Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #2101
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
OK DT, how was it that you never left your room the night I was watching you. Did you just happen to not go for a kill that night? Just random coincidence?

Blade, what were you about on the failed conversion night? Was it really a successful conversion? Were you always a Musketeer? I was sure that you and Tyrith were trying to concoct some great scheme, but that didn't seem to be it. Did I catch you acting differently but mistakenly lump Tyrith into it?

i never left my room cuz SnDvl was our "first killer" till he died. So CW and I were in our rooms those nights (we only got 1 kill a night)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #2102
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
OK DT, how was it that you never left your room the night I was watching you. Did you just happen to not go for a kill that night? Just random coincidence?

We never sent him on kills till SnDvls died (who was our original night killer).
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #2103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aargh. can't believe we didn't win this one.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #2104
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hooray! it worked! nicely done LoneStarGirl!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #2105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Damn, I almost made it...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #2106
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice game, all. Without seeing all the roles/powers listed I think this was both a well written game and pretty well balanced. It has been a little while since we had one go down to the final day if memory serves correctly - maybe Alan's Wild West game?

Wish I had lived another day - I picked up my latent seer power on Night 2 so the first night I could use it was on Night 3 when I scanned Tyrith.

I scanned Blade Night 4 (he showed as bad as he had been converted the night before) but Lathum poisoned me. I was trying to give Blade the benefit of the doubt publicly to avoid getting snuffed at night, but it was hard to avoid all the killers left in the game at that point in terms of casting suspicion. Guess I left enough on Lathum to get the goblet of death ...

I was flattered by all the attention on Night 1. Sounds like most of the good guys checked me out while the bad guys were gunning for Alan.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #2107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which, what was up with Path? Who was controlling his actions? Just bad guys as a team or a particular role?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #2108
Fouts
College Starter

Can't believe you guys didn't lynch DT. He showed his ability by forcing a duel, which was the exact opposite of what he claimed. Obviously caught in a lie, but a couple of you let him go.

Nailed blade when he hosed up by accepting LSG's challenge. Didn't know CW was also a musketeer, too.

Good game villagers. Thanks for the writeups Gram.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:51 PM   #2109
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, very strong game - you seemed to be point on with your analysis most of the way.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #2110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Fouts, very strong game - you seemed to be point on with your analysis most of the way.

Well, after the first couple days at least (runs and hides... ).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #2111
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Below are the roles and powers, along with some side notes:

Role PM

Musketeer Lieutenant / Leader.
Player: Coffee Warlord

You are an experienced and dutiful Kings Musketeer. You have been chosen by your Captain to lead the mission to kill the Cardinal. You are cunning and resourceful. Any potential seer scans will show you as good. You cannot be killed at night. The only way to get you is to lynch you or via death by duel. You are required to send in any Musketeer actions and who will perform the actions.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – poor
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – good

Defense – average

Role PM

Musketeer (Vicious Musketeer)
Player: SnDvls

Alas, you are an aggressive and intimidating opponent. If you are lynched, you can pick anyone to kill, eliminating them along with you. Even if you die via duel, you can use your vicious demeanor to take a foe with you to the grave. Your aggressive approach reduces your defensive skills, but enhances your attack and is reflected in your skills.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – outstanding
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – poor

Defense – poor

Role PM

Musketeer
Player: DaddyTorgo
You are a Charming devil of sorts. If you are a top vote recipient in the lynch, you can talk the group into making a majority lynch into a duel. This saves you from instant death to a duel with the next highest vote getter. In the case of no majority or a tie of which you are involved, you can talk a duel into, the next highest vote getter taking your place. (one time use, forgot to include that part in PM, but came up as a question later).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Spy
Player: Blade
The spy, you know who the Musketeers are. After a Musketeer dies, the remaining Musketeers can convert you to their group. You scan as good until converted. You are also a skilled assassin and can complete one night kill after night 1, whether converted or not.

Musketeers are: DaddyTorgo, SnDvls and Cofee Warlofd

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – Outstanding

Defense – Outstanding

Role PM

Cardinals Guard - Investigator
Player: AlanT
Cardinals Guard it is for you. You are a former rogue and can have your man on the outside check the background of a player each night. The result will tell if they are a CG or a Musketeer.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – poor
Accuracy – poor

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard – Fencing Master
Player: Tyrith
You have studied the art of fencing all of your life. You are a true master at your craft. You can pick one player to guard each night and protect them from attack. You cannot guard yourself, but you can guard anyone else consecutive nights. If an attack is blocked, a sword duel is initiated between you and the attacker(s). You can die in the fight or potentially be identified if the attacker flees. Attacker has 20% chance of fleeing the fight.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – poor

Fencing
Attack – outstanding
Parry – outstanding

Defense – good

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Dubb93
Welcome to the guard. Your new to this elite unit. In your past life, you were an unsavory character and still have powerful underworld connections. You can send a lady of the evening to another player and that blocks all activity from or too that player for the evening. (clarified it does not block a night kill, but kept up the kill recipient and caused a duel. It would block a seer scan or non-kill action targeted at your recipient).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard - Lieutenant
Player: Fouts
You just got promoted, but nobody know this yet. You have a letter of promotion that names you as the Lieutenant. If you choose to reveal the letter, you can change the a majority lynch vote one time in the game. Or in the case of no majority lynch, you would pick anyone still in the game and they will be lynched without a duel. Either way you can only change a vote once in the game, so beware of when to play your hand.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: hoopsguy
You are an old gent and have seen it all. You used to be an investigator for the Cardinal, but have retired from that role and are on your last assignment and sure enough got stuck in this mess. (If the Investigator dies, this role get called into service and is the new Investigator. In the game hoopsguy had to wait an extra night to use his new power because the night after AlanT died, hoops was being blocked by a lady of the evening).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Barkeep49
You are a youngster and very talented with the rapier. You have been thinking of opening a fencing school. (If the fencing master dies, this role becomes the new fencing master and can protect someone the next night).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – poor
Accuracy – poor

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – good

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: LoneStarGirl
Brash and confident you are, for you have the Duelist trait. You are somewhat hotheaded and cannot decline a duel from another player. If a challenge is issued, you must IMMEDIATELY accept.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – Average
Accuracy – good

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – good

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: BrianD
You’re a city boy from Paris. You have the Urban Tracker feat and can follow one person each night and see who, if anyone they targeted. You are wary of getting spotted and quickly move away. Basically, you do not get to see what happens after you see who you’re your prey is targeting.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Anxiety
Vive La France, you noble lad. You are a member of the secret society known as the Order of the Chevaliers de la Reine. You know who the other member is, but you cannot PM each other or reveal that you are a member of a secret society. If you do, something bad will happen.

Chief Rum is the other member

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – poor

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Chief Rum
Vive La France, you noble lad. You are a member of the secret society known as the Order of the Chevaliers de la Reine. You know who the other member is, but you cannot PM each other or reveal that you are a member of a secret society. If you do, something bad will happen.

Anxiety is the other member

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – poor

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Path12
Life has been tough for you. Your brother has been caught trading secrets with the vile Brittish. Someone has been blackmailing you with threats to reveal this secret, shaming your family. Another player has the ability to command you in how to vote the following day as a night action (multiple use) or they can command you to duel another player (once in game).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – average

Defense – average

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Izulde
Some would say you are a dashing lad. You have trained rigorously with firearms and are a true Marksman as represented in your skills. Hmm, maybe you should have been a Musketeer. Oh well, your die has been caste, Long live the Cardinal!

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – Outstanding
Accuracy – Outstanding

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – poor

Defense – good

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: Jonathan Ezarik
Mr. popularity, you are just good at everything you do. You are a Renaissance Man and your skills reflect this.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – good
Accuracy – good

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – good

Defense – good

Role PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: st.cronin
Devotion to faith is your calling. You are a man of the cloth, studying to be a priest. As a night action you can choose to remove yourself from the lynch vote the following day. This means you cannot vote and is announced to the group and they cannot vote on you. This can be used 2 times in the game. (This was clarified to reflect st.cronin could not post in the thread or vote during the day. No votes cast on him would count either. He was allowed to post at night and could be targeted for any actions during the night as well).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – average
Parry – average

Defense – average

Roles PM

Cardinals Guard
Player: ntndeacon
You are a true swashbuckler. You have the duelist trait. You are hotheaded and cannot decline a duel from another player. If a challenge is issued, you must IMMEDIATELY accept.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – good

Fencing
Attack – good
Parry – good

Defense – average

Role PM

Brittish Agent
Player: Mr.Wed
You are an undercover Brittish Agent – You are independent and win if you are the last player alive. If a seer role is in the game, you will scan as good, and the Musketeers think you are a regular Cardinals Guard. At the right moment, you will be allowed to execute night kills in the game.

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – average
Accuracy – average

Fencing
Attack – outstanding
Parry – outstanding

Defense – average

Roles PM

Milady (The Lady De Winter)
Player: Lathum
You are the devious and treacherous Lady De Winter. You are an enemy to both the crown of France and the Cardinal. You don’t count in anyone’s win ratio. You are disguised as a man and appear to be a typical Cardinals Guard. Maybe a dandy and slight of build for a military man, but a Cardinals Guard all the same. You win if you are one of the final 4 players in the game. You also have the superior charming devil trait and can talk yourself out of a lynch one time in the game. It does not matter if this is a majority lynch or duel vote, you are removed from the scenario for that day.

Also, one night in the game, you can send a bottle of fine Anjou wine to anyone. The wine is poisoned. There is a 20% chance the player will not drink the wine because his manservant took a swig while opening it and dropped dead from the poison. You can choose a players name to put on the letter, which announces the wine as a gift from that player. (As a reward for living to the halfway point in the game, Lathum was allowed to execute a night kill every evening. This effectively took the place of the serial killer aspect lost with the Brittish Agent role and allowed for faster game play and increased intrigue. Actually in the book, Milady was a Cardinalist, but really ended up double crossing everyone or ending up opposite of everyone. She was just a bad apple).

Skills:

Firearms
Speed – ineffective
Accuracy – ineffective

Fencing
Attack – ineffective
Parry – ineffective

Defense – ineffective

Musketeers

You are the Musketeers and have full PM privileges with each other.

You know that Path12's brother has been caught trading secrets with the vile Brittish. You are blackmailing him with threat of revealing this secret, shaming his family. He does not know who any of you are, but you have the ability to command him in how to vote the following day as a night action (multiple use) or you can command him to challenge another player (you name the player) to a duel (once in game).

Upon the death of one of you Musketeers, you can convert the spy. You do not know who he is, but he knows you. (I actually changed this and let them know who he was as I was concerned the game was too strongly balanced in favor of the CG. Also, Saldana gave the base roles a look and thought the CG had too much also). You can make this conversion as well as kill in the same night.

Your leader must send in night orders and who is carrying them out. You can send more than one Musketeer to make a night kill. (if they sent two, both would be able to fight if they came across the fencing master or anyone else. But they would risk being spotted if they got blocked and ran away).

Recipients: Coffee Warlord, DaddyTorgo, SnDvls
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #2112
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Speaking of which, what was up with Path? Who was controlling his actions? Just bad guys as a team or a particular role?

The Musketeers all knew of the blackmail, so they could send the message as long as one was alive. But one of them had to carry it out.

If BrianD as the urban tracker targeted that musketeer, he would have been informed that player X targeted Path, but not know the outcome, as he would run away for fear of getting caught, prior to any actual contact being made.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #2113
Tyrith
College Starter

Gram, how were the duel probabilities calculated?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 PM   #2114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Teehee

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #2115
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
The Brittish Agent was a serial killer role, after night three he would be able to execute a night kill each evening for the rest of the game. He needed to be the last player alive to win.

But I would have shown as good to any of the seers, which was a plus.

Still, in retrospect I think it would have been almost impossible, unless the game continued with all of the musketeers dead.

I was very good with the sword, so I would have considered dueling at some point, especially after the general lack of marksmanship demonstrated.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 AM   #2116
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Gram, how were the duel probabilities calculated?

A simple d4 mechanic. (this was also part of the RPG aspect, as it is similar in concept to RPG combat systems).

Player with higher speed went first, if tied I rolled a d4 until one got a higher number.

Then I rolled a d4 for attack and defense against each attack. If the attack roll was higher than the defense roll, the difference was subtracted from a beginning total of 6 life pips. This cycled until one player's life pips were reduced to zero, that player was then dead.

Each die roll was modified by the the appropriate skill used:

Outstanding +2
Good +1
Average +0
Poor -1
Ineffective (Will not fight, only Milady was rated as such)

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-18-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:10 AM   #2117
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

I admit it was a bad choice. I wish you were around more that day to give me a good reason not to duke you. I never really had any good suspects other than the people who jumped on me.

My point of not caring if I was lynch because I had no role was to persuade people to not vote for a regular villager type. That didn't seem to convince people though.

FWIW, I *really* didn't realize the game had started. I'm used to them starting on Mondays.

Hoops, thanks for the kudos. There were plenty of people I had no idea about though. CW played me well by backing me hard, I should have known he was a bad guy. Tyrith confused the hell out of me with his reveal. I had no idea what hoops was (a seer?). Some good playing by you guys in this one.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:32 AM   #2118
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Was it the Musketeers proper or Blade who night-killed me?

Although I wasn't on the side of the Cardinal's Guard, I would have been working against the Musketeers for the most part, since by my reckoning I needed them dead to be able to win.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-18-2006, 01:36 AM   #2119
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I admit it was a bad choice. I wish you were around more that day to give me a good reason not to duke you. I never really had any good suspects other than the people who jumped on me.

My point of not caring if I was lynch because I had no role was to persuade people to not vote for a regular villager type. That didn't seem to convince people though.

FWIW, I *really* didn't realize the game had started. I'm used to them starting on Mondays.

Hoops, thanks for the kudos. There were plenty of people I had no idea about though. CW played me well by backing me hard, I should have known he was a bad guy. Tyrith confused the hell out of me with his reveal. I had no idea what hoops was (a seer?). Some good playing by you guys in this one.

Don't worry about it, Fouts. It sucked the way it went down, but as was said at the time, you were the duke and had to use your power to save yourself. I can argue about your choice, but it's Day One--not a lot to go on.

And hoops is right, other than that misstep, you played a very solid game, and definitely helped your side.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:48 AM   #2120
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Was it the Musketeers proper or Blade who night-killed me?

Although I wasn't on the side of the Cardinal's Guard, I would have been working against the Musketeers for the most part, since by my reckoning I needed them dead to be able to win.

I used my one time kill to take you out.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #2121
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Interesting to see that I truly was one of the better duelists. Did that have any bearing on my beating SnDvls or would basically anyone who'd be whored up done the mutual kill?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #2122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Boy did I gat lucky with that AlanT kill early, that screwed some stuff up
Old 12-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #2123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't worry about it, Fouts. It sucked the way it went down, but as was said at the time, you were the duke and had to use your power to save yourself. I can argue about your choice, but it's Day One--not a lot to go on.

And hoops is right, other than that misstep, you played a very solid game, and definitely helped your side.

I've seen several Day One dukings, so that was nothing new. What I'd like to see in the future, is a Day One Duke saying, "I am the duke. Supposing you beleive me, here is who I am considering duking to. Any thoughts?"

Now, if there are masons or lovers or whatnot where one can verify the other, then you can have someone jump out and say, "I vouch."

Now, suppose that Day One, Fouts had admitted to thinking about duking CR. Now I jump out and vouch for CR. Now, instead of a dead person, we have a large COT for Day One to build around.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:42 AM   #2124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Out of curiosity what was the reasoning to night kill me at night 1? I'm assuming it was payback for me doing it to you before.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #2125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Out of curiosity what was the reasoning to night kill me at night 1? I'm assuming it was payback for me doing it to you before.

I had a feeling you had a major role. You were playing a little different then usual and since I hated good and bad equaly I decided to take a shot.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #2126
Tyrith
College Starter

Damnit, I could have probably beaten anyone in a duel, and I never got to draw my sword this entire game. That makes me highly sad.

My reveal probably wouldn't have been so...weird if I didn't see the man in black talk to blade that night. That event seriously freaked me out, because it didn't make that much sense, and for the rest of the day I was flipping back and forth between trusting blade and not trusting blade. For the record, this is my ACTUAL guarding pattern:

Night 1 - hoops
Night 2 - blade (changed from cronin because blade made a post hinting at a seer type ability)
Night 3 - blade
Night 4 - blade. And I strongly considered guarding hoops, on the thought that no matter what they were going to leave blade alive to make us kill him for them....and then I guard blade anyway, on the thought that if you trusted me about being a normal BG, you had to kill him this night or you lose.
Night 5- fouts, but I B d3d
Old 12-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #2127
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, I would assume that if you had guarded me that you would have stopped Lathum/Milady from poisoning me (Gramm, is this accurate?). I scanned Blade that night and found him to be a Muskateer. And I think the game likely ends earlier as that would have just left Daddy Torgo.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #2128
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith, I would assume that if you had guarded me that you would have stopped Lathum/Milady from poisoning me (Gramm, is this accurate?). I scanned Blade that night and found him to be a Muskateer. And I think the game likely ends earlier as that would have just left Daddy Torgo.

If I can't then my BG ability really starts sucking, as like they said, someone got converted while I watched
Old 12-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #2129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I'm not sure that is true. My servant delivered the wine for me so it may have gotten through
Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #2130
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If I can't then my BG ability really starts sucking, as like they said, someone got converted while I watched

I'm still amazed by this. You were guarding Blade and he still got converted. I was sure that you trying to claim this fact was the worst werewolf lie I had ever heard.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #2131
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure that is true. My servant delivered the wine for me so it may have gotten through

You did claim responsibility for the AlanT kill, right? What was the point of the receipt with Fouts' name on it? Were you trying to throw suspicion on him, or just having some fun?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #2132
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You did claim responsibility for the AlanT kill, right? What was the point of the receipt with Fouts' name on it? Were you trying to throw suspicion on him, or just having some fun?

