Old 03-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #2001
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #2002
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated to reflect Neon's scan of Clap last night.

1. Clap - Hoops vouches that he is Noah Bennet, viewed as inactive by Neon (no kill that night)
2. Hoops - Clap vouches that he is Claire Bennet, RendeR scanned as good
3. Jackal - Neon vouches as inactive on night of kill (was that a Sylar kill? I think it was ...), RendeR scanned as good
4. Path12 - no vouches on ID, but Grey (hero) says he attacked him with his power and Path lived, supporting Adam Monroe claim
5. Grey - RendeR scanned as good, Path vouches for use of power
6. Schmidty - has anyone scanned him yet?
7. Neon - has anyone scanned him yet? Has demonstrated power by initiating chat with Jackal
8. Chief Rum - has demonstrated power by chatting with RendeR
9. MrW - unscanned
10. RendeR - viewed in trance by hero Thomkal
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #2003
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Thomkal observed him in a trance the night before he died, if I recall correctly.

Two thoughts on RendeR = Sylar.
1.) He was the last to reveal his role (point against)
2.) Do we really think Isaac, the seer, isn't in a werewolf game? (point for)

Another thought on Render-Sylar. But first a question: jeheinz said Sylar absolutely does not receive a name, right?

Because I know Render is Isaac. That info isn't from Render. It's from jeheinz in my PM announcing our mental connection. So, assuming the moderator ain't doing something funky and sending me lies, Render is definitely Isaac.

If Sylar does have an assumed identity as provided by jeheinz, of course, all bets are off.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #2004
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, I'm operating under the same assumption with Clap as you are with RendeR. If one of us is working with bad info here, by way of moderator PM, then I'm going to be a tad frustrated at the end of the game.

The question on Sylar and initial name has been asked a few times and the consensus opinion seems to be that he only received the name Sylar (Heinz posted this after the question was asked a few different ways). If this is incorrect then I'm working off a very bad set of assumptions.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #2005
hoopsguy
General Manager

I guess at this stage I'm most interested in either Path or Neon as they have claimed roles later in the process that I don't think are cinches to be in the game. I feel that Path has demonstrated his power in the thread (per Grey trying to kill him, story matching with DT trying to kill him) while I can't recall an instance where Neon has done the same.

Neon has established PMs with Jackal, who seems pretty convinced of his innocence. Neon has cleared a couple of people, which is a good way of building trust with an unverified power. Someone correct me if I'm forgetting something and just allowing myself to get paranoid for no good reason.

At the moment, my distrust list looks like this:
Neon
Path
MrW

MrW has gotten a fair amount of latitude from me because of his role (Hiro) and because SnDvls said he contacted Hiro. So that convinces me that the role is in the game and is not Sylar. But just about everyone else not named NeonChaos or Path has a more compelling vouch as far as I can tell.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #2006
path12
Coordinator

Well, since I haven't been scanned (seriously, why the hell am I never scanned?) there's not a ton I can do to prove anything more than I already have, except to point out that I was on DaddyTorgo for at least a couple of days.

The problem with lynching me though is that being an uncertain night kill does provide some value to the heroes......though as I've said I understand the idea of winnowing down the unchecked people since we seem to have numbers on our side.

It would all be much easier though if someone just friggin' scanned me.....
Old 03-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #2007
hoopsguy
General Manager

Don't blame me - I asked RendeR to scan you last night for that very reason ... you have more value being around at night than Jackal (or most of the others we could potentially pick).

Path, in a larger sense I wish I had your issues with never being scanned. Or that people would at least wait until Day 3 or later to scan me. Sigh.

So, what do you think about the other players remaining in the game? The early votes went to Schmidty and MrW ... do you think those are optimal plays? Where do you sit on Neon? Any other ideas that haven't been aired yet?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #2008
path12
Coordinator

Here's what I think of the remaining players:

RendeR -- I trust the little bastard for a change. I believe his scans are good. That means that hoops, Jackal and Grey are good.

Schmidty -- I was on the fence about him, because what better villain than one with multiple powers? But his reaction to Grey blasting me got me thinking that he's possibly good, I think baddies generally know exactly what is going on in the game. I would like to see him scanned though.

Clapham -- He's learned quickly to measure his posts, wouldn't you say? The thing I like best about Clapham is that he plays the clueless character better than almost anyone, and I think is going to become a really hard wolf to pick out. He's been around the whole game, and I hardly remember a thing he's said. Total unknown at this point except for the fact that you vouch for him as a name, which should mean he's not Sylar.

Chief. I would like Chief to be scanned. I would say after me, but I know I'm good and think I've proved it enough to not be the immediate target. I don't see where the fact he's chatted with RendeR means anything. I remember a game where Anxiety and I were brothers, I vouched for him early based on that, and he was a wolf the whole time.

Mr W I think I've covered. He is playing his usual game of keeping his cards close, but if you've apparently done nothing or nothing that anyone is aware of at night on day 7, I think you either have a way too minor power to keep under your vest or you're a bad guy.

Neon to me is much in the same boat as Chief. Just because he can initiate contact doesn't mean much to me, so he is still a bit of a question mark to me. My gut leans good with him, whatever that's worth.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #2009
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, in a larger sense I wish I had your issues with never being scanned. Or that people would at least wait until Day 3 or later to scan me. Sigh.

Fair point. It definitely helps me to be a better wolf. But it's frustrating in games like this.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #2010
hoopsguy
General Manager

The thing with Chief is that his role was named in the death description for Olie/West. She had a telepathic link with Matt Parkman in her role. No one has challenged that reveal. So that tells me that Parkman is in the game. Ergo, not a Sylar fake reveal.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #2011
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, fine. If Sylar kills me and uses this against you, it's your funeral.

My power is that I can alter the deadline. It's somewhat limited in that Heinz has to be around to effect it. It's a one-shot thing.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #2012
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

BTW, I think it's an asinine play to vote for me unless you think there's another company member in the game (which, in my mind, strains credibility). SnDvls confirmed that Hiro is in the game, and if I weren't Hiro, then surely the real Hiro would have confronted me about it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #2013
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, coming back around - who do you think are the most likely candidates for today?

And can anyone find a vouch for Neon on a night where Sylar has killed?
Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #2014
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Here's the updated list of people who are still alive, green indicates strong confidence that the player in question is not Sylar:

1. Claphamsa - Noah Bennett/HRG (hoops confirms this)
2. hoopsguy - Claire Bennett (claphamsa confirms this)
3. The Jackal - Eden McCain (RendeR confirms this)
5. RendeR - Isaac Mendez (has been seen in a trance, very late to reveal but with good reason)
8. path12 - Adam Monroe (I think all we have here is Ted's attack. Has admitted to escaping a company attack on night 2, but that's no proof of villager-hood)
9. Greyroofoo - Ted (path12 confirmed the attack, didn't RendeR confirm he's not Sylar?)
15. Schmidty - Peter Petrelli (reasonably solid, his discussion agrees with this)
16. Neon Chaos - Lyle Bennett
17. Chief Rum - Matt Parkman (a prior kill confirms the role is present)
21. Mr. Wednesday - Hiro (SnDvls confirmed the role is present)

Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #2015
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Has RendeR vouched path12 yet? Even though I'm not 100% sold on RendeR, a non-Sylar vouch from him seems more or less ironclad to me (if he's Sylar, the vouched person isn't, else RendeR's telling the truth).

Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #2016
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nope - I was hoping he would get Path last night but he picked Jackal instead. Overall, I think RendeR's selections have been very good - minus the two nights he didn't submit an order/vote/whatever.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #2017
The Jackal
Coordinator

hey guys sorry i haven't been around today, catching up with friends.

i'll definitely be around tomorrow morning before the deadline to give my input, but man, this is tough.

thanks for scanning me render, i understand why some people might've thought it was a bad scan, but at least we can focus on the right people now.

neon definitely could be sylar. i haven't gotten any bad vibes off my communication with him, and thus i'm not very suspicious of him, but unfortunately my power doesn't let me rule anyone out so i can't fully clear him even though he did a solid by viewing me on thomkal's death night.

i really don't think render is sylar. so we've got mr w, path, and clap? i need to go back and check those recent posts about when these people were supposedly cleared, i'll take care of that tomorrow. the one that seems fishiest to me just off the top of my head is path because i feel like his only clear was that he offered himself up saying he only had a chance of surviving GRF's attack, but that could have easily been a lie.

it's pretty likely that sylar is the only bad guy left, yes? i suppose there could've been a company conversion but it's seeming like that's not the case. any which way you spin it, it looks like we're in good shape even if we miss him once or twice.

see you all in the morning, i should be around by 12 EST at the latest.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #2018
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure what my availability is going to look like tomorrow ... I'll be around, just not sure exactly when.

If someone can present a case for what Neon has done that should merit trust - something beyond establising PMs - then I'll be willing to change this vote.

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #2019
The Jackal
Coordinator

dola

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure alan nailed all five company members in a row.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #2020
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, FWIW I don't think it was a bad idea to scan you ... I just thought Path was a person who had more overall suspicion as well as being a tougher out if he is a good guy since he can potentially survive a night attack.

Glad to have you cleared. Hopefully we don't need to clear too many more because we end the game on a winning note ASAP.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #2021
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
dola

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure alan nailed all five company members in a row.

Watch this end up as his signature
Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #2022
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, FWIW I don't think it was a bad idea to scan you ... I just thought Path was a person who had more overall suspicion as well as being a tougher out if he is a good guy since he can potentially survive a night attack.

Glad to have you cleared. Hopefully we don't need to clear too many more because we end the game on a winning note ASAP.

I concur about scanning me, because though there were people who might have had a bit more suspicion, there was absolutely no way i could clear myself from being sylar without that scan.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #2023
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think I'd rather go after path12 than Neon_Chaos, but right now, I'm on the block. This vote is obviously subject to change.

VOTE Neon_Chaos

Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 AM   #2024
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If I thought there was more than one bad guy, and that they knew each other, then I would be afraid of a runaway. Since I'm not too concerned about that, though, I can safely vote with my gut. And that's that there are really very few candidates right now except those mentioned, and Neon's at the top of that list.

VOTE NEON CHAOS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #2025
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

FWIW, I have asked people to scan me night after night to prove my innocence, but apparently noone has.

I can certainly see why I'm a target today, but I'm not Sylar. No other choice but to cast my vote with the other guy.

Vote Schmidty
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #2026
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
the one that seems fishiest to me just off the top of my head is path because i feel like his only clear was that he offered himself up saying he only had a chance of surviving GRF's attack, but that could have easily been a lie.

OK, before this gets too much traction, let's get the story straight. I voted for and told Grey to attack me if he wanted to prove his power because I knew I had a chance to survive the attack. He did hit me with his radiation power, and I survived it.

Prior to that, DaddyTorgo (who I argued was bad), admitted to attacking me night 2, when I was picked up and dropped from a great height. DT also happened to have the power to fly, and was bad.

Adam Monroe (to my understanding) has a similar power to the one I have demonstrated. Nobody has challenged my claim to that name.

I have also offered to be lynched as long as we have numbers to overcome that mistake. The mistake would be double because of my chance to survive a night kill by Sylar. However, I'd rather not be lynched because frankly I think I've played a good enough game not to.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #2027
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

On second though, I don't think Schmidty is Sylar either. His role is too prominent to actually have been faked.

I don't have any arguments as to why you should not vote for me. And why shouldn't you? But at least, if I am lynched tonight, that only leaves one man left to be Sylar. I'd rather not be lynched, but if I die, you guys know who to vote for tomorrow.

Unvote Schmidty
Vote Path12
Old 03-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #2028
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
FWIW, I have asked people to scan me night after night to prove my innocence, but apparently noone has.

I can certainly see why I'm a target today, but I'm not Sylar. No other choice but to cast my vote with the other guy.

Vote Schmidty

After everything that has shown me to be good, and the importance of the role, AND the fact that even IF you were to get a majority to vote for me I can use the Duke power, your vote is puzzling and troubling. That makes this much easier:

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #2029
Schmidty
Coordinator

Oops. Guess that'll teach me to read everything before voting.

Well, I still don't know who to vote for because there are multiple "good" targets, but no one that really, really stands out, so I'm just going to leave my vote for now. I don't want to get caught missing a vote again.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:30 AM   #2030
Schmidty
Coordinator

Hello "guest". Or should I say, Neon Chaos???
Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #2031
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Hello "guest". Or should I say, Neon Chaos???

Wasn't me. I'm usually on the Off Topic thread this time of the day.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #2032
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
After everything that has shown me to be good, and the importance of the role, AND the fact that even IF you were to get a majority to vote for me I can use the Duke power, your vote is puzzling and troubling. That makes this much easier:

VOTE NEON CHAOS

Uhm. Didn't the duke get killed by Sylar?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #2033
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Uhm. Didn't the duke get killed by Sylar?

The Duke power was used, and I inherited it.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #2034
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

I announced that the day I got it.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 AM   #2035
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Gotcha.

No chance you can duke this vote away from me and over to Path12?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #2036
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Gotcha.

No chance you can duke this vote away from me and over to Path12?

Heh. I would, but I need to keep all of my cards so I can stay alive.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #2037
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Here's what I think of the remaining players:

RendeR -- I trust the little bastard for a change. I believe his scans are good. That means that hoops, Jackal and Grey are good.

Schmidty -- I was on the fence about him, because what better villain than one with multiple powers? But his reaction to Grey blasting me got me thinking that he's possibly good, I think baddies generally know exactly what is going on in the game. I would like to see him scanned though.

Clapham -- He's learned quickly to measure his posts, wouldn't you say? The thing I like best about Clapham is that he plays the clueless character better than almost anyone, and I think is going to become a really hard wolf to pick out. He's been around the whole game, and I hardly remember a thing he's said. Total unknown at this point except for the fact that you vouch for him as a name, which should mean he's not Sylar.

Chief. I would like Chief to be scanned. I would say after me, but I know I'm good and think I've proved it enough to not be the immediate target. I don't see where the fact he's chatted with RendeR means anything. I remember a game where Anxiety and I were brothers, I vouched for him early based on that, and he was a wolf the whole time.

Mr W I think I've covered. He is playing his usual game of keeping his cards close, but if you've apparently done nothing or nothing that anyone is aware of at night on day 7, I think you either have a way too minor power to keep under your vest or you're a bad guy.

Neon to me is much in the same boat as Chief. Just because he can initiate contact doesn't mean much to me, so he is still a bit of a question mark to me. My gut leans good with him, whatever that's worth.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #2038
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I won't be around for deadline tonight. I would love to finish as a villager, but, If I get lynched (which looks like it's going to happen), Path12 is probably the most likely culprit as Sylar.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #2039
RendeR
Coordinator

My scan of Jackal last night was the result of conditional orders. One choice wasn't available so the next one got scanned. I have Conditional orders in again today so based on the lynch vote and/or any other shinanagins that go on during the day we will find out if another player is 'Not Sylar" again today.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how/why you would still NOT trust me completely? I don't possibly see the logic that has me being Sylar AND still scanning/clearing people?

Sylar doesn't care about the company, he wouldn't need a power that let him find those players and he could sit back and let the rest of us get them anyway, exactly as we have.

So...really? whats the possible case against me?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #2040
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Your RendeR?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #2041
hoopsguy
General Manager

RendeR, the possible case is that Sylar needs to get down to four people, so he can keep clearing people at every turn as we get to that point.

Co-opting the seer role would be a pretty way to gain trust - people are trusted based on your say-so. It would generally discourage people from looking at you.

If I wanted to take it a step further, then I would suggest that there have been five bad guys taken out of this game and you have not identified any of them in your role as seer. But I think that is a pretty bogus argument, as you have correctly identified good guys (based on deaths) and Sylar wouldn't know how to determine factions.

I'm of the strong belief that you are a good guy, that you are exactly who you say you are and not Sylar. If this conclusion is wrong then I'll probably find myself on the losing side of this game because I'll be fighting to keep you alive.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #2042
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Your RendeR?

I'm not sure why this would cause suspicion, I have yet to survive to the end of a single game of WW that i've played =)
Old 03-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #2043
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Updated vote count, lemme know if anything is inaccurate. Over 2000 posts, WOO!

Neon Chaos (4): hoopsguy (2018), Mr. Wednesday (2023), Chief Rum (2024), Schmidty (2028)

Mr. Wednesday (2): Path12 (1990), RendeR (1995)

Schmidty (1): claphamsa (1963)

Path12 (1): Neon Chaos (2027)

Not voting (2): Jackal, GRF
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #2044
RendeR
Coordinator

UNVOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

VOTE NEON CHAOS

BAAaaaaaaaaa
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #2045
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm not sure why this would cause suspicion, I have yet to survive to the end of a single game of WW that i've played =)

Wow, this could turn into your version of my "never lynched as a villager" streak. Seriously, I'm surprised that this hasn't happened for you yet. I don't know what the statistics are for people doing this, but I'm guessing it is somewhere around 15-20% for being alive on the winning team.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #2046
RendeR
Coordinator

Its my winning personality
Old 03-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #2047
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I was worried that I wouldn't be around much this morning for conversation - doesn't look like there is too much going around.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #2048
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I was worried that I wouldn't be around much this morning for conversation - doesn't look like there is too much going around.

I'll talk. What do you want to talk about????
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #2049
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hows the weather?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #2050
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't wanna talk about it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote