oops, sorry about the caps
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #1952
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I say ardent and ITC.

You're kidding right? It would mean we do the exact same thing that I am upset at the Oz people for. Could one of them have been converted? Possibly.. or possibly not. No idea for sure. Between that tribe's vote today and the two we could vote off tommorrow.. we could eliminate a good number of their likely wolves.

Since the wolves have stepped into action, I think its even more important than before to go with the plan from yesterday.

I strongly object to voting for Ardent and ITC (even if they are shooting the rest of us in the foot). Their time will come later perhaps, but for now I strongly think we stick to the discussion from yesterday.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #1953
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm starting to side with Lathum on this too.
the game took a major change today with the Seer getting killed
and still more info from the past creeping in...it's starting to bother me
as well now.

I'd like to keep Gram & pass out of it as we had an original agreement with them I'd like to honor and they have agreed to everything we've said or done without question and without hiding anything. It seems old Oz (st. C excluded it seems) is still hiding things in the new Howard tribe as well from the posts on the combo. thread.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #1954
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm starting to side with Lathum on this too.
the game took a major change today with the Seer getting killed
and still more info from the past creeping in...it's starting to bother me
as well now.

I'd like to keep Gram & pass out of it as we had an original agreement with them I'd like to honor and they have agreed to everything we've said or done without question and without hiding anything. It seems old Oz (st. C excluded it seems) is still hiding things in the new Howard tribe as well from the posts on the combo. thread.

ugh, thats fine, but we can deal with them later I think. If you choose to remove the Oz people there now, you then give the majority of that team to people who are "likely" wolves. Then any future tribal councils it is most likely pass + gramm end up getting voted out.

The end result: The only people left in that tribe = the people who most likely could be wolves. If everyone else thinks getting rid of Oz there is the way to go then so be it.. but I won't agree with it at all.

As for the puzzle, my final product will be 104 letters out of 120 used.

If someone does better, then thats cool. If no one has anything better, I'll submit mine at the end..

I still think we need to submit kwhit + anxiety as the names today.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #1955
path12
Coordinator

I've got 105.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #1956
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
ugh, thats fine, but we can deal with them later I think. If you choose to remove the Oz people there now, you then give the majority of that team to people who are "likely" wolves. Then any future tribal councils it is most likely pass + gramm end up getting voted out.

The end result: The only people left in that tribe = the people who most likely could be wolves. If everyone else thinks getting rid of Oz there is the way to go then so be it.. but I won't agree with it at all.

As for the puzzle, my final product will be 104 letters out of 120 used.

If someone does better, then thats cool. If no one has anything better, I'll submit mine at the end..

I still think we need to submit kwhit + anxiety as the names today.

go ahead and submit who the majority want Lathum and I are probally just fed up the the BS from earlier in the game and it's leaking in here too, at least that is where I am coming from.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #1957
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I've got 105.

Well if you have 105, you beat me so we can use yours.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #1958
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well if you have 105, you beat me so we can use yours.

I was tied with you, but then saw where I could change open into opine for the extra letter....I'm wondering if you want the words to make sure that we agree they are all valid, or if we think it's best to keep it quiet. I've only got two words that I think would be classified as obscure, but I was able to find both of them in dictionary.com so I think it's good.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #1959
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was tied with you, but then saw where I could change open into opine for the extra letter....I'm wondering if you want the words to make sure that we agree they are all valid, or if we think it's best to keep it quiet. I've only got two words that I think would be classified as obscure, but I was able to find both of them in dictionary.com so I think it's good.

I asked Barkeep about various things related to words. He said no abbreviations, but it sounded like as long as its a real word, is not a proper noun and found in dictionary.com then its valid. I would just hold on to it for now until later on. The only people capable of sneaking it to someone else are wolves and you. So its probably in your personal self interest to not only win this challenge, but also keep others from stealing your answers.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #1960
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

path, on a different subject, who do you think should be our two names to submit to barkeep? Lathum and sndvls both say ITC and ardent. I think kwhit and anxiety. What is your feelings?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #1961
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path, on a different subject, who do you think should be our two names to submit to barkeep? Lathum and sndvls both say ITC and ardent. I think kwhit and anxiety. What is your feelings?

In talking with JE it looks like ITC is coming under a lot of heat in their tribal thread. There seems to be a general consensus that there is a converted wolf in Oz.

My feeling on it is that may well be the case. However, we know there's one in Lupus. I'd probably lean toward the kwhit and anxiety, but I can certainly could see the appeal in tossing in at least one Oz person. The stonewalling and conflicting stories we've gotten from them makes me feel that something important is being hidden, though I have no idea what.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #1962
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In talking with JE it looks like ITC is coming under a lot of heat in their tribal thread. There seems to be a general consensus that there is a converted wolf in Oz.

My feeling on it is that may well be the case. However, we know there's one in Lupus. I'd probably lean toward the kwhit and anxiety, but I can certainly could see the appeal in tossing in at least one Oz person. The stonewalling and conflicting stories we've gotten from them makes me feel that something important is being hidden, though I have no idea what.

I guess thats my main point. Everything else in this game right now is a guess..

Maybe the wolf in howard was ntndeacon or marathoner
maybe the wolf in helsing is pass or gram
maybe there was a conversion
mayber the converted person was a former oz player if there was a conversion
maybe the former oz player who was converted is in the current howard tribe..

Right now some of those seem more likely to be than others of those.. however they are all guesses or maybes. There is one absolute truth right now in this game..

1 of Kwhit, Anxiety or Swaggs is a wolf.

There is really no wiggle room out of that right now to me. My choices for the names are thusly kwhit and Anxiety. Perhaps Swaggs won't like that because of loyalties, but honestly if Swaggs is the villager, he should have even more of a reason to agree with me. I don't see how we can submit any other name than those two tonight.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #1963
path12
Coordinator

I'm out for awhile, should be back for a little bit around 7 Eastern and then I've been barred from the computer for the evening......I'll PM Barkeep with my solution when I get back.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #1964
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

please just confirm in here that you sent in your solution path. If I don't hear that you did, I will send mine in case you dont make it back.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #1965
path12
Coordinator

I haven't yet and don't have time now. I will definitely be back before deadline, I have to process day 1 in the small game.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #1966
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

woops, I just screwed up and outed that path told us they are looking at ITC. For some reason in my head I was thinking pass said it in that thread and not path in this one.

Path drop jon a note to drop it before I have to out him again. I didn't mean to and its best if he doesn't press me on it.

Was just a slip in my thinking process there, but I'll just ignore his question for now unless pressed I guess. I had no intentions to out either of you passing info back and forth.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #1967
st.cronin
General Manager

If there was a conversion (and I guess that there was) it was probably ardent.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #1968
st.cronin
General Manager

Does anybody remember what the two idols were?

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #1969
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

One idol was filled with wolfbane, so would protect the holder from night kills.
The other was a dummy.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #1970
st.cronin
General Manager

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Swaggs say he sent the idol to oz? If he said that, he's lying.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #1971
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Lupus made the collective decision to pass along their idols.

You guessed correctly earlier.

Hope that helps and I hope you are on our side.

I don't know what this means.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #1972
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't know what this means.

My guess is that one of the idols died with blade, and he didnt want to say it as it would give info to the wolves.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #1973
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path drop jon a note to drop it before I have to out him again. I didn't mean to and its best if he doesn't press me on it.

OK, just posted that to JE. I'm going to PM my entry to Barkeep now.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #1974
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Im likely going to head out in a little bit for the night too I think.

Do we even have a consensus for what names? havent really heard much from anyone other than Lathum thinking to vote out all of oz, and sndvls saying for me to just submit the lupus guys I said as he thinks he likely is in the minority.

St.cronin, whats your thoughts?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #1975
st.cronin
General Manager

I've really got no idea, Alan. Jonathan and Pass, maybe?

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #1976
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
My guess is that one of the idols died with blade, and he didnt want to say it as it would give info to the wolves.

That's really pathetic of Blade, unless he was a wolf which I guess is possible.

edited for tone, was too harsh

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 02-14-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #1977
path12
Coordinator

Entry has been posted.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #1978
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm here too.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #1979
path12
Coordinator

If AE spoils this game I will never play in a game with him again. Ever.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #1980
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've really got no idea, Alan. Jonathan and Pass, maybe?

Why wouldn't you want to go after the people who have the best chance or likelihood of being wolves?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #1981
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's really pathetic of Blade, unless he was a wolf which I guess is possible.

I don't know if he was or wasn't a wolf. But we do know after Blade's death there was still a wolf in lupus among Anxiety, Kwhit and Swaggs. I highly doubt there were 2 wolves in Lupus to start.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:08 PM   #1982
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want to go after the people who have the best chance or likelihood of being wolves?

I thought you were looking for alternate strategies.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #1983
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought you were looking for alternate strategies.

Not really. I was looking for who you think should be removed. Then after hearing your response am curious why you feel those are the best.

Either way we need to submit some names to Barkeep soon.. and although I feel my choice is the best, I don't presume to take control and override every else's thoughts with some non-existant power that I don't have.

So far we have:

Alan - Kwhit, Anxiety
Lathum - Ardent, ITC
Sndvls - Ardent, ITC
Path - kwhit, Anxiety
St.cronin - Jonathan, Pass
Swaggs - ?
Mr.W - ?

I propose we just let highest vote getters end up being our choice. In case of a tie, we let random.org decide again I suppose.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #1984
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

When I say in case of a tie, letting random.org decide of course I mean among the people who are tied.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #1985
st.cronin
General Manager

I would go with the numbers we came up with yesterday as to who is most likely to be a wolf. I named JE and pass cause they were being pissy yesterday, and apparently today as well.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #1986
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alan, as much as I enjoyed playing with them, we absolutely have to pick KWhit and Anxiety. You guys probably won't believe me until I am dead or until after the game, but if you guys got the info that said one of us was a wolf, it is one of those two guys.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #1987
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would go with the numbers we came up with yesterday as to who is most likely to be a wolf. I named JE and pass cause they were being pissy yesterday, and apparently today as well.

There have been alot of people bothering me this game, but I'm trying to not let it affect my chance of winning the game right now. So this statement by going with the numbers mean you would go with the highest percentage guys Kwhit and Anxiety?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 PM   #1988
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so if i am understanding st.cronin right and he is saying kwhit and anxiety, then with swaggs, path and me that would be the majority to send in...

Not quite the group of people I expected to agree with me today on this, but so be it. Just trying to stick with whats made us successful so far.. sticking with the majority.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #1989
st.cronin
General Manager

KWhit and Anxiety, I agree.

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 PM   #1990
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, as much as I enjoyed playing with them, we absolutely have to pick KWhit and Anxiety. You guys probably won't believe me until I am dead or until after the game, but if you guys got the info that said one of us was a wolf, it is one of those two guys.

The funny thing is while I was thinking this through.. kwhit and anxiety seemed the best votes for you no matter what.

if a wolf, you know they both are innocent villagers
if a villager, you know one of the two is a wolf.

Either way you win
Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #1991
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not saying whether or not Blade had the idol, but he was blindsided by being chosen by our tribe. He left the board thinking that I was to be voted off, since I had contributed the least that day and he was pissed off by the way I was communicating with them (since I couldn't post in our thread that day--he was disappointed that I didn't have anything better to tell them, after spending so much time trying to get them to figure out what I was talking about). KWhit felt very uncomfortable that Blade had lied about giving the idols away and he and Anxiety steered the vote to Blade in the last ten minutes or so.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #1992
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
The funny thing is while I was thinking this through.. kwhit and anxiety seemed the best votes for you no matter what.

if a wolf, you know they both are innocent villagers
if a villager, you know one of the two is a wolf.

Either way you win

True.

I am not a wolf (in case anyone can check for the truth).

I feel about 75-80% that Anxiety is the wolf among the former Lupus players.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #1993
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not saying whether or not Blade had the idol, but he was blindsided by being chosen by our tribe. He left the board thinking that I was to be voted off, since I had contributed the least that day and he was pissed off by the way I was communicating with them (since I couldn't post in our thread that day--he was disappointed that I didn't have anything better to tell them, after spending so much time trying to get them to figure out what I was talking about). KWhit felt very uncomfortable that Blade had lied about giving the idols away and he and Anxiety steered the vote to Blade in the last ten minutes or so.

What were you trying to tell them, anyway?

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #1994
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
What were you trying to tell them, anyway?

I was trying to communicate to them that I was unable to post in the thread, without having anyone outsider our tribe knowing.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #1995
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I was trying to communicate to them that I was unable to post in the thread, without having anyone outsider our tribe knowing.

lol

that's awesome

knives out
Old 02-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #1996
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'm going to send in PM to Barkeep, that our choices for tommorrow if we win are:

Kwhit and Anxiety

based on majority opinion. (4/6 people picking not counting mr.w)
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #1997
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
lol

that's awesome

Yeah... I didn't think it was that complicated, but apparently is was. That was why I was so disgusted by the time I left and pretty well resigned to being booted.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #1998
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lord... I'm not sure what happened to the other tribe, but things are going crazy out there.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #1999
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lord... I'm not sure what happened to the other tribe, but things are going crazy out there.

Sounds like it is imploding.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #2000
st.cronin
General Manager

I really hope that thread doesn't get deleted, because I think post game it will be fun to read, in a disgusting sort of way.

knives out