I decided to mess with everyone for fun.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #2133
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way. Thanks to Gram for rolling with my ideas for how to send messages to path every night.

First...a hooker. Then a midget. Then he whined so much about the midget in a dress we sent him back naked. And were laughing our asses off every time he posted about it.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #2134
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I decided to mess with everyone for fun.

Very nice.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #2135
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
By the way. Thanks to Gram for rolling with my ideas for how to send messages to path every night.

First...a hooker. Then a midget. Then he whined so much about the midget in a dress we sent him back naked. And were laughing our asses off every time he posted about it.

I'm assuming you did not know about the actual existence of hookers in the game at that point? The fact that path and hoops both got one on night one messed me up for a while.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #2136
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I'm still amazed by this. You were guarding Blade and he still got converted. I was sure that you trying to claim this fact was the worst werewolf lie I had ever heard.

Now, now, do you really have THAT little respect for me? :P
Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #2137
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm assuming you did not know about the actual existence of hookers in the game at that point? The fact that path and hoops both got one on night one messed me up for a while.

Not a clue. It was on a total whim.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #2138
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now, now, do you really have THAT little respect for me? :P

Apparently.

It is interesting to see the little twists in the role definitions between games. I really thought there was no way possible that you could actually have a BG role and not be able to stop a conversion. Because of this game, we can never again trust our understanding of the BG role...which should lead to more excitement.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #2139
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Apparently.

It is interesting to see the little twists in the role definitions between games. I really thought there was no way possible that you could actually have a BG role and not be able to stop a conversion. Because of this game, we can never again trust our understanding of the BG role...which should lead to more excitement.

That's why I lied about my night 2 guard, I assumed the bad guys would just accept it and assume I would guard myself night 4. Bought myself another day, although it turns out if would have been better if I had died instead of hoops.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #2140
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Was it your idea to have the naked midget farting or was that Gram adding a little, um, flavor?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #2141
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

It screwed over the musketeers..with both CW and i scanning as good(well, until i was converted), we were banking on being scanned. Its the reason i made the play i did, to get scanned by whoever the other seer was(figured there was another). Hoops didnt bite until it was too late though, but alans death really screwed us.

First game ive seen where the death of the seer screwed the bad guys
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #2142
hoopsguy
General Manager

I didn't have a chance to bit until Night 3, which was the night you were converted. I'm not sure how it would have shown up that evening if I had scanned you.

But Tyrith wasn't giving me anything to work with so I figured he was a significant piece of the pie for one side or the other. So he was Night 3, and I came back around to you a night later.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #2143
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Interesting to see that I truly was one of the better duelists. Did that have any bearing on my beating SnDvls or would basically anyone who'd be whored up done the mutual kill?

You were awake due to Dubb sending the lady. Because you were awake, you got to duel the killer. You won the duel via the dueling mechanic. So, you could have lost the fight. But anyone else would have faced the same scenario. If the Musketeers would have sent 2 killers, you would have had to fight two people and likely died.

The mutual death, was because SnDvls used his vicious attack to take you out with him. If he would have beat you in the fight, he would have lived.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #2144
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yes, a Fencing Master guard would have stopped Milady, the Musketeers, the Brittish Agent or Blades one time kill.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #2145
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
It screwed over the musketeers..with both CW and i scanning as good(well, until i was converted), we were banking on being scanned. Its the reason i made the play i did, to get scanned by whoever the other seer was(figured there was another). Hoops didnt bite until it was too late though, but alans death really screwed us.

First game ive seen where the death of the seer screwed the bad guys

For what it is worth, I took a look at you the night I died. Before getting killed, I was convinced that you had not targeted anyone that night. I would have come out giving you as much clearance as I had given DT. I don't know how much good that would have done for you, but it could have bought you an extra day or two.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #2146
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So prehaps I overstated my dueling abilities a little bit.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #2147
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So prehaps I overstated my dueling abilities a little bit.
I'm glad you picked the glove back up.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #2148
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Yes, a Fencing Master guard would have stopped Milady, the Musketeers, the Brittish Agent or Blades one time kill.
It would have been quite a fight between me and the fencing master (both of us with outstanding fencing skill), although nobody else would have been around to see it.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #2149
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Was it your idea to have the naked midget farting or was that Gram adding a little, um, flavor?

Heh! Alll Gram there.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #2150
Tyrith
College Starter

path, would you mind posting your PMs in the thread? They seem highly amusing.