Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #2101
Vince
Pro Starter

I think that he's actually going after Lathum...which may or may not clear Fouts at the same time.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #2102
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I want to say, in my defense, if I had remembered that dubb was going to do his scan today I'd never have said it was going to be a slow day.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #2103
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Results pending.....smoke break while I await the results....
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #2104
st.cronin
General Manager

Imagine how long this thread would be if Blade, hoops and I were still playing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #2105
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Results pending.....smoke break while I await the results....

Egyptians don't smoke.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #2106
Fouts
College Starter

This game makes me laugh sometimes. Lets all lynch a guy way before he gets in the thread to defend himself. It's like throwing a poison dart at someone and watching them die for 2 days. I suppose it's much easier to assume guilt than wait on proof.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #2107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
This game makes me laugh sometimes. Lets all lynch a guy way before he gets in the thread to defend himself. It's like throwing a poison dart at someone and watching them die for 2 days. I suppose it's much easier to assume guilt than wait on proof.

Kind of like:

3.) Disease (two days to live - cannot be stopped by bodyguard). Available 2x per game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #2108
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Fouts what could you do to possibly change our minds? I mean let's look at it this way:

There are two ways for a new player to be introduced into the game. One by a good player and one by a bad player. The good player is dead. Which leaves...

How do you explain that you could be good? I grant you it's a pretty sucky position to play, but there you have it.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #2109
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone see anything more recent...like today or yesterday on Lathum. If I proceed my my can of 591, it assumes what he knew at the time...not right now.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #2110
SnDvls
Pro Starter

why doesn't Lathum repost it again without quoting it...or would that be out of the rules?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #2111
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, you're killing me with these delays! I have to leave soon, and I want your info before I vote
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #2112
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts - I'm sorry about the dagger. I'm a dick who made bad assumptions in that game (and many games after that as well ...)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #2113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How much more obvious does the sarcasm need to be. I said I was going to lie detector the guy running the game.

Actually, on my fourth reading of the post, it still seems to me that you are claiming you'll test Blade.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #2114
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Fouts what could you do to possibly change our minds? I mean let's look at it this way:

There are two ways for a new player to be introduced into the game. One by a good player and one by a bad player. The good player is dead. Which leaves...

How do you explain that you could be good? I grant you it's a pretty sucky position to play, but there you have it.

Easy. There are multiple good and bad guys in the game. It's as simple as that.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #2115
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone see anything more recent...like today or yesterday on Lathum. If I proceed my my can of 591, it assumes what he knew at the time...not right now.

I dont understand why its a big deal if its what he thought at the time.. I mean if he was a villager then, wouldnt he be one now? Or do people think a conversion was involved? I think this post was after he made the statement about being scanned that I have issues with right?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #2116
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
why doesn't Lathum repost it again without quoting it...or would that be out of the rules?

I think that would be out of the spirit of the role...it's not meant to force people into saying things. It's supposed to be used throughout the course of the game.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #2117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There are two KNOWN ways for a new player to be introduced into the game. One by a good player and one by a bad player. The good player is dead. Which leaves...

Fixed!

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 04:07 PM   #2118
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Fouts - I'm sorry about the dagger. I'm a dick who made bad assumptions in that game (and many games after that as well ...)

LOL. I know. I just like to throw it out there any chance I get.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #2119
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I dont understand why its a big deal if its what he thought at the time.. I mean if he was a villager then, wouldnt he be one now? Or do people think a conversion was involved? I think this post was after he made the statement about being scanned that I have issues with right?

I think the problem will lie with his statement that he is a "simple villager".

If he is not a simple villager then his statement is false. Then do we believe that he is an Egyptian with a role or is he a necromancer?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #2120
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Fixed!

-Anxiety

just come out and tell us what you are hinting at
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #2121
kingfc22
Head Coach

Dola

Or does it mean he is the prophecy?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #2122
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Easy. There are multiple good and bad guys in the game. It's as simple as that.
Fouts not sure if you saw this, but I'd love for you to put together, with the information we already know, a list of how the players were divided up assuming two good gusy who could summon you that would be balanced. right now I'm having a hard enoguh time coming up with a balanced set, from what I know, with just one mystic, let alone two. I asked this question earlier (changing Where to What) and I would love to see you answer it

WHAT ARE THE NECROMANCERS ADVANTAGES?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #2123
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, well I'm going to get ready for work. If there's no new information when I get done, I'm going to have to vote without anything extraneous, and I'd rather not do that.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #2124
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

I don't think you can drag this out until lynch time.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #2125
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Fixed!

-Anxiety
I don't think the prophecy has anything to do with it. Hoops has made it clear that the overhwelming majority of gameplay notes are public. From what I know, in regards to my own role and the scarab, this is true. What is secret is nothign along the magnitude of a whole new way to reserect people.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #2126
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

This could be what he is hinting at. From the rules.
Quote:
95%+ of the rules are listed below. The remaining 5% will be realized over the course of the game, depending on actions and surviving roles.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #2127
Vince
Pro Starter

Before I leave...even though Fouts has already publicly claimed the Avatar, is it possible that he is the Prophecy? There's nothing in the rules about him being introduced later, but it is very vague about the prophecy to begin with.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #2128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For example, to clarify my statement:

Maybe he was summoned through the use of an item.
Maybe he was summoned officially two nights ago but takes a day to finish, even if the mystic is dead
Maybe there are multiple mystics

Of course, the greater liklehood is that he's the mummy. Sure, he may not be, there are ways he could have appeared as the Avatar, but the money says he is.

