trustworthy since coming aboard. The other person I trust to be a good guy is KWhit, despite my difficulties with him as co-consul.

So that's the way I'm going
Vote Pass
Vote KWhit
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #2194
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Good point on Balbus Senna. Not sure it clears him (just that you sent him Balbus Senna), but it's something at least. What exactly does Balbus Senna do? At least what you were told in your PM, I mean. I know what ANxiety said.

I posted my last post before seeing this, in which I had noted you hadn't committed to a bid yet. Since you're asking about that now, please go ahead and submit a bid based off of the plan. We'll go with the bodyguard for right now, if that's cool with you.

Okay, I have submitted the bid for Maximus Maximus.

To be honest I am not 100% certain of what Balbus Senna does. He can be sent to one other player to convince them of the righteousness of your beliefs. I originally believed it was a way to clear your innocence to someone else. The more I think about it I wonder if it isn't a conversion mechanism. Assuming that both villagers and wolves have equal access to services a "clear" attempt wouldn't make sense in the context of a wolf winning the service. But a conversion does work in both regards.

When Hoops received the service from Schmidty he said he had no idea who it actually came from, so that further confirms to me that it is not a clear attempt. How can the service clear the person who sent it if the person who received it has no idea where it came from? Hoops said that the PM indicated he was uninterested in what Balbus Senna had to say, and Anxiety posted the same thing. We know that both Schmidty and Hoops were poisoned, which would affirm that they were both good. I know I am good, so if my sending Balbus to Anxiety created the same interaction that Schmidty/Hoops had then I have to believe that Anxiety is good as well.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #2195
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I will be leaving for work in a couple hours and off working out most of the time in the middle. So this might be my last post before deadline (and if I am killed, last post period except to say bye). But I will try to check in again before I go.

I think you all are already on this, but those of you in on the plan will need to determine how you can get it working going forward, as I may not be here to hear how DC and KWhit and path12 get involved. If anything needs to be changed up to be sure critical roles are covered, I have bid for the sex slaves, as noted.

I have decided to THROW NEON FROM THE ROCK. I'm not as certain as Narcizo is about him, but I trust Narcizo and his instincts (and haven't gotten any warm fuzzies from Neon myself), so I'm rolling with that.

Obviously, then, FREE LSG/CHUBBY. It's not the lack of posting isn't bad and super-suspicious, but the continued issues with this player (the combo) combined now with poor wealth makes them not our most improtant target. I would rather leave the jail open for better candidates.

For arrests, I would recommend Dodgerchick and Anxiety. I'm not even sure if Anxiety acquiescing to the planb would stop me from wanting to arrest him at this point. Dodgerchick's resistance and desire to be arrested is all well and good, so might as well let her have what she wants--and then possibly throw her off the rock.

path12 would be my next choice after that. He is growing in suspicion with me, as he has not been present (which may just be weekend related, must just be wants to hide his feelingsa on the plan) the past couple days, he has not yet committed to being a part of the plan, and he was one of my original five for the Day One sword killer patron.

For consuls, it was a tough choice, as I have good confidence in several players. For now I will...

ELECT IRONHEAD FOR CONSUL
ELECT PASSACAGLIA FOR CONSUL

Arresting people who resist the plan without good reason is key right now. We need our people in the seats of power to do so. I would have voted for Autumn but he has not been around the past day or so, and we need someone to be aorund to be certain to put in arrest orders.

I think that covers all the bases.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #2196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, I have submitted the bid for Maximus Maximus.

To be honest I am not 100% certain of what Balbus Senna does. He can be sent to one other player to convince them of the righteousness of your beliefs. I originally believed it was a way to clear your innocence to someone else. The more I think about it I wonder if it isn't a conversion mechanism. Assuming that both villagers and wolves have equal access to services a "clear" attempt wouldn't make sense in the context of a wolf winning the service. But a conversion does work in both regards.

