Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #2151
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, don't do anything yet, we need to plot out a course first. We may need (or want) a new chief engineer depending on if hoops gets scanned and the result of that scan.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #2152
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hey, JAG, stick around for 2 seconds.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #2153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Abe, don't do anything yet, we need to plot out a course first. We may need (or want) a new chief engineer depending on if hoops gets scanned and the result of that scan.

Yeah, no actions for a whiles

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #2154
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

3 different areas were damaged so there are at least 3 spawn out there (not shocking, but just to put it on the record).
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #2155
britrock88
Pro Starter

Remember the research options? I'll list them again:

- small research -> opening a warehouse to access its space
- medium research + small crystal -> any crew can convert at the same speed as engineer
- high research + more crystal -> individualized spawn detector

Would the medium option be useful now?

BK, whenever you get back, does the medium option apply to repairs, too, or only to conversions?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #2156
britrock88
Pro Starter

I wonder if Autumn had any plans for away water missions in his back pocket... :/
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #2157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wassilon wants to stay home, he’s not really much of an adventurer anymore. This is really the sort of adventure that needs a thief to find traps, so Alzar instead decides to animate 50 skeletons to run into traps and such. He discovers a small tribe of peaceful lizard folk fishing on the water of the island and slays them to animate their corpses to explore the tomb.

The hillside appears to have three entrances to the Tomb. Two are false entrances and two of Alzar’s skeletons are slain by traps to capture the unwary.

48 skeletons left.

The middle tunnel is a bright brilliant tunnel with colors flashing everywhere and pigments undimmed by time. Alzar summons a Bebau.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #2158
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Remember the research options? I'll list them again:

- small research -> opening a warehouse to access its space
- medium research + small crystal -> any crew can convert at the same speed as engineer
- high research + more crystal -> individualized spawn detector

Would the medium option be useful now?

BK, whenever you get back, does the medium option apply to repairs, too, or only to conversions?
Both
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #2159
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dammit, tht's what I get when I have two tabs side by side, one for D&D and oine for this

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #2160
britrock88
Pro Starter

Someone needs to reveal as Wassilon!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #2161
britrock88
Pro Starter

For your consideration, JAG, the medium research option will let us all repair facilities as well as an engineer can.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #2162
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, well that's interesting Britrock. Hold off for a bit until we can discuss it.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #2163
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I say do that. Try and get that done. If we can all repair and also convert at the rate an engineer can, we can get off this rock.

We also need both doctors available so we can have them scan 2 people and then we need to lynch one that is a spawn tonight. We also need some water. If we can get all that done before tonight, I think we have a chance.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #2164
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If the doctors scan 2 spawn and we can get a 3rd tonight, I think we have to try to do that.

FUCK EA
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #2165
Barkeep49
Coordinator

More work is done on the medical facilities by Simbo
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #2166
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Expect no updates for a few hours now as limited will be nonexistent
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #2167
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hope everything's okay on your end, BK.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #2168
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Ok, there's my order processed. It doesn't say a 2nd examination can happen though and of course again this looks bad for me. I would ask people to wait until tonight to see if it is fully operational before passing any judgements on what I did.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #2169
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Ok, there's my order processed. It doesn't say a 2nd examination can happen though and of course again this looks bad for me. I would ask people to wait until tonight to see if it is fully operational before passing any judgements on what I did.

Can you explain exactly what you did last night?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #2170
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Can you explain exactly what you did last night?

I took the 3 slaves and I worked on Power Facility 2.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2171
saldana
Pro Starter

JAG, opinion on a hoopsguy scan?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #2172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

hoops pinged some radars, that seems like a good scan to me for a chief engineer

Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2173
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I'd be for a hoops scan... Seems like it would almost have to be him messing with me at this point. But if he kills you that's one less resource we have for finding spawnlings before they germinate.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #2174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd be for a hoops scan... Seems like it would almost have to be him messing with me at this point. But if he kills you that's one less resource we have for finding spawnlings before they germinate.

We still have Shiggles and I can promote someone else.

Although I fear that the medical facility may only be able to do one scan. Note that after BK processed the last nit of work, he did not follow it up with "Now it can be used for more than one scan"

Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #2175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I took the 3 slaves and I worked on Power Facility 2.

That explains why only one unit was converted. You should have taken 6 slaves with you FYI.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #2176
britrock88
Pro Starter

Simbo, why 3 slaves?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #2177
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
JAG, opinion on a hoopsguy scan?

I think it's a good idea.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #2178
britrock88
Pro Starter

They only do 1 unit of work per 2 slaves.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #2179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We need a Sargeant at Arms, right? The command crew might also consider promoting someone to Ensign, although I think that was really just an extra officer, so maybe that's a role we don't need to replace (except as a backup to if another officer buys it).

So we definitely have some "roster cleanup" to do.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #2180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, as someone who had a vote on hoops yesterday, I also support scanning him. Not that I have some grand suspicions, but he has been in the middle of some things and is in a key role as the Chief Engineer.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #2181
britrock88
Pro Starter

Okay, JAG. Want to talk about research?

I will say that BK notified me that we have made progress toward completing the high-level research. He only did it impressionistically, but I would guess that Schmidty and I working yesterday and me working last night got us 33-50% of the way there.

