Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #2051
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so I went back and reread my role description. I am warming up to the idea that a convert could still use a power. The only power that would make sense to be used are Duke and my role. There might be other roles in the game that we aren't aware of that also make sense, but of those are what we know of right now. I will collect my evidence against Tangle sometime this morning as I still feel he is stronger but am no longer feel it is a waste of time to keep testing the same guy over and over again.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #2052
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Who are we testing again and again? I'm advocating a vote for Blade who's never been tested. You've never been tested either. Are you talking about Jeebs?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #2053
JeeberD
General Manager

How in the heck does your role description give evidence that a player could keep his power after conversion? I just looked over mine and see nothing that would indicate that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Note that he then changed his vote, perhaps hoping that people would forget that he resisted the CW thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Ugh, I hate HATE doing this 'caue I think CW is clean. But my voting for someone else isn't going to accomplish anything, I'm afraid...

Vote CW

Yeah, I really tried to hide the fact that I was supporting CW...

I'll admit that I made a bad choice. Hell, I've been picking the wrong people all game long. But I assure you guys that I haven't been converted. The Things most likely see how y'all keep coming back to me so why would they waste a conversion on someone who is likely to be tested again?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:48 AM   #2054
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
How in the heck does your role description give evidence that a player could keep his power after conversion? I just looked over mine and see nothing that would indicate that?

I'm not saying there's a lot there, but based on the literal interpretation Schmidty has used before I think there's something there. Please realize that I'm still going after Tangle for a reason. I hope to have my case against him up in about an hour.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #2055
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I don't think Barkeep is the right choice. I'm pretty sure Blade is a Thing. He's avoided being tested, was "cleared" by a Thing (albeit we don't know if CW was a Thing at that point).

Let's talk about that for a second. If Coffee was converted, then it was the first night or the third night that he was converted. I'm assuming that hoops is telling the truth. If so, then it's either Blade or Barkeep. Barkeep made a key vote yesterday early, so I don't think it's him. Sticking to Blade.
Why is cronin not being included on your list might i ask? he was cleared post night 3 as well...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #2056
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Post #1840:

I found this one particularly funny since Blade seems as if he doesn’t do any research and just debates ideas.
Besides barkeep i think ive been the one who has gone back the most and studied past pages and comments. But twist it how you will.

Quote:
Post #1915:

Didn’t catch this yesterday. Blade has not been 100% correct this game. More hyperbole. Remember, it was dubb/Blade against Coffee/me when Coffee revealed himself as the seer.
It was a fucking joke about the 100%...read it
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #2057
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Why is cronin not being included on your list might i ask? he was cleared post night 3 as well...
Cronin was cleared on the night view the same night that CW could've been converted. It's a much stronger possibility that you or Barkeep was a fake "reveal" because there's a 50% chance he was converted and a smaller percentage (probably less than 30%) that he hit a Thing. The odds increase dramatically with you and Barkeep.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #2058
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It was a fucking joke about the 100%...read it
Ah, re-read. Got the sarcasm. Sometimes you need to put that in there, pal.

Regardless, I think hoops and I have both looked back more than you at prior posts.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #2059
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok since he only has 54 posts in the thread I'm going to update my previous recap of tangle's and then explain exactly what I find suspicious.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #2060
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

That Hoops didn't protect Coffee the night after his reveal tells me that I am almost certain he was probably converted that night. As a Thing I would be willing to take the risk of being blocked in order to take the seer out, I can't see how they would go anywhere else that night. Therefore, I am skeptical of anyone who was cleared by CW, even though obviously he wouldn't have just gone and cleared every Thing.

This to me leads to an obvious candidate. Blade backed up Coffee in his lynch and was cleared by Coffee earlier too.

Vote Blade
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #2061
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This took longer as I let myself get distracted while doing it. Through post 248 was a recap I did during Day 2.
Tanglewood:
88 - Checks in
Quote:
As a Thing, a clear strategy is to try and get people on their side who are tested early. However, if we then take that to mean that we shouldn't regard testing as accurate then we throw away our only weapon and are down to flying on instinct, so we have to place some faith in the test results at least. I reckon that we will need wither a good slice of luck at a cruical point or a monumental performance from one or two peeps to win this.
161 - Does a supposedly random D1 vote for path
248 - Claims not to have put in brillaint due to metagaming concerns. Further states
Quote:
Of course another reason is that I don't think it's all that usefull as major proponents want to make out. Firstly, it's quite possible that the Things can latch onto a group early on, an expereinced player could pick up on certain phrases or words and drop them into his post. Then we have 'cleared' a Thing for nothing more than doing a good job of straightowardly imitating someone else (I believe that a few games ago Blade complained that a wolf, AlanT IIRC, did this, simply imitating his posting style and use of phrase, thus Blade cleared him). Another is that it's not necessarily true that we all got the same PM, nor can we be certain that everything in our PM was not sent to the Things also. Of course, if the Things got the info in our PM then it all goes to hell as they jump in the 'cleared' group and all of us are pretty much walking blind. In that not unlikely scenario it's more helpful to not mention PMs at all.
311 - Agrees with Blade that I should be tested
319 - Meaningless post
427 - Does a very long post in which he argues (now we know correctly) that Hoops picked up on the use of brilliant. However, since he now thinks I am good follows my lead and votes for saldana (after deadline)
430 - Apologizes for missing the vote and argues his long post in 427 shows that he was working when he should have been voting
432 - Feels hoops vote for saldana clears hoops
440 - Defends the idea of qwik being a thing
469 - Wants me tested at some point. Believes hoops. Wants to target an UTR guy like mckerny with the second vote
565 - Is 50/50 on whether to test Dubb or Jeeber. Wanted to go for a low profile person but without support is voting for Dubb.
602 - Hopes that the last minute vote moving works out OK
716 -
Quote:
Here's an idea I just had after catching up. Why not just check Coffee Warlord today to see if he is the seer. If he checks out, then we keep voting for him every day afterward and let him do al the seeing at night. That way we have one confirmed good guy and we could unofficially vote for who to view at night. I am sure that there are some downsides to this idea, namely that that we only get one chance to discover a Thing rather than two, but it would be one confirmed chance as opposed with a guarenteed GG as opposed to one chance, another suspect reported chance and no confirmed GGs. What does everyone else think?
748 - Since people don't like the idea of 716 wants to test me, Jeeber, or Blade. Then wants to test CW the next day.
766 - Now dimsisses his 716 idea as "crap". Thinks that the time lapse between finding a shitface and killing one would be too fast
768 - Wonders why, if CW isn't the seer, someone else hasn't stepped forward
1046 - No idea bout who are shitfaces. Is catching up
1105 - Still not sure. Doesn't like 4 main candidates of the day (Blade, CW, RA, and dubb). Would rather vote for me. Or Jeeber or path
1110 - Thinks CW is clean but if forced to vote for one of the 4 it would be him
1114 - Wants a vote count
1121 - As no one is liking his ideas is forced to vote for who would have the biggest upside to being cleared
1125 - Votes CW. Partly to avoid a tie with Blade
1128 - Still wants to vote for me
1129 - Posts about the deadline time
1135 - Isn't sure if I started off bad or became bad. Thinks I would have been a tempting conversion target
1138 - Realizes there is more time for votes
1212 - Has no read on cronin
1230 - Will move to cronin if a majority can be reached
1231 - Sees enough people in thread to make switch work
1234 - Says we're going to find out if CW was being honest or not
1241 - Agrees with points of mine against cronin
1269 - Wants CW to scan me
1281 - Wants credit for saying CW was the seer
1289 - After I point out that he didn't have to vote for CW he responds
Quote:
None of the major candidates were people who I wanted to vote for and as I was the last to vote (2 hours before the deadline), I voted for the one I thought would be most helpful to come back Scientist. By the posibility of a group moving to someone I could get behind came, it was too late. CW had a 6-4 majority over Dubb, so even if I moved CW would still be tested. All it would've done was create the possibility of someone voting for dubb right at the buzzer and causing a tie.
1290 - Is hopeful that the bodyguard will protect CW for tomorrow
1422 - Says he has been busy and won't be active
1487 - Is catching up. Votes for Jeeber as someone who has been more suspicious as time has gone on. Still wants me tested
1703 - Asks hoops who he feels are shitfaces
1705 -
Quote:
I can see a few strands raised in the last few pages that all seem to make sense to me. Anxiety as the typical UTR conversion target, Barkeep as a likely conversion target, Coffee not being able to be protected two nights running so very possible he is a Thing, Hoops being too perfect to be a mere mortal human.
1739 - Reminds people that the deadline is later then people thought
1748 -
Quote:
I think the fact that we have no information in this game is just very frustrating for the humans, it makes everyone's opinion seem possible and very difficult to weed out faulty reasoning. I can just go through whole pages and say to myself about every person, well I can see where he's coming from on that vote, which is very irritating.

Perhaps a change of tack may be best. We are all sure that there is at least one original thing out there. If there were three at the start or Qwik was not a thing, then there are two. So, rather than trying to go after potential converts, which ijust seems to causing chaos at the moment as everyone is a suspect all the time, we should go back to trying to hit the original(s).

Confirmed NOT original Thing:

Coffee Warlord (Seer)
Raiders Army (Seer)
Dubb (Clean)
Blade (Brilliant)
Swaggs (Brilliant)
JeeberD (Duke)

Possible original Thing, voted for Saldana:

Barkeep
mckerny
Path

Possible original Thing, didn't vote for Saldana:

WVUFan
Anxiety
Cronin
Tanglewood

If we want a comprimise, I'd say pick an UTR guy from the last list. Obviously I listed myself there, but I feel that I did vote for Saldana, at least I intended to. For any of the lawyers out there, I had the Mens Rea if not the Actus Reus.

At this point I'm going to voting for Anxiety, I've spotted a few inconsistencies that I'll post up together in a min or two.

Vote Anxiety
1760 - Says Anxiety has been "gunning" for me all game. Posts some examples
1762 - Posts some possiblities about Qwik and me regarding who is/not a shitface
1765 - Argues that Anxiety has more vote switches in a short period of time then a normal scientist
1766 - Agrees that he missed a possiblity in 1762
1947 - Wants people to explain why the suspect him. Votes for CW
1958 - Thinks people with info should step forward
1960 - Meaningless post
1969 - Going to bed
2060 - Is skeptical of people CW cleared. Votes for Blade
Old 04-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #2062
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok after reading over Tangle's posts:
I don't like the fact that he has had a couple of last minute shinanigans. First with missing the vote on saldana, by 40 minutes. Then by indicating a willingness to switch away from CW, who at the time he thought was innocent, but not doings so despite the fact that he could have voted for just about anyone else in the game and not had it matter. I also don't like his post in 1748 as the consenus is pretty strong that there are only 2 original shitfaces.

That said IF there were 3 I think you could make a case that Tangle was the third. Hoops like to say that as a bad guy it's important to be honest with just about everything you post. That could be an example of such honesty.

That said I have to admit that after reading his posts I don't feel as suspicious of him as I once did. I'm not ready yet to switch my vote, but I'm getting close to being ready. Cronin did a great job yesterday and he feels more strongly about Jeeber then I do about tangle at this point which leads me to think maybe I should follow his lead on this.

It's something I'm going to think over during the day and will post on when I come back around 7 eastern.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #2063
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Cronin did a great job yesterday and he feels more strongly about Jeeber then I do about tangle at this point which leads me to think maybe I should follow his lead on this.

And he felt certain about Dubb a few days ago. He's been hit or miss, just like most of us...

Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #2064
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And he felt certain about Dubb a few days ago. He's been hit or miss, just like most of us...
Fair enough. Would like to know though: Is your power 1 time or not?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #2065
JeeberD
General Manager

Yes, it was a one time power...

Old 04-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #2066
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, it was a one time power...
Good to hear you say that.

And hello to thread lurker Tyrith. Hope to maybe see you play a future game!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #2067
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
And hello to thread lurker Tyrith. Hope to maybe see you play a future game!

Funny, I was noticing the same thing last night. And second the sentiment. New blood is always good.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #2068
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You know, this whole burning thing ain't so bad....
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #2069
JeeberD
General Manager

Does it kinda tingle?

Old 04-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #2070
st.cronin
General Manager

Since the last vote, there has been no night cycle, so that vote gives us the best possible evidence on who to go after.

So, Barkeep and myself should be considered clear for this vote. RA perhaps as well, since he was an early bandwagoner. Possibly even hoops, although I could go either way on him.

Jeeber had by far the most suspicious posts and votes in the last vote. Keep it simple guys - test the human who is most out of synch.

I keep restating the same argument, yet people still want to test BK.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #2071
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm off to the gym and then am going to help my brother move into his new home (*grumble*). I'm not sure what time I'll be back at the computer, so I'm going to go ahead and get a vote in.

