Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Bowling Green Massacre? Seriously?

I wonder why they didn't cover it...

Jesus, she makes Sarah Palin look like a member of MENSA
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #2154
digamma
Torchbearer

I actually think Conway is really freaking smart. She just has no qualms about being completely dishonest if it helps her advance her position.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #2155
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Agreed.

It was after watching Conway a couple times on TV, and seeing how she could potentially come across to folks who want to believe her, that I said out loud that Trump may actually have a chance at winning this thing.

She's good at her job.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #2156
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I actually think Conway is really freaking smart. She just has no qualms about being completely dishonest if it helps her advance her position.

She's incredibly clever - she lies through her teeth knowing the target audience won't care and often she wants the lies to be discredited as they're distracting from what the other hand is doing (dismantling Dodd Frank and De Voss at present).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #2157
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
She's incredibly clever - she lies through her teeth knowing the target audience won't care and often she wants the lies to be discredited as they're distracting from what the other hand is doing (dismantling Dodd Frank and De Voss at present).

Don't tell the angry liberals on the board that. They're still absolutely positive that these people don't have a brain.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #2158
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Don't tell the angry liberals on the board that. They're still absolutely positive that these people don't have a brain.

Huh? I would be far less worried if I thought these people didn't have a brain.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 02-03-2017 at 10:35 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #2159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

It's what separates Chaotic Neutral from Chaotic Evil on the D&D Alignment chart
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2160
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah . . . I can call the current GOP leaders lots of things, but I think that they are incredibly smart and amazing at politics.

But if it makes you feel better to be wrong about incorrect things about libburls are "absolutely positive" about, then go ahead. It's almost the weekend. Enjoy yourself.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #2161
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think they're many things.

Hypocrites (then again, you probably have to do six hypocritical things before lunch to be a politician)

Completely amoral.

Heartless assholes

The very definition of the money-changers that Jesus kicked out of the temple.

But not people who don't have a brain.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #2162
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Yeah . . . I can call the current GOP leaders lots of things, but I think that they are incredibly smart and amazing at politics.

But if it makes you feel better to be wrong about incorrect things about libburls are "absolutely positive" about, then go ahead. It's almost the weekend. Enjoy yourself.

You're not an angry liberal, so my statement remains correct.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #2163
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm kind of feeling like we are witnessing Zapp Brannigan's advice for what to say to your date. "Here's my book of pickup lines. Say as many as you can as fast as you can." There seems to be a book of "How to insult other countries so that they will go to war with you" book that Trump and Bannon are using the same process for.

Double Date-Futurama - Video Clip | Comedy Central
Old 02-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #2164
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I think they're many things.

Hypocrites (then again, you probably have to do six hypocritical things before lunch to be a politician)

Completely amoral.

Heartless assholes

The very definition of the money-changers that Jesus kicked out of the temple.

But not people who don't have a brain.

This is where we have to be very careful and draw a very, very fine line. Everyone who supports Trump isn't one, two or all of those things. The left is not filled with violent people who would rather resort to physical violence than let a controversial speaker from the right speak.

If we continue down that path, things are going to get brutal for all of us. I've been watching a ton of the hard left/hard right speakers the last few weeks on youtube. TRhe thing that is most striking to me is how much each side wants to paint the other as horrible people. They both do it from the attitude that "I AM RIGHT" so they feel they can say or do anything they want.

I was just told (and correctly so because I think I got it wrong) by members of this board that 18 year olds could change when they took science courses. I'm going to guess they don't change when the prof walks into the room and says "If you believe in creationism, you are a moron who wastes oxygen for the rest of us"

Some people ARE all of those things. But not all. In fact, not most. I don't care how much the hate flows through you, watch the terminology.

Or don't. Maybe you feel, like I did earlier in the thread, that they've already made up their minds and someone who is wrong on something is a heartless asshole or stupid. That's fine. Just understand by saying that we are exactly 0.000% closer to having a better society.

Writing this is really for me by the way, not you. I see myself making the same mistakes and I am working hard to make sure I don't do it anymore. I believe that attitude is a HUGE part of what caused the democrats to lose the rust belt and is a massive reason we have Trump in office. Maybe I'm wrong on that. . . . but it isn't going to hurt me or anyone else to be more careful of the language I use when describing people who disagree with my views.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #2165
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

She probably falls in the middle. She isn't some complete moron that some people describe. She's also not playing 3-D chess with the world either.

People like that have existed forever. Alex Jones types that understand there is an audience that is quite gullible and stupid. Just because they cater to them doesn't make them stupid themselves.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #2166
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
This is where we have to be very careful and draw a very, very fine line. Everyone who supports Trump isn't one, two or all of those things. The left is not filled with violent people who would rather resort to physical violence than let a controversial speaker from the right speak.

If we continue down that path, things are going to get brutal for all of us. I've been watching a ton of the hard left/hard right speakers the last few weeks on youtube. TRhe thing that is most striking to me is how much each side wants to paint the other as horrible people. They both do it from the attitude that "I AM RIGHT" so they feel they can say or do anything they want.

I was just told (and correctly so because I think I got it wrong) by members of this board that 18 year olds could change when they took science courses. I'm going to guess they don't change when the prof walks into the room and says "If you believe in creationism, you are a moron who wastes oxygen for the rest of us"

Some people ARE all of those things. But not all. In fact, not most. I don't care how much the hate flows through you, watch the terminology.

Or don't. Maybe you feel, like I did earlier in the thread, that they've already made up their minds and someone who is wrong on something is a heartless asshole or stupid. That's fine. Just understand by saying that we are exactly 0.000% closer to having a better society.

Writing this is really for me by the way, not you. I see myself making the same mistakes and I am working hard to make sure I don't do it anymore. I believe that attitude is a HUGE part of what caused the democrats to lose the rust belt and is a massive reason we have Trump in office. Maybe I'm wrong on that. . . . but it isn't going to hurt me or anyone else to be more careful of the language I use when describing people who disagree with my views.

I meant the GOP politicians, not the followers btw,
Old 02-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #2167
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Was kind of wondering if Conway had accidentally leaked something she received in a briefing. As in perhaps there actually was a substantially foiled plot there(bowling Green) and we gained intelligence about it thru a channel we didn't want to burn?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #2168
Easy Mac

Sean, can you confirm or deny that 100k Visas were revoked, per reports.

Huh, news to me, next question.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #2169
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Was kind of wondering if Conway had accidentally leaked something she received in a briefing. As in perhaps there actually was a substantially foiled plot there(bowling Green) and we gained intelligence about it thru a channel we didn't want to burn?

From a vox article:

Quote:
Where Conway is coming from (I think)
In 2011, two Iraqi refugees, Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, were arrested in Bowling Green, Kentucky, on federal terrorism charges. Allegedly, they had been plotting to send money and weapons back home to Iraqi insurgents.

During the investigation, the FBI found something worrying: fingerprints from Alwan on a roadside bomb in Iraq. This suggested there was a very specific flaw in America’s refugee screening process: Databases of fingerprints from Iraqi militants were not well-integrated into the broader State Department–run refugee admissions process. As a result, the Obama administration initiated a new review of all roughly 57,000 Iraqi refugees who had been recently admitted into the United States.

This process was manpower- and time-intensive, and resulted in a significant slowdown in Iraqi refugee admissions to the United States for six months. But it was not a ban, as Conway, Trump, and many in the conservative media claimed: Refugees from Iraq entered the United States in all six months.

and a link to the source for that:

FBI — Two Iraqi Nationals Indicted on Federal Terrorism Charges in Kentucky
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #2170
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

All politicians seriously need a refresher on proper IT protocol. There's a ton of holes in the IT up on the Hill. Even though this involved House Dems, I have little doubt that both sides of the aisle are equally negligent.

