Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #2051
KWhit
Coordinator

And I am not sure what the problem is game-wise of just saying "I am not spawn". Haven't people done that in the past? What is the thinking behind avoiding that?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2052
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, sounds like we are on the same page.

I'm fine going on the away mission, but if I'm going I would prefer that any clearance today come from the doc and not the empath.

I would prefer that the empath targets someone who stays on the ship today.

I'm fine being scanned or not being scanned - whatever people prefer. I just want to make sure we are smart about it, whichever direction we take.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2053
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

KWhit, I agree, although with the spawnling possibility wouldn't the statement "I have not been infected" work even better?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #2054
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And I am not sure what the problem is game-wise of just saying "I am not spawn". Haven't people done that in the past? What is the thinking behind avoiding that?

Well I guess the call is Barkeep's if he will allow that.. but I personally think that is a little too "gamey" and in the past at least recently most GMs have not allowed that type of thing (forced or comeplled statements) for an empath.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #2055
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
KWhit, I agree, although with the spawnling possibility wouldn't the statement "I have not been infected" work even better?

I suppose so, although you can be infected without knowing it, I believe.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #2056
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well I guess the call is Barkeep's if he will allow that.. but I personally think that is a little too "gamey" and in the past at least recently most GMs have not allowed that type of thing (forced or comeplled statements) for an empath.

Ahhhh, makes sense.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #2057
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm heading out to see Wall*E so I'll be back in a while. Good luck if you guys go on missions.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #2058
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Heh. I was thinking the other way around. I know that if this were happening in real life and I had the chance to read one person's mind once per day, I'd walk up to every one and ask them to say a very clear statement that would tell me what I needed to know. I'd only really read the truth behind the statement once, but I'd want every person to say it. If the person didn't do it, my suspicion of them would go up big time.

So it feels game-y to me to tip-toe around that.

BUT, I think the better argument is for game balance purposes later on. If you have everyone saying "I am not spawn" you could balance things against the spawn pretty badly late-game if the empath happens to stay alive that long.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #2059
KWhit
Coordinator

Path, who are you looking to scan today?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #2060
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

(After the away missions, I'd assume)..
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #2061
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I was just about to suggest that path scan someone wounded or exhausted, since if cleared, we'll put them in the brig with the comfy, comfy beds.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #2062
KWhit
Coordinator

I sent in my request to BK to plan 2 more mining away missions, so we'll have 3 ready for today.

Saldana, if you show up, you can take the slaves out again. Hoops, Telle, you guys should be good to go as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #2063
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
(After the away missions, I'd assume)..

Not quite sure yet. I see benefits to both a future doctor and hoops. I'm kind of waiting to make a decision after seeing how the day develops, now that I've decided to wait until after missions.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #2064
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I was just about to suggest that path scan someone wounded or exhausted, since if cleared, we'll put them in the brig with the comfy, comfy beds.

I don't know how comfy. Alan snores.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #2065
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't know how comfy. Alan snores.

Just poke me and I'll stop.. That is what my wife does at least
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #2066
Passacaglia
Coordinator

mccollins might be a good option -- trainer is a pretty important position, since he's deciding who our new doctor will be.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #2067
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Just poke me and I'll stop.. That is what my wife does at least

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #2068
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I've looked at the private roles and can't find something that clearly explains why Telle would have been on the move last night. So I would like an explanation on this point.

Also, if people want to extend some level of trust to my line of questioning, I would like to see this answered before she goes off on an away mission.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #2069
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
PackerFanatic (6) - (1090), Tyrith (1129), saldana (1136), Marc Vaughan (1153), The Jackal (1201), Schmidty (1371), Olie (1410)
hoopsguy (5) - jeheniz72 (1219), path (1414), KWhit (1431), Danny (1434), Purdue (1444)

in all my games of werewolf, i dont think i have ever seen a run on a player in that short of span unless it was supported by a positive seer scan...especially a player of hoops' reputation.

Note to self. I agree this was a crazy run.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #2070
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
"If I am scanned by Path today, either before or after my away trip, he will survive the experience"

Does that work? It allows for the possibility that I could be infected on the away trip but pretty clearly states that I'm not spawn without using the magic words "I am not spawn"

The empath finds out if you believe the statement to be true in the opinion of the GM.

There's no way you know whether or not you'll be infected on the away mission.

FWIW.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2071
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
OK, I've looked at the private roles and can't find something that clearly explains why Telle would have been on the move last night. So I would like an explanation on this point.

Also, if people want to extend some level of trust to my line of questioning, I would like to see this answered before she goes off on an away mission.

Hoops, so are you saying you saw Telle out and about last night while you were out lurking about?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2072
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought YOU were the one on the move last night.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #2073
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If we are going to be forced down a you vs Telle voting path today like it seems you are setting up, I would rather the away missions get going ASAP for both you and Telle, as the performance of those missions are going to probably influence me to which of you two I will vote for (if I feel I have to vote and can't settle with no lynch which is my preference)...

Since each away team is you, a scientist and slaves, there is very little room for it to fail badly without having implications to you and Telle.

Since you are here now Hoops, it seems you get first shot to which scientist you want to pick to go on your trip even.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #2074
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

So you followed Telle around last night? Did you state you were doing that earlier in the thread anywhere? (Just curious as to the timing of everything).
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #2075
KWhit
Coordinator

And here's Telle.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #2076
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you followed Telle around last night? Did you state you were doing that earlier in the thread anywhere? (Just curious as to the timing of everything).

He said yesterday that he wasn't going to be guarding any of the rooms and asked the security guards to as he was going after "Viper" or something along those lines.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #2077
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
He said yesterday that he wasn't going to be guarding any of the rooms and asked the security guards to as he was going after "Viper" or something along those lines.

Yeah, I remember that - some Top Gun reference, I think.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #2078
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If we are going to be forced down a you vs Telle voting path today like it seems you are setting up, I would rather the away missions get going ASAP for both you and Telle, as the performance of those missions are going to probably influence me to which of you two I will vote for (if I feel I have to vote and can't settle with no lynch which is my preference)...

Since each away team is you, a scientist and slaves, there is very little room for it to fail badly without having implications to you and Telle.

Since you are here now Hoops, it seems you get first shot to which scientist you want to pick to go on your trip even.

isnt it partly random?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #2079
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And here's Telle.

i bet shes only 15 pages behind!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #2080
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
isnt it partly random?

Not completely.

Quote:
The success of an away team is dependent on:
*Whether the mission was planned by the First Officer or was unplanned
*The number of survivor crew present (non scientists)
*The number of scientists
*The number of evolved spawn on an away team(more spawn equals less success)
Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #2081
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Hoops, so are you saying you saw Telle out and about last night while you were out lurking about?

Yes, I followed her. I'm trying to understand why she was roaming about rooms. I'll be curious to see what her answer is to this question.

Quote:
I thought YOU were the one on the move last night.

I was following Telle.

Quote:

I posted last night that I wanted to hunt Spawn and asked other security folks to put in guard orders.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #2082
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I'm not necessarily going to turn it into "me vs Telle" but I continue to be interested in catching Spawn. So I'm going to continue to pursue that agenda, with my posts and with my actions.

You are double-cleared at this point (doc + empath) so I'm not suggesting you are a bad guy here. But I disagree with your strategy of not voting for people until we get in the air. Based on the first two days of voting, it seems like we'll have to catch a spawn in the act to get you engaged, and your word carries a lot of weight around here.

So, I'm asking you nicely - let me play this out with Telle. Don't have her go on her away mission until we talk through her actions last night. We can all then assess what we want to do with our away missions. But I don't think we want to send a likely spawn out on an away mission when we can send someone who has a good chance of being human.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2083
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
After the commotion of last night, the mere howling of the wind on the ship’s hull is a bit of a relief. A very big bit of relief, actually. Those who hear the howling all night long include Purdue, Danny, jeheinz, & Tyrith who are seen working hard on the Cargo hold. They are protected by Schmidty. Meanwhile, Pass & Mrs. Schmidty protect the Security HQ and Saldana protects the Slave Pens. Hoops is seen lurking around various parts of the ship through-out the night. All in all the fact that you are, still, all there come breakfast time buoys the ship’s spirit.

Room Reports
Engine Room – Damaged 9 man cycles to repair
Water Plant – Damaged (Non Operational) 6 cycles to repair
Cargo Hold - Operational (Undamaged) (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 64 units (Enough reserves for a little less than 4 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 16 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Operational (Undamaged)
Brig –
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Operational (Undamaged)
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 18 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 5 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer – Kwhit
Second Officer - Render
Security Chief - Hoopsguy Exhuasted
Ensign – Telle Exhuasted

Chief Engineer - Tyrith Exhuasted

Engineers
PurdueBrad Exhuasted
Danny Exhuasted
JeHeinz72 Exhuasted
Claphamsa

Trainer – mccollins Exhuasted

Medical Staff
Doctor - path12 Wounded
Medic - The Jackal Wounded
Medic - bulletsponge Exhuasted

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl Exhuasted
Warden - Passacagalia Exhuasted
Galley Master - Schmidty Exhuasted
Slavemaster – Saldana Exhuasted
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty Exhuasted

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic Wounded

Privates

Marc Vaughn Exhuasted
Chubby Wounded

The following people are exhausted today with no clear explanation above from BK's post:

Hoops - Claims he followed Telle (unverified)
Telle
mccollins
bulletsponge
Marc Vaughn

Do we know what any of these guys did last night (I easily could have missed something)
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #2084
hoopsguy
General Manager

2nd straight night for Bullet.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #2085
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
The following people are exhausted today with no clear explanation above from BK's post:

Hoops - Claims he followed Telle (unverified)
Telle
mccollins
bulletsponge
Marc Vaughn

Do we know what any of these guys did last night (I easily could have missed something)

No bed for me to sleep in
Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #2086
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
mccollins might be a good option -- trainer is a pretty important position, since he's deciding who our new doctor will be.

FWIW, I know I won't blow him up
Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #2087
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I'm not necessarily going to turn it into "me vs Telle" but I continue to be interested in catching Spawn. So I'm going to continue to pursue that agenda, with my posts and with my actions.

You are double-cleared at this point (doc + empath) so I'm not suggesting you are a bad guy here. But I disagree with your strategy of not voting for people until we get in the air. Based on the first two days of voting, it seems like we'll have to catch a spawn in the act to get you engaged, and your word carries a lot of weight around here.

So, I'm asking you nicely - let me play this out with Telle. Don't have her go on her away mission until we talk through her actions last night. We can all then assess what we want to do with our away missions. But I don't think we want to send a likely spawn out on an away mission when we can send someone who has a good chance of being human.

I have no problem with her answering for why she was out last night, or denying that she was out. If she denies it, then I am pretty sure today there will be a lynch despite what I personally ask for.. and the big question will be who to lynch you or her..

If the crew picks poorly, then we lose two officers as I am sure the other one will be next to go. By sending both of you out on away teams as planned, we accomplish two goals.. the more important goal of gathering the crystals we need and the secondary goal of seeing which performs worse to give an idea of which of you two to believe.

I am a bit concerned with what I feel to be stalling tactics from you to avoid the away mission.. THe spawn obviously don't want us to do 3 crystal runs today and will try to stop it... Since the only people left who can do runs are me, you, Telle and Saldana... I think we have to send you and Telle both out on away missions even though one of you may be spawn.

It doesn't cost us anything (since no one else can go anyways today), and it helps us with more data for a possible vote today.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #2088
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

(waiting for the wife to get ready...)

If you look at the number of non-exhausted people though, we have 9. We had 9 available beds (4 in the sec. HQ and 5 in the sleeping room), the standard answer will be "couldn't find a bed."
Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #2089
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I think it's a great idea to send you both out on away missions before we do much else today. The added spotlight of suspicion will make it less likely that either one of you will sabotage the mission, IMO.

And we NEED both of you to go out today - almost especially because you guys could be spawn. We don't want to infect me or Alan since we're cleared (and render may be cleared as well, since he was scanned this morning. You and Telle (and Saldana) are really our only choices for the away teams today.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #2090
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
No bed for me to sleep in

Did this involve you roaming about?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #2091
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It doesn't cost us anything (since no one else can go anyways today), and it helps us with more data for a possible vote today.

Yeah, I think we get the most/best available information from the mining missions of Hoops and Telle. And frankly, I will likely put my vote on whoever has the least successful mission (even though I was on Hoops yesterday although I'm slightly curious by Telle's night actions as well). So please Hoops and Telle, take on the mission and continue the discussion simultaneously as I want off this rock.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #2092
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Heh. I was thinking the other way around. I know that if this were happening in real life and I had the chance to read one person's mind once per day, I'd walk up to every one and ask them to say a very clear statement that would tell me what I needed to know. I'd only really read the truth behind the statement once, but I'd want every person to say it. If the person didn't do it, my suspicion of them would go up big time.

So it feels game-y to me to tip-toe around that.

That was my thought - which was leading to real paranoia in me when I suggested it a couple of times yesterday and had no takers (ie. is it one human and 20 odd spawn in this match ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #2093
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Did this involve you roaming about?

My PM (the first one I've gotten since my start of game PM) just said that there were no beds, I was angry about it, but the fact remained there was no bed for me.

Paraphrased of course....
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #2094
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I have no problem with her answering for why she was out last night, or denying that she was out. If she denies it, then I am pretty sure today there will be a lynch despite what I personally ask for.. and the big question will be who to lynch you or her..

If the crew picks poorly, then we lose two officers as I am sure the other one will be next to go. By sending both of you out on away teams as planned, we accomplish two goals.. the more important goal of gathering the crystals we need and the secondary goal of seeing which performs worse to give an idea of which of you two to believe.

I am a bit concerned with what I feel to be stalling tactics from you to avoid the away mission.. THe spawn obviously don't want us to do 3 crystal runs today and will try to stop it... Since the only people left who can do runs are me, you, Telle and Saldana... I think we have to send you and Telle both out on away missions even though one of you may be spawn.

I would rather see you sent out on a mission than someone who is a Spawn. Particularly if the Miracle Worker could emerge to protect you. If that was the case, we could load up the mission with people and try to hit the jackpot on that mission.

I'll put my order in now on the mission, but in doing so I think I become a less attractive target for the empath today. If I'm to be scanned today - and I'm not demanding it, mind you - I would strongly prefer it be by the doc so he can extract the spawnling in the event I am infected.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #2095
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, we really need the missions to happen and then the scan to happen ASAP so we don't spend hours talking about stuff that may or may not be actually relevant. Hours in the day are an asset, too, and I'd like to get us moving in the most productive direction as quickly as possible.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #2096
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
If you really want to go down the idea that one of the officers must be a spawn theory, obviously Telle makes the most sense to vote as she has the same percentage as the others, plus the added risk of being off of the ship at risk of infection twice.. Hoops didn't even go that path with his logic, instead he went after the person whom he had to gain if they died (to move up the ladder)...

Still trying to catch up in spare minutes during the day, but the bolded above stuck out in my mind in the midst of hoops' math posts.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #2097
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If I'm to be scanned today - and I'm not demanding it, mind you - I would strongly prefer it be by the doc so he can extract the spawnling in the event I am infected.

I could see this as a decent condition after the mission, particularly since we have a second doc being trained (if I've read along right). I also like the idea of sending Hoops out, risking him being infected one more time, possibly getting him healed/cured if he hasn't evolved and moving on from there. I do feel our missions right now are of prime importance as the engine will be fixed overnight.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #2098
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
(waiting for the wife to get ready...)

If you look at the number of non-exhausted people though, we have 9. We had 9 available beds (4 in the sec. HQ and 5 in the sleeping room), the standard answer will be "couldn't find a bed."

I only put three people in the brig.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #2099
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry i have been getting killed at work today, no way i am gonna be able to catch up before tonight...can someone tell me if i should be running the 5 slave away mission and what role (mining i assume) so i can get my order in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2100
KWhit
Coordinator

Marc,

What did you do last night?