Vote tangle

A vote for Jeeber is a wasted vote, boys.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #2072
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Since the last vote, there has been no night cycle, so that vote gives us the best possible evidence on who to go after.

So, Barkeep and myself should be considered clear for this vote. RA perhaps as well, since he was an early bandwagoner. Possibly even hoops, although I could go either way on him.

Jeeber had by far the most suspicious posts and votes in the last vote. Keep it simple guys - test the human who is most out of synch.

I keep restating the same argument, yet people still want to test BK.
Why Jeebs over Blade?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #2073
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood

This to me leads to an obvious candidate. Blade backed up Coffee in his lynch and was cleared by Coffee earlier too.

Vote Blade
Quote me backing CW...please...PLEASE...in yesterday's vote i dont think i backed him once. And before yesterdays vote i was saying it was highly likely hes a thing. Want me to go quote posts, becuase i can. Lets see you do it...:o
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #2074
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why Jeebs over Blade?
RA, i should be cleared for not voting for CW yesterday. As a thing, do you know how stupid it would be to vote like i did. I stuck out like a girl at michael jackson's house. Come on RA, i stated and everyone else knew almost from the start of the day CW was going down. You need to look at the CW voters(prob. the later votes) for your things. If i was one, i would have made sure to be on CW yesterday. Come on buddy, think like a thing here
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #2075
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade's been under the gun but never tested or revealed as a human. He was also Coffee's staunchest ally yesterday. I want him tested. I'll find some other posts after I've gone to work.
I utterly disagree, but at least you gave some quotes..i respect that...give me a bit and ill start my post rebuttal
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #2076
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Testing CW tells us barkeep was clean last night...nothing more...i acutally figure he is clean now and wont be after tonight...but the group has decided...hoops hoops hoops
I retract my statement about not defending CW...i was wrong again...i found this nice tidbit from yesterday. Feel free to test me now
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #2077
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Coffee - Cronin (1869), Raiders (1878), Barkeep (1929), anxiety (1930), Hoopsguy (1943), Tangle (1947), Path (1949), Swaggs (1950), Jeeber (1962), mckerney (1964)

Hoopsguy - Blade (1918), Coffee (1945)

No votes - Kingfc, WVUFAN
Just for reference...if you asked me, outside of hoops the things should be the ones with late votes on coffee...to me thats from hoopsguy to mckerney...i cut it at anxiety, where there is a break...it was 4-1 at that point, and quite clear then CW was going down.
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 04-27-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #2078
Tyrith
College Starter

Lurker: Always glad to be noticed. I've flipping through some of the older games, it definately looks interesting.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #2079
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Just for reference...if you asked me, outside of hoops the things should be the ones with late votes on coffee...to me thats from hoopsguy to mckerney...i cut it at anxiety, where there is a break...it was 4-1 at that point, and quite clear then CW was going down.
I buy this. And it is revealing that the two people who aren't me who have recieved suspicion are Jeeber and Tangle both of whom are in that block.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #2080
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

There was as much of a break even earlier:

Cronin 1869
Raiders 1878 (9 posts later)
Barkeep 1929 (51 posts later)
Anxiety 1930 (1 post later)
Hoops 1943 (13 posts later)
Tangle 1947 (4 posts later)
Path 1949 (2 posts later)
Swaggs 1950 (1 post later)
Jeeber 1962 (12 posts later)
Mckerney 1964 (2 posts later)

So the big break was between Barkeep and Anxiety....not that I think it really matters too much. I don't disagree that we might find some things later in that line, but I think it was fairly obvious even before Barkeeps post at 1929 that CW was the way to go yesterday, was it not?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #2081
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
Lurker: Always glad to be noticed. I've flipping through some of the older games, it definately looks interesting.

We'll be waiting for your signup next game then. I probably won't vote for you the first day. But then again I might.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #2082
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
There was as much of a break even earlier:

Cronin 1869
Raiders 1878 (9 posts later)
Barkeep 1929 (51 posts later)
Anxiety 1930 (1 post later)
Hoops 1943 (13 posts later)
Tangle 1947 (4 posts later)
Path 1949 (2 posts later)
Swaggs 1950 (1 post later)
Jeeber 1962 (12 posts later)
Mckerney 1964 (2 posts later)

So the big break was between Barkeep and Anxiety....not that I think it really matters too much. I don't disagree that we might find some things later in that line, but I think it was fairly obvious even before Barkeeps post at 1929 that CW was the way to go yesterday, was it not?
Before barkeep it was 2-1(i voted hoops before barkeep voted CW)...then anxiety voted 1 post later so i added him. But by no means is a 2-1 vote clear the 2 will get tested...3-1 maybe, but 4-1 for sure...hence my logic..if you want to include anxiety in the group, feel free
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #2083
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Before barkeep it was 2-1(i voted hoops before barkeep voted CW)...then anxiety voted 1 post later so i added him. But by no means is a 2-1 vote clear the 2 will get tested...3-1 maybe, but 4-1 for sure...hence my logic..if you want to include anxiety in the group, feel free

Well, I'm not really trying to advocate putting him in the group or not. I guess my point is that even when it was 2-1 (and I'm kind of talking out of my ass here because I haven't gone back through the posts since I really shouldn't be online right now anyway) it's my recollection that you weren't getting a whole lot of support for hoops after the bg reveal and that most of the talk was going CW's way. I know that I held off as long as I did just to see how the discussion went and threw out a couple devil's advocate questions, but there really wasn't any real choice yesterday.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #2084
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Wow, this thread is dead so far tonight.

RE: My late voting, I almost always vote late on lynches unless I am fairly sure of someone and even then am ususalyy willing to swap around late on. Check any of my votes in this game or previous games if you like.

As for Blade, the whole 'I didn't vote for a Thing so I must be clean' logic is just ridiculous.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #2085
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

dola

Actually ddn't realise we had around 10 posts in the last half hour, things are heating up slowly I guess.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #2086
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Well, I'm not really trying to advocate putting him in the group or not. I guess my point is that even when it was 2-1 (and I'm kind of talking out of my ass here because I haven't gone back through the posts since I really shouldn't be online right now anyway) it's my recollection that you weren't getting a whole lot of support for hoops after the bg reveal and that most of the talk was going CW's way. I know that I held off as long as I did just to see how the discussion went and threw out a couple devil's advocate questions, but there really wasn't any real choice yesterday.
I knew, and said when i voted hoops i knew it wasnt going to gain any support...the question was still if some other target would step up like it always seems to. Rarely does the person who leads early finish getting tested. But yes, yesterday was a fairly foregone conclusion. But as a thing i dont think i could place a vote on CW when its 2-1 and effectively damn him. Id wait and see if some villager makes a move and creates an oppurtunity. Hence my logic
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #2087
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
As for Blade, the whole 'I didn't vote for a Thing so I must be clean' logic is just ridiculous.
Ya, becuase a thing would just love to be singled out in the votes after it was sooo obvious who was getting tested yesterday. IM THE ONLY PERSON ALIVE who voted for someone other then CW...why would a thing make a move like that and draw that kind of obvious attention...it doesnt make sense tangle
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #2088
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ive stated for a few days hoops and tangle we my things...so since one of my two suspects is up for a test, ill be happy to lend my support

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Demotivation
Old 04-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #2089
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
But as a thing i dont think i could place a vote on CW when its 2-1 and effectively damn him. Id wait and see if some villager makes a move and creates an oppurtunity. Hence my logic

OK, I agree with your point there. I've gotta think though that the things knew early what the score was and might be anywhere in that line. Well, except first. I totally believe Cronin was clear yesterday.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #2090
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just to let everyone know, I will be at a wedding in the San Juan islands friday and saturday, so tomorrow's vote deadline will be monday.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #2091
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ya, becuase a thing would just love to be singled out in the votes after it was sooo obvious who was getting tested yesterday. IM THE ONLY PERSON ALIVE who voted for someone other then CW...why would a thing make a move like that and draw that kind of obvious attention...it doesnt make sense tangle

If there are 5 things, which we could assume is how many there are with 2 originals + 6 conversions - 3 killed, then I find it not incocievable that it would be someone's 'duty' to try and get the vote switched off of a comrade whilst the others pile on trying to look clean. Add in that you voted relatively early in the day, when the vote was 2-1 CW over mckerny with no other votes cast, and whilst there had been some discussion toward CW it was by no means finalised that he was going down. You are a good player, so I can see that you would have been chosen/voulenteered to fight CW's corner and as you are a good player you would be able to fight your own corner if he was downed and you had to explain your actions.

So in summary:

1. At the time you voted, you were not actively going against a foregone conclusion
2. Therefore, it was still very possible for someone else to have been tested that day at that point
3. A Thing would not neccessarily have known that he was hanging himself out to dry with such a vote
4. Even if it was likely CW was going down, the Things have to try to save him, if they did it was virtually game over.
5. Blade could reasonably have chosen as he has the panache to sometimes effect such swings and the arrogance to believe he can. He is also adept at defending his actions, so could weasel his way out if things went badly and he had to cover for himself.

Ultimately - When the Things are soooo close to winning, why need to try and hide amongst scientists on a Thing lynch? A clean day today would have almost guarenteed a win and if I were them I'd've been all out for that. Your logic of 'going against the grain means I'm not a Thing' is completely flawed.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #2092
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But as a thing i dont think i could place a vote on CW when its 2-1 and effectively damn him. Id wait and see if some villager makes a move and creates an oppurtunity. Hence my logic

So, when you vote it is 2-1 CW. You said a Thing would not vote for CW in this situation.

Previously you said:

Quote:
RA, i should be cleared for not voting for CW yesterday. As a thing, do you know how stupid it would be to vote like i did. I stuck out like a girl at michael jackson's house. Come on RA, i stated and everyone else knew almost from the start of the day CW was going down. You need to look at the CW voters(prob. the later votes) for your things. If i was one, i would have made sure to be on CW yesterday. Come on buddy, think like a thing here

Make up your mind. You're just talking crap.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #2093
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm sticking with Blade.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #2094
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I mean, I'm sticking with my vote for Blade. I need piece of mind that he's a scientist or Thing.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #2095
st.cronin
General Manager

One more point for the humans: Most humans are probably right now under the belief that me and BK are clear. Barkeep I think has not voted yet, but I have voted for Jeeber. That's the only vote that you can be sure is a human vote. All other candidates (excepting Tangle, whom BK took his vote off of) were first voted on by somebody who MIGHT be a thing. So, if you agree that consensus is the way to go, Jeeber is the safest pick for that reason.

knives out
Old 04-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #2096
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is an interesting conversation:

Post #1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Either you believe me or not, but, the following things happened.

1) I was not converted. Again.

2) I scanned Blade. The son of a bitch came up clear.

When I asked him why he scanned Blade he said this in Post #1617:

Quote:
Because we've been flirting with voting Blade forever, always wind up swapping at the buzzer, and I wanted to know for certain. (or at least as certain as you can get in this game)

He follows up with this post #1618:
Quote:
I find it quite surprising, I might add, that now 2 of the big 3 who were strongly fighting me back on The Day of Reckoning are good guys (or at least WERE on that particular day.)

And Blade responds to him by pushing for hoops yet again in post #1619:
Quote:
Which should show how badly we screwed that day up...meaning it is likely the things didnt get too involved, so people like hoops who sat back and make some really non-argumentative comments should be our top prospect...

CW, would you be willing to vote hoops with me if i swapped?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #2097
st.cronin
General Manager

I suspect Blade as well, RA, but we really need a consensus pick, and he's NOT the simplest choice. This is one of the few votes where the last vote is actually meaningful, and Jeeber's was the worst vote. He originally voted for a known human, tried to undermine the strategy BK and I had laid out, and then half-assedly changed his vote later on. We HAVE to test him. I feel very strongly about this.

knives out
Old 04-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #2098
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I suspect Blade as well, RA, but we really need a consensus pick, and he's NOT the simplest choice. This is one of the few votes where the last vote is actually meaningful, and Jeeber's was the worst vote. He originally voted for a known human, tried to undermine the strategy BK and I had laid out, and then half-assedly changed his vote later on. We HAVE to test him. I feel very strongly about this.

I'll go ahead and follow you on this, Cronin, since you were dead on with CW and are so certain here. But you are hanging yourself WAY out there if we come up blank on this one.

VOTE JEEBER
Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #2099
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty then. Begrudgingly, I

UNVOTE BLADE6119
VOTE JEEBERD

Just for the record, you all should know that I am still a scientist since I usually leave the board at about 7 EST and don't come back until the morning.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #2100
st.cronin
General Manager

The next vote we will have to start over. I would suggest we start with anybody who put votes on Barkeep in THIS vote, since at this time he's pretty much a known human.

knives out