Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #2151
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Jonathan, why do you keep going back to ntn and not thomkal? If we kill ntn and he ends up good, you know you are next right?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #2152
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

See? I forgot about him so much i dont know how to spell his name! I am going to watch a movie. Good night
Old 11-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #2153
Swaggs
Coordinator

It is unfortunate about Spleen and I take responsibility. I am very surprised that he was not of the dark side. Those mistakes (giving the wrong name twice, missing my request for someone whose name rhymes with "Nob" the night before, and outting himself w/o really in danger) were just too much for me to overlook without another surefire target.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #2154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

but if we kill thomkal and he's bad then you're next LSG...right?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #2155
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

i meant if we kill thomkal and he's GOOD then you're next, right LSG?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #2156
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think ntndeacon should be the target for our next lynch.

I can't differentiate between LSG or Thomkal enough at this point to risk lynching either. Neither has given us a player from the dark side, both have made some questionable picks to scan, but neither have made a mistake that we can verify yet, either. Neither are in my Circle of Trust yet--if one of us hands us a member from the darkside, that will change--but neither should be on the chopping block yet.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #2157
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Jonathan, why do you keep going back to ntn and not thomkal? If we kill ntn and he ends up good, you know you are next right?

I'm not hard up on killing Thomkal like some people. I agree with the thinking that it makes sense to let the wolves take care of our possible two seer problem. ntn has been number one on my list since yesterday. I didn't hear anything today to change my mind. And why would I be the one who gets lynched next if ntn happens to be good? Alan, whom you trust, has voted for ntn the last three days.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #2158
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I wonder why nobody has mentioned tyrnth. Being as UTR as you could possibly get. I guess we forgot about him

I do hope this was a joke.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #2159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

night. won't be back on till ~ 2:30 or 3pm EST tomorrow (sat)
Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #2160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ANXIETY- night actions due Monday?

All Night Actions are due by Midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #2161
Lorena
Unregistered

So Swaggs and Alan, why did you go after spleen like you did even though Anxiety mentioned NOT to base our knowledge here with what's in the book? I don't understand.

Maybe Swaggs is the one that got converted and we might be thinking alan's the one. Has anyone scanned Swaggs? I can't remember.

I just don't know anymore.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #2162
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I hope that our seers look elsewhere tonight. I want them to get a darkness person. I realize this will keep me in harms way on Monday. But better that and catch a bad guy.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:49 AM   #2163
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
For what it is worth, I do not have the ability to check anymore statements for truth in this game. I used my two tries up already and then was trying to bluff my way into seeing how Brian and/or ntndeacon would react to me asking whether or not they were on the side of light.

ok this seems convenient to me. of course we both said we were good. Even if you had this ability you have a 50 50 chance of not picking each person.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:57 AM   #2164
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

If this is the case we should go after him now. (Yes, I realize not many if any believe that I am who Isay iam)
Old 11-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #2165
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I think ntndeacon should be the target for our next lynch.

I can't differentiate between LSG or Thomkal enough at this point to risk lynching either. Neither has given us a player from the dark side, both have made some questionable picks to scan, but neither have made a mistake that we can verify yet, either. Neither are in my Circle of Trust yet--if one of us hands us a member from the darkside, that will change--but neither should be on the chopping block yet.

Bologna. You and everyone else voted for me because of something the GM told you to ignore.

Good game everyone.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #2166
Lorena
Unregistered

For those of you that don't want to hear a chick ranting, look away. For the record, I haven't read anything past my last post so I'm not even sure if it's been addressed, but I just have to say it. This is in no way some sort of in-game analysis:

/rant

I am thoroughly disgusted with what transpired last night with spleen's lynch. I'm sure a lot of us are playing this game as ethically as possible and following the rules. What happened yesterday was not only distasteful, but it was out of bounds.... WAY out of bounds.

I dunno how Anxiety felt about it, but if I were him (okay kids, if you're reading, you might wanna look away because I'm gonna say a no-no word) I'd be extremelely pissed off. He said it, clearly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I'm trying to decide exactly how to say what I'm about to say. I think this is the best way:

Hello folks, your friendly neighborhood GM is here checking in. I want to discuss some current votes real quick, and then I'll nip back out of your hair.

If you want to vote for someone because of a valid, in game reason, then feel encouraged. Feel free. If you want to vote for someone because of a feeling or a sense of the person based on their posts, feel free.

However, please do NOT base that vote on outside information, such as what an authentic Tolkien name might be and so forth. That's outside the bounds.

-Abe

A little opening was found and people took advantage. I'm very, very dissapointed. I mean seriously, at what length are people willing to take to get a win in this game? I wouldn't have a problem getting him lynched for other reasons, but the name excuse wasn't right and LSG and I both mentioned it.

I'm not very good at this game, but I still enjoy it... a little too much actually, but it's stuff like this that deflates any enthusiasm of playing.

/end rant

With that said, I'm gonna be here for under an hour and not sure when I'll be back.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #2167
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
ok this seems convenient to me. of course we both said we were good. Even if you had this ability you have a 50 50 chance of not picking each person.

That's what I thought when I read this too. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have the ability because he's been converted.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #2168
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm leaning more toward ntndeacon at the moment, but that's subject to change, obviously.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #2169
spleen1015
Coordinator

DC, thanks for sticking up for me, but please stop worrying about it.

This whole situation could have been avoided had I not revealed. So, mostly I am to blame for being lynched.

I'd like it if everyone would let it go and enjoy the rest of the game.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #2170
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I agree Dc. That is why i put in my night action, and am probably going to stay away till sunday night
Old 11-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #2171
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
For those of you that don't want to hear a chick ranting, look away. For the record, I haven't read anything past my last post so I'm not even sure if it's been addressed, but I just have to say it. This is in no way some sort of in-game analysis:

/rant

I am thoroughly disgusted with what transpired last night with spleen's lynch. I'm sure a lot of us are playing this game as ethically as possible and following the rules. What happened yesterday was not only distasteful, but it was out of bounds.... WAY out of bounds.

I dunno how Anxiety felt about it, but if I were him (okay kids, if you're reading, you might wanna look away because I'm gonna say a no-no word) I'd be extremelely pissed off. He said it, clearly:

A little opening was found and people took advantage. I'm very, very dissapointed. I mean seriously, at what length are people willing to take to get a win in this game? I wouldn't have a problem getting him lynched for other reasons, but the name excuse wasn't right and LSG and I both mentioned it.

I'm not very good at this game, but I still enjoy it... a little too much actually, but it's stuff like this that deflates any enthusiasm of playing.

/end rant

With that said, I'm gonna be here for under an hour and not sure when I'll be back.

I respect what you are saying, but really disagree.

A slip up like the one Spleen made yesterday is the type of mistake that werewolves sometimes make. It is part of the game. If we had ignored it and not analyzed it, then it could have been one of those things we looked back at, at the end of the game, and wondered why we had missed it. If you ask most anyone who has ever been on the bad side, they have made a mistake or two that they stress out about whether or not anyone else noticed.

The fact that there are real names and fake names or settings in this and other WW games are just part of the game. I don't think it is out of bounds or distasteful to take those facts into consideration while playing.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #2172
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just to add, again I understand some folks taking what Anxiety said to mean that we were barking up the wrong tree, but I feel like he was just making it clear that he has taken liberties with the Bree universe and that we shouldn't expect everything to match up with the book.

I do not think he made that post to sway the vote one way or the other, but rather to let us know that, as he said, "please do NOT base that vote on outside information, such as what an authentic Tolkien name might be and so forth."
Old 11-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #2173
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am just checking in. I have my girls this weekend (I only get them every other weekend) so likely won't be on here alot this weekend. I can be around during the evening times probably a bit after I put them to bed if anyone wants to get any discussions going.

