Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #2101
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Post #1984 by SirFozz:
think that means voting goes back to normal?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #2102
saldana
Pro Starter

or that we no longer have any "disguised" wolves left?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #2103
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I'm just sayin'...onna dese days, Fozz.

Onna dese days, I'll hit the lottery? Gee Tanks Sack!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #2104
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
think that means voting goes back to normal?

With the lucky references to AlanT and his comments about tiebreakers, I'd bet it does.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #2105
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Onna dese days, I'll hit the lottery? Gee Tanks Sack!

It'll hit you like a tonna bricks, if you take my meaning.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #2106
Barkeep49
Coordinator

hoops why are we trying to force a tie? I think there's clearly a stronger candidate here. I'm not sold on SackAttack, but he did come up with the code where CW, who we now can be 99% sure had the info, did not.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #2107
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #2100:

Tyrith - Lathum (2018), Saldana (2060), Barkeep (2077), Sack (2089)
Sack - Tyrith (2038), Hoops (2088)

No vote - Schmidty
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #2108
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, if you were the wizard would you accept a coin-flip to determine your fate (or that of your henchman) or would you out yourself?

I'm not sold on the tie strategy, but figured that putting the vote there would at least generate some discussion. We have 75 minutes to go here, so let's dig into this.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #2109
Tyrith
College Starter

You'll be a lot more sold on him in about 75 minutes :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #2110
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm guessing we are back to normal for voting. Glad that the metrics worked out for us last night.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #2111
Tyrith
College Starter

Wizard can't afford to use the tiebreak. He has to stay hidden, because if the wizard is found out, he will be killed. Indecision is the only way they can stay in the game. I thought of this plan earlier, but that's what kinda killed it for me.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #2112
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, we don't know how the wizard can be killed. He has the ability to flee - we do know that from the rules. But we also know that killing him is hard, based on some pre-game posts from our illustrious GM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #2113
hoopsguy
General Manager

Re-reading from last night - Tyrith and AlanT both seemed pretty OK with the idea of a tie going into the vote. Obvious posturing by AlanT, unless both were bad guys ...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #2114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Heh I am just the opposite. My First WW game, our Seer (neon_chaos) had managed to out two bad guys the very first two days (a feat I have never seen before). And I personally felt it got to his head a bit and he went crazy about it. so i argued strongly with him that he needed to reign it back in. By the end of day 3, he was so sure that I was bad and anyone who voted with me was bad that it was painful to watch lol.. I got lynched by my own side as the first villager lynched that game

Ever since, I tend to almost always go early, I think its because I tend to be active in the games. Both when I have been good and bad, I always seem to be an early target for people. But I doubt i will ever change my playing style. I love being active in these games when I can. they are alot of fun for me.

This was my first game I actually lived past day 3.
Alan I've actually put a lot of thought into this as well as I had been unsuccessful in living past early days. I seem to have done better lately
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #2115
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going back to Day 3, I was out of the mix for the last couple of hours. Path led on votes, but Tyrith tried to move votes towards Anxiety instead of looking to go after me while I was away. Is this a +EV move for a human?

There are an awful lot of questions I would like to ask the humans at the end of this game ...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #2116
Tyrith
College Starter

If were both badguys it probably would have been smarter to orchestrate some sort of dogpile in order to keep information away, especially information about Alan's bogus reveal.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #2117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Going back to Day 3, I was out of the mix for the last couple of hours. Path led on votes, but Tyrith tried to move votes towards Anxiety instead of looking to go after me while I was away. Is this a +EV move for a human?

There are an awful lot of questions I would like to ask the humans at the end of this game ...

I would love to answer them, but unfortunatly I'm dog food!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #2118
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I would love to answer them, but unfortunatly I'm dog food!

Wolf food. And keep your stinkin' leashes away from us.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #2119
Tyrith
College Starter

There's no way it's a +EV move for a human, because what if barkeep actually switches? It would make it a 4-4 tie involving a bad guy that could go either way easily and bring up all kinds of bad tiebreaker scenarios. Not giving out information and not rocking the boat when unnecessary is usually best for bad guys, especially with someone as in-depth as you ferreting out things.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #2120
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, if you were the wizard would you accept a coin-flip to determine your fate (or that of your henchman) or would you out yourself?

I'm not sold on the tie strategy, but figured that putting the vote there would at least generate some discussion. We have 75 minutes to go here, so let's dig into this.
If I am a werewolf do I really think that 50/50 is the best chance we have at getting a wizard?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #2121
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Re-reading from last night - Tyrith and AlanT both seemed pretty OK with the idea of a tie going into the vote. Obvious posturing by AlanT, unless both were bad guys ...

i thougth about this...i figure the wizard can only die if the pack alpha is a vote on him, and probably needs to have a percentage of the day's votes as well (i am 100% guessing about the second part).

therefore, it would make perfect sense for the last henchman and the wizard to get into a runoff where there was a very good chance that the variable laws would mean the alpha's vote may never be counted.

even if lathums vote had been on tyrith, unless it was the ONE vote that counted last night, it didnt kill him, meanwhile, an acutal tie vote without a tie breaker (which we apparently dont have) could have resulted in no lynch at all, giving the humans a free night kill.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #2122
saldana
Pro Starter

i think we need to all vote for the same person, and since lathum, who until proven otherwise is the pack alpha, is on tyrith, i think that is where all the rest of us should be too.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #2123
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What day of the week was D3? Today is the latest vote I've cast all game and I've only been around a few days at lynch so I'm not sure that was a real possiblity (my moving a vote)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #2124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(grins at reading some of the theories in this thread)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #2125
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
(grins at reading some of the theories in this thread)

please see the Star Wars game for lessons on how the DM is supposed to be quiet during the game
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #2126
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
i think we need to all vote for the same person, and since lathum, who until proven otherwise is the pack alpha, is on tyrith, i think that is where all the rest of us should be too.
So hoops you think there are two bad guys left, right? Or at least the possiblity there in. So if I'm the bad guys, why do I try and kill schmidty instead of you last night? Doesn't your living so damn long as the second most useful human role, after seer, suggest some evil on your part?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #2127
Tyrith
College Starter

No matter what, you all have to kill me now. Lathum's vote is on me, and it isn't going anywhere. As you'll see, it's wrong, but it's okay, you have no way of knowing that now. You all know what I think now. I'm going to play some EQ now, enjoy the show
Old 06-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #2128
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tyrith you think it's Sack? Or have we been completely led astray? I am always interested in getting the most out of good guys before we accidently chop them up. Of course I like getting the most out of bad guys too
Old 06-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #2129
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, the guys I have protected have both gotten a PM that let them know I was the one who protected them. Cronin and Schmidty have both posted this. So I think it is a pretty enormous stretch to suggest I'm playing as a bad guy.

I don't know if there are 1 or 2 left, but I don't think it helps the wolf cause to assume there is one left and that it must be one of the two guys we are targeting. We have no information to suggest there is just one left, as far as I can tell. I would hate to have victory snatched away from us because we were overconfident and careless at the end.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #2130
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
please see the Star Wars game for lessons on how the DM is supposed to be quiet during the game

Do things my own way. Always have, always will

Besides, it's FUN!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #2131
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
No matter what, you all have to kill me now. Lathum's vote is on me, and it isn't going anywhere. As you'll see, it's wrong, but it's okay, you have no way of knowing that now. You all know what I think now. I'm going to play some EQ now, enjoy the show

i am now very sure in my vote....why would tyrith say that we have to kill him because lathum is voting him...we can still all vote for someone else except lathum, and unless that person is the wizard, that person will die...dont understand this post at all except for an attempt to guilt us off our votes.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #2132
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok that's good enough to clear hoops. SO then how to look fora second bad guy. Hmm
Old 06-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #2133
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So hoops you think there are two bad guys left, right? Or at least the possiblity there in. So if I'm the bad guys, why do I try and kill schmidty instead of you last night? Doesn't your living so damn long as the second most useful human role, after seer, suggest some evil on your part?
this occured to me as well, but i think it was intentional...leaving hoops alive guarantees at some point, we will look at him and say exactly what you just said, and if we are all paranoid enough, we'll waste a vote and lynch him ourselves.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #2134
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok that's good enough to clear hoops. SO then how to look fora second bad guy. Hmm
i guess you didnt look at my theory in post 2060
Old 06-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #2135
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm expecting at some point that the humans will come after me, as my perceived trust level has increased over the last couple of days.
But with an alpha and a beta out there, there are certainly other impact roles to worry about instead of me.

I'm fine with a pile on Tyrith. I'm less than 100% convinced he is the wizard, but if he is not a henchman than I think it is increasingly likely that we are just facing the wizard. The options for two opponents are harder to wrap my head around with him not having one of the roles.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #2136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I both read on it and commented on it, I believe.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #2137
hoopsguy
General Manager

The super-majority to get the wizard seems plausible. And I don't think it matters if we are 4-3 or 6-1 against Tyrith.

Cronin said that they compelled his vote towards Lathum at one point, so if we are too close in margin we could get worked at the end. Not sure if this was fact or fiction (there were times when he was creative with the information he gave us) but I think it is another reason to avoid going to 4-3 vote count late.

UNVOTE SACKATTACK
VOTE TYRITH
Old 06-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #2138
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, this is the last time I have to vote before the deadline, so I'll go with what I had earlier. I'll be back after the deadline in an hour or so.:

Vote Tyrith
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #2139
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is it raining in Boston? Just checking ...
Old 06-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #2140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You're such a smart alec.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #2141
saldana
Pro Starter

watch the Law be least votes gets lynched
Old 06-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #2142
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guilty as charged. But it doesn't mean that it isn't going to be a factor ...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #2143
saldana
Pro Starter

wow....alone in the thread at the deadline...dont think ive ever seen that in WW before.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #2144
hoopsguy
General Manager

I got to the point where I considered this a done deal, picked up my laptop, and moved into another room to watch the NBA Finals.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #2145
saldana
Pro Starter

foz isnt even on the board right now
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #2146
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mom guilted me into filling up her gas tank and making a dinner run for her, or I'd have been here.

"You've been driving my car while yours was in the shop and I don't feel like filling it up even though I need gas."

"...okay, Mom."
Old 06-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #2147
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Family business sorry.

The wizard waves his hands, and Tyrith sighs as he sees the hate in all your eyes.. "I guess I'll be joining you now, brother" he sighs, as you tear him apart.

Your eyes travel back and forth from the wizard to Tyrith..
Old 06-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #2148
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and back and forth..

and nothing happens.

You are disheartened. So Close.. yet so far.

Will another of you fall in the night?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #2149
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum frankly at this point I resent your playing things so close to the vest if there was anything that could have been done here if you had told us.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #2150
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sigh - couldn't be that easy.