To be fair, if he is, it was still a great move by the Head Nec becasue now we waste a day killing off someone we believe to be a mummy instead of digging any deeper.

Anyways, I've decided to trust Dub for the moment, although I still find his actions just shortly to be VERY suspicious and he has left my trust circle.

Unvote Dubb

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #2129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think you can drag this out until lynch time.
dubb I'm beginning to resent having to agree so much with the undead guy.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #2130
Vince
Pro Starter

Heh, and I'm behind again. Good work, Vince.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #2131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I just did in an above post.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #2132
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
or Lathum is a normal villager and the prophecy takes advantage of the current situation to make Lathum look very bad.

post #1788
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #2133
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts not sure if you saw this, but I'd love for you to put together, with the information we already know, a list of how the players were divided up assuming two good gusy who could summon you that would be balanced. right now I'm having a hard enoguh time coming up with a balanced set, from what I know, with just one mystic, let alone two. I asked this question earlier (changing Where to What) and I would love to see you answer it

WHAT ARE THE NECROMANCERS ADVANTAGES?

Well, that is going to take some time. For now - every game has at least 2 seers, right?. The fact that a seer has to forgo his visions for 3 days to summon an Avatar, is balancing enough to me.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #2134
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, that is going to take some time. For now - every game has at least 2 seers, right?. The fact that a seer has to forgo his visions for 3 days to summon an Avatar, is balancing enough to me.
What are you talking about? Most games don't have two seers. If you're talking about dubb and Blade you're only reinforcing my point: all known advantages seem to favor the good guys.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #2135
Tyrith
College Starter

God, another six pages, catching up now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #2136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And Barkeep, I mentioned this once, but I want to reiterate. We've all assumed that there are a small (4-5) number of necs and we've gottten lucky in offing two. What if there are more and that is why we've taken out two quickly? Having more necs is a way to offset two mystics.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #2137
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
For now - every game has at least 2 seers, right?.

I think all have only had 1 except for the game I ran. I think that was the first time that two seers were introduced, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #2138
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If I do that earlier post, it forfeits all information he may have gained since that moment thus at the moment I'm looking at this post

Quote:
dubb- Thats an interesting theory but why on earth would I call that kind of attention to myself. If I was the head necro I would keep my mouth shut knowing the avatar was going to be killed no matter what. I would have nothing to gain by making that kind of play on a day where the lynch candidate was so obvious.

Does anyone think this is a better scan target? He is trying to decieve me here? Does he know the avatar is going to be killed? Does he have anything to be gained by making the play I described?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #2139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And Barkeep, I mentioned this once, but I want to reiterate. We've all assumed that there are a small (4-5) number of necs and we've gottten lucky in offing two. What if there are more and that is why we've taken out two quickly? Having more necs is a way to offset two mystics.

-Anxiety
How big are you talking about? 6? 8?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #2140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Anxiety -- I'm willing to go with you but let's start to nail down the specifics with what is known.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #2141
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If I do that earlier post, it forfeits all information he may have gained since that moment thus at the moment I'm looking at this post

Does anyone think this is a better scan target? He is trying to decieve me here? Does he know the avatar is going to be killed? Does he have anything to be gained by making the play I described?
Dubb that looks like a better one. Sure. Go for it. Let's get some results while we can still have time to correct a wrong (har har har) if Fouts is (har har har) innocent.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #2142
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

-Anxiety

Seeing how we only have had 2 night attacks that means that the necs have been searching for one another over 4 nights. If there are 6 or 7, which I highly doubt, don't you think they would have found each other by now and at least have 1 night kill.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #2143
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
What are you talking about? Most games don't have two seers. If you're talking about dubb and Blade you're only reinforcing my point: all known advantages seem to favor the good guys.

Well, I didn't design the game. I'm not sure what you want me to do. I have told you my position.

I was thinking of the vampire games from last year. They had 2 seers, and that got me killed right quick. I should have said most games I have played in have two seers.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #2144
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Alan- I know I an a good guy but I never once came out and said I was cleared. The only way I could be cleared is if the seer clears me and I have said a number of times I don't want the seer to come out, I would rather be lynched then have the seer come out. I am a meannless villager and the seer is to valuable to us.

post #1035
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #2145
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Seeing how we only have had 2 night attacks that means that the necs have been searching for one another over 4 nights. If there are 6 or 7, which I highly doubt, don't you think they would have found each other by now and at least have 1 night kill.
Or alternatively that more than 1, or 2, would be willing to take a risk and try and kill somebody on their own?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #2146
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
13 people in the thread right now. Sweet.

and 3 are dead!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #2147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dubb, go ahead and and scan that one then, I am not the head nec or a nec at all so I have nothing to worry about.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #2148
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

must not have gone through the 1st time, I'm awaiting response once again.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #2149
SnDvls
Pro Starter

scan teh one I put in post #2144
Old 06-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #2150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, I don;t knw, but I was think 7 - around a third.

BTW, that'd also be why so many dead Egyptians have roles. With a smaller number of Egyptians, there'd be a larger percentage of them with roles.

Let's look at a few disadvantages the Necs have:

Their big gun, the Mummy, loses to our big gun, the Avatar.
They don't know who each other is at the beginning. As we've seen, taht's given us a huge tempo advantge over them as we have early momentum.
The EG role is much more powerful than normal.
The Necs don't win when they get even numbers, they only win when they eliminate all Egyptians.

And consider, for a minute, that we have two mystics.

How many Necs in this group? My guess, around a third.

-Anxiety