Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #2051
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I wont out who I passed my item too... or tell what it is, becasue that would ruin its value (if they plan to use it like I was hoping to). sorry no ovbvious night kill for you.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:20 AM   #2052
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote cronin

Im pretty sure I havento voted yet.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #2053
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Morning all. Let me update you on my thinking. I was at the turtle farm when RA was killed. Both cronin and I found him dead. It sounds like neither of us saw it happen, but cronin made the comment (post 1465):

Quote:
I don't know where oliegirl, Taz, KWhit, and maybe a few others were. Also it is not clear at all if Raiders Army was killed at the same time that I was at the turtlefarm. In fact, its plausible he was killed elsewhere and dumped there.

Does that seem right to you pass?

However, as I replied in post 1470, RA said he visited the turtles, so I really don't think cronin's scenario could be true. And the more I thought about it, the more it seemed he was trying to make himself look like less of a suspect for the crime. I think I could have nailed him for it then, but I was afraid of a runaway, and wanted to see if anyone would save him -- which is why I asked about that toward deadline.

On the other hand, when Barkeep came out with his stuff against cronin, after he came out with the controversial stuff, he was gone. This is some meta-gaming, but I remember a game where Barkeep said some stuff that got me lynched, and later he told me that he purposely didn't reply to me when I asked him about whatever he said (I think it was something like "he seems suspicious") because he didn't want me to have a chance to defend myself. I just kind of caught that vibe from him when cronin was foaming at the mouth, and BK had taken off. Granted, in the game I was talking about earlier, I was a wolf, and BK was a villager, so maybe he was right to try that tactic then, and maybe he's right to try it now. But for the record, I equate that with "lying as a villager," so maybe BK can see why that happens!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #2054
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, that's out there. I welcome reading people's thoughts on that when I get to work.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #2055
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I came out in my support of BK Friday and continue to see nothing that makes me doubt him other than, at worst, some aggressive villager play. I have a feeling we're going to be spread out again today for another probably no lynch which I know Chief Rum is against but I still have yet to see the huge disadvantage of since our numbers are still so high. That being said, any lynch at least gets us info and keeps us from arguing in circles. So if I'm not going to vote Barkeep, that leaves me Claph, Lathum, Anxiety, and Cronin who all have votes I believe.

In sticking with my Friday vote, I'll

vote St. Cronin
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #2056
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone have a vote count?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #2057
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm sort of surprised that Chief has bought Anxiety's police report story. That, to me, was the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of believability. It just doesn't make sense.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #2058
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum here's what I came up with:

Barkeep – cronin (2015), mccollins (2033), tax (2045)
KWhit – nfg (2019)
Anxiety – barkeep (2038)
Cronin – clap (2052), purdue (2055)
Clap – nfg (2047), Chief (2048)
Lathum – path (2049)

Needed votes to lynch assuming 40% minimum: 8
Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #2059
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am really trying to wrap my brain around Paths continual voting of me.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #2060
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am really trying to wrap my brain around Paths continual voting of me.

Lathum, of the other four (outside of BK), I was curious about this as well and thought that I must have missed something about why you're on his list. Path is a strong player, as are you, so I was kind of curious about this dynamic as well.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #2061
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I apologize for going OT, BUT...

We have 18 players left in this game. The most any golden wolf thread has for votes is 12. That means MANY of you who are still playing haven't voted yet. Go vote.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #2062
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Lathum, of the other four (outside of BK), I was curious about this as well and thought that I must have missed something about why you're on his list. Path is a strong player, as are you, so I was kind of curious about this dynamic as well.

If he wants to vote me thats his buisness, but I think it is going to boil down to other candidates today.

It just seems to me that he is hiding his vote on me while using the excuse the he has voted for me in the past and doesn't want to change.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #2063
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

However, as I replied in post 1470, RA said he visited the turtles, so I really don't think cronin's scenario could be true. And the more I thought about it, the more it seemed he was trying to make himself look like less of a suspect for the crime.

Well, if you think RA was killed by somebody at the turtle farm, that makes it either you or me, right? I know it wasn't me, and my guess is you know it wasn't me, either. Do you have still those drugs?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #2064
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I apologize for going OT, BUT...

We have 18 players left in this game. The most any golden wolf thread has for votes is 12. That means MANY of you who are still playing haven't voted yet. Go vote.

I'm waiting til I am out of this game to vote.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #2065
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If he wants to vote me thats his buisness, but I think it is going to boil down to other candidates today.

It just seems to me that he is hiding his vote on me while using the excuse the he has voted for me in the past and doesn't want to change.
I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but I will say that voting for a random candidate is particularly harmful in this game because of the minimum % requirement.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #2066
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but I will say that voting for a random candidate is particularly harmful in this game because of the minimum % requirement.

which only adds to my suspiscoun of him.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #2067
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Good morning everyone I'm here and will be catching up and hopefully casting a vote shortly.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #2068
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Well, if you think RA was killed by somebody at the turtle farm, that makes it either you or me, right? I know it wasn't me, and my guess is you know it wasn't me, either. Do you have still those drugs?

Yes, I do. My plan had been to pass them to someone who would be removed from the game (i.e. lynched), but we haven't had one of those yet.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #2069
st.cronin
General Manager

I think Passacaglia's actions/posts regarding the drugs are much, much shadier than anything Anxiety has posted.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #2070
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Cronin, I agree because we would never be able to get verification that he actually gave them to the person since that person will be gone. Whereas with Anxiety, at least he and whoever it was passed to, are still conceivably around.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #2071
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

At the same token though (and this was supposed to be part of the previous post but I hit the wrong button), I understand what Pass is trying/hoping to do since they do seem dangerous. Tough argument here.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #2072
st.cronin
General Manager

Except that I have asked Pass to use them on me. If you assume that Pass is a villager, and is telling the truth about what the drugs do, there's no compelling reason for him not to have done what I asked.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #2073
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote St.Cronin

I'm not voting for Anxiety. While I'm a little suspicious about his whole rigamarole I'm willing to wait out for the crime report.

That leaves BK and Cronin to vote for (as I still don't get the suspicion on clap or Lathum, really).

I think it's a good bet that one of Cronin and BK are wolves, so in a way, as long as we lynch SOMEONE, we should get some info from it. I'm sticking with Cronin as my opinion on that matter really hasn't changed from Friday.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #2074
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Here's what I have

Barkeep (3): St. Cronin (2015), mccollins (2033), TazFTW (2045)
Cronin (3): claphamsa (2052), PurdueBrad (2055), jeheinz72 (2073)
Anxiety (1): Barkeep (2038)
claphamsa (1): Chief Rum (2048)
Lathum (1): path12 (2049)

Not Voting (9): Jackal, nfg22*, Lathum, Passacaglia, oliegirl, ntndeacon, Qwikshot, Anxiety, KWhit
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #2075
st.cronin
General Manager

Dola, his claim that he's waiting to pass it to somebody who is going to be lynched can be translated: "I'm waiting to pretend to pass them to somebody in such a way that nobody can verify that I have passed them, that way I can actually hold on to them or pass them to somebody else in the Underground."

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #2076
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
McCollins, obviously there is no way for you to know this but quoting PM's is generaly forbiden. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up - I had no idea.

Let's pretend that I just summarized the PM
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #2077
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Just a reminder that you all are voting for me based on how I've played this game not what I've done this game. Cronin's actions, I feel, speak much louder than my words, and Anxiety's inconsistencies are more troubling yet.

You lied when making your case for Cronin.

You said he was trying to persuade things a certain way leading up to a vote and then your basis was quotes from after the voting deadline.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #2078
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Deseperation? Really? When we have someone who has lied about having a weapon?

Vote Anxiety

He lied? I haven't seen any proof that the status of the weapon isn't as Anxiety has stated.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #2079
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I've convinced myself at least:

unvote Barkeep49
vote Passacaglia

My circle of distrust is: Barkeep49, Passacaglia, and KWhit. Circle of trust is The Jackal and Lathum, maybe Anxiety.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #2080
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll switch back to Barkeep at deadline if no momentum generates on Pass.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #2081
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, his claim that he's waiting to pass it to somebody who is going to be lynched can be translated: "I'm waiting to pretend to pass them to somebody in such a way that nobody can verify that I have passed them, that way I can actually hold on to them or pass them to somebody else in the Underground."

I thought the whole point was that you didn't want the act of passing them to be verified -- that we want to keep it secret, so that the wolves don't find out who really has it.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #2082
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I really want to vote for Path but it would probably be a futile vote.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #2083
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I thought the whole point was that you didn't want the act of passing them to be verified -- that we want to keep it secret, so that the wolves don't find out who really has it.

No, the point is to get them out of the game, which is I asked you to use them on me.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #2084
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass - if the drugs are what Swaggs said they are (a knockout agent), then I recommend using them, and I think it almost doesn't matter who you use them on. You can use them on me, if you want. What I'm thinking, is, it might be possible for the drugs to have a different use for wolves as opposed to villagers, in which case passing them around might be too risky.

cronin, here's post 1366, the post where you recommend using them on you. I'm just not for that plan, and I agree with the seond part of your post, that passing them around might be too risky.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #2085
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Except that I have asked Pass to use them on me. If you assume that Pass is a villager, and is telling the truth about what the drugs do, there's no compelling reason for him not to have done what I asked.

It sounds like the only way I can get in your good graces is to do exactly what you say, and use these drugs -- which might do different things for wolves -- on you. Someone who I think killed RA, and isn't exactly high on most people's trust lists.

That's just not going to happen.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #2086
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, I'm feeling more and more comfortable with you just holding on to the drugs. If you keep them, we know where they are and who uses them if used.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #2087
st.cronin
General Manager

Pass, there are several other things you could have done: Used them on somebody else, or used them on yourself, or passed them on to somebody else. Any one of those moves I would have approved of. That you have held onto the drugs, and nothing has happened to you, is a point that makes me nervous. That you were at the turtle farm when RA was killed makes me nervous. Put everything together, and you just strike me as one of the most suspicious characters in the game.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #2088
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass, there are several other things you could have done: Used them on somebody else, or used them on yourself, or passed them on to somebody else. Any one of those moves I would have approved of. That you have held onto the drugs, and nothing has happened to you, is a point that makes me nervous. That you were at the turtle farm when RA was killed makes me nervous. Put everything together, and you just strike me as one of the most suspicious characters in the game.

I'm not going to use them on someone else just to get rid of them -- I think that's unfair to knock someone out just for that, and besides, if we're working with the possibility that they do different things to wolves, that can be a dangerous idea. I'm not going to use them on myself, despite what CR suggests! And like you've said, passing them might be risky (post 1366), so I don't really think you'd have been happy with that.

I think it's strange that you didn't mention the turtle farm until I did. It seemed like you wanted to keep the idea under wraps, but now that I've brought it up, you're going after me.

It just doesn't seem suspicious to me. It seems more like you're trying to intimidate me into a) doing what you want me to with the drugs, and b) not asking any more questions about RA and the turtle farm.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #2089
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thinking more about the drugs, it strikes me as odd that you implied you were going to get the drugs, then took it back -- could it be that you did purchase drugs, and learned something about them?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #2090
st.cronin
General Manager

Where do you get the idea that they DO something different to a wolf? My suspicion was that they would have different value to a wolf as something possessed, not as something used on them. The idea that they would do something different to a wolf seems unlikely, and weird.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #2091
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Where do you get the idea that they DO something different to a wolf? ...... The idea that they would do something different to a wolf seems unlikely, and weird.

Pass created the idea in 2085:
Quote:
It sounds like the only way I can get in your good graces is to do exactly what you say, and use these drugs -- which might do different things for wolves -- on you.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #2092
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So the idea that they have a different use for a wolf (post 1366 of yours) is not weird, but my thinking (post 2085) is? What else could 'different use' mean?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #2093
st.cronin
General Manager

Right, I know he put that out there, I'm just wondering what its based on.

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #2094
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I just don't get it. The idea that the drugs have a different effect on wolves is weird, but you're proposing that if wolves possess them, they might be able to make it have a different effect on their victims, and that's NOT weird?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #2095
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Right, I know he put that out there, I'm just wondering what its based on.

I really thought that's what you meant, and if that's not what you meant, I still don't know what you meant.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #2096
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I have a guess as to what you might have meant (post 2094), but I just don't see how that's any less weird than my idea!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #2097
st.cronin
General Manager

I was working off the idea, proposed back on day 1 or so by I forget who, that the wolves winning condition was based on accumulating items. That's why the way I tried to phrase it was they might "have a different value for the Underground."

knives out
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #2098
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was working off the idea, proposed back on day 1 or so by I forget who, that the wolves winning condition was based on accumulating items. That's why the way I tried to phrase it was they might "have a different value for the Underground."

Can you show me when that idea was proposed?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #2099
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

For me, if I'd received these drugs I would have taken them myself. I don't ever remember a "suicide" in a WW game, and since most drugs are hallucinogens, I'd be thinking that they would provide some sort of insight - maybe a temporary seer capability, maybe the ability to "recreate" a specific event that has occurred in the game. In my experience, anything harmful is somehow marked, a black package, etc...somehow identifying that it's a harmful substance. Your unwillingness to take the drug is putting you at the top of my distrust list...
Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #2100
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Dola - that post was directed to Pass....