When Hoops received the service from Schmidty he said he had no idea who it actually came from, so that further confirms to me that it is not a clear attempt. How can the service clear the person who sent it if the person who received it has no idea where it came from? Hoops said that the PM indicated he was uninterested in what Balbus Senna had to say, and Anxiety posted the same thing. We know that both Schmidty and Hoops were poisoned, which would affirm that they were both good. I know I am good, so if my sending Balbus to Anxiety created the same interaction that Schmidty/Hoops had then I have to believe that Anxiety is good as well.

Hmmm...but Balbus Senna is only available every other day right? Another point toward a possible conversion ability, as that would be a powerful service and perhaps not one you want out there every day. We may need to go back and compile a list of who has hired Balbus and how they used him (and if we have had confirmations).

If we're lucky, he has only been out for hire twice, and it was Schmidty and yourself that hired him. But if he has been out a third time, we might want to look at that, and anyone cleared or pseudo-cleared before that begins to fall under suspicion.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #2197
Ironhead
College Prospect

He has only been available twice, with confirmed bids of Schmidty and I. He is available for hire again tonight.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #2198
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He has only been available twice, with confirmed bids of Schmidty and I. He is available for hire again tonight.

Hmm, we may need to change up then. I will let you guys decide the best way to do that. I still think the sex slaves, sword killer and ardent are msot important, but the conversion possibility probably puts Senna above the bodyguards. We should probably bump them down and get Senna. Ironhead, since you're one who has bid on the bodyguards, we should probably have you switch to Senna again. Narcizo has a bid on Maximus, and bodyguards are only useful for good anyway, I believe.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #2199
Ironhead
College Prospect

I agree that we should probably try to grab Balbus. Since I have the sword killer tonight and will not be using him there should only be a poison attempt against the village. I think a possible block of a conversion, or even a conversion for the side of good might be more important than having 2 bodyguards out there.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #2200
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I said I'd go along with it today CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Just to review the status of the plan right now. Here is how I presented it. I have added in CAPS what has publically been stated about these bids.

Dodgeus Erchickus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer--MAY BE BIDDING FOR ARDENT INSTEAD. NEED TO CONFIRM.
Kayus Whitus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer--HASN"T SAID IF HE WILL PARTICPATE. IF DC BIDS ON ARDENT, HE WOULD NEED TO BID FOR MACRO THE SWORD KILLER.
Abeus Anxietus-- Bid for DURUS PIMPUS, sex slave dealer--HAS REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAN SO FAR

Ironus Headus-- Bid for MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, legionnaire/BG--HAS POSTED BUT NOT SAID HE SUBMITTED A BID. WE NEED IRONHEAD TO GET IN ON THIS.
Passus Caglius-- Bid for VITUS AVIDUS, legionnaire/BG-- HAS PUT INA BID.

This should be all that is necessary to control the services. I would like to set up backup options, but I am uncertain of this because we start to get to more suspicious people (IMO). CoffeeWarlord and path12, though, have to be committed, because they are on the same level as Ironhead and Passacaglia. Wemust also lock down what they bid on.

Thusly, they should bid on:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer== HAS PUT IN A BID. IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL RIGHT NOW, WITH THE TOP WEALTH ISSUES.
Pathus Twelvus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer-- HAS NOT POSTED IF HE PUT IN A BID, TO MY KNOWLEDGE (HASN'T POSTED AT ALL, I THINK).

Narcizo and I are in the next wealth group, so we should submit backup bids as well. I will bid for the sex slave dealer, if Narcizo will bid for one of the legionnaires/BGs.

NARCIZO AND I HAVE BOTH PUT IN OUR BIDS, MINE FOR THE SEX SLAVE, NARCIZO FOR THE BODYGUARD. PEREGRINE HAS PUT IN A BID FOR THE SEX SLAVES.

BARKEEP AND GRAMMATICUS HAVE OFFERED TO PUT IN BIDS, NO WORD YET, HOPEFULYL COMING.

AUTUMN HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE YESTERDAY AND NOT KNOWN IF HE WILL PARTICIPATE.

Given all of the above, I would be primarily concerned (after the top tier issues) about making sure Ironhead states if he has gotten a bid in, and if Path12 and Autumn show up to put in backup bids.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote