Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #2101
JeanGrey
Mascot

Attack Glactus
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #2102
Mimic
High School JV

Okay....going through the thread to find out what I missed. I didn't start at page 1, but I went back to page 1 to look at the player list. I noticed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Could the telepath that was controlling Nightcrawler's actions have been this one? I can't remember off the top of my head, but was he controlled the first day?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #2103
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I wish for you to attack the Planet Eater, Ms. Grey. It may not be perfect, but we must balance that versus changing up the types of attacks, teams and numbers.
As you wish.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #2104
Aardwolf
n00b

attack Samurai

My reasons remain the same.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #2105
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Locked Stocked and Ready to Rock Droid Boy.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #2106
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Care to expound upon them Aardwolf?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #2107
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post

Could the telepath that was controlling Nightcrawler's actions have been this one? I can't remember off the top of my head, but was he controlled the first day?
I think this very well could be the consequences that had been talked about for not completing a mission. Good detective work.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #2108
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Care to expound upon them Aardwolf?

Samurai immediately jumped on the "no lynch" attack proposal day one, a plan which would make all day one activity useless to try to disect (a perfecgt hiding place for the rebellion and their day one attacks). Then the Samurai seemingly attacked the target with added energy (though this went against the idea of the original plan) and was too quick to be defensive about the attack after seeing that the damage dealt was posted so that all could see the numbers did not add up to a minimum attack. In addition there was a recent mission in which he apparantly did nothing to help.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #2109
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Doctor Victor von Doom, I would seek an audience with you of a matter of some importance.

You have proven yourself to be a worthy and demanding leader, and I am honored to have been selected as your Prelate. I trust that I have honored you with my performance thus far.

However, I find my attention unavoidably wavering, due to events from elsewhere, and fear that I may at some point be delayed when my lord requires immediate action.

Therefore I submit to your judgement with regard to my continued suitability to maintain this lofty post at this time. I will continue on to the best of my ability should you wish it, and yet will I understand if you choose instead that I shall be set aside.

In either case I will continue to work with diligence to disrupting the forces arrayed against your rule.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #2110
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Samurai immediately jumped on the "no lynch" attack proposal day one, a plan which would make all day one activity useless to try to disect (a perfecgt hiding place for the rebellion and their day one attacks). Then the Samurai seemingly attacked the target with added energy (though this went against the idea of the original plan) and was too quick to be defensive about the attack after seeing that the damage dealt was posted so that all could see the numbers did not add up to a minimum attack. In addition there was a recent mission in which he apparantly did nothing to help.

I thought that Samurai said he did not spend additional energy, and neither did Colossus, but then later Colossus admitted to spending extra energy (which means he originally lied).. if so Samurai didn't lie about not spending additional energy correct?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #2111
Mimic
High School JV

Sorry, still at work so going through the thread as well as talking on the phone.

Quote:
Okay....going through the thread to find out what I missed. I didn't start at page 1, but I went back to page 1 to look at the player list. I noticed this:

Did some digging and Nightcrawler said it was the first night that he received a PM about it. I would probably conclude that the Rebels are using the telepath...

I wonder if they used him last night?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #2112
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I thought that Samurai said he did not spend additional energy, and neither did Colossus, but then later Colossus admitted to spending extra energy (which means he originally lied).. if so Samurai didn't lie about not spending additional energy correct?

I believe this is an accurate rendering of what happened.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #2113
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

And the Silver Samurai is protecting me tonight. I would rather he not do so in a weakened state.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #2114
Punisher
High School JV

Is Doom's request self-suficient? I have no problem guarding anyone, or do one of the prelates have to 'order' me to do so?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #2115
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
So far Colossus, Quicksilver and Ghost Rider have pledged to this very important task. Scarlet Witch pledges to help from earth. I would see more pledge their energy to it.

Mimic, you possess the power to make this mission succeed singlehandedly with your energy stores. Prove your loyalty to Doom by eradicating the rebellion today.

Here are the Strike Teams Doom suggests. Disagree if you wish, but unexplained insubordination will be suspect.

Rebel Mission
Colossus
Emma Frost
Firebird
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Mimic
Quicksilver
Silver Surfer

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf
Beast
Cable
Henry Pym
Hulk
Kang
Vision

Tonight's Guards
Magneto
Nick Fury
Punisher
Silver Samurai
Spiderman

Mr. Fantastic I will expect you to open the portal to the Negative Zone tonight.

ALL HAIL DOOM
I'll go on the mission if you think I can singlehandedly stop the Rebels. Any suggestions on how much energy I should spend?

I hope you realize that I will not stop Galactus in this case...even with the Scarlet Witch's assistance.

Can you respond to these concerns before I commit to the mission as well as why you trust me so much (if you able to publicly)?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #2116
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Is Doom's request self-suficient? I have no problem guarding anyone, or do one of the prelates have to 'order' me to do so?
A prelate or Doom must order you.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #2117
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I'll go on the mission if you think I can singlehandedly stop the Rebels. Any suggestions on how much energy I should spend?

I hope you realize that I will not stop Galactus in this case...even with the Scarlet Witch's assistance.

Can you respond to these concerns before I commit to the mission as well as why you trust me so much (if you able to publicly)?

I don't think it would be logical for people to call you on going on a mission that Doom instructed for you to do. Since the mission results seem to show those that put the most effort in, I would imagine that you would be capable of quite alot of effort right now which should be apparent at the end of the mission.

I don't feel that Doom's desire here is misplaced, and I also think it speaks volumes against those who were floating the idea that Doom had a seperate win condition of removing Galactus only. It seems apparent based on his morning's decree that he still cares about stopping Galactus, but by sending you here it is apparent that he cares more about stopping the rebels. I think you have the ability to try to help that happen.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #2118
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:

I am of the mind at this point that we won't stop Galactus until we find the herald. This isn't to suggest we shouldn't try. We must try. But I do think our efforts are somewhat futile.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2119
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:

I did not see the Colossus part. I have been distracted, most likely by minions of the rebellion, this week. I intend to find out just what the case may be with him.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2120
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't think it would be logical for people to call you out for not being able to stop Galactus because of going on a mission that Doom instructed for you to do. Since the mission results seem to show those that put the most effort in, I would imagine that you would be capable of quite alot of effort right now which should be apparent at the end of the mission.

I don't feel that Doom's desire here is misplaced, and I also think it speaks volumes against those who were floating the idea that Doom had a seperate win condition of removing Galactus only. It seems apparent based on his morning's decree that he still cares about stopping Galactus, but by sending you here it is apparent that he cares more about stopping the rebels. I think you have the ability to try to help that happen.

I seemed to have once again left out some of the words in my sentence. The added words that I intended are bolded above in the quote.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #2121
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Doctor Victor von Doom, I would seek an audience with you of a matter of some importance.

You have proven yourself to be a worthy and demanding leader, and I am honored to have been selected as your Prelate. I trust that I have honored you with my performance thus far.

However, I find my attention unavoidably wavering, due to events from elsewhere, and fear that I may at some point be delayed when my lord requires immediate action.

Therefore I submit to your judgement with regard to my continued suitability to maintain this lofty post at this time. I will continue on to the best of my ability should you wish it, and yet will I understand if you choose instead that I shall be set aside.

In either case I will continue to work with diligence to disrupting the forces arrayed against your rule.

Note - this is generally not allowed, but I'm implementing a "death in the family, but still playing" clause allowing a one-time Prelate change if Doom wants to do so.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #2122
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Our people that have said that they can help take out Galactus thus far are: Iron Fist, mimic, and Scarlet Witch (with her ability anyway). I feel like I'm missing a couple others but that being said, we have all there of them going on the Egypt mission? Believe me, I don't mind the help but wouldn't they be better vs. Galactus?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #2123
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
A prelate or Doom must order you.
Ready and waiting.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #2124
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
If those who were suggested to go on the Galactus mission follow thourh we have mor than enough power there. I want to see the rebellion stopped so I am going to not so respectfully decline the suggestion from Dr. Doom and chose a different mission.

My talents were wasted last night in a guard mission (I only say wasted as there was no attack on Emma Frost). With that said, night guard duty is quite suited for some of my talents. When the moon arises I feel the power within me grow and my hunger for rebellious blood intensifies.

Go on Egypt Rebellion Mission

?

I don't understand this. Why would you go on this mission when there is more than enough power, which was your rationale to not go on the Galactus mission?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #2125
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I realize Mimic that doing so will delay your attack on Galactus. Doom believes the delay is acceptable for my might is also bent on destroying the Planet Eater.

This mission seems of utmost importance today. While tehre are several paths to stopping Galactus we have failed most miserably in dealing with the rebels. We need a mighty victory today in that cause. Furthermore, your expenditure of your power on this victory will prove to Doom and others that indeed you are on our side, while Galactus is foe to traitor and loyalist alike.

It would seem if you spend a large chunk of energy on this mission it will be difficult for the rebels to do anything to stop us. You must make the decision, and of course only a dramatic success will let us know that you followed through. I hesitate to talk too specific in case it allows the rebels to successfully block our endeavor.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #2126
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't think it would be logical for people to call you on going on a mission that Doom instructed for you to do. Since the mission results seem to show those that put the most effort in, I would imagine that you would be capable of quite alot of effort right now which should be apparent at the end of the mission.

Hopefully I do.

GO ON REBEL MISSION
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #2127
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Actually I did not know Galactus wore body armor. I believe I too may be able to affect it.

I just found this comment by Dr. Pym as I was scanning the event records.

I also may have some use in this matter. I am already committed to taking the fight to the Ravager, but this leads me to a thought of strategy.

I must confer with the Powers about some of this, but if I and Henry are able to disrupt the workings of his machine, or his armor, while Hulk, Kang, and Aardwolf provide cover and Ms. Grey wields her formidable mind, we may indeed be able to make some headway.

Dr. McCoy, you are skilled in physical prowess, yet Galactus is mightier than many of us put together. You are also a brilliant scientist and researcher, though I do not believe that this is in your wheelhouse. I leave it to you, then, to declare where in this mission you might have the greatest effect.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #2128
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

And Mimic, I have not found way to placing my trust in you, thus this test of your loyalty. Proof that you back our cause, and do not instead instead to expend your energy on plans against Doom's dominion.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2129
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Vision, I feel you will still serve as prelate well, if you feel you'll be able to arrive often enough to institute your orders. If not, I will indeed find another.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #2130
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
And Mimic, I have not found way to placing my trust in you, thus this test of your loyalty. Proof that you back our cause, and do not instead instead to expend your energy on plans against Doom's dominion.

As you command.

[ooc]For some reason as I was driving to work today I kept thinking "This I command!" (Serpentor) [/ooc]
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #2131
Mimic
High School JV

Hey, no one else felt it strange that Aardwolf was disobeying Doom and his reason was pretty weak?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #2132
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Doom, this exact concern was hounding me last night. I think I was finally able to overcome that concern to some extent however. You are right though that a test here probably would illustrate that to all.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2133
Punisher
High School JV

Aardwolf's action are eerily 'wolf'y.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #2134
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Indeed two birds with one stone, or three, Mr. Fantastic. Though we have often been enemies I have placed you closest to Doom's right hand. It is a place of power, but also close enough for me to smite. I trust that by tomorrow we will have use of your portal and Doom's dominion will stand for eternity.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #2135
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Indeed two birds with one stone, or three, Mr. Fantastic. Though we have often been enemies I have placed you closest to Doom's right hand. It is a place of power, but also close enough for me to smite. I trust that by tomorrow we will have use of your portal and Doom's dominion will stand for eternity.

That is my plan!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #2136
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I hastily added my attack on Colossus without explanation to get the teammate benefit from our attacks. I sought to attack him for his duplicity yesterday, but was advised to desisit by Lord Doom. My feeling have not changed.

VOTE TO REMOVE COLOSSUS FROM THE BROTHERHOOD
BOOT COLOSSUS AS SELF-APPOINTED LEADER IF POSSIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
The duplicity you refer to is over attack strength, correct? If not, what is the duplicity?

This would be my question, what have I not explained to everyone Magneto?
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #2137
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

Quote:
That is my plan!

Maybe in a What If? comic I could see this but wow.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #2138
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Our people that have said that they can help take out Galactus thus far are: Iron Fist, mimic, and Scarlet Witch (with her ability anyway). I feel like I'm missing a couple others but that being said, we have all there of them going on the Egypt mission? Believe me, I don't mind the help but wouldn't they be better vs. Galactus?

