Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #2001
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Good points. I agree with Richards as far as the sample size. I hadn't examined the night kills. I don't think that they're flavor text at all.

It could be the Shadow King, but I"m not sure if that's just coincidence with Nightcrawler. Could it have been that the player that is the Shadow King had to control Nightcrawler? Or maybe the Shadow King read the history and knew Nightcrawler was his weakness?

The problem with looking at the people (myself included) who committed attacks on Spidey are below:

The ones who did were (in order): Prof X, Mimic, IronFist, Magneto, Kang.

1. Prof X, Magneto and I all used base attacks. Hardly something that would kill the wall crawler.
2. In the sliding scale of innocence, I'd look at the ones who attacked later than earlier.

I really don't see how you could accuse Prof X of trying to kill Spidey when he did a base attack and he was the first attack.

It's worth noting that I really didn't want to attack Spiderman, but Doom didn't want me to attack Colossus so there you have it.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #2002
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm looking hard at the Nightcrawler attackers. It seemed patently obvious to me that he was being manipulated in some way.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #2003
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Oh, and fucking OUCH.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #2004
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Forgive me. I did not realise you were a member of a team. If your numbers include a fellow prelate in the Vision then I would be happy to move to your team instead. My powers are partially team-based, so they should prove useful to my fellow members. As stated I fear my own team may be infected with treachery. I enterrtain a fair degree of trust for the Vision and yourself.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #2005
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I'm looking hard at the Nightcrawler attackers. It seemed patently obvious to me that he was being manipulated in some way.

If my impressions on his death were correct he was probably soon to become the agent of a power opposed to Doom. While he was still a loyalist in name, I believe his death was a necessary evil.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #2006
JeanGrey
Mascot

If the brotherhood of mutants would like to have me back, I would certainly rejoin, especially with Charles' death and the loss of private communication.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #2007
JeanGrey
Mascot

I personally grieve for the loss of my mentor and someone who had never lost faith in me.

I feel, contrary to some, that Mimic was the intended kill. By going after Mimic, there is the possibility of killing both Charles, who stated he was going to be a weak guard, and Mimic. If they went after Charles, then there is the one death only.

They knew that Charles would not make a good guard and tried to exploit that, in other words. So, in my mind, the death of Charles reflects well upon Mimic .
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #2008
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I thought Prof X was guarding Magneto?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #2009
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Does anyone have anything approaching an accurate record of the teams currently in existance? I have completely lost track of who belongs to my own team, let alone any other. But fear that there are one or two rebel elements concealed in our numbers.

Feel free to colour code it for my entertainment. I enjoy colour coding. It is pleasing to my eyes.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury
The Punisher
Spiderman
Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #2010
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
If my impressions on his death were correct he was probably soon to become the agent of a power opposed to Doom. While he was still a loyalist in name, I believe his death was a necessary evil.

While I think there is a chance you are correct, that's still a large supposition to make and given you attacked Nightcrawler as well, a wholly unsurprising one.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #2011
Punisher
High School JV

Interesting turn of events...nothing to me, but with X-man gone instead of, say Mimic, I'd say that's interesting.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #2012
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I personally grieve for the loss of my mentor and someone who had never lost faith in me.

I feel, contrary to some, that Mimic was the intended kill. By going after Mimic, there is the possibility of killing both Charles, who stated he was going to be a weak guard, and Mimic. If they went after Charles, then there is the one death only.

They knew that Charles would not make a good guard and tried to exploit that, in other words. So, in my mind, the death of Charles reflects well upon Mimic .

I think it is Magneto that he guarded but I'm glad there is someone else that is not willing to write it off so easily as they just went after the Professor. I really think the smart play would've been to try and overpower both.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #2013
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Ghost Rider
Nick Fury
The Punisher
Spiderman

haha, this is hilarious
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #2014
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Folks, earlier today (Thursday) my wife and I found out about a very sudden and wholly unexpected death in her immediate family. I was able to fire off a very sparse and uninformative PM to hoops and Tyrith, but had no time to explain it here.

I do expect to have some time to participate with the game, it just will be touch and go for a few days perhaps. I take seriously the investment that the community puts into games like this which I enjoy so much, so I will do my best to live up to my own commitment to you.

Just understand (and, really, I know that you do) that this game must take a backseat for a while; my wife and family are hurting and need me more than you.

So, carry on, and I'll be in to contribute as best as I can.

Thanks in advance, because I know how FOFC pulls together in the bad times.

Yours,
The FOFC Poster Currently Known as Vision

PS I'll be watching for the first one of you bastitches that says "Hmm Vision has been quiet, that's suspicious"!!!

[ooc] dude...seriously? yikes. my condolences. Nobody would think any less of you for bowing out of the game you know.

FOFC Charles Xavier [/ooc]
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 AM   #2015
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I feel that Mimic had created a large enough storm around himself that many of the goals of those loyal to Doom would end up being put aside until enough people were happy one way or another with his guilt or innocense to drop the matter entirely. I felt that I would have to include myself in the category of one who would have a huge hurdle of trying to discern what Mimic's true intentions were that prevented me from seeing beyond to other equally pressing matters.

After an evening of reflective thought, I feel as the first prelate that Mimic should be taken off of the table as a target for attacks today, that he should be given the opportunity to prove his worth. Last night I had intended Mimic possibly to be the target of my mighty wrath today, but that has been tempered with better reason now. I think in the end we may find that Mimic was indeed loyal to Doom after all and just did a bad job of putting his foot in his mouth and appearing to be all over the place which started this entire distraction regarding him.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #2016
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Interesting turn of events...nothing to me, but with X-man gone instead of, say Mimic, I'd say that's interesting.

Not that suprising to me. If mimic was a rebel, he wouldn't have killed himself.. and if he was loyal to Doom, that likely means he has been telling the truth and the rebels need Galactus stopped as well.. So I can see why they would leave him alone.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 AM   #2017
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
For the little it is worth Charles is probably the one I suspect the least. However I am willing to wager that he has accumulated a large quantity of power during his 3 days of inaction. I await to see how he deploys this power with interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Note - PMs are still going out, and likely will be for a while yet.

Nightfall brings with it a growing sense of uncertainty. Three days into your efforts to quash the rebellion, and you have not yet turned up one rebel. If they had not routed you on the first day in Tunisia it would be hard to believe that the Rebellion even exists.

Except, of course, for the growing body count. On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body. Some might find irony in this. Others feel a sense of loss, even in this dog-eat-dog world. But you will all miss the presence of his great mind in the coming days.

FUCK!!!!

ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #2018
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
FUCK!!!!

Wow, the language today. You guys have now killed the Hulk's adolescence. What's next, his virginity?

Does anybody else find it ironic that that smiley has more ability to move up and down than Professor X did?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #2019
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr. Sinister calls for all parties to report to the Pentagon for an emergency session.

"A covert team has continued research initially started by Dr. Strange that associated an energy influx with the recent events. We have learned that our forces have been actively opposed by an other-world deity known as Khonshu. Some of you may recognize this as the being often associated with Moon Knight, the first traitor detected in our ranks."

"We've been seeking a way to take the battle to him and believe we now have a way. There is legend of an ancient tomb in Egypt, holding a statue that is the living embodiment of this deity. By finding this statue, and destroying it, our mystics believe that we will force his presence from the Earth. This should be a veritable deathblow to the rebellion."

"Do not even consider failing on this mission."
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #2020
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry X, in all seriousness, I view your loss as a pretty big one for us.

I want in on this mission. If you want something done right...

join Egypt mission
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #2021
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

...unless of course Lord Doom and gloom wants me to do something else.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #2022
Punisher
High School JV

I'd go, but I'm running low on energy. I'll still go if I'm needed, just letting everyone know my status.

That said, I may not be readily available for parts of the day.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #2023
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Note - PMs are still going out, and likely will be for a while yet.

Nightfall brings with it a growing sense of uncertainty. Three days into your efforts to quash the rebellion, and you have not yet turned up one rebel. If they had not routed you on the first day in Tunisia it would be hard to believe that the Rebellion even exists.

Except, of course, for the growing body count. On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body. Some might find irony in this. Others feel a sense of loss, even in this dog-eat-dog world. But you will all miss the presence of his great mind in the coming days.

I received no indication that Charles died protecting me, so I believe the attack was directed at him.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #2024
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post

A few different people have mentioned that the rebels might have been trying for a "multi-kill" last night. I spent a bit of time looking through the rules and I can't find that possibility even mentioned anywhere. I don't see it in the guard section or the night action section. Did I miss it somewhere, or if not, where is this supposition that they can make multiple kills coming from?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #2025
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. Sinister calls for all parties to report to the Pentagon for an emergency session.

"A covert team has continued research initially started by Dr. Strange that associated an energy influx with the recent events. We have learned that our forces have been actively opposed by an other-world deity known as Khonshu. Some of you may recognize this as the being often associated with Moon Knight, the first traitor detected in our ranks."

"We've been seeking a way to take the battle to him and believe we now have a way. There is legend of an ancient tomb in Egypt, holding a statue that is the living embodiment of this deity. By finding this statue, and destroying it, our mystics believe that we will force his presence from the Earth. This should be a veritable deathblow to the rebellion."

This is something I can get behind.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #2026
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'd go, but I'm running low on energy.

I'm not great energy-wise, so I'm wondering how bad off a lot of us are. This mission and Galactus are going to be tough. Is Galactus a bigger priority or is this one? The don't think about failing line made me think this one but if we're all struggling energy-wise, we may have to really choose carefully.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #2027
Colossus
n00b

Colossus will ensure the destruction of the statue.

JOIN MISSION TO EGYPT
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #2028
Punisher
High School JV

I don't know how you feel about it, but it seems like we some others to step up. Too many heroes, not enough workers.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #2029
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
This should be a veritable deathblow to the rebellion."

This said, and given our complete inability as a group to competently identify and eradicate the rebels, they may well choose to sacrifice one of their number sabotaging today's mission. I am sure my Lord Doom is taking this into account when assembling his chosen strike team.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #2030
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

We do, I'm wondering if Doom is going to instead organize teams as he sees fit rather than continue on how we've gone along, with lots of us expending energy while others save.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #2031
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
This said, and given our complete inability as a group to competently identify and eradicate the rebels, they may well choose to sacrifice one of their number sabotaging today's mission.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post

JOIN MISSION TO EGYPT
Old 10-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #2032
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
The don't think about failing line made me think this one but if we're all struggling energy-wise, we may have to really choose carefully.

Rare wisdom from a fiend.

All things being equal, I will need to rest once in the next three days to continue to perform at my expected excellence.

Given Ms. Frost's outstanding chart of individual participation in missions, several "heroes" are storing up threatening amounts of energy. This disturbs me greatly.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #2033
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
This said, and given our complete inability as a group to competently identify and eradicate the rebels, they may well choose to sacrifice one of their number sabotaging today's mission. I am sure my Lord Doom is taking this into account when assembling his chosen strike team.

Keep fretting about it, dad. Meanwhile, I'll do something. Since I conserved energy yesterday, I can throw adequate support to this mission, while still assisting Mimic tomorrow against Galactus -- or assisting whoever else fights Galactus tomorrow, if that seems like a better arrangement. I would have been able to do more if I hadn't had to defend myself against the heinous attacks yesterday, but such is life when working with such "Heroes" as these.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #2034
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Ouch, "a fiend". At first, I thought you misspelled 'friend' but that hurts. I may not always have skin on my face, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #2035
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Ouch, "a fiend". At first, I thought you misspelled 'friend' but that hurts. I may not always have skin on my face, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

You're a damned soul that spends eternity collecting other damned souls for delivery to hell.

I think that fits the 'fiend' description pretty well....
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #2036
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would like each team to designate a team leader by the end of the day.

I'll post the team lists that I have later this morning to help with this process.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #2037
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Since you mention Magneto I remember Jean Grey mentioned that he should be regarded as cleared during private team talks. A co-incidence?

At the risk of bringing up "evidence" that incriminates myself, I wondered myself what the derivation of this statement was. I still wonder.

All I can say is that you may examine my actions and my words until you are satisfied. I have done what I have done and I have given my reasons for each.

I am the only soldier of Apocalypse and Doom that has attended each mission against the rebels, and my performance has been, in a word, exceptional. You may call it arrogance; I call it truth.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #2038
Quicksilver
n00b

JOIN MISSION TO EGYPT

I have a reasonable amount of energy I can use as well.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #2039
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
It's worth noting that I really didn't want to attack Spiderman, but Doom didn't want me to attack Colossus so there you have it.

I do not wish to associate myself with Kang; however, my actions were the same last evening. Colossus's duplicity disappoints me.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #2040
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I would like each team to designate a team leader by the end of the day.

I'll post the team lists that I have later this morning to help with this process.

Magneto leads the Brotherhood, in the unlikely event there was any doubt.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #2041
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Nick Fury is the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. as he founded it.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #2042
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Vision was the one who created Strike team, however he seemed to be ok with the SilverSurfer being the team leader at the time, and with Vision's other OOC issues, perhaps that might work best anyways.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #2043
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Magneto leads the Brotherhood, in the unlikely event there was any doubt.

I had no idea.

LEAVE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #2044
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I do not wish to associate myself with Kang; however, my actions were the same last evening. Colossus's duplicity disappoints me.

What, do I have B.O. or something?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #2045
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I had no idea.

LEAVE BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

So be it, daughter. Although I believe you are genuinely attempting to help us defeat Galactus and the rebels, you have clearly made your decision to do it alone.

You will never comprehend the depth of my sadness when I lift up your corpse after the village finishes destroying you; but you have chosen your own path and I see that there is nothing I can do to dissuade you.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #2046
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll go on either mission, or I can continue to work on my Galactus preventing work (which has fallen behind due to the sabotage and then having to take down the Destroyer).

I'll let Doom pick since he got all uppity over my pick of an attack yesterday.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #2047
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
I joined the brotherhood a number of pages ago.

STANDARD ATTACK HUMAN TORCH

No explanation. No "gut" feeling. Just an attack

Quote:
Perhaps I am confused, and Lord Apocalypse please correct me if I am mistaken, but the generic attacks, in my understanding, were for those who had not yet expended any points and needed to spend at least 1 point to get their full 4 eps overnight.

If this is in fact the case I will revoke my attack on Human Torch. If it is not, then I have to ponder the wisdom of such a command my lord, for surely it is folly to weaken our forces.

He doesn't seem overly sure of his gut instincts here.

Quote:
I apologize for my lateness in arriving. I put but a single ep into my blow upon the Torch.

A simple attack.

Quote:
Everyone asked me the same question, why did I hurt Human Torch so badly. I answered this as plainly as I possibly could. I DIDN't. I hit him with a finger at best. A basic attack does a LOT of damage from the likes of myself. I can't help that.

I am starting to get the impression that Colossus attacked the Human Torch with a single attack.

Quote:
I stated earlier that I used a simple basic attack on Mr. Storm. I believe I commented that it wasn't MY fault he was...Fragile?

I can't give you any more answer than the truth, I hit him with a basic attack. 1 ep worth. I also noted OOC that I have a large multiplier on my attacks and to be wary.

Yes, that appears to be the story here.

Quote:
And since Mr. Storm has now been eliminated and verified my distrust of him I can be honest with my abilities.

I do 2 points of damage per ep I expend. I hit him with 3 points because I suspected he was not what he said he was. I have no solid evidence, it was a gut feeling, luckily my instincts were correct in this case.

Um. Oh! I was misreading his statements all along. In fact he was attacking with three points. Silly me for misinterpreting the signals.

Quote:

JOIN MISSION TO EGYPT

Colossus must know that his lies have caught up with him. A fine way for him to go out in a blaze of glory if he is a rebel would be to sabotage the efforts of any other member of the Brotherhood involved in this mission. Let's face it Pietr. You have lied for no apparent reason. If you are loyal you should never lie unless there is a clear benefit to do so. I can fathom no benefit for you to have to mislead us in this fashion. The most likely scenario is that you are a rebel caught in a mistake.

Attack Colossus

Vote: Remove Colossus from The Brotherhood

I am not even sure that that is permissable.

[ ooc - the sarcasm is my attempt at roleplay. ]
Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #2048
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

ATTACK COLOSSUS
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #2049
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
At the risk of bringing up "evidence" that incriminates myself, I wondered myself what the derivation of this statement was. I still wonder.

All I can say is that you may examine my actions and my words until you are satisfied. I have done what I have done and I have given my reasons for each.

I am the only soldier of Apocalypse and Doom that has attended each mission against the rebels, and my performance has been, in a word, exceptional. You may call it arrogance; I call it truth.

I did not wish to imply that I consider you a traitor. I just found it interesting that the two ex-prelates I most suspect of treachery took it upon themselves to declare you "cleared". Of course, this is a classic tactic used by traitors to gain credence for their cause.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #2050
EmmaFrost
Mascot

... If you are loyal.