Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #2151
tarcone
Coordinator

Nope to Galaxy Trucker.

My game day got canceled. One guy had a baby, anothers wife got hyper-sensitive because she is pregnant and made the guy go to some "baby thingy".

So I went to my daughters basketball tourney instead. Yes I was going to miss the tourney for this holiday.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #2152
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I went to a local game store and played Forbidden Desert and Sleeping Queens with the kids. My 6 yo daughter is really getting involved in board games - which is pretty freaken sweet!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #2153
Galaril
Pro Starter

Anyone who has played Navajo Wars tell me if it is as steep learning curve as it is made out to be in the reviews? I wanted to get it ad my 11 year old has an interest in the time period.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #2154
tarcone
Coordinator

I dont know your son. But It took me awhile to grasp it. The curve is steep.
But it is a great game with an outstanding walk through to help you grasp the rules and mechanics.

Another game you may want to check out is Mound Builders.

http://victorypointgames.com/details.php?prodId=269

This is a VPG about the civilizations of North America from pre-christianity to the introduction of European colonists. This game looks awesome. It is in their States of Siege series, which are really easy to learn, but has tough decisions. May be a better selection.

The boxed edition is $27.99.

Last edited by tarcone : 04-06-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #2155
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #2156
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #2157
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm trying to spread the work for this Kickstarter Campaign by my friend Keith from PLAAY Games. It's a relatively small effort intended to improve the component quality of the game, specifically one of the dice that is unique and requires a special order from his supplier.

Factory-Made Decider Die for HISTORY MAKER BASEBALL! by Keith Avallone — Kickstarter

He's already reached his goal (and then some), but if you were on the fence about trying this game, one of the pledge amounts will get you the game for less than usual. If you are looking for a unique tabletop-baseball game, something a little different than Strat/APBA/Replay/Dynasty League/etc where intangibles can have an impact on the outcome of a game, I'd encourage you to give it a try!

You can learn more about the game itself here:
HISTORY MAKER BASEBALL Big League Baseball Board Game

Finally ordered this yesterday first Baseball board game I have purchased since Hot Corner baseball in 1991. Had an email waiting this morning indicating it would ship today, so will hopefully be playing when the kids come over next weekend.

Haven't really been this eager to play a sports board game in quite some time, but the more I look into this I am thinking I am going to get a lot of time out of it. Ordered the 1923 season and the fictional Century League set, which has the feel of J Henry Waugh's Universal Baseball Association from the excellent Robert Coover novel.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #2158
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Finally ordered this yesterday first Baseball board game I have purchased since Hot Corner baseball in 1991. Had an email waiting this morning indicating it would ship today, so will hopefully be playing when the kids come over next weekend.

Haven't really been this eager to play a sports board game in quite some time, but the more I look into this I am thinking I am going to get a lot of time out of it. Ordered the 1923 season and the fictional Century League set, which has the feel of J Henry Waugh's Universal Baseball Association from the excellent Robert Coover novel.

Awesome! If you have any questions once you get the game, feel free to hit me up here or on Delphi (Padresfan).
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #2159
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I played a game called Yikerz on the weekend that was a lot of fun. Basically you each get a handful of magnets and try to align them on a board without attracting any other magnets. It was a lot of fun and I planned to buy it when I got home (we were visiting friends out of town) because my kids really enjoyed it. Then I found out the game has been banned in Canada because someone died from swallowing the magnets. I'm sure I could find a copy if I poke around, but then I wonder if that would be irresponsible parenting. So that sucks.

I also played Hive, it was a fun little game, kind of like a simpler version of chess in a way. I might pick it up at some point although I'm not sure who would play with me so I'm holding off for now.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #2160
Thomkal
Head Coach

And in less than a week Season 3 of Tabletop is a go:

TableTop Season 3 Is A Go! What's Next Wil Wheaton? - YouTube
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #2161
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Did a mock runthrough of Star Realms. It is straightforward enough to where people who have played deck builders can pick it up extremely quickly and almost no teaching, and it plays fast.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #2162
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Awesome! If you have any questions once you get the game, feel free to hit me up here or on Delphi (Padresfan).

