Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #1951
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
Shellback Has the status "Unwoundable".

Being the only uninjured member of the mission is the only argument I can see against Dubb. I'm not sure it's enough for me.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #1952
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Being the only uninjured member of the mission is the only argument I can see against Dubb. I'm not sure it's enough for me.

That is a spawn trait.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #1953
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Hey Fouts, have you mentioned your progress in your lab? What's going on?

If I missed it, just let me know.

Nothing yet. It doesn't surprise me though, as I have been dragged off to planetside missions the last 2 days.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #1954
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Dubb

As I said earlier, I think being exhausted and not getting wounded makes him the best candidate.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:06 PM   #1955
Swaggs
Coordinator

Would it be a good idea for CW and SnDvls to be in the brig, with Alan guarding it tonight?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #1956
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
That is a spawn trait.

Yeah, but -- and you guys who went on the mission can answer this better than I -- how odd is it that he wasn't wounded in that battle. Was there some description that makes you think there's no way he couldn't have been hurt, or is it more along the lines of just because the battle was so fierce and everyone else was hurt that you assume he must have been. That's my question in a real long-assed roundabout way.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #1957
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Nothing yet. It doesn't surprise me though, as I have been dragged off to planetside missions the last 2 days.

OK. You mentioned earlier that you had some thoughts you wanted to put out there after the mission. I was curious about those.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #1958
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, everyone throwing votes towards me. What the heck have I done to deserve them? I told you guys that this attack wouldn't work, here is what happened.

When we got in the cave, things started getting really brutal. Schmidty issued an order for retreat, but I had no part of it, insisting that we continue with the mission. The mission could have really used another officer worth a shit as we got to the spawn overlord. I really kicked the shit out of it, but Schmidty issued a final retreat order. As I looked around, I saw that everyone else was injuried, so I stopped attacking the overlord and helped everyone back to the ship. With that said, I'm now 100% sure that the overlord can't withstand annother attack.

As for spawn on the mission, I think we have 2. Schmidty and Talgian. Infact, that ony reason I protected SNDVLS last night, is b/c we are in trouble if Talgian gets to be #1, I've had a bad feeling about him for a while.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #1959
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Vote Dubb

As I said earlier, I think being exhausted and not getting wounded makes him the best candidate.

I'm exhausted b/c I protected SNDVLS last night.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #1960
Swaggs
Coordinator

To me, it seemed significant that he was not hurt. It could be a trick.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #1961
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Would it be a good idea for CW and SnDvls to be in the brig, with Alan guarding it tonight?

Alan does not have any night AP's. Schmidty has to guard the enigine room because nobody else can.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #1962
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Schmidty has to guard the enigine room because nobody else can.

That is if dubb dies today. If not, then either of them could protect the engine room.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #1963
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So, when looking for a spawn today why pick me over Schmidty? DIdn't Schmidty "protect" the engine room last night? And what exactly happened to the engine room last night?

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 07-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #1964
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I'm off to work, don't lynch me. I have the abilites to protect at night, spy at night, and hand out phasers during the day(when Talgian doesn't send me on missions). And I've used them to the best of my abilities to help the team thus far. Think it through.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #1965
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Talgian - what did you send to BK for the mission today?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #1966
Fouts
College Starter

Protected SnDvls? I don't buy it. Plus I haven't seen anything to make me question Talgian. Add in the result of the battle.

Vote Dubb
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #1967
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Sorry guys, my internet is acting shaky, so I'm making this post now, but it may be my last until lynch.

So, unless something changes,

Vote Dubb

Sndvls, my exact wording was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
Title: Away Mission

Type: Overlord

Members: SnDvls, Talgian, Schmidty, Swagg, Dubb.

-Talgian
BK even had to ask me if I was just planning it or sending it out. It was very sparse. Dubb, nothing in my mission report says you stood out as particularly stalwart.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #1968
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry guys, my internet is acting shaky, so I'm making this post now, but it may be my last until lynch.

So, unless something changes,

Vote Dubb

Sndvls, my exact wording was:
BK even had to ask me if I was just planning it or sending it out. It was very sparse. Dubb, nothing in my mission report says you stood out as particularly stalwart.

-Talgian

so what did you do in response to BK?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #1969
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I said I was sending it.

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #1970
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'll go with the flow as I have no other leads...

Vote Dubb
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #1971
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I said I was sending it.