To address a few issues before I take off for a while.. for the Anxiety/GM thing discussion... OOC I've known Swaggs a while before either of us started playing WW. I can't think for the life of me that he would purposely do anything shady or underhanded just to get an advantage. To back him a bit here, once a bell of suspicion has been rung, it is really hard to unring it.

To be completely fair, after Anxiety asked us to have that day's discussion based on things entirely in game and not out of game knowledge, I tried to push the discussion that way. Spleen's response to me was actually to bring back up out of game stuff (asking me the stuff about the list of hobbit names and such). In the end my vote stayed mainly because I had a hard time believeing someone would mess up their name multiple times in one day if they were not making a name up. Regardless if he was Hob or Bob or Job or Slob or whatever, multiple times he said his name was Nob which was obviously not true. Unfortunatly it was a legitimate mistake multiple times that day, and not anything shady.

Back to IC, I don't feel Swaggs pulled a fast one on us at all, and I find it likely that some of the people trying to jump on this as a way to break the CoT or cause doubt in it are likely the people were are looking to take care of. If I had to choose right now, Swaggs would be my #2 most trusted person, just behind Izulde in the game. I feel his discussions and decisions have been in good faith, and his errors have been in good faith as well. Just like I made a mistake with Chief Rum on day 2, that mistake does not make me evil, just imperfect.

Without knowing what the night will tell, I plan fully on once again for the fourth day setting out for ntndeacon tommorrow. Night kill me if you want, or don't it doesn't really matter.. everyone here will know ntndeacon is whom I likely will be voting to start the day tommorrow.

As for our collection of seers in Thomkal and Lonestargirl. I can't wait to see what information you all bring for us tommorrow
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #2174
Lorena
Unregistered

Swaggs and Alan, I'm far too lazy to go back and check posts, but the thing that really stood out about last night's lynch was the name thing so Alan, if I missed your analysis based on something else, my apologies. Sometimes I get so stuck on an idea that it's hard for me to let go and let something else sink in.

I would really hope that using the Hob, Bob, Nob whatever it was based on Tolkien's writings wasn't an excuse to get him lynched.

And spleenie, when I feel someone's been done wrong I have to say something... I do it ALL THE TIME IRL so I felt I HAD to say something.

Okay, that's it, I don't wanna focus on this anymore. I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

Onward...
Old 11-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #2175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love you all. I really do.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #2176
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

We love you too!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #2177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i have returned from work.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #2178
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i have returned from work.

Oh yay, I was anxiously awaiting your arrival
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #2179
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
We love you too!

Awww.. I love every single one of you!! Can we get a group hug now?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #2180
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I would really hope that using the Hob, Bob, Nob whatever it was based on Tolkien's writings wasn't an excuse to get him lynched.

For me this wasn't the case. If he had come out right off the bat and said his name was Hob I don't think anyone would have had a problem. The problem was he said his name was Nob. Nob was obviously wrong. If he had corrected himself right away I doubt it would have gotten him lynched. I know I wouldn't have voted for him then. But the fact that it took me pointing out that we had two hobbits named Nob for him to say it was a typo sounded strange to me. It turns out that it was just a mistake and I'm sorry he's gone, but he could have saved himself by correcting his mistake immediately and not when someone called him on it.

And as a wise one man once said: "That's all I have to say about that."
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #2181
Lorena
Unregistered

Wow it's been quiet here!

Well my computer is making all kinds of funky noises and I'm afraid the hard drive is gonna go kaput so I'm in a frenzy right now to get stuff backed up. If you don't hear from me until sometime tomorrow, my computer died and I'll be forced to wait until Antmeister goes to work tomorrow and use his.

Anyway, that is all, hope your weekends are going well!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #2182
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, all Night Actions are due tonight at Midnight.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #2183
Swaggs
Coordinator

Not sure I'll be able to make it up until past midnight, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens tonight and what kind of information our seers bring us.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:16 PM   #2184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can't wait to see what happens tonight. this game is like a drug and i've been without all weekend!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #2185
Lorena
Unregistered

Yup, what you guys said... should be interesting.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #2186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tonight, after the evening meal, a group of you are still around a central fire, especially since you have trouble sleeping due to recent events. One of you, AlanT, slips off after telling you he needs to relieve himself.

A few moments later, you hear a cry of pain come from where AlanT disappeared. Immediately, you storm off and find AlanT rubbing the back of his head. His head has been split open and is bleeding. On the ground lies a heavy branch with AlanT’s blood on it.

It’s obvious that AlanT was ambushed by someone, and then that person ran away instead of finishing the job when AlanT cried out. You immediately decide to seek out the perpetrator. You group up into four groups and head out throughout the town. Within a few moments, one of your groups finds, underneath a crate in an alleyway, the body of Tavin.

His body is still bleeding from fresh knife wounds but it is obvious that his spirit is long gone. You call off the search to dress up Tavin for burial tomorrow. After your work, weary, you retire for the evening and return in the morning.

Result: Dodgerhick has died.

Night Five has ended. Day Six has begun and will end at 10:00 EST Monday Evening.

-Anxiety

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-12-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #2187
Swaggs
Coordinator

Thomkal, who did you view last night?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #2188
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what the heck? so was alan attacked by someone but their attack failed for some reason? is that what happened there??

Aaargh, Dodgerchick? Strange choice there.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #2189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey swaggs, didn't see you here
Old 11-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #2190
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
what the heck? so was alan attacked by someone but their attack failed for some reason? is that what happened there??

Aaargh, Dodgerchick? Strange choice there.

Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on things for us when he gets on. It would be nice if he could identify his attacker.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #2191
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on things for us when he gets on. It would be nice if he could identify his attacker.

that'd be a dream come true
Old 11-12-2006, 11:25 PM   #2192
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
hey swaggs, didn't see you here

Hey there.

I'm hoping to hear what Izulde, Thomkal, and LSG have to say about last night's actions. We need to ID some of the dark side players real, real soon.

Either there are very few of them or there are a pretty solid number of Rangers on our side, as we have lost nine villagers and only knocked of one of them, with 14 of us left.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #2193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey there.

I'm hoping to hear what Izulde, Thomkal, and LSG have to say about last night's actions. We need to ID some of the dark side players real, real soon.

Either there are very few of them or there are a pretty solid number of Rangers on our side, as we have lost nine villagers and only knocked of one of them, with 14 of us left.

i'm honestly surprised we havn't lynched a ranger yet. i think that argues for their numbers being fairly small as well. 3...maybe 4 tops?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #2194
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

So, ThomKal your on right now, who did you view and what did you find out?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #2195
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

to add to that point, i'm surprised evil hasn't hit on a ranger yet either. forgot to put that in my previous post to support that point
Old 11-12-2006, 11:31 PM   #2196
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
i'm honestly surprised we havn't lynched a ranger yet. i think that argues for their numbers being fairly small as well. 3...maybe 4 tops?

It is also a bit surprising that none of Sauron's and Saruman's players have gotten night-killed by one another. That makes me believe they, or perhaps the faction that is not doing the killing, are fairly small in number. Hopefully, at least.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #2197
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sorry you died DC. I initially thought you were good, but the last day or so I had started having doubts. Glad to see you were on our side, but sorry you didnt make it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #2198
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
So, ThomKal your on right now, who did you view and what did you find out?

...and Thomkal leaves us hanging again. He isn't doing much to earn my trust in this game, as this makes the second time that he has been on and could have taken, literally, one-minute to give us some information, but he disappears again.

It makes me think he wants to confer with others before revealing information. I guess he could be a Ranger, but since he has outted himself already, I don't see any good reason for him to not share this information.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #2199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well even if they had figured out each other's identities they'd want to keep each other alive per the victory conditions
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #2200
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, any news on what happened to you?

Or what you overheard tonight?

Frankly, I am surprised that you, me, LSG, Thomkal, and Izulde are all alive.