Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #2101
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Read his op-ed in the NYT. I am not sure about how the 14th Amendment would work, but let's say it does. Is that a big enough punishment? My understanding is this could be done with a majority, so doable unlike a conviction in the Senate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:48 PM   #2102
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This shit needs to get cleaned up. It's a real security risk.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #2103
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://twitter.com/melissablasius/s...827939841?s=21

These fucking people still have no real clue how deep in it they are.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #2104
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A judge ordered he has to be fed organic food for religious reasons.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #2105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Glad the taxpayer dollars are well spent.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:28 PM   #2106
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Read his op-ed in the NYT. I am not sure about how the 14th Amendment would work, but let's say it does. Is that a big enough punishment? My understanding is this could be done with a majority, so doable unlike a conviction in the Senate.

I don't think SCOTUS would allow Congress to block someone from the presidency. And if it's a simple majority vote, they really shouldn't. That's a super dangerous precedent to set.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:41 PM   #2107
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...als/index.html
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:44 PM   #2108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Dworkin? Trump? GrantDawg?

whoa we're talking about Roger Zelazny's Amber world now!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2021 at 10:45 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #2109
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Since when do fascists care what they eat and since when do we care what they eat
Old 01-11-2021, 10:55 PM   #2110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

They are "moving forward" in disbarring Guliani. I must say I'm tired of all this beating around the bush. Just DO SOMETHING. And do we really need an article about people "thinking about doing something"?
Old 01-11-2021, 10:58 PM   #2111
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Bill Bellichek refuses to take Medal of Freedom

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:52 PM   #2112
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rep. Tom Reed is floating the idea of censure with the inability to hold federal office. Is that strong enough?

No
Old 01-12-2021, 01:17 AM   #2113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just watched a VERY awkward interview. Chris Cuomo on CNN interviewing the 2 hotshot lawyers who are defending the piece of crap that's mugging for the camera while carrying Pelosi's lectern. Firstoff wtf is this even doing on TV? They seem to be trying to argue for him with us not the judge. Is this normal? They could not even answer simple questions about it. The main lawyer stuttered uncomfortable answers and kept going back to "Our client is not that guy. He didn't destroy anything. He didn't break his way in" Such crap. Cuomo repeatedly asked "why does this guy deserve highpriced lawyers like you"? crickets. Guy is out on bail incidently as his wife is a doctor.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:19 AM   #2114
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
No

I mean I'm not sure why Democrats in congress don't just do was the republicans do ALL the time...which is go again and agagin and aagain... look at how many times they tried to overturn the ACA. And they just kept doing it again and again. They just need to go after trump again and again. In every way possible. This really isn't a "oooo we have to pick the one way that we hope will work the best so as not to frighten away our voters" type of situation.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:50 AM   #2115
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

GoFundMe bans fundraisers for potential violence

Nice! GoFundMe is getting in on the banning game

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-12-2021 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:57 AM   #2116
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here's a rabbit hole of videos of people getting kicked off of flights for being terrorists.

I'm seeing the phrase "Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes" phrase a lot...and I like it

MN woman kicked off flight after being identified as rioter
Old 01-12-2021, 02:07 AM   #2117
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yeah not good. They had former FBI counter terrorism director from Bush admin and also former Obama FBI director on CNN .They reminded CNN talking heads that there is 15000 FBI agency’s national many accountants or lawyers. The FBI and Secret Service are not going to secure 50 capitals, all the top leadership as well as the Capital. From what 3000, 40000 50000 or more angry armed insurrections? Though the country has been built to not ever unleash the army on the citizens we have to have all options on the table.

My first thought was:

Made it publicly known that peaceful protest is fine, if they breach the cordon they will be arrested, and if they storm any public buildings they will be shot as domestic terrorists... I imagine the first volley over their heads will

Then I remembered this the US, not the UK, and nearly everyone has access to guns, so this is likely to mean proper gun battles, so that could be a civil war type event if played out over 50+ locations...

I said last week I fear for Inauguration Day - with the news and thinking about this, more so now TBH.

Any of you that live near potential flare ups, stay safe
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:09 AM   #2118
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
https://twitter.com/melissablasius/s...827939841?s=21

These fucking people still have no real clue how deep in it they are.

That literally made me LOL
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:38 AM   #2119
wustin
College Prospect

People who live in North Carolina may already know about senator Jeff Jackson (D)...but for those who don't know, he's a very active poster in all of the north carolina subreddits. He's been giving updates about covid, the election, and vaccinations to north carolinian reddit users for a while now.

Anyways, he recently made a post in regards to the election fraud claims. It's a great write-up, full of references and links to many sources. I don't know how any trumper who has the balls to read through this can argue against him without sounding like Alex Jones.

But WAS the election rigged? Let’s take a look. - Sen. Jeff Jackson : NorthCarolina

Last edited by wustin : 01-12-2021 at 06:38 AM.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:58 AM   #2120
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Have you not heard? It is 2021, this would never happen in 2021. This new case has proven the point. Watch, you'll see.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #2121
GrantDawg

I wish logic was the way to prove to people that the election wasn't stolen. Sadly, it is not. The people that believe the lie are never going to trust anyone but Trump. Unless Trump himself openly admits that it was legal process, there is going to be a cottage industry that is going to continue to spread the conspiracy. It is never going to go away, and the numbers who believe the lie are going to continue to be staggering.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:13 AM   #2122
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Unless Trump himself openly admits that it was legal process, there is going to be a cottage industry that is going to continue to spread the conspiracy.
I'd like to think that this is true, but I think we're even past this point. If Trump were to come out today and admit it, it would simply be proof of how powerful the Deep State is, that they even got to Trump.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #2123
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
My first thought was:

Made it publicly known that peaceful protest is fine, if they breach the cordon they will be arrested, and if they storm any public buildings they will be shot as domestic terrorists... I imagine the first volley over their heads will

Then I remembered this the US, not the UK, and nearly everyone has access to guns, so this is likely to mean proper gun battles, so that could be a civil war type event if played out over 50+ locations...

I said last week I fear for Inauguration Day - with the news and thinking about this, more so now TBH.

Any of you that live near potential flare ups, stay safe

Heard on the news this am that the organizers of the 50 state capital 2nd amendment “protests” supposedly coming this weekend have realeased rules of engagement as to when to not fire and when to fire at police and national guard/ military. :-(
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:22 AM   #2124
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm not worried about this weekend. I'm more worried about random days over the next year. We can have a Las Vegas style shooting pretty much anywhere and at any time.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #2125
GrantDawg

To some, Ben. It is never going to happen, so we will never know. But I think a Trump denial would be a wake up call to the largest group of believers, which is the low-engaged group. People who were not that politically engaged, but now are soully because of Trump. If Trump admits the lie now, I think they become bitter and cynical, then they go back to not really caring about politics.
No way to prove that, it us completely opinion. But knowing many that fit that description, I think I am right.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:29 AM   #2126
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not worried about this weekend. I'm more worried about random days over the next year. We can have a Las Vegas style shooting pretty much anywhere and at any time.

That latter scenario is just living in America shit. As long as we allow citizens to buy “military type grade” weaponry that will always be a possibility.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #2127
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To some, Ben. It is never going to happen, so we will never know. But I think a Trump denial would be a wake up call to the largest group of believers, which is the low-engaged group. People who were not that politically engaged, but now are soully because of Trump. If Trump admits the lie now, I think they become bitter and cynical, then they go back to not really caring about politics.
No way to prove that, it us completely opinion. But knowing many that fit that description, I think I am right.

I'm with Ben, but for maybe a slightly different reason. For them to not believe it was "the deep state", he'd have to go on TV and be earnest and convincing that he believes it was not stolen and why. He'd have to admit that he made it up to rally people to his side even though he knew it was false (he's not going to say "because I'm an insecure manbaby") and look into the camera and sell it with sincerity. That's just not in his toolbag, especially since he doesn't believe it himself.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:04 AM   #2128
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I understand the anger and calls for bloodshed last week, but it surprises me how many people seem to think it would have been a better day if only we had all-out armed conflict involving thousands of people in the close vicinity of the U.S. legislature and vice president. (And then whatever else was sparked across the country by that kind of event). That's a conflict the terrorists probably would have won, at least temporarily, until and if the military crushed it. Not that there shouldn't have been better preparation, but, with the situation that actually occurred on the ground, I don't want to think about what the world would look like today if if the strategy of the undermanned force there was to just open fire on everyone.

Last edited by molson : 01-12-2021 at 09:07 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:08 AM   #2129
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
People who live in North Carolina may already know about senator Jeff Jackson (D)...but for those who don't know, he's a very active poster in all of the north carolina subreddits. He's been giving updates about covid, the election, and vaccinations to north carolinian reddit users for a while now.

Anyways, he recently made a post in regards to the election fraud claims. It's a great write-up, full of references and links to many sources. I don't know how any trumper who has the balls to read through this can argue against him without sounding like Alex Jones.

But WAS the election rigged? Let’s take a look. - Sen. Jeff Jackson : NorthCarolina

Thanks for this link Wustin. I may share it on Facebook to try one more time to come back from the edge.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #2130
GrantDawg

Sterlingice, that was my point. Trump is never going to admit he lost, so this division is not going away.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM   #2131
kingfc22
Head Coach

How nice of the GOP to create a super spreader event by refusing to wear masks in the Capitol during the insurrection.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #2132
BYU 14
Coordinator

Trump: "There is a lot of anger over this impeachment" then goes on to add that he wants no violence (wink, wink)
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #2133
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

There is no remorse from him.

I can't wait when there is real bloodshed at each capital and the inauguration. "insert sarcasm here"

Either Trump will destroy America or America will have to destroy him.

Republicans are scum for enabling him, absolute scum.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 01-12-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: adding the sarcasm bit
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #2134
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

City of Alamo says it received no contact from White House ahead of Trump's Texas visit

City of Alamo says it received no contact from White House ahead of Trump's Texas visit | TheHill

Let's think about this for a second.

We know from history what happened at the Alamo, it was a to the last man battle.

I think the optics are Trump to his demented followers; you need to die to the last man for freedom (Trump).

The optics are that Americans died fighting the evil Latino (now liberal) horde and died to the last man. They need to do it for Trump now.

I have no doubt they will.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #2135
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
City of Alamo says it received no contact from White House ahead of Trump's Texas visit

City of Alamo says it received no contact from White House ahead of Trump's Texas visit | TheHill

Let's think about this for a second.

We know from history what happened at the Alamo, it was a to the last man battle.

I think the optics are Trump to his demented followers; you need to die to the last man for freedom (Trump).

The optics are that Americans died fighting the evil Latino (now liberal) horde and died to the last man. They need to do it for Trump now.

I have no doubt they will.

You know 1000% the QAnon nut jobs are going to spin this to say EXACTLY that.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:33 AM   #2136
kingfc22
Head Coach

Harvard removes Republican Elise Stefanik from advisory committee - POLITICO

Law and Order crowd getting their just desserts (ie. accountability).
Old 01-12-2021, 10:53 AM   #2137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gym Jordan talks about unity and refuses to say we had a fair election. He’s so slimy.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #2138
JediKooter
Coordinator

They can have all the unity they want in Guantanamo.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #2139
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I understand the anger and calls for bloodshed last week, but it surprises me how many people seem to think it would have been a better day if only we had all-out armed conflict involving thousands of people in the close vicinity of the U.S. legislature and vice president. (And then whatever else was sparked across the country by that kind of event). That's a conflict the terrorists probably would have won, at least temporarily, until and if the military crushed it. Not that there shouldn't have been better preparation, but, with the situation that actually occurred on the ground, I don't want to think about what the world would look like today if if the strategy of the undermanned force there was to just open fire on everyone.

I agree having that undermanned and under prepared police force open fire on the rioters was not the place or time do to leadership not taking it serious enough. I hope they do now and if things get out of hand the friendly forces have the courage to stand up to these thugs. If not we are going to be dealing with this over and over again for decades to come.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #2140
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I agree having that undermanned and under prepared police force open fire on the rioters was not the place or time do to leadership not taking it serious enough. I hope they do now and if things get out of hand the friendly forces have the courage to stand up to these thugs. If not we are going to be dealing with this over and over again for decades to come.

I dunno, you would've been able to wipe out a good portion of the true believers. Now they've gone back to their nests and can pull more idiots into their shit beliefs.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:21 AM   #2141
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

FBI report warned of ‘war’ at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence
By Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6d6_story.html

You have to be fucking kidding me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #2142
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
FBI report warned of ‘war’ at Capitol, contradicting claims there was no indication of looming violence
By Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6d6_story.html

You have to be fucking kidding me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, maybe it wasn't an inside job, but they were sure hoping.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #2143
miami_fan
Coordinator

Given the vitriol that has come Pence's way since he admitted that it was a fair election, why wouldn't Trump's supporters turn on Trump in the same way if he says that it was a fair election? Can he maintain his baseIt would be interesting to see if the commitment is to Trump or the cause. If it is to Trump, then sure making Trump insignificant will lead to unity. But if it is the cause, then Ben's scenario is much more likely
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #2144
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So...how far does this go? Are we looking at dozens of "patriots" dead somewhere in the next 8 days when they force a larger group of law enforcement to fire on them as they advance? Or what happens if a couple thousand of them show up with weapons somewhere and overwhelm security? At that point do we have to rely on Trump to send in the military?
Old 01-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #2145
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Given the vitriol that has come Pence's way since he admitted that it was a fair election, why wouldn't Trump's supporters turn on Trump in the same way if he says that it was a fair election? Can he maintain his baseIt would be interesting to see if the commitment is to Trump or the cause. If it is to Trump, then sure making Trump insignificant will lead to unity. But if it is the cause, then Ben's scenario is much more likely

Well, we have to be sympathetic to Republicans (the most vulnerable victims), they're afraid of the people that voted them into office.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #2146
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
So...how far does this go? Are we looking at dozens of "patriots" dead somewhere in the next 8 days when they force a larger group of law enforcement to fire on them as they advance? Or what happens if a couple thousand of them show up with weapons somewhere and overwhelm security? At that point do we have to rely on Trump to send in the military?

He won't. Perhaps, if it gets out of control, he declares martial law, blames Antifa and rounds up it's "leaders" Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
Old 01-12-2021, 12:35 PM   #2147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Our local paper just published a story today saying the guy who runs the biggest Qanon site on Gab and was calling for Pence to be arrested ives in my town about .5 miles from me. Awesome.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:40 PM   #2148
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Your GOP,

Old 01-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #2150
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Here's a rabbit hole of videos of people getting kicked off of flights for being terrorists.

I'm seeing the phrase "Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes" phrase a lot...and I like it

MN woman kicked off flight after being identified as rioter

Didn't get arrested it seems. Must be nice.