Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #20051
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
To be honest, habanero pretty much overpowers anything it is mixed with. I have a friend who grows ghost peppers and a bunch of other stuff though.

You can get some sauces that have a really, really light habenero, where you get the flavor and enough heat that if you stop eating it for a few minutes the burn goes away and you don't keep paying for it. Otherwise, I totally agree with you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #20052
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I did something at TopGolf last year called the "Screaming Pig Challenge". You had to eat a 3/4 pound pulled pork sandwich, covered in hot sauce, within 10 minutes, and once you finished the sandwich, you had to drink a shot of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Then, after that, you had a 5 minute burn-in period where you couldn't eat or drink anything.

Well, silly me, I thought the sauce was Frank's Red Hot. No problem at all. First clue something was up was when they made me sign a release form, and handed me a pair of latex gloves. Second clue was when it seemed everyone that worked there came over to watch me attempt the challenge. They brought the sandwich out and I started. First bite wasn't bad at all. It was a bit warm, had a good flavor, then SWEET MOTHER OF BABY JEEBUS!!!! I thought I felt pain when I put the bit of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce on the chicken breast a couple of years back, which was chronicled on this forum as well. The Top Golf rep said the sauce was ghost pepper extract oil. My boss was there, and said my yearly review would be impacted on my performance tackling the challenge. So I hunkered down, and just powered through the sandwich. It took me about 5 minutes to finish it. I then downed the shot of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. It was like having a snow cone on a 100 degree day.

Now the 5 minute burn in period started. Nothing taken to try and soothe the burn. Cruelly they brought out two glasses of milk and several popsicles to taunt me. I figured it had to be close to the 5 minute mark, but I was only 45 seconds in. So I got up, and started hitting golf balls (it was at Top Golf after all). I was sweating so much that the club slipped out of my hand several times. Finally, the 5 minute mark hit, and I got a big round of applause from the 30 or so folks that gathered around to watch. I quickly downed the milk, and unabashedly sucked on the popsicles.

My boss asked what I got for completing the challenge, and the staff replied that I got the meal for free, a commemorative t-shirt, and $40 worth of free play. He said I was even stupider than I looked.

The rest of the day, I had a Fukushima developing in my lower torso. It wasn't bad, but there was a definite warmth emanating from my abdomen. It wasn't until around 9pm that night that all hell broke loose. I was at my boss' house, and his parents were there as well. I excused myself and left, sparing them the horror that was to be my next few hours.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #20053
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I did something at TopGolf last year called the "Screaming Pig Challenge". You had to eat a 3/4 pound pulled pork sandwich, covered in hot sauce, within 10 minutes, and once you finished the sandwich, you had to drink a shot of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Then, after that, you had a 5 minute burn-in period where you couldn't eat or drink anything.

Well, silly me, I thought the sauce was Frank's Red Hot. No problem at all. First clue something was up was when they made me sign a release form, and handed me a pair of latex gloves. Second clue was when it seemed everyone that worked there came over to watch me attempt the challenge. They brought the sandwich out and I started. First bite wasn't bad at all. It was a bit warm, had a good flavor, then SWEET MOTHER OF BABY JEEBUS!!!! I thought I felt pain when I put the bit of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce on the chicken breast a couple of years back, which was chronicled on this forum as well. The Top Golf rep said the sauce was ghost pepper extract oil. My boss was there, and said my yearly review would be impacted on my performance tackling the challenge. So I hunkered down, and just powered through the sandwich. It took me about 5 minutes to finish it. I then downed the shot of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. It was like having a snow cone on a 100 degree day.

Now the 5 minute burn in period started. Nothing taken to try and soothe the burn. Cruelly they brought out two glasses of milk and several popsicles to taunt me. I figured it had to be close to the 5 minute mark, but I was only 45 seconds in. So I got up, and started hitting golf balls (it was at Top Golf after all). I was sweating so much that the club slipped out of my hand several times. Finally, the 5 minute mark hit, and I got a big round of applause from the 30 or so folks that gathered around to watch. I quickly downed the milk, and unabashedly sucked on the popsicles.

My boss asked what I got for completing the challenge, and the staff replied that I got the meal for free, a commemorative t-shirt, and $40 worth of free play. He said I was even stupider than I looked.

The rest of the day, I had a Fukushima developing in my lower torso. It wasn't bad, but there was a definite warmth emanating from my abdomen. It wasn't until around 9pm that night that all hell broke loose. I was at my boss' house, and his parents were there as well. I excused myself and left, sparing them the horror that was to be my next few hours.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #20054
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

Awesome story.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #20055
Buccaneer
Head Coach

That was a great story, cartman, and fun to read.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #20056
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It's when you stop enjoying it. I love spicy stuff, but anything that's sole purpose is to burn the shit out of you isn't fun to me at all and most of it tastes like shit.

I agree with this. I went to Quaker State Wings a couple of weeks ago. Awesome wings, but some of the hottest sauces tasted like complete shit. Of their 8 hottest sauces, I've had like 6. I just haven't had the two top ones. Why? Because #3 and #4 aren't that great. In fact, Cajun (I think it's 4th) is downright disgusting. When you drop down to #5 or #6 - the Mango Habanero - it is fucking awesome. So while I can do some of the hot sauce stuff, I just don't see the point. I eat to enjoy my food, which means I want the best tasting stuff. That's rarely, if ever, the hottest stuff.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #20057
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

People though have different heat tolerances. The ones you thought were awesome may be really mild for other people and thus not worth it. I mean, Vindaloo is good and spicy for Indians, and while it may really burn the mouths of Westerners not used to the spice, dulling that spice may make it dull to Indians.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #20058
finketr
College Prospect

same thing with Thai hot foods.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #20059
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I find I can deal with Thai more than Mexican in terms of heat.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #20060
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Old 01-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #20061
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25975251?rln=42

Last edited by cartman : 01-31-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #20062
QuikSand
lolzcat

Fourteen posts until we get a fucking image. Fourteen.

Good heavens, people.

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #20063
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I've never loved QS more than I do now.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #20064
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Oh my.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #20065
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh I miss those pics.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #20066
cartman
Death Herald

Two consecutive posts with pics of giant boulders
Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #20067
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This page needs more animated gifs of people throwing dogs out of moving vehicles on the freeway.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-31-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #20068
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:

God's going to have a tough time picking up that split.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 PM   #20069
cartman
Death Herald

Old 02-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #20070
Kodos
Resident Alien

This is from a 1978 storm in Rochester, New York. I've hated winter and snow since early childhood. I'm the shorter one.

The snow mountain at the center of the circle was great fun though!

Last edited by Kodos : 02-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #20071
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:

The boulder came to rest near a rock that had been dislodged many years previously.

A second boulder stopped just short of the house itself.

The rock almost crushed a car parked by the house.

The first boulder rolled right through the barn and courtyard.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #20072
britrock88
Pro Starter

Spectacular. Wonder if the farmer will get the hint...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #20073
chinaski
College Prospect

Awesome Star Wars/NFL mashup helmets.

Fanart of the Day: All 32 NFL Teams Crossed With Star Wars - Cheezburger
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #20074
TRO
College Prospect

OK, I want an FOF league with that set up now.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #20075
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #20076
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Last edited by NobodyHere : 02-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #20077
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 02-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #20078
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #20079
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #20080
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #20081
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #20082
cartman
Death Herald

Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #20083
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

After I saw a picture of her without makeup...ruined for life.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #20084
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
After I saw a picture of her without makeup...ruined for life.

She has a face?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #20085
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I liked that Julie Bowen had an old hair style in this photo, very reminiscent of her look in "Happy Gilmore."
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #20086
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Haven't been able to stop watching this...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #20087
cuervo72
Head Coach

(I didn't get all of the photo references - assuming they were all homages - but that one I did.)
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #20088
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Oooooooh!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #20089
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
She has a face?

Exactly.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #20090
Suicane75
Coordinator

Bowen looks absolutely gorgeous in that picture.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #20091
Scarecrow
College Prospect

25 years later...

Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #20092
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

RIP Andre
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #20093
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post

Dang, I really hate that I totally nerded out looking at these - because they were pretty awesome. But I couldn't help but think the "Greedos" and "Yodas" don't belong. Who names their team after 1 dude ?

I guess .. maybe ... Yoda. He was kind of a legend, and we can't use his entire race as the name (no one knows it).

But, the Greedo one is ridiculous. I get that he was widely popular, but in that universe, he was kind of a tool, and just a Bounty Hunter (a bad one at that). No way would he get a team named after him. Maybe the Rodians (their faces do look cool), but even the race isn't that important.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #20094
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Spoiler

Should be the required uniform/outfit, for womens curling.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #20095
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Dang, I really hate that I totally nerded out looking at these - because they were pretty awesome. But I couldn't help but think the "Greedos" and "Yodas" don't belong. Who names their team after 1 dude ?

I guess .. maybe ... Yoda. He was kind of a legend, and we can't use his entire race as the name (no one knows it).

But, the Greedo one is ridiculous. I get that he was widely popular, but in that universe, he was kind of a tool, and just a Bounty Hunter (a bad one at that). No way would he get a team named after him. Maybe the Rodians (their faces do look cool), but even the race isn't that important.

Dude, they made one for the ewoks.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #20096
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They should have done something with Han Solo or the Falcon. Agreed that the Greedo one is by far the worst.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #20097
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-
Someone made this into a FOF7 set, right?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #20098
molson
General Manager

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #20099
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Leonid Rogozov, the only surgeon on an Antarctic expedition, performing surgery on himself after suffering from appendicitis. April 30, 1961

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #20100
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Leonid Rogozov, the only surgeon on an Antarctic expedition, performing surgery on himself after suffering from appendicitis. April 30, 1961

That's gotta hurt!