Got here today and tinkering with the century league, love the names, definitely J Henry Waugh worthy. Just curious, do you use all the optional rules? They definitely add a lot of flavor and don't extend play time any, but seems like a lot to keep track of.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 04-10-2014 at 10:23 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #2163
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Got here today and tinkering with the century league, love the names, definitely J Henry Waugh worthy. Just curious, do you use all the optional rules? They definitely add a lot of flavor and don't extend play time any, but seems like a lot to keep track of.

Do you mean the Advanced Options? I don't use them all, just the ones that make most sense to me. Symbols on the main chart are easy, so I use them. I also use Shutout Freshness.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #2164
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was going through a box of stuff my mom and dad brought down on their last trip that was in the back of a closet at their house. In there was a folder with my old D&D rulebooks from 1980. The basic rulebook is in there, as well modules B2, B3 and B4. I remember trying to write a BASIC program that would serve as the Dungeon Master.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #2165
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Ordered a wooden insert from The Broken Token. Despite their assembly guide saying you could use a number of things, I went and did it bare handed and never felt that much need to use anything else. It will take a firm and lighter touch to put the pieces together though. I rocked them back and forth until they went in. Two day shipping was nice as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #2166
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I was going through a box of stuff my mom and dad brought down on their last trip that was in the back of a closet at their house. In there was a folder with my old D&D rulebooks from 1980. The basic rulebook is in there, as well modules B2, B3 and B4. I remember trying to write a BASIC program that would serve as the Dungeon Master.

Nice find!

B2 was the first ever D&D module I ever played. I was 7 years old and my friends' mom was our Dungeon Master. Even to this day, I know that you walk 10 feet in and there is a pit trap. To your left is a room with giant rats to the right kobolds.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #2167
gi
College Prospect

Doing an online game using B5 Horror on the Hill as inspiration.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #2168
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Had another splurge order on CSI: Clash of Monarchs, Cruel Necessity, and Navajo Wars. Looking forward to all 3 quite a bit.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #2169
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Ordered stuff from CSI. It is suppose to arrive on the 16th. Last tracking update was the 12th. I understand the weekend happened, but this is the first time I haven't seen an update during a weekday.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #2170
tarcone
Coordinator

I just placed an order at CSI over the weekend, as well. I ordered Saturday night and my expected delivery is the 16th.
I got Lincoln's War and Rommel in the Desert.

My collection of wargames is growing.

I have a guy who wants to play this Summer. So we will be playing all these games throughout the Summer. Cant wait.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #2171
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Had another splurge order on CSI: Clash of Monarchs, Cruel Necessity, and Navajo Wars. Looking forward to all 3 quite a bit.

I've been playing Cruel Necessity constantly since January. It is a great game and plays differently every time through. I want to pick up more State of Siege titles, but then I wouldn't have as much time to play Cruel Necessity.

the best I do is match the historic results. Sometimes I get hammered by the dice. The battle map is a simple but terrific method for getting tactics into a strategic game. Always a nail biter, battles in this game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #2172
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Ordered stuff from CSI. It is suppose to arrive on the 16th. Last tracking update was the 12th. I understand the weekend happened, but this is the first time I haven't seen an update during a weekday.

Still no update as of today. If there's nothing by tomorrow and it isn't delivered, I guess I'm going to have to bug some people. Not really fond of a $100 order sitting out in limbo.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #2173
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Still no update as of today. If there's nothing by tomorrow and it isn't delivered, I guess I'm going to have to bug some people. Not really fond of a $100 order sitting out in limbo.