-Talgian

so you didn't plan it?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #1972
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I rather thought I did. If not, it was a miscommunication. BK and I talked verbally, amd I remember his question as, "Are you just planning it now, or also sending it?" To which I responded, "I'm sending it."

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #1973
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I rather thought I did. If not, it was a miscommunication. BK and I talked verbally, amd I remember his question as, "Are you just planning it now, or also sending it?" To which I responded, "I'm sending it."

-Talgian

so is it your thought that you have AP left?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #1974
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
so is it your thought that you have AP left?
No.

Planning an away mission is an AP, going on it is another. That'd be both of mine.

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #1975
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Voting Dubb is silly. There are three secarios I can come up with under which Dubb is a spawn:

1). Dubb was a spawn and still handed us two spawn. This makes so sense. It's not worth sacrifcing two of your own early in the game just to get a few days of good faith.

2). Dubb is a secret spawn and doesn't know that he is a spawn. Do you guys honestly see a guy who doesn't know he's a spawn but still acts it? I certanly don't see those signs.

3). Dubb has been recently converted. This is, I think, what you have to hang your hat on. However, any of us could have been recently converted, and I see no reason to test Dubb when there are more ways Schmidty could be a spawn than Dubb.

Occam's Razor here folks. Who is more likely to be the bad guy - the one who handed us TWO bad guys on a plate or the guy who failed to guard AND wanted to retreat from a mission before it began?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #1976
SnDvls
Pro Starter

15 mins left correct?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #1977
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

45. It's at 10:30 EST, not 10.

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #1978
path12
Coordinator

[quote=Swaggs]It seems like I tried my best, but it was really rough going during the fight. We tried to go after the Overlord, all at once, but I got hurt pretty badly. I am not afraid to admit that I was a little bit scared, as it was an experience unlike any I have ever had, but I kept fighting and fighting until ordered to retreat. I find it hard to fathom how dubb came out of the battle uninjured. My gut tells me that we have little to no chance of ever defeating the Overlord. [\QUOTE]

[quote=SnDvls]It was tough from the get go. Schmidty wanted to stop and pull out, however we as a group decided to forge ahead. It seemed to me that everyone was “trying” but it wasn’t working well. We did reach the Overlord’s lair, but as we all rushed the Overlord I or we felt a great stinging. I heard everyone else struggling too. Instead of turning it into a suicide mission we decided to retreat. Everyone but dubb was injured.[\QUOTE]

[quote=dubb93]When we got in the cave, things started getting really brutal. Schmidty issued an order for retreat, but I had no part of it, insisting that we continue with the mission. The mission could have really used another officer worth a shit as we got to the spawn overlord. I really kicked the shit out of it, but Schmidty issued a final retreat order. As I looked around, I saw that everyone else was injuried, so I stopped attacking the overlord and helped everyone back to the ship. With that said, I'm now 100% sure that the overlord can't withstand annother attack.[\QUOTE]

[quote=Schmidty]Well, from the PM I got, we did a pretty shitty job. Wasting two away missions with nothing to show for it is pretty painful. Hopefully we at least hurt the OL, because it's obvious that we need to concentrate on other routes from now on. At the same time, who knows exactly how damaged the OL is.

Also, I think it's odd that dubb came out unscathed from a battle that, according to my PM, was brutal for us.

Having said all that, I don't know what the hell to do.[\QUOTE]

[quote=Talgian]Well, my PM said it was tough fighting from the get go, but I in particular had an interesting experience.

Someone attacked me. Someone who isn't the overlord (or at least somone who I don't think is the overlord). I also felt that the overlord could have been beaten, but we had to retreat due to mass wounding.

So the real question is who is the traitor amongst us? I don't think it's sndvls. I notice that schmidty never fired his phaser, and that dubb is the only one who wasn't wounded. Strange times.[\QUOTE]

Two of these sound very different to me than the others. I think Schmidty is bad. Do NOT have him guard the engine room if he isn't lynched.

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 07-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #1979
path12
Coordinator

Dammit, messed up the quotes. My bad.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:49 PM   #1980
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
45. It's at 10:30 EST, not 10.

-Talgian

OOC: okay thanks..I have to give my daugher a bath and want to back in case I need to "fix" anything
Old 07-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #1981
path12
Coordinator

By the way, I think Talgian is bad also. I'd switch my vote in a heartbeat if I thought it mattered.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #1982
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
By the way, I think Talgian is bad also. I'd switch my vote in a heartbeat if I thought it mattered.

By the way, I suspect him and have suspected him. He's tomorrow's issue I think, though.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #1983
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
By the way, I think Talgian is bad also.

Yea. Right now my trio of least trust is Talgian, Dubb and Schmidty.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #1984
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unvote Dubb

Vote Schmidty

This is almost as much voting against who Talg voted for as anything. There's evidence for both.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #1985
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
This is almost as much voting against who Talg voted for as anything. There's evidence for both.
I also advocated putting you in the brig with Sndvls. Do you not trust the captain, then?

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #1986
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anyone have a vote count?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #1987
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Even if you don't have your thoughts fully developed on this, I'd like to hear what you're thinking. The Dubb/Schmidty angle seems too obvious to me. We have to think Dubb at least started out good because of giving us TWO spawn (one I could see, two is just ultra ballsy so possible, but I've gotta think unlikely). And as we've talked about the Schmidty angle smells of a frame-up.

That leaves Raiders.

Talgian......ah, Talgian. Has pushed, poked and prodded for the issues he feels to be most important, then, when some mistrust of his motives was thrown out there dialed it way back and is far more passive now. Actions have seemed to be mostly for the good of the crew, with some real odd tangents thrown in. (killing the slaves and whatever that other 'controversy' was a couple days back).

But I'm not sure why you connect the two.

I had them further developed in my head, just didnt go much down the path here because I didnt want to get us away from what I think today should be about. I am fairly confident that either Schmidty or Dubbs is a bad guy.

We need to lynch one of them, we can't have both go unlynched because of apathy or split voting. My reasoning was that there had to be a traitor on the away mission based on what people said. Either Talgian, Dubbs or Schmidty is this traitor. Likewise a spawn had to have been responsible for the engine room damage last night, the only three exhausted people were Dubb, Schmidty and Raiders...

That is why I grouped them as I did.. Dubbs and Schmidty make both groups.. I think one of the two have to be bad... The reason I added the second part was there is a possibility that neither is bad and there is a setup here somewhere. But for that to be possible 1) Talgian had to have lied about his PM and 2) Raiders sabotaged the engines.. neither one of them were in both places, so couldn't have done it all on their own.

That is why I grouped the two as I did.. (also I noted if Dubbs and/or Schmidty are bad it does not necessarily mean Raiders or Talgian are good, but I just don't have a smoking gun any longer to point their way. )
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #1988
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I also advocated putting you in the brig with Sndvls. Do you not trust the captain, then?

-Talgian

Honestly, I think you'da been nuts had you advocated NOT putting me in the brig. I like to think most people have me on the up and up at this point.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #1989
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

For the record, I voted for dubb because I think his being the only person to come out of battle unscathed is more suspicious than Schmidty, who didn't, and because he seemed to be getting more votes anyway.

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #1990
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Honestly, I think you'da been nuts had you advocated NOT putting me in the brig. I like to think most people have me on the up and up at this point.

Do Talgian or Alan have AP left?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #1991
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm even more curious about Dubb now, because the report I received from the away message was much different than the one he is portraying. Did anyone else get anything indicating that we were anywhere close to being able to defeat the Overlord?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #1992
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have AP left. I am planning on using it to promote someone however. Why?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #1993
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm even more curious about Dubb now, because the report I received from the away message was much different than the one he is portraying. Did anyone else get anything indicating that we were anywhere close to being able to defeat the Overlord?

Should say away mission.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #1994
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That happened yesterday too. I'm not sure what to make of it. Anxiety, King and I all had similar messages saying we hurt the Overlord badly and one more attack could do the trick, But Dubb said his mentioned we didnt hurt him at all and any further attacking wouldnt be useful.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #1995
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I don't believe I do between planning the mission and going on it.

Swaggs, my PM says I think we could have overcome the overlord, but we got pulled back because of all the wounded.

-Talgian
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #1996
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sent in a PM to BK. Not saying who I am promoting and to what.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #1997
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am getting thrown off because the evidence seems too great against Dubb with that recount of the mission.

My apparent thought, as we were leaving the cave, was that the Overlord was way too strong and that I felt hopeless about our chances of ever being able to kill it.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #1998
Swaggs
Coordinator

Talgian, did you get the stinging feeling, as well?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #1999
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I have AP left. I am planning on using it to promote someone however. Why?

Want to make sure that I don't get "ordered" to put people in the brig that I don't want to.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #2000
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Talgian, did you get the stinging feeling, as well?
No, I was getting pummeled in the face.

-Talgian