Police probing IT contractors for House Dems over ‘unauthorized’ computer access | Fox News
Old 02-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #2171
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Interesting take on Russia and Europe.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30...dy-are-at-war/
Old 02-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #2172
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

what briefing? they said they didn't go to briefings.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #2173
sabotai
General Manager

This is a thing that I found to be funny.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #2174
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

If memory serves, the Iraqi dude whose arrest prompted the Obama Administration to re-examine the Iraqis in the country (because his fingerprints were found on IEDs in Iraq) was arrested in Bowling Green.

He and his companion were charged with supporting terror plots in Iraq.

Iraqi + Obama Administration re-examination + location = whip the base into BOWLING GREEN MASSACRE TERRISTS TERRISTS SUPPORT THE BAN

People can be convinced they remember things they don't actually, and it's not terribly hard to do.

Shit, I'm 36 years old and my brain is absolutely convinced the iPod was a thing when I was in the 2nd grade (as in, it shows up on the regular when I dream about my primary school days).

Factually, I know my brain is fullashit.

My brain is a little more recalcitrant to accept that.

Folks remembering Muslims cheering in the streets of New Jersey on 9/11 and "the Bowling Green Massacre" are, admittedly, more extreme examples of the phenomenon, but there you are.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #2175
sabotai
General Manager

https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #2176
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

Yeah, I think this is a great post. I don't think personally anyone is ever going to get me to not be completely horrified at the way the Trump administration is going, but I'm trying not to have this visceral reaction to anything that I read or hear and actually consider the source before tearing into something.

A good example would be reading a headline yesterday that "Trump administration vetoes Obama bill to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill" and my blood pressure immediately goes through the roof - but then you read a couple of articles from different places and it turns out it's very likely a shittily written piece of legislation that is opposed by the NRA and the ACLU and was crammed in at the end of Obama's term with the expectation that he'd have a Democratic president to carry it forward. Pretty sure I still disagree with the decision, but at least you can have a debate about it. Rather than immediately going to "what the fuck are these morons doing" which shuts down any chance of a conversation at all.

Sadly I don't see any way we're backing off the precipice of anything that doesn't come from my side is a piece of shit and if you aren't on my side you are complete scum, and it's not just in the US either. World feels like it's heading down a dangerous path again.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #2177
whomario
Pro Starter

Am i the only one that finds it inherently wrong that supposedly binding contracts between countries or between countries and people can just be overturned on the drop of the hat just because there is a change in leadership ? I mean, imagine this happened at lower levels/in industry.

At the very least there should have to be a sort of "notice period" (or is there one that i missed ?)

(yes, i realize a Visa is not a contract, but it is close enough as an analogy ...)

If i buy a ticket to a concert and the organizing firm/arena management changes, my ticket does not suddenly become null and void without repayment. If two firms reach an agreement and the ownership changes, new ownership still has to honor any agreements in place or re-negotiate.

Quote:
All politicians seriously need a refresher on proper IT protocol. There's a ton of holes in the IT up on the Hill. Even though this involved House Dems, I have little doubt that both sides of the aisle are equally negligent.

Police probing IT contractors for House Dems over ‘unauthorized’ computer access | Fox News

I know for a fact that a member of the german "Bundestag" (kind of like the Congress) routinely forgot his written-down list of passwords lying around on his desk and was insanely ill-equiped in that area in general (a friend of mine worked in his office). And that guy was one of the younger members ...

I wouldn´t be shocked if Trump was using the same password for his Twitter than he does for official devices (just going to assume they are password protected) and also has his password saved on all his devices
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-03-2017 at 03:48 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #2178
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
A good example would be reading a headline yesterday that "Trump administration vetoes Obama bill to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill" and my blood pressure immediately goes through the roof - but then you read a couple of articles from different places and it turns out it's very likely a shittily written piece of legislation that is opposed by the NRA and the ACLU and was crammed in at the end of Obama's term with the expectation that he'd have a Democratic president to carry it forward. Pretty sure I still disagree with the decision, but at least you can have a debate about it. Rather than immediately going to "what the fuck are these morons doing" which shuts down any chance of a conversation at all.

It's simply a regulation that says the Social Security Administration would report those who are collecting disability benefits for severe mental disorders to the FBI background check system. That way their name would come up when purchasing a gun.

Basically if you are deemed so mentally ill that you cannot handle your own financial affairs, you are temporarily denied a gun. Whether you agree with it or not it's not shoddily put together. Just a regulation.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #2179
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I wouldn´t be shocked if Trump was using the same password for his Twitter than he does for official devices (just going to assume they are password protected) and also has his password saved on all his devices

I don't know if there's been an update on this but he was still using a Galaxy S3 not too long ago. That'd be a much bigger concern for me than password protection. Hacking an S3 is ridiculously easy.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #2180
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump has made his empire by welshing out of contracts and daring people to do something about it. We shouldn't be surprised when he does the same in office.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #2181
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Some interesting thoughts from Dave Rubin about classic vs modern liberalism plays out in regards to the reaction to Trump.

The Left is No Longer Liberal
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #2182
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Some interesting thoughts from Dave Rubin about classic vs modern liberalism plays out in regards to the reaction to Trump.

The Left is No Longer Liberal

That is awesome. I find myself agreeing a lot with what he says. I may need to learn a bit more about this Rubin character.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #2183
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The regressive left, as I call them, should stop labeling people.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #2184
whomario
Pro Starter

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...gration-order/

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-04-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #2185
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

The Rise of Partisanship in the US House of Representatives

An interesting use of big data to visualize both when the drift apart from working together like adults happened and which members still kept trying. It certainly makes the current presidential situation seem inevitable, and also dispels the myth that things have always been this toxic.

The positioning of Ron Paul in 2005 and 2007 also furthers my belief that my views, which I would say are somewhere between Reagan conservative and sensible libertarianism, are fairly close to classic liberalism.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 02-04-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #2186
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
The Rise of Partisanship in the US House of Representatives

An interesting use of big data to visualize both when the drift apart from working together like adults happened and which members still kept trying. It certainly makes the current presidential situation seem inevitable, and also dispels the myth that things have always been this toxic.

The positioning of Ron Paul in 2005 and 2007 also furthers my belief that my views, which I would say are somewhere between Reagan conservative and sensible libertarianism, are fairly close to classic liberalism.

Wow, that´s a pretty amazing project.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #2187
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

You can have a brain and still be stupid, it's called common sense. She really isn't distracting anybody paying attention.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #2188
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Who's paying attention?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #2189
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Who's paying attention?

Touche
Old 02-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #2190
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So with today's overturn...

1. Trumps' followers can blame liberal judges for making us unsafe.
2. If a terror attack happens now it is the liberal judges' fault.

Maybe Trump and/or his team aren't as dumb as some think?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #2191
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You can twist anything to look genius, it's entertaining seeing the mental acrobats people in this thread pull. Trumps an idiot and none of these actions are strokes of genius, they are strokes of belligerence and short sited thinking. I'm watching my dog attack a stuff animal, I think she may have an IQ point or 2 on Trump.

I don't think his team consists of mental midgets like Trump, they just leave me pining for the days when reasonable people like Dick Cheney ran the country. What I don't know is if the disaster we have witnessed thus far is a product of Trump's stupidty(while ignoring his advisors) or the flat out extemism of his team.

Last edited by jeff061 : 02-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #2192
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
You can twist anything to look genius, it's entertaining seeing the mental acrobats people in this thread pull. Trumps an idiot and none of these actions are strokes of genius, they are strokes of belligerence and short sited thinking. I'm watching my dog attack a stuff animal, I think she may have an IQ point or 2 on Trump.

I don't think his team consists of mental midgets like Trump, they just leave me pining for the days when reasonable people like Dick Cheney ran the country. What I don't know is if the disaster we have witnessed thus far is a product of Trump's stupidty(while ignoring his advisors) or the flat out extemism of his team.

Hey I'm not spinning for Trump at all but I'm also not so blinded by hate for the guy that I think everything he does is pure ignorance/racism. The guy just won not only the GOP primary but the presidential election. There are a lot of people that aspire to do both and do neither. The question you have to ask yourself...

So everyone on FOFC and facebook/social media sees right through the holes in Trump's administration's plans but there aren't any guys on his entire team that are able to do the same thinking as my 19 year old cousin and 13-year old niece? You may find his methods disgusting and underhanded but I would not be so sure they are just stupidity and extreme right wing madness. Maybe they knew exactly what kind of unloseable situation they set themselves up for with their immigration order last week?

EDIT: And I know its real easy to rag on the guy I agree he is a dickhead and narcissist. But if you really think he has no intelligence and anyone in the world can build a real estate empire and become a billionaire president as long as they start with some money than I'm sure there are more than a handful of examples who can prove you wrong. (Mitt Romney, Steve Forbes, John McCain, Ross Perot, John Kerry...)

Last edited by panerd : 02-04-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #2193
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Well, none of them had the Russians on their side.

If there's a major terrorist attack it would be blamed on liberals anyway, so this doesn't really change anything.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #2194
Jas_lov
College Starter

The judge was a GWB appointee
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #2195
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
The judge was a GWB appointee

Let's not get into the details shall we.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #2196
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Yep, Bush appointee who was approved 99-0.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #2197
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Well, none of them had the Russians on their side.

If there's a major terrorist attack it would be blamed on liberals anyway, so this doesn't really change anything.

on the Russia joke.

I agree on the blame thing but I also think this ban was all politics. Trump is masterful at playing to his base and makes no apologies about it. Not policies I support or want but just like The Wire I have to respect his game. I think the people that want him to be some unintelligent imbecile that gets impeached in two years are going to suffer the same disappointment as those who thought George W Bush was over his head, uneducated, and on the way out in 2002. (And likely many of them are the same people)

Last edited by panerd : 02-04-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #2198
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So he's instituted a controversial and hastily rolled out refugee ban on the off chance that a liberal judge would overturn it and there'd be a terrorist attack by someone from one of the seven countries in the ban? I don't think he's dumb, but if his plan is what you claim, then he's not only incredibly dumb, but insanely fucking evil.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #2199
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
So he's instituted a controversial and hastily rolled out refugee ban on the off chance that a liberal judge would overturn it and there'd be a terrorist attack by someone from one of the seven countries in the ban? I don't think he's dumb, but if his plan is what you claim, then he's not only incredibly dumb, but insanely fucking evil.

No I don't think he is banking on a terror attack at all. I think his team and him came up with a plan that has three parts...

1) gives the base the red meat they desire with the campaign promise of a Muslim ban
2) knew that it would probably not fly and thus can rail on liberal courts and not protecting America
3) ace in the hole if something bad happens, not their fault

Contrast that with Obama and health care or many other issues. He does the more practical and fair thing of attempting to compromise and in turns really pisses off the GOP voters and loses a lot of his base. Suppose he signed an executive order on single payer health care... now he has solidified his base and could always blame the republicans for upending his proposal.

I don't think it's right or practical governing but also don't think it's just because trump has the IQ of jeff061's dog either.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #2200
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
No I don't think he is banking on a terror attack at all. I think his team and him came up with a plan that has three parts...

1) gives the base the red meat they desire with the campaign promise of a Muslim ban
2) knew that it would probably not fly and thus can rail on liberal courts and not protecting America
3) ace in the hole if something bad happens, not their fault

Contrast that with Obama and health care or many other issues. He does the more practical and fair thing of attempting to compromise and in turns really pisses off the GOP voters and loses a lot of his base. Suppose he signed an executive order on single payer health care... now he has solidified his base and could always blame the republicans for upending his proposal.

I don't think it's right or practical governing but also don't think it's just because trump has the IQ of jeff061's dog either.

You can't just Executive Order whatever you want. Trump learned that when he found out he can't just erase the ACA.

Dems can still blame Republicans if they get rid of the ACA without putting something better in its place. That's why the repeal ACA hasn't gained much traction yet.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote