Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #1951
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Taz, what task were you on your way to do?

I was going shopping
Thinking of buying a present
but I was stopped from store hopping
by these teenagers seeking a talent

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #1952
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm shocked that people are so non-plussed about our lack of lynching. Hell you all could have made the HUGE mistake of lynching me and that STILL would have been better than this. Let's think about how this went down:

1. Cronin and clap get a bunch of votes.
2. Clap has a run of votes on him
3. The tide turns towards cronin
4. The tide turns towards me
5. We get no lynch

I am as convinced as one can be from voting patterns that either cronin or clap has to be bad. Someone got saved today. I'm just horribly disappointed that at least one villager, if not more, contributed to our lack of lynching.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #1953
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I still think its possible we have normal voting rules, a tie gives us no lynch, and something happened to SY before he could be kicked off the boat.
I was never kicked off the boat. I agreed reluctantly to go with the police to help with their investigations. Who wouldn't be reluctant when on holiday you have to lose a day of activities to answer questions. Especially when the police in a foreign country find no evidence of what you say you saw. A thought occurred to me, did Lathum have the opportunity to tell the Captain? IF he had, it's possible the Police would have been called in then, and the ship delayed at that port instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Now, you're right, we don't know 100% that it's a % based voting thing, but I'm inclined to think it is, since the Day that SY was voted out, he didn't leave immediately as Swaggs did, he had a whole excursion and *then* left the boat. So I see those as two separate events (un-lynched and arrested/gone)

I wasn't arrested either. As to the voting, I never had as many in one go as Scaggs had in his lynching. You last sentence is a good way of seeing things too.
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 PM   #1954
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Never mind, its actually more confusing than I remember, and SY never really did explain what happened. I know I asked him for a detailed explanation at one point, but I don't think he ever responded.
Your being confusing here, and not saying which day your talking about. I have stated where I have been, though it's probably spread out.

Quote:
Did SY actually go on an excursion, though?
Again, which day?

Why would you bring these up again?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #1955
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Right, I was beach frolicing, underwater discovering, and skin baking. Another typically fantastic holiday day, but actionless WW event to report.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #1956
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Psst Sonic...

You are confused. I am the manipulatevely dishonest one, not st.cronin.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #1957
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
He mccollins, did you use this powder burn on your sting? If so, it obviously didn't help. If not, why didn't you? Not accusing actually, just curious.

I'm pretty sure he used it, but his foot was too sore for him to leave the ship today. Probably just a one-day no excursion sort of thing.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #1958
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just so there are no confusion with items being passed as everyone is aware there are a couple of items in this game.. As the rules state any item that is passed is done instantly.. You can't undo a PM to pass an item. For story and decision purposes, you aren't informed of the item being passed until the end of the event phase. You do not actually receive any options to use an item until the PM where you receive it.

I havent read past this yet but doesnt this show that Anxiety lied? He said he passed it right away but it didnt take till the end. Then the Wolves took it? Can someone tell me im wrong?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 PM   #1959
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
I havent read past this yet but doesnt this show that Anxiety lied? He said he passed it right away but it didnt take till the end. Then the Wolves took it? Can someone tell me im wrong?

You're wrong. Even if you pass something right away, the recipient doesn't get it until after deadline. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #1960
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You're wrong. Even if you pass something right away, the recipient doesn't get it until after deadline. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

No. It says it is instant but you are not informed till deadline. Thus if Anxiety sent the sword to claph, he would have technically gotten it that instant but been informed at deadline. Then technically the wolves would never had the chance.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #1961
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

By the way. Pony up boys. I just put the ball in the hole.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #1962
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No. It says it is instant but you are not informed till deadline. Thus if Anxiety sent the sword to claph, he would have technically gotten it that instant but been informed at deadline. Then technically the wolves would never had the chance.

I see what you're saying, but that may be a mechanics issue -- I do think it's strange that the wolves were able to take an item that was passed in the first place -- how would that work, anyway? But I'm not sure who to blame in that scenario (and I'm off to bed now).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #1963
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I think we need to look at this closer, because from what Alan said it looks as if tho the item should have passed. Also I am tired and have work early in the morning, but I do remember Anxiety first claiming that he didnt know what happened then later saying that his PM specifically said they took it. I may be wrong but lets look into this.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #1964
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

I'm with you; it seems like the sword should have been passed instantly and then claph found about about it at deadline.

However, in my case, my PM said I saw Anxiety as I was getting off the boat (which in the storyline would be around the deadline I guess) and slipped him the sword hilt. If the mechanic is that the pass happens around the deadline (in the story), I guess I can see how Anxiety's pass might have gotten messed up.

Nfg, you've obtained and/or passed at least a couple items - what have your experiences been?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:55 PM   #1965
hoopsguy
General Manager

nfg, I had the same thought although it left me suspicious of Clap more than Anxiety. Why call out that you are going to be converted, as well as name the item you are going to pass, as a bad guy?

Now I could see the bad guys getting the item on the pass and Alan integrating this into the death description. That seems more likely to me than the "Anxiety bluffing at refusing the conversion and publishing the item he is going to pass, but not passing it".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #1966
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I'm with you; it seems like the sword should have been passed instantly and then claph found about about it at deadline.

However, in my case, my PM said I saw Anxiety as I was getting off the boat (which in the storyline would be around the deadline I guess) and slipped him the sword hilt. If the mechanic is that the pass happens around the deadline (in the story), I guess I can see how Anxiety's pass might have gotten messed up.

Nfg, you've obtained and/or passed at least a couple items - what have your experiences been?

One...If you were getting off the boat wouldnt that be around when you left for your excursion? Meaning not near the deadline.

Two...neither of mine seem to be near deadline. I recieved a necklace from SY. That happend as we left the boat. I dropped an item in oliegirls purse and that didnt say when.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:55 AM   #1967
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

This is why I voted for clap in post 1549 if you're scoring at home or even if you're by yourself
Alan's clarification is why I unvoted in eighteen fifty eight
I took it to mean the act of passing is final and you cannot get back your wealth
The storyline pass then occurs at the deadline as if it were fate

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #1968
st.cronin
General Manager

Unless I get a pm from Alan stating either "Barkeep is not a member of the underground" or "this player not named Barkeep is a member of the underground" I will be voting for Barkeep tomorrow.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #1969
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Isn't the vote going ahead on Monday? I thought tonight's action was all to do with the activity submit.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #1970
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
Isn't the vote going ahead on Monday? I thought tonight's action was all to do with the activity submit.

Yeah, there's a deadline tonight, after which there will probably be a voting turn. I was speaking about the next turn, and the results of tonights action.

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #1971
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree. As much as cronin and I have been going after each other, it seems Anxiety was caught in a lie. I will probably be voting that way tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #1972
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree. As much as cronin and I have been going after each other, it seems Anxiety was caught in a lie. I will probably be voting that way tomorrow.
I'm agreeing with path's analysis, just to be clear.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #1973
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Further thought. Didn't Anxiety try to pass the sword during decision time? If so couldn't the decision take precedence over the passing? Even if that is true with Anxiety I'm still concerned about the idea that Anxiety is trying to report a crime on a different island than it occurred.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #1974
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm definitely suspicious of Anxiety with you guys, but the fact is that he tried to pass the sword while he was cornered in an alley with the underground. He sent the PM along with his supposed choice to reject their advance, but he wasn't let free until the 10 PM deadline. So, I could see it making sense that he'd have no physical way of transferring the sword to clap if he was cornered in an alley by two thugs the whole day.

Does that make sense?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #1975
The Jackal
Coordinator

Is our voting deadline Sunday at 3 or Monday at 3? I forget.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #1976
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quoted for myself/everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Weekend schedule will be the following:

3pm EST Friday - Turn 5 Voting phase deadline
10pm EST Saturday - Turn 5 Event phase deadline
3pm EST Monday - Turn 6 voting phase deadline.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #1977
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm definitely suspicious of Anxiety with you guys, but the fact is that he tried to pass the sword while he was cornered in an alley with the underground. He sent the PM along with his supposed choice to reject their advance, but he wasn't let free until the 10 PM deadline. So, I could see it making sense that he'd have no physical way of transferring the sword to clap if he was cornered in an alley by two thugs the whole day.

Does that make sense?

It makes sense to me.

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #1978
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm the only one who's died in this game out of 5 turns.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #1979
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

IF Lathum's story is true and the wolves cut the lifeboat and with our numbers still remaining so high, is it possible that rather than hold the boat up, the wolves could sink the boat? I know this might be a big jump, but the pace has bothered me given that it seems like the easy way for us to win is to simply not lynch and wait out the nights that the wolves must have some recourse. At the same token though, there isn't likely anything we could do about it but it is something to keep an eye on.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #1980
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep - why would you vote Anxiety instead of Clap? Do you think NFGs arguments are more compelling than mine when evaluating the two (purported) primary parties involved with the sword?

Also, what analysis of Path's are you agreeing with?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #1981
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I'm the only one who's died in this game out of 5 turns.

You'll be back after someone discovers a voodoo priest and points him in your direction (on another island).
Old 04-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #1982
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
IF Lathum's story is true and the wolves cut the lifeboat and with our numbers still remaining so high, is it possible that rather than hold the boat up, the wolves could sink the boat? I know this might be a big jump, but the pace has bothered me given that it seems like the easy way for us to win is to simply not lynch and wait out the nights that the wolves must have some recourse. At the same token though, there isn't likely anything we could do about it but it is something to keep an eye on.

I never said anything about a lifeboat
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #1983
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Also, what analysis of Path's are you agreeing with?

i don't want to speak for BK but last I checked he agree's with Path that I made up a story about the ropes.

Not sure if he has changed his mind since Alan't last write up somewhat validates my story
Old 04-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #1984
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
because all the ropes that tie the boat to the dock were cut.

Had I not discovered it and fixed it the boat would have floated away and caused major problems.

I would imagine a wolf had to stay on the boat to do this.

Ahhhh, never mind, I read this as lifeboat ropes were cut, not the ropes that hold the whole freakin' boat to the dock. That and I guess I assumed it was lifeboat since I figured chains held the boat. So I guess disregard my previous theory, I'm an idiot.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #1985
st.cronin
General Manager

Thinking about it, I think its somewhat likely that either Anxiety or claphamsa is a wolf. I think its highly improbably that both of them are wolves. I can construct plausible scenarios where either one is a wolf, or where neither are wolves. I don't see one of those scenarios as more plausible than the others, however.

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #1986
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post

my expirence is i passed it as we got off the ship.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #1987
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thinking about it, I think its somewhat likely that either Anxiety or claphamsa is a wolf. I think its highly improbably that both of them are wolves. I can construct plausible scenarios where either one is a wolf, or where neither are wolves. I don't see one of those scenarios as more plausible than the others, however.

im not a wolf.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #1988
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
im not a wolf.

thank god you cleared that up!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #1989
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i don't want to speak for BK but last I checked he agree's with Path that I made up a story about the ropes.

Not sure if he has changed his mind since Alan't last write up somewhat validates my story

Dude. Alan's post doesn't come close to validating your story. That's a huge stretch.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #1990
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
my expirence is i passed it as we got off the ship.....

wait, wait, wait.. you passed what?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #1991
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Dude. Alan's post doesn't come close to validating your story. That's a huge stretch.

I said somewhat.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that the day after all that controversy about the ropes that the write up happend to include a piece about tying the ship to the port when none of the prior write ups mentioned that?

Maybe in another GM's game but Alan amways drops little hints like that
Old 04-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #1992
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline.. I just got back from the movies/dinner a few minutes ago so didn't get alot of time for prepwork. I'll be sending out the PMs over the next 30-45 minutes and will post the results of the event response phase at that point!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #1993
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You return to your ship after the day out and find that there is a feast awaiting you on board. You all take the opportunity to enjoy the fine cooking and drinks! You realize after a while that this was prepared by no crew member, but instead it was cooked up by Lathum instead.. what an excellent chef!

After everyone has finished filling their bellys, it appears to be time to turn in... On a quick glance though it appears that Sonic Youth has once again failed to return to the ship... this time it seems Hoopsguy also neglected to return as well however.

Hopefully both of them enjoyed themselves enough that they didn't make it back... You will have another day in Montego Bay to choose what adventure to go on tommorrow:

Montego Bay:

The recently renovated "Mo' Bay," as the locals call this town, competes with Ocho Rios as the island's most visited resort town. Montego Bay has great bars and restaurants, renowned shopping, and an endless array of leisure activities. And with the friendly hospitality of the Jamaican people, having a great time is always "no problem."

- Stroll down Gloucester Avenue and experience the great shopping and restaurants
- Play a round of golf at the beautiful Wyndham Rose Hall Golf & Beach Resort.
- Explore the island's beaches by swimming, suntanning, snorkeling, diving and horse-back riding.
- Kick back and relax with a local favorite, Red Stripe beer at a nearby Bar.

You are in turn 6 voting phase. Due to extended weekend play, deadline for this turn is MONDAY 3pm EST. Please submit a vote today as well as provide a PM to me with which event that you wish to take part of today.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #1994
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Missed it by that much
now I'm more poor
I hope the next meal we don't go dutch
Or else I'll have to whore

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #1995
st.cronin
General Manager

According to the first page, hoopsguy has been killed, but SY is simply missing.

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #1996
st.cronin
General Manager

I saw Qwikshot at the bar drinking Red Stripe, but don't have anything useful to report.

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #1997
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i was obviously on the ship cooking
Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #1998
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum, was that a choice you made?

knives out
Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #1999
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
i was obviously on the ship cooking

It also means you spend time with knives
to decapitate a passenger or two
or food poisoning that gives me hives
in the gumbo or fish stew

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #2000
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm assuming hoops was a villager. Hoops voted for clap yesterday, and appeared to be most suspicious of clap in his recent posts, unless I'm misreading him. Obviously there's different ways of interpreting this.

knives out