Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #2001
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, I figured it wouldn't be enacted by the player. But I was thinking perhaps Alan does a dice role every night to determine if someone succumbs to their alcohol vice, and that that is what happened to bullet on Day One (or Two, whichever it was). If that can't happen, though, and someone else must be involved as with the other three vices, then that means he was encouraged to drink. So I would wonder who then. And what were those person's intentions? And why has bullet not said anything about that person? Or is it reasoned that getting as drunk as he was, he has forgotten who I spoke to that night?

Ouch, that seems bad. I meant has forgotten who he spoke to that night, before the lynch mob shows up. I did not talk to bullet the first night, as my non-Tired status on the morning of Day Three should show. Sorry for the stupid typo.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #2002
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Another question about vices. Can anyone have more than one? I have just one, but bullet has made some suggestions that makes me think he has more than one. I think we reasoned out that there are some here that have no vices, right? So would it then make sense there might be a few that are susceptible to more than one vice?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #2003
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Another question about vices. Can anyone have more than one? I have just one, but bullet has made some suggestions that makes me think he has more than one. I think we reasoned out that there are some here that have no vices, right? So would it then make sense there might be a few that are susceptible to more than one vice?

I have none so why wouldn't there be people with multiple vices?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #2004
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I thought I should go ahead and explain why I am suspicious of Glengoyne and Path.

Glengoyne - He posts a fair amount but has not been at all insighful in his posts. Basically, I have found his posts haven't been helpful in helping us to find Cowboys. Secondly, the two people he is most "suspicious" of happen to be the two people who were most adament about jailing St. Cronin prior to Chubby's big discovery - Saldana and myself.

path12. He has not posted much. Also, like Glengoyne, what he has posted hasn't been anything useful that might help us find the Cowboys.

Like yesterday for path12 and the last two nights for Glengoyne,

Jail Glengoyne

and if someone is lynched,

Jail path12
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #2005
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Uh yeah, ok...

Let it be known that I'll be looking hard at any players that claim to have no role. There's twice the amount of possible roles vs players that signed up. I find it highly unlikely that there's vanilla villager roles, you're going to have a role even if it sucks.

There are certainly roles with no night actions involved. Mine, for example. I have no gun and no night abilities. I guess if my vice was triggered that might or might not mean something, I have no info as to what might happen in that event.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #2006
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
T

Night period actions:

Many, but not all of the roles have night period actions that are to be submitted to me before the night deadline of 9:00am EST. As everyone needs their rest, any player who spends consecutive nights out will be tagged in the morning as Tired. The only exceptions to the night action penalty is the player with the Sheriff job, or if any player in the game has a special role that allows for un-penalized night movement.

This is in respone to Chubby's post #1997 taken from the rules on page 1.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #2007
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
path12. He has not posted much. Also, like Glengoyne, what he has posted hasn't been anything useful that might help us find the Cowboys.

*shakes head* Does nobody read my posts?

Go ahead and jail me. This is beyond ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #2008
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I thought I should go ahead and explain why I am suspicious of Glengoyne and Path.

Glengoyne - He posts a fair amount but has not been at all insighful in his posts. Basically, I have found his posts haven't been helpful in helping us to find Cowboys. Secondly, the two people he is most "suspicious" of happen to be the two people who were most adament about jailing St. Cronin prior to Chubby's big discovery - Saldana and myself.

Like yesterday for path12 and the last two nights for Glengoyne,

Jail Glengoyne

and if someone is lynched,

Jail path12

Oddly enough, the more you point the finger at me, the harder I look at you. I've posted a list of every individual in the game, and how I felt about them. I think you may be batting .500 with your votes to Jail, but I'm not the Cowboy.

- I pulled together the data on the lynch voting, and it showed that Cronin and I had a similar voting pattern. If I were I cowboy, I don't think I would have done that.
- I was one of GE's first advocates.
- I pulled my vote from Gram once he declared who he was, and what he was up to.
- I've complained bitterly about Saldana's and NtN's selections for the Jailhouse.

I honestly think the Cowboys are on that list of folks voting to lynch proven villagers. They aren't alone, but they are definitely there.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #2009
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
- I've complained bitterly about Saldana's and NtN's selections for the Jailhouse.

Oh yeah...and How many Cowboys have we lynched? I consider Saldana's selection to jail Swaggs to be willful incompetence. I'll say that eventhough he was one of the first to call for Cronin's head.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #2010
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh yeah...and How many Cowboys have we lynched? I consider Saldana's selection to jail Swaggs to be willful incompetence. I'll say that eventhough he was one of the first to call for Cronin's head.

It's not when Swaggs openly asked to be jailed.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #2011
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Saldana had been advocating lynching GE, with or without evidence, just because a "no lynch" was a wolf victory.

Then his lynching didn't go down as planned because Swaggs intervened.

In his opinion we had lost a round to the Cowboys by not lynching. Then he takes an action that would knowingly and absolutely result in the town going yet another day without a lynching.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #2012
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I say that about Saldana, but he really isn't at the top of my list for jail.

I'm suspicious, and I think I have reason to be, but he did call for Cronin's jailing and that ameliorates his position, in my mind.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #2013
hoopsguy
General Manager

The GE day was a disaster, insofar as Swaggs could have saved his power for later if GE had come out earlier saying what his role was. What if Swaggs had his power around for Gramm a couple of days later? Obviously no one tried to mess up there, but it created a situation that didn't need to happen.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #2014
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Could you at least tell us what you do as the singer? I happen to agree with your list of suspects which speaks well of you I think.

I do nothing. I have no night actions. My pm basically said 'you are the singer. you came to tombstone to relax' I am nothing special. I have NO role.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #2015
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I do nothing. I have no night actions. My pm basically said 'you are the singer. you came to tombstone to relax' I am nothing special. I have NO role.

Stop saying that. Your role is "singer".

Sorry, seems like people keep saying that (you're not alone), but you DO have a role. Everyone, I am certain, has a role, no matter what they say.

No, it can be a powerless role, such as perhaps yours is, but it's still role.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #2016
Barkeep49
Coordinator

CR: I honestly believe spleen when he says he has no role. He has an occupation instead.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #2017
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana had been advocating lynching GE, with or without evidence, just because a "no lynch" was a wolf victory.

Then his lynching didn't go down as planned because Swaggs intervened.

In his opinion we had lost a round to the Cowboys by not lynching. Then he takes an action that would knowingly and absolutely result in the town going yet another day without a lynching.

i will say this ONE MORE TIME FOR YOU....WHEN I ARRESTED SWAGGS, IT WAS BECAUSE HE AND SEVERAL OTHERS ASKED ME TO FOR HIS OWN PROTECTION ANDGOLDEN EAGLE, WHO A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALSO STILL WANTED TO LYNCH, WAS STILL IN THE GODDAMN CELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thusly, we still had an easly lynch for the next day until GE let himself out of prison....

i feel like i am playing WW with jbmagic....

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #2018
saldana
Pro Starter

vote lynch LSG
jail hoops
jail glengoyne

lonestar has contributed nothing...she has had two posts that repeat over and over all game....one says to jail the quiet people (even though she is actually more quiet than the people she wants to jail) and the other is to complain about/accuse me, despite the fact that that particular horse has been beaten more than the Raiders secondary.

hoops is just off this game....he has been posting regularly, but there is no substance or insight in anything he has been saying...from my perspective, he is making an appearance to make sure everyone notices that he is here, but all his posts are lacking the usual insight and logical examination that has made him arguable the best player i have ever seen....[b]i watched everything he did in the Star Wars game with a degree of awe, and his behavior in this game looks frighteningly similar[b] (bolded to get peoples attention)

glengoyne....just keeps repeating the same argument over and over again, regardless of how many times it has been rejected by the rest of the village...he seems intent on getting people arrested without using a logical argument to do so.

my .02, sorry for being away from the game so much the last few days...i actually ended up working both days this weekend after 12 hour days on thursday and friday...this week coming up should be better.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #2019
saldana
Pro Starter

and as far as sitting back because your role doesnt have any powers...i am the banker...if i hadnt been made sheriff, i was pure vanilla...i have no powers, no abilities, but i havent just sat back and had nothing to say except "jail saldana, he must be bad because he wanted to lynch goldeneagle"

i also am tired of hearing that.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #2020
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Jail Glen
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #2021
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, let me make sure I understand you here Saldana ...

I'm playing a very similar game to the one I did in Star Wars, which I consider the best game I have ever played BUT I'm lacking insight, logic, and I'm off my game?

I could suggest that you have been off this game, like by putting the Mayor in jail. But I've been of the opinion that you were playing it straight as Sheriff (even if that selection was not intuitive) and, as such, have given you a pretty wide berth. I figure if we are both still around in a few days that I'll have to re-examine that view but with 15 players remaining I want you around as an ally later rather than pushing you towards the door recklessly early in the game.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #2022
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
CR: I honestly believe spleen when he says he has no role. He has an occupation instead.

This is correct.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #2023
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Spleen1015-- No* (suggests he doesn't have a gun in #976)
path12-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1963)
LoneStarGirl-- No (arrested without gun)
Anxiety
Lathum-- Yes (arrested with gun)
ntndeacon-- No* (Anxiety says ntn did not have a gun when he visited him on Night 1 in #1061. ntn has since been sheriff, had a gun, and then been unelected, removing said gun)
Swaggs-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1224)
Barkeep49-- No (arrested without a gun)
Chief Rum-- No (arrested without gun)
Saldana
Racer-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1960)
Hoopsguy-- Yes* (says he has a gun in #1561)
Chubby - Yes (has gun as sheriff, and said he had a gun before that)
bulletsponge-- Yes (shot st. cronin in shootout)
Glengoyne

*-- no game action proof

Okay, above is a list of everyone still left. I went through the thread looking for gun references. Hopefully we can put this to good use.

CONFIRMED GUNS

Lathum, hoops, Chubby (has gun even when not sheriff), bullet

CONFIRMED NO GUNS

LSG, Barkeep, Chief Rum

UNCONFIRMED GUNS

Hoops (but why admit that if he doesn't)

UNCONFIRMED NO GUNS

spleen, path, ntndeacon, Swaggs, Racer

NO INFO RE: GUNS AT ALL

Anxiety, saldana, Glengoyne

Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #2024
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Qubbling about semantics, isn't it? Same difference. Technically, my occupation is a brothel girl. I could say I have no "role". But that's silly, I am and always will be the brothel girl in this game.

spleen, I believe, will always be the mortician in this game. He started it that way and will finish it the same. So that is his role in this game.

There is only one true "occupation" as you guys are talking about it, and that is Sheriff, a separate position from a person's role.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #2025
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I accidentally put hoops as a confirmed and unconfirmed gun, but really, there is little doubt he has a gun if he says he does.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #2026
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darn it, just lost a post with a PC freeze

Shorter version - Chubby, take a look at the people who are claiming not to have guns for the Jail decisions. If someone has claimed not to have a gun, but you arrest them with one I think we have a pretty easy decision on our hands.

I had this thought immediately when NTN suggested the "gun review" strategy, but I didn't want to mention it because I wanted to leave the Cowboys enough rope to hang themselves. Based on the post by Chief, it appears that the vast majority of people have commented on this already.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #2027
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Saldana,

I really didn't intend to harp on the Swaggs issue again. It is something that annoyed me greatly however. Racer brought it up, and I responded to it, perhaps a bit too passionately. That is what the third or fourth post I recently made was all about.

-While I still have suspicions about you, still based on the Swaggs decision. I really don't believe you are the most likely villager to be a cowboy.

-Part of that is that you are pointing the finger at Hoops as well as me.

I strongly suspect Hoops and Path. Hoops slightly moreso than Path.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #2028
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Shorter version - Chubby, take a look at the people who are claiming not to have guns for the Jail decisions. If someone has claimed not to have a gun, but you arrest them with one I think we have a pretty easy decision on our hands.

I had this thought immediately when NTN suggested the "gun review" strategy, but I didn't want to mention it because I wanted to leave the Cowboys enough rope to hang themselves. Based on the post by Chief, it appears that the vast majority of people have commented on this already.

On the gun review. I have a problem with everyone declaring that they have a gun or not. If someone doesn't have a gun, and there is a showdown, they lose automatically. This could be a big problem if the game comes down to the wire. The cowboys, only have to get to half of the population minus one or two, if they know they can eliminate a couple of villagers through showdowns.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #2029
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I've pretty much heard who the people I don't trust think. I'm now more curious what Swaggs, Chubby, CR, and Bullet(darn) have to say.

I'm also interested Anxiety and BK are thinking
Old 10-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #2030
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I like this idea a lot Hoops. I did not realize that a lot had commited themselves or would. but catching them in a lie would certainly be a reason to lynch them.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #2031
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

I like this idea a lot Hoops. I did not realize that a lot had commited themselves or would. but catching them in a lie would certainly be a reason to lynch them.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #2032
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I've got a gun, as stated earlier.

There are a bunch of different ways to work with this information, but are we also putting a target on these people's backs in terms of night actions? I can see pros and cons to taking this approach.

Glen, pretty sure that I stated the same thing at the time it was proposed. I would bold the part I wanted to emphasize, but the whole post pretty much covers your concern and my most recent point about the value behind this approach.

Since people wanted to play along (I had already admitted to having a weapon earlier) I want to try and use the information to our advantage. If you think trying to catch a Cowboy here makes me a Cowboy, so be it.

I've been accused of not posting enough (have most posts in the thread), not playing my style (feels a lot like my style, being accused if I'm not cleared if I live too long), and not doing enough to get us a Cowboy. I think this plan gives us an opportunity to make a very confident jail decision if we do imprison someone who is lying about a weapon. If you don't like it because it doesn't benefit you, tough. I'm pretty much done giving a damn what people who are not cleared think about me in this game.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #2033
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

After looking at the "gun" list, it looks like there are already three people without guns declared. If they are town folk, then the particular problem I described is already an issue.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #2034
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Chief, ihave a target for you to look at tonight. I would turn your feminine charms on Racer to see what you could see.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #2035
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, let me make sure I understand you here Saldana ...

I'm playing a very similar game to the one I did in Star Wars, which I consider the best game I have ever played BUT I'm lacking insight, logic, and I'm off my game?

I could suggest that you have been off this game, like by putting the Mayor in jail. But I've been of the opinion that you were playing it straight as Sheriff (even if that selection was not intuitive) and, as such, have given you a pretty wide berth. I figure if we are both still around in a few days that I'll have to re-examine that view but with 15 players remaining I want you around as an ally later rather than pushing you towards the door recklessly early in the game.

perhaps i should elaborate...you are normally very analytical, and provide a certain degree of direction to the villagers, as exemplified in your exchanges with blade where you play off each others ideas, even if you are the only guys in the thread...there have been countless times where the two of you have run up a page by yourselves countering and parrying each others ideas trying to come up with suspects.

i havent seen anything like that from you in this game, and it has been nagging at me for a few days. of course i realize that blade isnt here to put up his half, but i have seen you do it with others. the only other time i can think of that i didnt see that from you was in Star Wars, where, as in this game, you have yet to give even a hint of direction

the other thing that is striking me as similar is the way you are deflecting everything away from yourself...in Star Wars, you had some really close calls, where suspicion was growing or a specific incident put you in the spotlight...instead of defending yourself, you took the scrutiny as a glancing blow and redirected it onto someone else, resulting in them getting lynched instead of you.

in this game, everytime suspicion has come onto you, instead of trying to reason out why it is unwarranted, you have changed the direction of the conversation, and others seem to simply have been forgotton about why they suspected you in the first place.

i will reiterate that i have absolutely no evidence of you having done anything wrong....this is a total hunch....you just feel very Sith-like to me right now.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #2036
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Someone asked this earlier. Yes you can have more than one vice at a time.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #2037
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
...I think this plan gives us an opportunity to make a very confident jail decision if we do imprison someone who is lying about a weapon. If you don't like it because it doesn't benefit you, tough. I'm pretty much done giving a damn what people who are not cleared think about me in this game.

My like or dislike has nothing to do about benefiting me. As for suspecting you. I think it is fairly obvious that lynch votes don't mean as much in this game where the selection of lynch targets is so limited. At any given time in a normal WW game, I think it is fairly obvious that there are a good number of people that you wouldn't vote to lynch. In this game, if I think the lynch candidate is someone I trust, then it is a big mistake to simply lynch them just to get a lynch. That action would give the cowboys that much more of an edge. What I'm saying is that I don't think lynching a villager that we really don't suspect is a good idea.

I think the idea to jail essentially random people and lynch them is a mistake. I think that is a tactic that will help the Cowboys. I don't think we've made the mistake of not lynching in this game, we've made the mistake of jailing the wrong people.

I think that the voting records we have from the two would be lynches do help. They show people who voted to string up two villagers without any real damning evidence. Perhaps those votes indicate that those people are simply veteran players that are voting to lynch just to further the game. I'll tell you what I'm pretty darn positive they also indicate. They indicate that cowboys voted to lynch town people, and thereby speed up the process of them taking over the town.

That is who I believe should be arrested. I haven't learned to shut my mouth, and that is probably to my detriment in this game.

In my one earlier WW experience, I learned that simple suspicions can be wrong. I was about 50/50 with my suspects. Some of them were cleared by the seer, others were identified when the game was over. The thing we had in that game was a CoT that developed. We haven't been able to get that going here.

As I see it. Swaggs, Chubby, Bullet, and Rum are the folks we are pretty sure are town folk. I'd like for them to make the call. They are or should be, imo, the CoT.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #2038
hoopsguy
General Manager

The biggest problem I'm having with discussion this game is that we are not collecting meaningful information very quickly, but there is a lot of role information being cast around as if it clears people. In that respect it is similar to Spawn, that you want to try and weigh the risk/reward factor in going after someone who likely has an important role.

I think I have tried to have conversations about why suspicion on me is incorrect, although I'm not calling people crazy for suspecting me. I would have liked to have had a more civil conversation with Fouts on the night that he bit it, but I did not feel like it was remotely a two-way exchange of ideas at the time.

I'm up for an extended conversation with anyone who wants to participate in such an activity. Are you volunteering to play the role of Blade, Saldana?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #2039
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

As far as who to lynch this evening. I don't have a feel for either of them. I'd default to LSG, but I'm certainly not confident that she is a Cowboy.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #2040
hoopsguy
General Manager

I disagree with Rum being in a CoT at this point - the other three you are pointing out have demonstrated an action that is distinctly pro-villager. If you want to extend the trust list to people who have given us reason to think they are villagers instead of proving it I would have Anxiety above Chief Rum. Two people witnessed his use of role. In Rum's case, one person viewed it and there were initial questions over intent.

I absolutely endorse the idea of the people who have the most trust leading the conversation. That makes a great deal of sense. But that does not mean that we all sit back and wait for them to save us. With the jail list, both of the previous Sheriffs (Saldana and NTN) have complained about not getting sufficient feedback from their constituents on who to jail.

I don't really like the jail/lynch option that much either because it does really limit our options on a given day. And the second reason is that people are not being particularly forthcoming with information prior to going into jail - I'll include myself in that grouping as I have suggested earlier in the game that I would prefer to go to jail before full disclosure.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #2041
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Plus if you go to Jail, you know you have a day to reverse peoples minds.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #2042
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I don't know why people continue to try and prosecute saldana over honoring my request to be jailed for protection.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #2043
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, the information people are revealing in jail, in many cases, is stuff that could have kept them out of jail in the first place if they had offered it up earlier.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #2044
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Chief, ihave a target for you to look at tonight. I would turn your feminine charms on Racer to see what you could see.

I agree Chief is probably the best person in Tombstone to visit me. However, saying this may have made me vulnerable to being converted by the Cowboys.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #2045
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, the problem that day was that we had only you - who had demonstrated your ability as Mayor - to vote on for lynch. No one wanted to go that direction, but we lost a day where we could have had an option to lynch. It was early in the game, there was a lot of confusion around GE, but honoring your request really put the group in a bad spot on Day 2.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #2046
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen1015-- No* (suggests he doesn't have a gun in #976)
path12-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1963)
LoneStarGirl-- No (arrested without gun)
Anxiety
Lathum-- Yes (arrested with gun)
ntndeacon-- No* (Anxiety says ntn did not have a gun when he visited him on Night 1 in #1061. ntn has since been sheriff, had a gun, and then been unelected, removing said gun)
Swaggs-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1224)
Barkeep49-- No (arrested without a gun)
Chief Rum-- No (arrested without gun)
Saldana
Racer-- No* (says he doesn't have a gun in #1960)
Hoopsguy-- Yes* (says he has a gun in #1561)
Chubby - Yes (has gun as sheriff, and said he had a gun before that)
bulletsponge-- Yes (shot st. cronin in shootout)
Glengoyne

*-- no game action proof

Okay, above is a list of everyone still left. I went through the thread looking for gun references. Hopefully we can put this to good use.

CONFIRMED GUNS

Lathum, hoops, Chubby (has gun even when not sheriff), bullet

CONFIRMED NO GUNS

LSG, Barkeep, Chief Rum

UNCONFIRMED GUNS

Hoops (but why admit that if he doesn't)

UNCONFIRMED NO GUNS

spleen, path, ntndeacon, Swaggs, Racer

NO INFO RE: GUNS AT ALL

Anxiety, saldana, Glengoyne

saldana should be able to confirm that he did not take a gun from me when I was arrested. ntndeacon should be able to confirm that he did not return a gun to me when I left jail.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #2047
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I don't know why people continue to try and prosecute saldana over honoring my request to be jailed for protection.

To be fair it is mainly me who holds that grudge. I do so for the reason that Hoops gives below as well as others. I do think you are clearly a part of the CoT, and even felt like you should be sheriff.

Quote:
Swaggs, the problem that day was that we had only you - who had demonstrated your ability as Mayor - to vote on for lynch. No one wanted to go that direction, but we lost a day where we could have had an option to lynch. It was early in the game, there was a lot of confusion around GE, but honoring your request really put the group in a bad spot on Day 2.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #2048
Swaggs
Coordinator

ntn, can you confirm that you did not return a gun to me when I left jail?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #2049
Swaggs
Coordinator

or do you even get that information?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #2050
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I disagree with Rum being in a CoT at this point - the other three you are pointing out have demonstrated an action that is distinctly pro-villager. If you want to extend the trust list to people who have given us reason to think they are villagers instead of proving it I would have Anxiety above Chief Rum. Two people witnessed his use of role. In Rum's case, one person viewed it and there were initial questions over intent.

I thought that Rum had achieved a greater degree of trust. I'm not sure that Anxiety's role in any way gives an indication that he is town folk or Cowboy. The only reason I have to trust Anxiety is his voting record. I believe Rum has done more than Axiety to indicate an alliegance.