Interesting.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #1952
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic
I am Michael, I am just like you guys.

So, Michael or a simple survivor?

Without giving much away, I would suggest you clarify and, if you are Michael, share what you know.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #1953
Schmidty
Coordinator

PackerFanatic is looking really bad to me, although if he isn't Michael, wouldn't the real one call him out on it, since it would be obvious that he is an Other?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:34 PM   #1954
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
So, Michael or a simple survivor?

Without giving much away, I would suggest you clarify and, if you are Michael, share what you know.
So far all "simple survivors" have not been named. So I'm not buying this much. The amount of roles in this game are less than the amount of characters on the show. So it is likely that Michael is not even a "role" in this game.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC
Old 02-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #1955
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
PackerFanatic is looking really bad to me, although if he isn't Michael, wouldn't the real one call him out on it, since it would be obvious that he is an Other?

What kind of powers might Michael have? In my limited knowledge all I know is that he's Walt's dad, and that he helped build the raft.

I've been looking over Desnudo's vote list and was wondering if anyone else finds strange the voting for Celeval and Saldana -- day 1 they both voted Alan (when there wasn't really much movement that way). Seems to me that could be positioning against later suspicion......then they both voted survivors or suspected survivors depending on your view on Desnudo.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #1956
Celeval
Pro Starter

Jumping on to catch up before heading to dinner, will be back before vote time.

I voted for Alan on Day 1 because I didn't have a feel for anyone, and didn't want my vote to be a deciding factor on the first day of my first game. Plus, I've known Alan for a while, outside of FOFC as well; so felt comfortable that voting for him wouldn't tick him off.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #1957
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
What kind of powers might Michael have? In my limited knowledge all I know is that he's Walt's dad, and that he helped build the raft.

I've been looking over Desnudo's vote list and was wondering if anyone else finds strange the voting for Celeval and Saldana -- day 1 they both voted Alan (when there wasn't really much movement that way). Seems to me that could be positioning against later suspicion......then they both voted survivors or suspected survivors depending on your view on Desnudo.

I am not sure what the in-game skills could be, but on the show he has building, artistic, and some computer skills. Another thought could be that he is partnered with a Walt role somehow.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #1958
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am Michael and sadly, I don't know anything. I would share anything I knew with you guys.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #1959
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If any of you know someone that would like to take Spleen's spot, please let me know. We've currently exhausted our alternates list.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #1960
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
If any of you know someone that would like to take Spleen's spot, please let me know. We've currently exhausted our alternates list.

I will!!

In other thoughts, am I the only person who hasnt seen this show but is now thinking about watching an episode or two just to put all these names to actors?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #1961
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So far all "simple survivors" have not been named. So I'm not buying this much. The amount of roles in this game are less than the amount of characters on the show. So it is likely that Michael is not even a "role" in this game.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC
With my trust in Penny now pretty much solidified, I can only conclude that 100% survivors voted for you on day 1. With no other votes on you, I also conclude that you are an other.

VOTE KINGFC22
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #1962
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you rent one dvd, you will end up watching them all.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #1963
Desmond
Banned

Quote:
I am not sure what the in-game skills could be, but on the show he has building, artistic, and some computer skills. Another thought could be that he is partnered with a Walt role somehow.

Is it possible that Blade is Walt since he's gone missing? It would mean that maybe he had some sort of "vision" abilities, but isn't that the seer?
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #1964
Desmond
Banned

Im gonna be on all evening, but right now i guess i'd cast my

Vote kingfc22
Old 02-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #1965
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond
Is it possible that Blade is Walt since he's gone missing? It would mean that maybe he had some sort of "vision" abilities, but isn't that the seer?

I thought he said he was the black smoke/security system. Not that I really understand that (or trust anything Blade said at this point).....
Old 02-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #1966
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond

I tend to believe that Blade was the Black Smoke/security system, since he said that he received a PM from Ardent clarifying the terminology. It would probably be against the spirit of the game to lie about that.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #1967
path12
Coordinator

Bearcat, I've seen you in the thread quite a bit -- what are your thoughts?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #1968
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Bearcat, I've seen you in the thread quite a bit -- what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are totally random. I'm not sure where to do with my vote tonight, but Packerfanatic coming out that quickly with his identity with no real reason is raising a red flag. I'm not sure if I would cast a vote for King just yet, I don't trust anyone who is still alive besides Sun (And I only trust him because he has been proven to be a survivor), but I'm not sold on the argument that he is an other just off the first vote.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #1969
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am beginning to lead toward king too...

VOTE KINGFC22
Old 02-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #1970
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And again, to answer bearcat's query, I didn't want to be lumped in with "the quiet folk" That is why I came out saying who I was.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:35 PM   #1971
SnDvls
Pro Starter

it would be intersting to see what would happen if I moved my vote....hmmm
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #1972
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unvote KING
Old 02-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #1973
Raiders Army
Coordinator

crap....too much of a pile on

I'm thinking I need to switch my vote then.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #1974
path12
Coordinator

VOTE SALDANA

I don't like the quick jump to King.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #1975
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone keeping a vote count or did we kill everyone that did that?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #1976
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #1977
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Bush
(Incumbent)

Kerry

Nader
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #1978
path12
Coordinator

BTW, just to explain why Saldana:

1) Voted Alan day 1 with Celeval when Alan not really in danger yet, looks like a good cover your ass vote.
2) Voted mckerney
3) Quieter than I remember from past games
4) Sun doesn't trust him and Sun is my only confirmed survivor except for me.
5) He's always under suspicion!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #1979
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

1) Voted Alan day 1 with Celeval when Alan not really in danger yet, looks like a good cover your ass vote.
2) Voted mckerney

I agree with you and am planning to hold my vote on him. I think that Saldana or King are both as good of choices as anyone at this point.

I am a little disturbed that King isn't lobbying to save himself a little bit more, though.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #1980
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
crap....too much of a pile on

I'm thinking I need to switch my vote then.

?

You are really arousing my suspicion RA.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #1981
saldana
Pro Starter

Path, if you bothered to go back and look at why i voted for Alan on day 1, it was because he PK'ed me last game and i owed him one...anyone that has played a number of these games with me knows that i jokingly hold grudges from game to game (see neverending feud with dubb)

i agree with Schmidty, and have since the very beginning, that once the "simple survivor" line showed up, anyone could stated the same thing. i really dont see the extra significance of it...hell i put that i was a villager checking in, does that mean i am not in the right game? no it just means i used a different phrase.

i am leaving my vote on raiders. he has been on my list for a while. i would love to see someone actually bring evidence forward against me...i love when people just vote with nothing to back them up. (i posted my raiders evidence on day 2, in case anyone cares)

I will be in and out between now and the deadline.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #1982
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

2) Voted mckerney

i was posting my other message and didnt see this one

1) already explained that, my reasoning is as good as anyone who picked a random number. and actually, if you go back to last game's thread, i promised Alan i would be voting for him on day 1, and that was about 6 days before roles for this game went out.
2) already explained this too, I thought blade was full of BS, and his I am all powerful, but couldnt kill Mckerney was a great ploy to cover a wolf for the whole game, plus the "always" logic was stupid, IMO as a reason to vote Desnudo
3) my daughters nanny had a baby on Saturday, and i have had to watch my 19 month old all day, and then work all night, hence less time to post. if you noticed, i always post when i am gonna be around and when i am not. the logic here is great though, i am too quiet, but you have about 20 posts in the whole thread, bearcat has a dozen, and schmidty is is usual nearly silent self. if i were an other, which i am not, do you think i would make such an obvious change in my playing style...thats pretty dumb on my part
4) sun is the only 100% lock as a good guy we have, but i would still like to hear the basis of his suspicions
5) this is the only thing you said that is right, except you left out the part about those suspicions usually being wrong.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #1983
saldana
Pro Starter

double dola, does anyone have a vote count???
Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #1984
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
?

You are really arousing my suspicion RA.
How is that? You don't find it's somewhat of a pile on? I didn't switch my vote, I was just saying...
Old 02-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #1985
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

double

I know you still only had one use for us.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #1986
Desmond
Banned

Man, Im having a hard time computing all of this.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #1987
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I am a little disturbed that King isn't lobbying to save himself a little bit more, though.
What do you want me to say? Everyone is still just following Blade even though he is apparently dead.

He said he had an 80% chance to survive an attack. How would he know that? I've never seen a role given out in a WW game that stated your chance of surviving a night attack.

He also said he got to choose what side he was on. BS, I'm going with the theory that he had no allegiance to either side just like the show and would win if he got it down to a 1:1:1 ratio.

He also made everyone believe that Desnudo was bad, but according to the night report it looks like he was just a "simple survivor".

And how is he so certain in regards to RA? I know I am a survivor and right now I'm leaning more towards penny being one as well over RA.

The reason I voted for Packer today over RA is that every named role so far looks to have had a role and those that were just survivors (hoops/desnudo) had no tie with the TV show. If Packer is really Michael, then I don't think he could have a "simple survivor" role like he claims.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:37 PM   #1988
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
4) sun is the only 100% lock as a good guy we have, but i would still like to hear the basis of his suspicions

relly the same suspicion I had for Alan...a hunch and gut feeling of how you are playing now vs. other games. I know we all have our quiet days and that isn't why I was picking you. I do feel there are better options for today that could clear another survivor though.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:45 PM   #1989
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
relly the same suspicion I had for Alan...a hunch and gut feeling of how you are playing now vs. other games. I know we all have our quiet days and that isn't why I was picking you. I do feel there are better options for today that could clear another survivor though.

Sun, what are your thoughts on Bearcat?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #1990
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I do feel there are better options for today that could clear another survivor though.

WELL THEN VOTE FOR ONE OF THEM!!!

seriously, you have played enough of these with me to hopefully not think i would be dumb enough to do that. i explained why i havent been posting as much this game, which you can choose to believe or not, but other than my less than normal posting numbers, i have done exactly what i always do, try to employ as much logic as possible in my choices, and if you look at my votes and my posts, i have done exactly that....i will also point out that hoops asked me why i switched to Mckerney, and i said then and say again now, that it wasnt so much a vote for mckerney, but a vote for blade, who i did not trust at the time. the only other thing i can say is that i obviously trust you, i have never seen a bad guy duke, so if you have a better option, vote it, because killing me tonight is going to get us nowhere in terms of winning this game.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #1991
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sun, what are your thoughts on Bearcat?

I don't really have a read on him. Hasn't said or done much. I've only played one other WW game w/ him too.

do you have a run down on the players you wish to share?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #1992
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - never mind I have yours
Old 02-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #1993
SnDvls
Pro Starter

something about Celeval doesn't sit right with me as I relook at voting paterns.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #1994
saldana
Pro Starter

dola....NO ONE has a vote count?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #1995
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i was posting my other message and didnt see this one

1) already explained that, my reasoning is as good as anyone who picked a random number. and actually, if you go back to last game's thread, i promised Alan i would be voting for him on day 1, and that was about 6 days before roles for this game went out.
2) already explained this too, I thought blade was full of BS, and his I am all powerful, but couldnt kill Mckerney was a great ploy to cover a wolf for the whole game, plus the "always" logic was stupid, IMO as a reason to vote Desnudo
3) my daughters nanny had a baby on Saturday, and i have had to watch my 19 month old all day, and then work all night, hence less time to post. if you noticed, i always post when i am gonna be around and when i am not. the logic here is great though, i am too quiet, but you have about 20 posts in the whole thread, bearcat has a dozen, and schmidty is is usual nearly silent self. if i were an other, which i am not, do you think i would make such an obvious change in my playing style...thats pretty dumb on my part
5) this is the only thing you said that is right, except you left out the part about those suspicions usually being wrong.

1) I know that you said you were going to, but it's still a fact that Alan was bad and that it would be a good vote to hide behind. Especially since you had telegraphed that way end of last game.
2) I can't counter you here, I wasn't in the game yet and haven't examined that vote too closely.
3) Again, I came in late and tend to be fairly quiet anyway. And I have big suspicions about Bearcat, but nobody else seems to have him on their list
4) Sun answered that.
5) Sometimes, not always.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #1996
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't really have a read on him. Hasn't said or done much. I've only played one other WW game w/ him too.

do you have a run down on the players you wish to share?

I've got so little to go on. I've really noticed a difference coming in late, plus the hidden roles.

The most suspicious to me are Bearcat, Celeval and Saldana, based almost solely on voting patterns (though with only two real votes, one if you discount day 1, it's not real clear). My gut says Schmidty is all right, and I don't know what to think about Raiders and King.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #1997
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The reason I voted for Packer today over RA is that every named role so far looks to have had a role and those that were just survivors (hoops/desnudo) had no tie with the TV show. If Packer is really Michael, then I don't think he could have a "simple survivor" role like he claims.

Unvote Kingfc22

I agree with King on this. Packer put himself smack dab in the middle of my radar today with his earlier posts. Plus, it seems as though all the named players at this point had special abilities, so for Packer to get an actual character's part, but not be given a special ability, I find that pretty fishy.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #1998
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Unvote Kingfc22

I agree with King on this. Packer put himself smack dab in the middle of my radar today with his earlier posts. Plus, it seems as though all the named players at this point had special abilities, so for Packer to get an actual character's part, but not be given a special ability, I find that pretty fishy.

Meant to add Packer to my above post. This whole thing is just weird.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #1999
path12
Coordinator

Gotta go for now -- hope to be back sometime before the vote. I'll leave it where it is for now.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #2000
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Sun, do you have any analysis of the Packer situation? Do you think he slipped up, or did he just make a noob mistake?