Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #2001
The Jackal
Coordinator

Cap'n, there anyone you specifically want me to heal after security or should I use my own discretion?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #2002
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
BK - can LSG and I research at night?
No.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #2003
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So proud to have his new overalls and tools, clap skips down to the engine room to join in on repairs.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #2004
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Cap'n, there anyone you specifically want me to heal after security or should I use my own discretion?

I would say use your discretion. Path should be able to sleep in the brig again and be healed up tonight. I am hoping bullet will heal you today since I assume you can't heal yourself. So pick whom you think would be the best choice.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #2005
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So proud to have his new overalls and tools, clap skips down to the engine room to join in on repairs.

How cute
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 AM   #2006
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I can skip!

WOOT!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #2007
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

How many AP does it take to skip?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #2008
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

BK can we research right now? I really need something to do...and nobody is giong on a mission anytime soon it looks like
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #2009
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
BK can we research right now? I really need something to do...and nobody is giong on a mission anytime soon it looks like

If you research now, then you won't be able to go on the away team that we need you for today... We actually really need you and packerfanatic today for these missions which is the reason why I pushed for packer to not be lynched yesterday..
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #2010
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes you can research now.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #2011
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

oh, got it Alant, one or the other... so we can research after we lift off. That works for me

do we have to wait on telle and co to get online to mission?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #2012
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
How many AP does it take to skip?
Check your PMs. Not everyone has the skipping ability and I don't want to divulge that info publicly.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #2013
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
u need a hobby

It looks as if he's found one.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #2014
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
oh, got it Alant, one or the other... so we can research after we lift off. That works for me

do we have to wait on telle and co to get online to mission?

Yeah, Telle and Hoops have to put in their order to lead an away team for which they will choose whom they want to go with them. Once they put that in, you'll automatically go out with them on the mission.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #2015
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
u need a hobby

Claph, those songs take a good three minutes of my life to create!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #2016
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I was trying to not butt my nose into another one of Path's decisions.. but my thought on this is with Hoops being needed to lead an away team today, that we don't scan him and instead scan Marc Vaughn (as having each doctor scan the other early on might be important).. That way we can include Marc in the brig tonight too and protect him... but like I said I kind of wanted to keep my nose out of Path's decision for a second day

I do not want to scan anyone who is going out later because it will invalidate the scan with the chance of infection. My choice would be to either scan after the mission or scan somebody else.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #2017
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
SO what was schmidty's results on me? beyond of course still being alive so I'm obviously not a full blown spawn?

Orders going in for the day.

Did you get no PM at all about the whole thing?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #2018
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Did you get no PM at all about the whole thing?

I didn't get one when you scanned me. I believe only you get one, so in this case we have to wait for Schmidty to get online.. but the fact Render and Schmidty didn't blow up is probably a good sign,
Old 07-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #2019
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't get one when you scanned me. I believe only you get one, so in this case we have to wait for Schmidty to get online.. but the fact Render and Schmidty didn't blow up is probably a good sign,

Cool, I wasn't sure if you got one or not. I guess that does sound like the duplicant then, but we'll wait for Schmidty.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #2020
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ill wait for the away missions before I use my heal for the day - I'm off for the train. I'll try to keep up as best I can and Ill make sure to get a vote in before my poker game.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #2021
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Hoops danced all around this in complex ways yesterday.

This is complete bull.

I'll make it easy for you - you post the statement you want me to say for an empath and I'll say it.

Still a long way from caught up, so this may not apply, but this argument is so wrong I felt compelled to post/cross-post/whatever.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #2022
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Here Schmidty...midty...midty....Here Schmidty...midty...midty...
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #2023
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

DON'T!!!

Quote:
Away Teams
Each day all officers and the Slave Master may lead an away team and there may be more than 1 away team each day (The Slave Master may only lead an away team made up completely of slaves). A crew member, if asked, must go on away team if they have the action points to do so.
Quote:
Scientist (1 AP per cycle)

In addition, please stop talking about how you can't do anything. You can help discuss matters and be a part of the process. All I can do is train 1 person per day, but it's important. You go on away missions and increase their odds, it's very important.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #2024
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

Perhaps PackerFanatic before he goes on an away mission.

Full list of Wounded:
Path12 - sleeping well in the brig
Jackal
PackerFanatic
Chubby
Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #2025
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
This is complete bull.

I'll make it easy for you - you post the statement you want me to say for an empath and I'll say it.

Still a long way from caught up, so this may not apply, but this argument is so wrong I felt compelled to post/cross-post/whatever.

You're just catching up obviously so you might come to the same conclusion.. If you really want to work with the empath, you should just in the course of normal conversation word things in a way that it is not forced or compelled.. or if you have already done so, just quote it for him to find easier.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #2026
KWhit
Coordinator

Telle or Hoops -

One of you guys can take a scientist and 3 slaves (my recommendation) and go out on a mining mission.

Still waiting on BK to say that I've completed the planning for the next missions.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #2027
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
DON'T!!!

In addition, please stop talking about how you can't do anything. You can help discuss matters and be a part of the process. All I can do is train 1 person per day, but it's important. You go on away missions and increase their odds, it's very important.

yes but I can't go on missions until the people in charge of missions actually get online and request I go with them... so I cannot do anything until I am asked to do so. you can train who you want when you want
Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #2028
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
This is complete bull.

Call it what you want and maybe it wasn't 'complex', but here's the conversation of posts I was referring to for everyone to decide for themselves:

Quote:
Last thought of the night - if there is an empath in the game they may be able to go after one of me, Telle, or RendeR tomorrow.

I've got the most posts out of the three of us, so perhaps it is worth considering that as an option instead of scanning me. But if people want to dredge through posts by the three of us, that might give a way to vouch for one person and semi-vouch for another, rather than leaving us in a guessing game between two candidates.

Obviously we can re-evaluate this in the context of the morning news, but I figure this might be a viable strategy that has yet to be discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I'd actually be pretty cool with the empath option, mainly because I don't want hoops the potential spawn eating our seer. But I'm also content to trust path's instincts on this one.

Quote:
Heh, I almost posted "so I don't take out the seer when he scans me as spawn" in my post there, but then decided someone wouldn't have their sarcasm meters on and it would be more trouble than it was worth. So thanks for opening the door for me to actually post it now.

Also, if the empath wants to scan that statement to show that I'm lying when I say that I'll potentially take out the seer when scanned (I would not, villagers don't hurt the seer when scanned, duh) that would be A-OK with me (if allowed, of course).
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #2029
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
yes but I can't go on missions until the people in charge of missions actually get online and request I go with them... so I cannot do anything until I am asked to do so. you can train who you want when you want

You don't have to PM anything to go on the away mission they'll just take you.

Seriously, the detective work in this game is more important than many of our abilities.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #2030
hoopsguy
General Manager

"If I am scanned by Path today, either before or after my away trip, he will survive the experience"

Does that work? It allows for the possibility that I could be infected on the away trip but pretty clearly states that I'm not spawn without using the magic words "I am not spawn"
Old 07-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #2031
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
You don't have to PM anything to go on the away mission they'll just take you.

Seriously, the detective work in this game is more important than many of our abilities.

A pm was never mentioned... I know how the missions work, but you implied that I had a lot to contribute when in fact I really dont have anything to contribute until I am asked to go on a mission.

And ask anybody who has played with me previously, my detective work is not so hot
Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #2032
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mccollins, I have a ton of posts in this game. I've been accused of both claiming I'm a villager too much (heinz) and of avoiding the topic of being spawn (you). I'm guessing there would be ample opportunities for someone to find something good in my posts.

If I was afraid of the empath, I probably would not have suggested it as a strategy for today. No one else had for the first 1700 or so posts, so why would I (as a spawn) have any incentive to nudge the villagers in that direction?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #2033
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
A bevvy of post-breakfast activity commences. First Tyrith, Purdue, & heinz all being work on repairing the engines. At the same time, mccollins asks Marc Vaughn to accompany him for some training.

Cool

Happy to be trained
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #2034
path12
Coordinator

As for statements by me I really need to work today so I can't go back and search right now, but I know I've made comments stating my role earlier in the game. I also believe that there have been no spawn spending the night in the brig through last night. That might work.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #2035
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm OK with leading an away mission, if that is what is best for our group today.

Alan, if your PM told you that you trust your officers, then why are you pushing to have two of them exposed to the spawn today?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #2036
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mccollins, I have a ton of posts in this game. I've been accused of both claiming I'm a villager too much (heinz) and of avoiding the topic of being spawn (you). I'm guessing there would be ample opportunities for someone to find something good in my posts.

If I was afraid of the empath, I probably would not have suggested it as a strategy for today. No one else had for the first 1700 or so posts, so why would I (as a spawn) have any incentive to nudge the villagers in that direction?

Hoops, due to your near lynch yesterday, you shared your trust/distrust list. How has it changed in light of those of us that did/did not vote for you and given everything you've just caught up on?

The only reason I ask is that you put out a fairly extensive list compared to the basic feelings that others threw out or hinted at.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #2037
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm OK with leading an away mission, if that is what is best for our group today.

Alan, if your PM told you that you trust your officers, then why are you pushing to have two of them exposed to the spawn today?

I think he clarifies later and said that it points to one officer but I may be wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #2038
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
A pm was never mentioned... I know how the missions work, but you implied that I had a lot to contribute when in fact I really dont have anything to contribute until I am asked to go on a mission.

And ask anybody who has played with me previously, my detective work is not so hot

LSG can be rather impatient. I love that about her.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #2039
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
hoopsguy
Heh, I almost posted "so I don't take out the seer when he scans me as spawn" in my post there, but then decided someone wouldn't have their sarcasm meters on and it would be more trouble than it was worth. So thanks for opening the door for me to actually post it now.

Also, if the empath wants to scan that statement to show that I'm lying when I say that I'll potentially take out the seer when scanned (I would not, villagers don't hurt the seer when scanned, duh) that would be A-OK with me (if allowed, of course).

No point scanning that statement as it proves only whether you believed peoples sarcasm meters were set high or not ... nothing else.

(which in itself makes me suspicious of you ... or is that paranoid? )
Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #2040
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I was "lurking around various parts of the ship through-out the night." while following another player.

I don't know of any reason that person should have been in a position to be moving about various parts of the ship, but I'll start looking at private roles to see if something matches up with it.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #2041
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You might not have caught up to it, but there was further discussion later regarding that where I clarified my PM stated (paraphrasing here), that I feel trust from someone among the officers... Thats it though, so don't know who. It might be kwhit or render which doesn't help me much since I already believe they are ok.. or it might be you or Telle which would help me more.. I said I didn't really want to see a lynch of any of the officers today (but of course I dont want to see a lynch at all today) because of it..

That is completely seperate from the away mission.. We -have- to have the away missions.. and officers have to lead them. I had hoped our second ensign would be trained by now to lead the second team, but he wasn't.. So I hope you are up to the task today.

If/when you do come up good from the empath or doctors or whatnot, I am sure we will find your interrogation invaluable once we get into space
Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #2042
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I think he clarifies later and said that it points to one officer but I may be wrong.

That's right.

It sounds to me like an absolute trust type of message - and from Alan's post earlier, that would indicate that one of the officers is in the trust with him.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #2043
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
No point scanning that statement as it proves only whether you believed peoples sarcasm meters were set high or not ... nothing else.

(which in itself makes me suspicious of you ... or is that paranoid? )

Check Post #1920 and see if that works for you. No mentions of sarcasm meters to be found.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #2044
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
LSG can be rather impatient. I love that about her.

Path is one of my favorites
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #2045
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I was trying to not butt my nose into another one of Path's decisions.. but my thought on this is with Hoops being needed to lead an away team today, that we don't scan him and instead scan Marc Vaughn (as having each doctor scan the other early on might be important).. That way we can include Marc in the brig tonight too and protect him... but like I said I kind of wanted to keep my nose out of Path's decision for a second day

I like the idea of being nice and protected ... so count me in for being scanned if possible.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #2046
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Check Post #1920 and see if that works for you. No mentions of sarcasm meters to be found.

Just being paranoid - but if you're both spawn wouldn't you both survive anyway?

(bear in mind that I'm a newbie to this game and the overlying tone of paranoia in it is having me rotating wildly in circles)
Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #2047
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
"If I am scanned by Path today, either before or after my away trip, he will survive the experience"

Does that work? It allows for the possibility that I could be infected on the away trip but pretty clearly states that I'm not spawn without using the magic words "I am not spawn"

Actually, I'd rather these checks happen during the night phase so we can see if people are the Unaware Spawn or not.

Quote:

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.

So the only real way to clear someone is to have them make a statement during the night phase and test it then.

Is that possible?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #2048
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Just being paranoid - but if you're both spawn wouldn't you both survive anyway?

(bear in mind that I'm a newbie to this game and the overlying tone of paranoia in it is having me rotating wildly in circles)

I can't speak to that - I have no idea if Path is or is not a Spawn.

You can test that as well - if I am a Spawn then I would likely have knowledge of the Spawn. Almost certainly if I was a starting spawn, since the Spawn Council know of each other (right?). I personally think the statement I gave you is the best one, but it is your call. I'm sure I'll inadvertantly throw other stuff out as I'm making arguments.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #2049
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not sure how that would work. Let's say that you're clean now but you go out on the away trip and are infected. How would the result of MV 's empathing this statement come back? True? False?

What if he did it later after you were infected. Would it show false? Or would it be true because you believed it to be true at the time?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #2050
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm a little concerned about going on an away mission and then being cleared by the Empath. I'll do what is good for the team, but if I go on the away mission and then am scanned by a doctor then I 100% get to stay on the human side. If I go on the away mission and then am scanned by the empath then I could be a spawnling, believe it when I say I'm human (because I wouldn't know) and end up biting us later in the game based on perceived trust.