I've had the same issue before on an order. It showed up in the normal time-frame - I just didn't get any update. They do have excellent customer service if you do end up calling them.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #2174
tarcone
Coordinator

My CSI order was updated today. It departed the Orlando facility this morning. Next shipping update is tomorrow.
I expect it to arrive Saturday.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #2175
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

My order is two copies of the Netrunner core set, and the rest is essentially accessories including sleeves, player mats, and a storage case for my two copies of Star Realms. I saw somebody on the BGG marketplace had a copy of a Like New Netrunner core set for $20 shipped so I grabbed it. It gives me the ability to have three of anything in a deck and all the more extras for alternate decks as well. Yeah, it isn't cost efficient since I'm really only "needing" roughly 20 cards, but it is still 50% off of retail so it is unlikely I am getting it cheaper any time soon since even OLGS prices aren't even going that low. I know a guy who is willing to run tournaments as well and another store is even more into the CCG/LCG side of things so I won't lack options in terms of playing.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #2176
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My roommates and I have decided to run a Formula D "World Championship." We've got 5 tracks (Monaco, Sebring, Singapore, Chicago and 'Race City'), and we're going to do each one in succession. Three lap races, each of the three of us will control a two car team. We've got some more rules in place, but the major thing is that we can customize our own car builds, tuned to our own specs.

Our first race (Singapore) has led to some crazy shenanigans already, and we haven't even finished lap 1. One of my drivers (Cole Trickle) blistered the field in qualifying and got the pole position...then proceeded to stall the engine on the start. One of my roommate Youmna's drivers (The Hamster) literally crashed in the grid and never even made it to the starting line (mostly her fault for tuning the car with only one point of body). I have rolled a 1 on a 20 sided die FOUR TIMES already, and both of my drivers are hurting badly in the body department, while both of Tony's drivers are on their last legs in both brakes and tires. We've paused as we all enter the final turn on the first lap, but we will finish this evening. Very intrigued to see how many of us actually finish the race
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #2177
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I've been playing Cruel Necessity constantly since January. It is a great game and plays differently every time through. I want to pick up more State of Siege titles, but then I wouldn't have as much time to play Cruel Necessity.

the best I do is match the historic results. Sometimes I get hammered by the dice. The battle map is a simple but terrific method for getting tactics into a strategic game. Always a nail biter, battles in this game.

That's exciting to hear. It was the last game I added to make sure I got to $100, but it sounded very interesting to me (I'm a sucker for anything with a map of England on it). I'm hoping it all arrives by Friday so I can bust them out this weekend.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #2178
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
My roommates and I have decided to run a Formula D "World Championship." We've got 5 tracks (Monaco, Sebring, Singapore, Chicago and 'Race City'), and we're going to do each one in succession. Three lap races, each of the three of us will control a two car team. We've got some more rules in place, but the major thing is that we can customize our own car builds, tuned to our own specs.

Our first race (Singapore) has led to some crazy shenanigans already, and we haven't even finished lap 1. One of my drivers (Cole Trickle) blistered the field in qualifying and got the pole position...then proceeded to stall the engine on the start. One of my roommate Youmna's drivers (The Hamster) literally crashed in the grid and never even made it to the starting line (mostly her fault for tuning the car with only one point of body). I have rolled a 1 on a 20 sided die FOUR TIMES already, and both of my drivers are hurting badly in the body department, while both of Tony's drivers are on their last legs in both brakes and tires. We've paused as we all enter the final turn on the first lap, but we will finish this evening. Very intrigued to see how many of us actually finish the race

Formula De/D is always better when played as a series. We still talk about races from past series, a race on Kylami is always a favorite as the race leader up by essentially 3 turns blew out his engine on the final straight. He wound up losing the series by 5 points or something like that.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #2179
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I've had the same issue before on an order. It showed up in the normal time-frame - I just didn't get any update. They do have excellent customer service if you do end up calling them.

They finally updated for today. It left Ohio on the 15th. I doubt it gets delivered on the 16th as it seems to sit there for a day regardless, but who knows. If Sci-fi City had some of the stuff I want from CSI, I might just fully switch to them. Their selection is kind of underwhelming, but generally they more than compete price wise and even can beat my CSI member price. It's just their shipping hurts them unless it is free, but it is 2-day shipping.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #2180
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Formula De/D is always better when played as a series. We still talk about races from past series, a race on Kylami is always a favorite as the race leader up by essentially 3 turns blew out his engine on the final straight. He wound up losing the series by 5 points or something like that.

Despite the fact that it was a brutal race (see below), we all really enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next!

Coming across the finish line to end lap one, Tony's racers opened a mammoth lead - they were both through the 2 stop first turn before any of the rest of us crossed the line for the first lap. Youmna, down to one driver (Burt Sienna) parlayed several brilliant turns in a row into a fantastic comeback, catching up to Mike Shoemaker and passing him in turn 5 for second place - but then the rains hit and all hell broke loose. My drivers (Ricky Bobby and Cole Trickle), already significantly behind, were suddenly sliding all over the place and losing even more ground. Sienna, flying dangerously quickly through some chicanes before the rain started, couldn't keep it together and spun into the wall, ending his (and Youmna's) race early. Ricky Bobby, following Sienna's lead mounted a strong push...but flamed out in the same turn seconds later. At that point, the racing committee decided that the race would be called due to rain at the end of the second lap. Frank Bullitt, miles ahead of the pack, coasted to an easy win. Mike Shoemaker managed to keep it together for 2nd place, and roughly 45 minutes later Cole Trickle (who rolls nothing but 4's) limped across the line for a bronze medal that he really didn't deserve.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #2181
Warhammer
Pro Starter

You don't call the race due to rain! I always loved changeable weather due to the added complexities of decisions you'd have to make.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #2182
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Order came in, sleeves bend the cards for Star Realms. Sigh. They work fine for Netrunner, but now I need to find better sleeves for Star Realms. Reports are they do flatten out, but they are too much of a pain to get in that I don't feel like dealing with it.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #2183
tarcone
Coordinator

Im anxiously waiting my CSI order. And I made a trad for my KSer Lost Valley game. I had the trade partner buy me Nuklear Winter 68: Heart of Darkness. This has shipped and is on the way.
And I have a trade in works for my copy of Mission: Red Planet for Soviet Dawn, Nemos War and Star Borders. 3 VPG titles I am very interested in.

I ned to stop collecting and start playing.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #2184
ColtCrazy
College Starter

My CSI order is now coming in two parts. Apparently after I ordered Cruel Necessity, they realized they needed to restock. So I probably won't be playing it this weekend.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #2185
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
And I have a trade in works for my copy of Mission: Red Planet for Soviet Dawn, Nemos War and Star Borders. 3 VPG titles I am very interested in.

You traded one game for three? I know MRP is OOP, but I think it is getting reprinted, IIRC. I know someday I'll get into wargames, but I don't see it happening for some time.

My next order is essentially set. First cycle and deluxe expansion for Netrunner. The amount of decks you can find posted at netrunnerdb after having the first cycle and deluxe expansion is significant.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #2186
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I felt like today and as of late was were I talked to a number of people and the overwhelming response was the games I feel are OK, meh, overplayed are the ones they like and vice versa. I understand people have different opinions, but this feels so one sided it is kind of discouraging.

Played Among the Stars. I still need a replay of 7 Wonders because it has been so long since I played it, but this might win out as being better. It gave me a Suburbia in space vibe which I'm obviously a sucker for. Without the trading of 7 Wonders, I think it might be closer to Suburbia than 7 Wonders or right in the middle. I know the KS is going on, but since I know somebody who has it, I'm holding off since it wasn't on my radar or wishlist anyway. This was roughly the one good thing that came out of gaming.

Titan: The Arena was next. This is the original version of Colossal Arena, which I had been wanting to play for some time. I like it, but I see no need to own it.

Finally was a play of Memoir '44, which, FYI, I kind of loath, but the guy really wanted to play it. I think enough time has passed to where I thought about the hand management enough to where I have come to terms with it. It felt better this time and I got a victory in the game despite have 3 out of 4 cards being "dead" for the last few rounds. I'll increase its rank, but I'm still not really certain of the dice system and card play could still be better. I still think one of the later versions of the C&C system totally kills Memoir '44. The guy says he has the original BattleLore so hopefully we can get a play of that in.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #2187
PilotMan
Head Coach

So I've been thinking that I wanted to give Settlers of Catan a go at some point but just couldn't justify the price point for it. Fast forward to yesterday and I'm in the local Goodwill on 50% off day and what do I find? A new, still sealed in the box, Settlers of Catan for $6. After the discount it was a whopping $3. Score for the day.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #2188
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So I've been thinking that I wanted to give Settlers of Catan a go at some point but just couldn't justify the price point for it. Fast forward to yesterday and I'm in the local Goodwill on 50% off day and what do I find? A new, still sealed in the box, Settlers of Catan for $6. After the discount it was a whopping $3. Score for the day.

Nice - I hear stories about scores like this but whenever my wife forces me to "shop" at a thrift store I see really really bad kid games for sale. Soooo - 'grats PM on the score!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 04-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #2189
tarcone
Coordinator

Nice pick up. I have a couple thrift store stories.

I found Wits and Wagers for $4.50. Bought it. Always wanted it. Of course, me and my wife arent very social. What can you do?

I was at a Goodwill. Saw Risk 2210 AD. I have been interested in this game. And I was thinking. SCORE! It was open. Thats ok. Checked the price. $30. Are you kidding me? At a Goodwill, $30? I could buy NIS for $31.

That was a disappointment.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #2190
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Ok throwing it out for the Dayton crowd, if anyone needs a gaming partner let me know.

Also, I played a relatively new game called Quantum. This is a borderline filler tactical space combat game. It plays in roughly an hour and the first person to colonize 5 planets wins. The interesting part is all ships are dice. Combat is the total of the ship die with an additional combat die. Lower value loses. Movement is equal to the value of the ship's die. So a 1 is powerful in combat but slow moving where as a 6 moves far but is terrible in combat.

If you are looking for a fast paced tactical space game this works.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #2191
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

B&N is having a 50% off sale. You can go online and select to pick games up locally. Prices should scan correctly in the store although the sale starts Friday. I reserved Power Grid and Descent. Both games I contacted other people based on them wanting those games, and I'll see if they do want them. In the case of Descent, I can pick it up if the other guy doesn't. I already know somebody who has Power Grid so I see little use in getting a copy.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #2192
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
B&N is having a 50% off sale. You can go online and select to pick games up locally. Prices should scan correctly in the store although the sale starts Friday. I reserved Power Grid and Descent. Both games I contacted other people based on them wanting those games, and I'll see if they do want them. In the case of Descent, I can pick it up if the other guy doesn't. I already know somebody who has Power Grid so I see little use in getting a copy.

B and N?
Old 04-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #2193
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Barnes and Noble.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #2194
britrock88
Pro Starter

So you're saying the prices will be discounted in the store, though not on the website?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #2195
cschex
High School Varsity

Correct. If you reserve through their online process, the reservation they send should reflect the discounted price.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #2196
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Power Grid is definitely on sale but it was out-of-stock at my location. Descent is not part of the deal. I know Castles of Burgundy is on sale as well. I'm not sure if the newer Flash Point: Fire Rescue is part of it or not, but it does look like the older version is.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #2197
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Decided I was tired of going through ink for making player aids and putting them in a binder. I started putting the PDFs on my Kindle.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #2198
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Decided I was tired of going through ink for making player aids and putting them in a binder. I started putting the PDFs on my Kindle.

That....is a really good idea.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #2199
tarcone
Coordinator

Just picked up World in Flames in a BGG auction. This is a HUGE games. It is a WW2 game that encompasses the ENTIRE war. And the entire world.

It is a monster.

It goes into my collection of games I will play upon retirement. Or when I can leave a game set up without my cat eating pieces.

World in Flames | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Old 05-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #2200
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Just picked up World in Flames in a BGG auction. This is a HUGE games. It is a WW2 game that encompasses the ENTIRE war. And the entire world.

It is a monster.

It goes into my collection of games I will play upon retirement. Or when I can leave a game set up without my cat eating pieces.

World in Flames | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Yeah, that's one of THE epic war games. Playing a game in months, possibly years if you have to play in short bursts. It's one of those bucket list games for me. I'd love to pay it sometime.