I'm wondering if the medium-level research will be more effective now that there are facilities to repair and only engineers can repair at the moment.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #2182
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
That explains why only one unit was converted. You should have taken 6 slaves with you FYI.

Quote:
Simbo, why 3 slaves?

Oh, screw me sideways. Autumn said 3, I just assumed he knew what he was talking about and sent the order in ASAP because I wanted to redeem myself in the eyes of all of you for it not being done in the daytime, and didn't know if Darth was coming on. That's entirely on me, I should have looked closer at what I was doing.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #2183
britrock88
Pro Starter

BTW, my guess is that we don't have capacity for another medical evaluation because of the damage to the power facilities.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #2184
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

My concern is how long it would take us to complete the medium level research. We've had I think 4 units towards the high level research and if we're really just halfway there, I would imagine we'll need 4 units towards the middle one, so a full 2 days (and Schmidty isn't working nights). Plus you can be sure the remaining spawn are discussing plans to attack the lab tonight. My inclination is to just power through the higher level research as fast as we can before we work on the medium, but I'm willing to listen to other points of view.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #2185
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW, my guess is that we don't have capacity for another medical evaluation because of the damage to the power facilities.

Which is why I thought that should be prioritized over the medical facilities or anything really. Really, without power, very little in this camp works.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #2186
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:

I would hope so, I wish Barkeep would have clarified something there because it feels like it could mean my ass right now.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #2187
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
My concern is how long it would take us to complete the medium level research. We've had I think 4 units towards the high level research and if we're really just halfway there, I would imagine we'll need 4 units towards the middle one, so a full 2 days (and Schmidty isn't working nights). Plus you can be sure the remaining spawn are discussing plans to attack the lab tonight. My inclination is to just power through the higher level research as fast as we can before we work on the medium, but I'm willing to listen to other points of view.

So we're talking about probably the same amount of work for two different abilities. But right now, I don't think the High Level one is as beneficial as the Medium one. We are really going to need to get repairs done to lift off.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #2188
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm fairly torn. It seems as though either kind of research would take about the same amount of time to complete from this point. And each confers a distinct benefit. The question becomes this -- would we rather be able to convert/repair more quickly to get off the planet sooner (and thereby prevent the creation of new spawn), or would we rather be able to start picking off spawn with the detector?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #2189
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
We need a Sargeant at Arms, right? The command crew might also consider promoting someone to Ensign, although I think that was really just an extra officer, so maybe that's a role we don't need to replace (except as a backup to if another officer buys it).

So we definitely have some "roster cleanup" to do.

I think the armory isn't powered so I'm not sure a sergeant would be able to pass out weapons.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #2190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the armory isn't powered so I'm not sure a sergeant would be able to pass out weapons.

Understood. But that doesn't stop us from promoting one to be ready for when it is operational. We want to be able to arm ourselves if needed.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #2191
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Just catching up while on the road, will give me some time to think
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #2192
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Which is why I thought that should be prioritized over the medical facilities or anything really. Really, without power, very little in this camp works.

Yeah. I would hope that the engineers would understand the ramifications of that at this point in the game.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #2193
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The promotion from my training takes place tomorrow anyway. That probably won;t matte,r assuming we can get stuff fixed today.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #2194
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm fairly torn. It seems as though either kind of research would take about the same amount of time to complete from this point. And each confers a distinct benefit. The question becomes this -- would we rather be able to convert/repair more quickly to get off the planet sooner (and thereby prevent the creation of new spawn), or would we rather be able to start picking off spawn with the detector?

That's a great summation. I guess I'll defer somewhat to people who have played precious spawn games, but maybe now I'm leaning more towards medium because we can't handle a ton of mutations, especially if we can't heal them.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #2195
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah. I would hope that the engineers would understand the ramifications of that at this point in the game.

People keep rushing me into stuff. Every time I log on for the first time in a day it's "Simbo, do this NOW!". Crimson said it was suspicious and then he just did it to me. I get that not showing up for day 1 was a major strike against me, but I've been busting my butt to try to help since then. I feel like I'm in one of those positions where the shit just keeps rolling downhill onto me.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #2196
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The promotion from my training takes place tomorrow anyway. That probably won;t matte,r assuming we can get stuff fixed today.

Packer (in LSG's previous position) can reassign someone to immediately take that position.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
People keep rushing me into stuff. Every time I log on for the first time in a day it's "Simbo, do this NOW!". Crimson said it was suspicious and then he just did it to me. I get that not showing up for day 1 was a major strike against me, but I've been busting my butt to try to help since then. I feel like I'm in one of those positions where the shit just keeps rolling downhill onto me.

Don't worry, Simbo, I understand where you're coming from. I don't know about anyone else, but I am fully aware it was CF who made the decision to push that. He went forward with it with his orders, too, before waiting to see if the remaining crew had a consensus on that being the priority he made it out to be.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2198
Zinto
College Starter

Terrible, terrible night results. Do we have enough people to get the power back on. If we do not have access to the armory, I think we will be in a tough position trying to protect people or places tonight.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #2199
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If we don't do everything we can to get multiple spawn today, we're not getting anywhere.

FUCK EA
Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #2200
Zinto
College Starter

The other question is do we want to have an away team try to get water? We are going to run out tomorrow.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote