Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2006, 09:57 AM   #2101
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The 2 shot deaths are important somehow, in my opinion.

If one person has two guns on them, they are clearly a prime suspect. Otherwise, I think multiple cowboys = better chance of a successful kill.

Perhaps if there are only two cowboys with guns, if we manage to arrest one it might even our odds.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #2102
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I've got a hunch that the two shot thing is just a mechanism to have the cowboys waste their bullets,

No solid info to go on to get to that hunch but just putting out a theory I have.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #2103
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Since we are currently somewhat discussing Lathum's allegiance, I looked back and found this. St. Cronin was the second person to vote to lynch Lathum at 9:45 a.m CST on 10/10. He became the first person to vote to unlynch Lathum of the four on that list at 12:22 pm CST. I am not sure what to make of this since it is my first game, but would a Cowboy typically be one of the first to vote to lynch his own kind?

In response to Swaggs's post, this is the one time I spoke about Lathum. The fact that St. Cronin was the second person to vote to lynch Lathum lends me to believe that Lathum is probably a villager.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #2104
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I have a question. Why was it better to have a shootout between Bullett and Cronin than have him in the Jail? once Cronin was seen killing, wasn't it a foregone conclusion he would have been locked up?then Bullet would have still been the potential killer of a cowboy later.

I was pretty sure bullet was a villager since the game started, killing Cronin solidfies that (tho it's not 100%, more like 95%)

We needed to know if Cronin did in fact kill Fouts (which I knew he did but everyone else didn't). If he sits in jail the cowboys could have tried to break him out. At worst, it's a wasted day of voting, i'd rather have our showdowns used on known baddies than on a chance (just personal preference on that).
Old 10-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #2105
Racer
College Benchwarmer

To add to my last post, although I think Lathum is probably not a Cowboy, I would not say I trust him at this point.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #2106
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
...There are alot of players who haven't had any heat and have been throwing alot of accusations around such as yourself. Why shouldn't we throw you in jail?

I don't know that I've thrown too many accusations around, but I have been vocal about an inconcistency I felt I saw in Saldana. I've mentioned the problem I have with you, NtN, and company forming a false CoT that may very well have slowed townie progress. I've thrown out that I'm positive that the list of people that voted to lynch both GE and Gram contains at least some cowboys. I've shared my list of trusted and untrusted, and believe that I might even feel inclined to lynch anyone below that trusted line.

Damn okay I guess I have been throwing some accusations around. I carp too damn much.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #2107
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'd like this list fleshed out a little more.

Since Swaggs was in jail, wouldn't we know if he had a gun or not?

Saldana confirmed that I did not have a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
for the record. Swaggs did not have a gun when i arrested him

also for the record, i only had a gun when i was a lawdog...once y'all dumped a spittoon on my head, i became an unarmed civilizillian.

and hoops, if you are around this evening, around 7 easternish, i believe my correct response is "I'll be yer huckleberry"
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 AM   #2108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lynch LoneStarGirl

I voted this way yesterday as well, so it's at least consistent. I feel like we are on Day Three, not Day Six. Let's get this train a movin'

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #2109
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright... this time I am really out.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #2110
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I've got to head in to the Hospital pretty soon, and I'm really unsure of when I'll be back in front of a computer.

As far as suggestions about jailing people.
-Jail some folks I don't reasonably trust. My trust list hasn't changed since page 38.
-Jail some people who voted to lynch both GE and Gram.
-Evaluate the gun situation, cross reference the gun list with the people in the above categories. Arrest those that fall into multiple or all of those lists.

All I'm asking for is someone who might actually be guilty.

For lynching. I almost forgot. I think we need to lynch one of these two, just because it gives us some better options to jailing likely suspects. I don't have a reason to suspect or ally myself with LSG.

So lynch LSG

Keep the pressure on BK, perhaps we'll learn something else helpful that will either cause us to lynch or trust him.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #2111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's been my experience that good wolves leave experienced vets in play when:

A). They are wolves themselves; or
B). They are jumping at shadows or villagers, thus limiting theiur usefulness; or
C). Because they suspect vheat on them at lynch time; or
D). They are so onto a wolf that killing them would make people vote de facto to lynch said wolf.

Barkeep and hoops are still around. Which is Barkeep? Which is hoops? We need to ask that question.

-Anxiety

Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #2112
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

NO INFO RE: GUNS AT ALL

Anxiety, saldana, Glengoyne

I would really like all three of these people to come out and say if they have a gun or not.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #2113
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
for the record. Swaggs did not have a gun when i arrested him

also for the record, i only had a gun when i was a lawdog...once y'all dumped a spittoon on my head, i became an unarmed civilizillian.

and hoops, if you are around this evening, around 7 easternish, i believe my correct response is "I'll be yer huckleberry"

Chubby, Saldana says he only had a gun when he was the Sheriff.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #2114
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
It's been my experience that good wolves leave experienced vets in play when:

A). They are wolves themselves; or
B). They are jumping at shadows or villagers, thus limiting theiur usefulness; or
C). Because they suspect vheat on them at lynch time; or
D). They are so onto a wolf that killing them would make people vote de facto to lynch said wolf.

Barkeep and hoops are still around. Which is Barkeep? Which is hoops? We need to ask that question.

-Anxiety

I don't know, that's why I jailed him.

I do think he's being honest in the info (since I don't have any vices and he said that) he is revealing so that leads me to trust him but I can't say with 100% certainly he's not a cowboy.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #2115
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Racer - K, i was going off of Chiefs list. SO that's one down.

I'd really like a breakdown from Spleen in one post of all the people that have died that looks like this:

Name - Allegiance - Role
Old 10-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #2116
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

1)Bartender - Barkeep
2)Adventure-starved young man - St. Cronin
3)School Teacher - Fouts
4)Card dealer - Thomkal
5)Baker - hoops
6)Prostitute - Chief Rum

I'd also like this list worked on as well both in terms of if anyone has come out and claimed a role or whatnot.

I believe in post #257 saldana was claiming the retired judge role, no?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #2117
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

obviously

7)Pinkerton Detective - Chubby
Old 10-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #2118
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thomkal - Villager - Card dealer
GoldenEagle - Villager - Retired sheriff
Grammaticus - Villager - Retired Army Captain
Fouts - Villager - School teacher
st. cronin - Cowboy - Interestingly enough, I didn't get a PM about his death.
SnDvls - Villager - Miner
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #2119
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

9)Singer - Lonestargirl
Old 10-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #2120
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Alan - Shouldn't spleen have gotten a PM about Cronin's death since he still would have had to deal with the body, unless it's still rotting in the street?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #2121
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
On the topic of trust lists:

Pretty Trusted:
Chubby - caught Cronin
Bullet - shot Cronin
Swaggs - saved a villager with his power

Sort of Trusted:
Anxiety - demonstrated actor power to two people, in a manner that appeared to be defensive (on night of a kill)

That is pretty much it.

This list matches my thoughts with the one exception of maybe adding Spleen to the sort of trusted list. I do think (nothing more) that the mortician is likely a villager role.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #2122
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I've got a hunch that the two shot thing is just a mechanism to have the cowboys waste their bullets,

No solid info to go on to get to that hunch but just putting out a theory I have.

The two shot thing might or might not have validity, but I remember the giant red herring some people went on with the rule changes/messages in my Animal Farm game and just want to caution that it very well may just be flavor.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #2123
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan - Shouldn't spleen have gotten a PM about Cronin's death since he still would have had to deal with the body, unless it's still rotting in the street?

I just got it.

st. cronin was the Adventure starved young man.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #2124
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
1)Bartender - Barkeep
3)School Teacher - Fouts
4)Card dealer - Thomkal
5)Baker - hoops
6)Prostitute - Chief Rum

I'd also like this list worked on as well both in terms of if anyone has come out and claimed a role or whatnot.

I'm the baker, not hoops.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #2125
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, noted That's why I reposted the list, I don't want any people going around with the wrong info.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #2126
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I just got it.

st. cronin was the Adventure starved young man.

i gave him some adventure
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #2127
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
1)Bartender - Barkeep
3)School Teacher - Fouts
4)Card dealer - Thomkal
5)Baker - hoops
6)Prostitute - Chief Rum

I have not said this before as I was intitially unsure on revealing our roles, however since a lot of people think revealing roles will help the villagers I will go ahead and reveal mine. I am the butcher.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #2128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I have not said this before as I was intitially unsure on revealing our roles, however since a lot of people think revealing roles will help the villagers I will go ahead and reveal mine. I am the butcher.

Who is the Candlestick Maker?

Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #2129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't know that I've thrown too many accusations around, but I have been vocal about an inconcistency I felt I saw in Saldana. I've mentioned the problem I have with you, NtN, and company forming a false CoT that may very well have slowed townie progress. I've thrown out that I'm positive that the list of people that voted to lynch both GE and Gram contains at least some cowboys. I've shared my list of trusted and untrusted, and believe that I might even feel inclined to lynch anyone below that trusted line.

Damn okay I guess I have been throwing some accusations around. I carp too damn much.

so are you saying that on the first night of the game if we were cowboys we were gonna form a false circle of trust that can be smashed eaisly if we are lying. c'mon man. Thomkal was killed that night, it wasn't me so unless I am a cowboy and the cowboys had the ability to do 2 kills in one night I'm not sure why you wouldn't trust us.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #2130
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, last I checked Barkeep and I were not the only two vets remaining in the game. In fact, I think Lathum has played as many games as Barkeep and I combined. I'm not prepared to make it an either/or between us, because if push came to shove right now I think Barkeep is probably a villager.

There are quite a few players remaining in the game who I would consider experienced players and good players. An attempt to isolate me with the "why is he still around" argument seems pretty bogus when 70% of the starting people are still in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #2131
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, you could have had a role-related action that night that you executed - it does not clear you as a villager.

Role activity does not translate to villager. It just means that you didn't kill or convert that night. I think it is pretty clear you did neither on Night 1. Beyond that, I haven't got a clue.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #2132
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - and a Cowboy would want to find himself in a circle of trust, under false pretenses, as quickly as possible. So I think you are being disingenuous suggesting that you would not act in that fashion as a Cowboy.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #2133
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Anxiety, last I checked Barkeep and I were not the only two vets remaining in the game. In fact, I think Lathum has played as many games as Barkeep and I combined. I'm not prepared to make it an either/or between us, because if push came to shove right now I think Barkeep is probably a villager.

There are quite a few players remaining in the game who I would consider experienced players and good players. An attempt to isolate me with the "why is he still around" argument seems pretty bogus when 70% of the starting people are still in the game.
I'm glad to hear that, push come to shove, you believe I'm a villager. Perhaps you could, ya know, not vote to lynch me? I do appreciate the trust others have been giving me, but I'd rather have zero votes to lynch me.

Glengoyne suggested I be left in jail to keep the pressure on me. I'm not sure what else I can say. I will say this:

I trust:
Myself

I pretty much trust:
NTN (night action every night; has role suggestive of being a good guy)
Chubby (Actions have been pretty much accounted for and fingered a wolf)

I somewhat trust:
Swaggs (It's clear the wolves wanted GE out of the way hence they killed him. If Swaggs was a WW Duke he'd have saved a less threatening target, like say Gram)
Lathum (Tenative evidence suggests he wasn't Night 1 or 3 shooter)
Anxiety (Tenative evidence suggests he wasn't Night 1 or 3 shooter)

I have no reason to distrust:
Saldana (Think he's gotten some unfair heat from the Swaggs jailing, would lean towards good)
Spleen (I question his not having a role, but his occupation does suggest good guy)
Chief Rum (Role meshes well with mine, but otherwise I don't have a feel for him)

Slightly distrust:
Glengoyne (what does the butcher do anyway? Has made lists. List making? Often the province of werwolves. But he trusts me so he can't be all bad.)

