Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #2051
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I can't stand women who think they can control every aspect of my damn life...honestly, I am getting a divorce because of one...then I find another that isn't even serious and she turns into a fucking nutcase on me....damn I am through.

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #2052
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heading out for HSFB. Check out the webcast tonight if you're home, my son & the rest of the crew surely appreciates the support (yeah, they check their Analytics during the game). It's Athens Academy @ Riverside Military Academy in a very simple scenario: if AA wins then they clinch the region 8-A title & home field for at least the first two playoff rounds. Lose & it could turn into a heck of a tiebreaker mess depending upon other teams outcomes this week & next week (we're playing a non-region game next Fri).

Watch live webcast tonight, pre-game 715/kickoff 730 at Spartans Webcast
Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #2053
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Heading out for HSFB. Check out the webcast tonight if you're home, my son & the rest of the crew surely appreciates the support (yeah, they check their Analytics during the game). It's Athens Academy @ Riverside Military Academy in a very simple scenario: if AA wins then they clinch the region 8-A title & home field for at least the first two playoff rounds. Lose & it could turn into a heck of a tiebreaker mess depending upon other teams outcomes this week & next week (we're playing a non-region game next Fri).

Watch live webcast tonight, pre-game 715/kickoff 730 at Spartans Webcast
Will the tiebreaker end up being a Friday Night Lights-esque coin toss at the local diner?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #2054
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I can't stand women who think they can control every aspect of my damn life...honestly, I am getting a divorce because of one...then I find another that isn't even serious and she turns into a fucking nutcase on me....damn I am through.

WTF?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #2055
JediKooter
Coordinator

I want this shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: gif t-shirt_chimp_lg.gif (15.4 KB, 200 views)

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #2056
DanGarion
Coordinator

There are two men's restrooms in my office, the urinal in each restroom is exactly 46 steps from my desk.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #2058
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
WTF?

Long Story...really long...but since I will be in your neck of the woods next week...we might be able to sit and have a few while we bitch about women!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #2059
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Long Story...really long...but since I will be in your neck of the woods next week...we might be able to sit and have a few while we bitch about women!

Oh awesome! Let me know for sure when you are here and where you are.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #2060
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Any discussion of "Jean" begins and ends here-

I thought any discussion of Jean ended here

Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #2061
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
I just knew Farmville would end with a woman killing her child. Mother Alexandra V. Tobias Shakes Baby For Interrupting FarmVille, Pleads Guilty To Murder
The funny part is my friend was telling me this at work and the first thing I though of was "has to be Florida". Sure enough.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #2062
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Will the tiebreaker end up being a Friday Night Lights-esque coin toss at the local diner?

Nah. But that might have been the procedure for region 8-AA (who had the possibility of a 5-way tie for 3 spots going into tonight).

Happily we avoided all that mess by TCB with a 34-10 win. Started slow, actually trailed 3-0 but a pair of 54 yd TD runs by our QB and over 300 yds rushing team total put an end to that foolishness by early in the 3rd qtr as we pulled away after leading 21-10 at the half. Next week we'll probably roll with JV's in a meaningless game & rest everybody for the start of the playoffs two weeks from tonight.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-29-2010 at 11:07 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #2063
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Saw this headline twice in the past week: "Xbox gamer passes half-million milestone". So this time I clicked on link, expecting to see one of the nerds right out of Chuck's Buy More. Instead, the dude can put multiple sentences together, and has an attractive girlfriend.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #2064
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
If you buy a shirt that is a little snug, it will definitely shrink after the first wash. If you buy a shirt that is a little too big, it never shrinks.

It is very true

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-30-2010 at 12:02 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #2065
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I didn't realize, or if I did know I've since forgotten, that NoMyths wrote Lucktown. I received it in the mail today.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #2066
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
has an attractive girlfriend.

For all we know she's packing an inner-tube. Her face is 4/10, and her body could very well be 2/10.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #2067
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I didn't realize, or if I did know I've since forgotten, that NoMyths wrote Lucktown. I received it in the mail today.
NoMyths rocks.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #2068
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I sometimes view Vegas as a mythical place of sorts that resides in it's own kingdom. When someone says, "Las Vegas, Nevada", it almost takes me a minute to make the connection.

I think my problem is picturing Vegas in a state. Maybe we should make Vegas it's own state. Now that I think of it, that would keep that clown at University of Nevada happy.

No more confusion between UNR and UNLV.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #2069
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yep, I'm tired. Good night, tip your waitress. One way or the other.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #2070
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
If you buy a shirt that is a little snug, it will definitely shrink after the first wash. If you buy a shirt that is a little too big, it never shrinks.
So true. I feel perpetually stuck now in the Large/X-Large zone. There needs to be a size in the middle of the two. Large always feels too tight and X-Large feels too big. I can't be the only one like this.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:45 AM   #2071
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
So true. I feel perpetually stuck now in the Large/X-Large zone. There needs to be a size in the middle of the two. Large always feels too tight and X-Large feels too big. I can't be the only one like this.
More bacon would fix this.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #2072
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Similar to my disbelief that Todd Collins can still pull in a NFL paycheck, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that Darren Oliver was still pitching in the majors. I'm sure my eyebrows lifted a few weeks back when I heard he was pitching for the Rangers. I hadn't heard of him in years...I just figured he had drifted into obscurity and disappeared.

I admit I'm not a fan of much outside of college football, but I follow baseball better than football.

Still, Todd Collins! How does he have a job!?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #2073
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I sometimes view Vegas as a mythical place of sorts that resides in it's own kingdom. When someone says, "Las Vegas, Nevada", it almost takes me a minute to make the connection.

I think my problem is picturing Vegas in a state. Maybe we should make Vegas it's own state. Now that I think of it, that would keep that clown at University of Nevada happy.

No more confusion between UNR and UNLV.

Hell, the Strip itself is its own world. Downtown/Fremont Street still feels a part of Las Vegas, but the Strip is like this giant theme park all to itself.

(Not that I'm complaining; I love that about the Strip).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #2074
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Similar to my disbelief that Todd Collins can still pull in a NFL paycheck, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that Darren Oliver was still pitching in the majors. I'm sure my eyebrows lifted a few weeks back when I heard he was pitching for the Rangers. I hadn't heard of him in years...I just figured he had drifted into obscurity and disappeared.

I admit I'm not a fan of much outside of college football, but I follow baseball better than football.

Still, Todd Collins! How does he have a job!?

Similarly, we were in the checkout line at Target last Sunday when I spotted a woman in a light blue jersey with 'Kitna' on the back. I couldn't tell if it was a Seahawks or Lions one -- sort of bad knock-off, I guess. I turned to my wife and said, "That must be an old jersey. That guy hasn't been in the league for a few years now."

One shoulder separation the next day, and he's back in the starting lineup.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #2075
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I saw some dude in an authentic Culpepper Dolphins jersey the other day. I'm guessing that purchase was his personal Waterloo.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #2076
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
"That must be an old jersey. That guy hasn't been in the league for a few years now."

That's ok. I didn't even realize Rex Grossman was still in the league until yesterday.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #2077
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I saw some dude in an authentic Culpepper Dolphins jersey the other day. I'm guessing that purchase was his personal Waterloo.

Someone should still come up with a business where you can go to buy dogcrap jerseys. I'd proudly wear a Rich Campbell jersey...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #2078
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Saw a guy wearing a Curtis (P)Enis jersey at the Brat Stop last year...that was worth a laugh. I may have a picture around here somewhere...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #2079
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Saw a guy wearing a Curtis (P)Enis jersey at the Brat Stop last year...that was worth a laugh. I may have a picture around here somewhere...

I always keep thinking the Brat Stop is closed, but I just remember the building I always went to in the 70's with my Dad. (I think that building is still empty)
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #2080
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The old dude in the cubicle next to mine just farted hardcore and now I want to die.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #2081
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
The old dude in the cubicle next to mine just farted hardcore and now I want to die.

This post reminds me of HA.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #2082
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
This post reminds me of HA.
Sorry.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #2083
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Me too
Old 11-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #2084
JediKooter
Coordinator

It reminds me of Terrance and Philip.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #2085
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dear Robo-Call: I've missed only 2 elections in the 25 years I've been eligibile to vote (both run-offs that ended in blow out wins).

City, county, state, federal, if the polls open, I'm pretty much there. To continue to remind me that "tomorrow is Election Day" borders on insulting my intelligence. Enough already.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #2086
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I didn't even realize Rex Grossman was still in the league until yesterday.

+1
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #2087
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Bought Bioshock at $4.99 on Steam due to the Halloween sale. Having avoided atmospheric games like it as a whole, that was a little tense for a first time play.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #2088
samifan24
Pro Starter

Grammar pet peeve of the day: when people abbreviate Congrats as 'grats. It's an abbreviation to begin with; how lazy are you?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #2089
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Here is how I vote:

Typically, I have my kids with me, 6 and 4. So, if we are holding hands walkng through the parking lot, and you are trying to hand me something with your name on it, I am not voting for you. Let me walk in the building in peace!

Also-

I am Suburban Rhythm, and I approve this mesage.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #2090
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Here is how I vote:

Typically, I have my kids with me, 6 and 4. So, if we are holding hands walkng through the parking lot, and you are trying to hand me something with your name on it, I am not voting for you. Let me walk in the building in peace!

Also-

I am Suburban Rhythm, and I approve this mesage.

Not a bad idea. Rivals my philosophy of voting against the guy whose bumper stickers have cut me off the most.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #2091
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wish Woot had upgraded shipping options. It takes forever to get something from them. I know $5 shipping is there thing. But Smartpost is utterly rediculous.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #2092
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Grammar pet peeve of the day: when people abbreviate Congrats as 'grats. It's an abbreviation to begin with; how lazy are you?

+

k
Old 11-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #2093
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have already received one vote for county commish. Later today I will vote and I will then have two votes!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #2094
Suicane75
Coordinator

Pardon my french but EFF THE MCRIB!! Give me back my MCDLT. GIVE IT, GIVE IT, GIVE IT.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #2095
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I have already received one vote for county commish. Later today I will vote and I will then have two votes!

If there was online voting, I'd vote for you.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #2096
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

You be nice to the gentlemen Fancy and they'll be nice to you....... Aka get out them knee pads girl.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #2097
molson
General Manager

Bill Parcells' real first name is "Duane". Bill isn't even his middle name. He just goes by "Bill".

I've always been facinated by people who have a name, but then just feel they're entitled to just have a different name. Screw you, I say. Respect your parents.

Last edited by molson : 11-03-2010 at 01:53 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #2098
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Bill Parcells' real first name is "Duane". Bill isn't even his middle name. He just goes by "Bill".

I've always been facinated by people who have a name, but then just feel they're entitled to just have a different name. Screw you, I say. Respect your parents.
You just called out something else to piss me off today. Screw Duane.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #2099
MJ4H
Coordinator

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #2100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'd really like to go upside the head of people that are either too lazy, too sorry, or just too stupid to spay/neuter their domestic animals.