I can help either mission. I'm putting a small amount of faith in Mimic when he says that he can defeat Galactus with my help. But he's not ready to do that tomorrow, so I'll destroy the rebels today, giving Galactus another day of life before I destroy him. But the faith in Mimic is not really a big part of this plan. I'm confident that I can assist a large mission of you "Heroes" destroy Galactus, instead of Mimic acting alone, if that's a route we want to take.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #2139
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I just found this comment by Dr. Pym as I was scanning the event records.

I also may have some use in this matter. I am already committed to taking the fight to the Ravager, but this leads me to a thought of strategy.

I must confer with the Powers about some of this, but if I and Henry are able to disrupt the workings of his machine, or his armor, while Hulk, Kang, and Aardwolf provide cover and Ms. Grey wields her formidable mind, we may indeed be able to make some headway.

Dr. McCoy, you are skilled in physical prowess, yet Galactus is mightier than many of us put together. You are also a brilliant scientist and researcher, though I do not believe that this is in your wheelhouse. I leave it to you, then, to declare where in this mission you might have the greatest effect.

Alas Vision, in my further research (I asked the mods) I determined I would have no effect on Galactus's armor. I assume the answer will be the same for you as well, but you should ask just in case.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #2140
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Hopefully I do.

GO ON REBEL MISSION

Mimic, surely you can conserve enough energy while still going on the mission to be ready for Galactus tomorrow?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2141
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
No. He insisted for some time that he used a minimal, 1 point attack. After the Skrull's death. Colossus said he actually used a 3 point attack because he felt that the Torch didn't seem quite right to him.

Ms. Frost has the specific posts collected for your review.

Not to state the obvious here, but thats what she meant magnet brain.

What more explanation do you want? I felt torch was bad, I went with my hunch and I hammered him. It left me weakened so I tried to make myself seem more powerful than I was at the time to keep retaliation attacks at bay.

Now, noting the fact that torch was in FACT a bad guy, I have to wonder why you're barking up this metal tree?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2142
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Mimic, surely you can conserve enough energy while still going on the mission to be ready for Galactus tomorrow?

Ummmmm...without giving away exactly how much energy I'm using, I will not be able to attack Galactus tomorrow. Feel free to go hog wild with your energy though.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #2143
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Hey, no one else felt it strange that Aardwolf was disobeying Doom and his reason was pretty weak?

I thought it was assumed that Dr. Doom leads us in name only. You really aren't planning to put aside your mission to destroy Galactus just to soothe his fears, are you? For how long are you willing to let Galactus threaten the earth to place the Doctor's fragile ego?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #2144
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Colossus, why then did you say repeatedly it was just a pinprick (1 pt) attack by you?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #2145
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Not that I'm a fan of ol' Torchie
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #2146
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Colossus, why then did you say repeatedly it was just a pinprick (1 pt) attack by you?

I stated 2, possibly 3 times that I only used 1 ep to attack Torch. The intent being to present the possibility that my single point attacks did 6 points of damage when in fact it cost me 3 points to do so.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #2147
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Ummmmm...without giving away exactly how much energy I'm using, I will not be able to attack Galactus tomorrow. Feel free to go hog wild with your energy though.

Unfortunate. With our combined power, we are sure to obliterate the rebellion. Dr. Doom will have been obeyed, and a smile will be on his sad little face when Galactus destroys us all.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #2148
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
This would be my question, what have I not explained to everyone Magneto?

You said you hit with the minimum; then, 2 days later, you changed your story. You lied. Your excuse for lying is that you intuited something was wrong with the Torch -- after we all had found out that there was something, indeed, wrong with the Torch. Had you told the truth from the start, you would have been vindicated. Since you lied at first, your subsequent justification strikes me as...wanting.

Your bluster now merely confirms my beliefs.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #2149
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Not to state the obvious here, but thats what she meant magnet brain.

What more explanation do you want? I felt torch was bad, I went with my hunch and I hammered him. It left me weakened so I tried to make myself seem more powerful than I was at the time to keep retaliation attacks at bay.

Now, noting the fact that torch was in FACT a bad guy, I have to wonder why you're barking up this metal tree?

I'm not sure the Torch was in fact a bad guy. He just had different win conditions than the rest of us. He wasn't a Rebel, that's for sure....but then again he wasn't a Loyalist either.

It just seems propitious that the Human Torch wasn't loyal to Apocalypse and then you say "I knew it! And that's why I lied!"
Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #2150
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Colossus trusts No One.