Suspicious:
LSG (Role which does nothing seems fishy to me)
Racer (have no feel for any part of his game)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #2134
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And now that I've decided she's officially suspicious, I think I'm comfortable

Execute LSG

And

Elect Chubby

And

Jail Racer
Free Barkeep49
Old 10-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #2135
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I will be at work from 4pm - 10pm EST tonight.

I close on my house tomorrow at 2pm (YAY!!!!!!)

None of this will affect my ability to vote and be up to date on posts, it just means I won't be online as much as I am say, today (it's great being home alone til 3:30pm hehe)
Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #2136
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep - Racer claimed butcher
Old 10-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #2137
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Now that I am not "tired", I will also need to decide who I want to snoop on tonight as well...
Old 10-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #2138
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, I still think we need info from the lynchings. I think you have given us a little more to work with than LSG, but I think there is almost no way that both of you are Cowboys with neither of you having guns when imprisoned. The question is whether either of you is a Cowboy. I would prefer we take our chances with lynching both people and find out.

It is definitely a bloodthirsty approach, but we are on Day 6 with one lynch (Gram)? Best I can tell, we are not putting a critical role on the line in terms of winning the game. I want the information that comes with a successful lynch - we know the Cowboys would fight to protect one of their own. I'll take my chances with this approach and would encourage others to do the same.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #2139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hoops let's talk this one out. How many bad guys do you think there are?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #2140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- Or rather how many do you think we started with, as that's actually what I mean. I know you think there's been one conversion.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #2141
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guessing there were 3-4 start with one conversion. With Cronin dead I think there are 3-4 remaining.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #2142
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I also know that Cronin was not the convert.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #2143
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola - I also know that Cronin was not the convert.

how?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #2144
hoopsguy
General Manager

It ties into my role information - I will know when we catch the convert. And my night action is to search for him.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #2145
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It ties into my role information - I will know when we catch the convert. And my night action is to search for him.

So do you have the ability to clear anyone or just find the convert?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #2146
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so let's say 4 plus a convert, since that's the worst case scenario. That means there are 4 remaning bad guys left and 11 good guys. That means we only have to kill 4 people to win the game. The bad guys, on the other hand, have to kill 7. If we start to go on an execution spree, aren't we doing the bad guys work for them? If we listened to you, by the start of tomorrow we could easily be down to 8 good guys and 4 bad guys. In essence, through one cycle, we'd have done nearly half of the remaining work of the bad guys for them. I just don't think the execute 'em all is the best policy. Through jailing we've gained lots of useful information. That to me is an even better out come than lynching a good guy. There are enough roles around here that at some point the bad guys are going to slip up and get caught. So let's just keep gathering the information, I feel, rather then doing the work of the wolves.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #2147
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't see how this relates to any of the roles that are on the role list.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #2148
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Ok so let's say 4 plus a convert, since that's the worst case scenario. That means there are 4 remaning bad guys left and 11 good guys. That means we only have to kill 4 people to win the game. The bad guys, on the other hand, have to kill 7. If we start to go on an execution spree, aren't we doing the bad guys work for them? If we listened to you, by the start of tomorrow we could easily be down to 8 good guys and 4 bad guys. In essence, through one cycle, we'd have done nearly half of the remaining work of the bad guys for them. I just don't think the execute 'em all is the best policy. Through jailing we've gained lots of useful information. That to me is an even better out come than lynching a good guy. There are enough roles around here that at some point the bad guys are going to slip up and get caught. So let's just keep gathering the information, I feel, rather then doing the work of the wolves.

This post illustrates why I recommend lynching only LSG tonight. Barkeep is at least helping us, LSG has provided nothing useful. I certainly don't want to lynch a villager but she's left us with no choice.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #2149
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So do you have the ability to clear anyone or just find the convert?

1.) Know when the conversion took place
2.) Identify the convert

And it does tie in to one of the roles on the first page. No one has claimed it yet, which surprises me a little bit.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #2150
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1.) Know when the conversion took place
2.) Identify the convert

And it does tie in to one of the roles on the first page. No one has claimed it yet, which surprises me a little bit.

Why does that surprise you?

You haven't even claimed the role yet...