Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow game over?

nah, no way.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #152
bhlloy
Coordinator

Seattle's line is unbelievably bad. I don't think they have a shot with that unit playing like this. It also looks like they are better with Lynch off the field on passing downs at least
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #153
whomario
Pro Starter

Panthers look unstoppable
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #154
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Let's make this 21-0!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #155
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
If I'm looking to bet this weekend, I'm looking at a carnival gamey bet of the Panthers in the first quarter. My guess is that line will be something like -1/2, and I like the Panthers being amped up in front of a home crowd combined with the Seahawks traveling through multiple time zones and back two weeks in a row.

Will accept gratuities.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #156
Easy Mac

I guess Wilson didn't drink enough special water
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #157
frnk55
High School Varsity

That little girl jumping up and down wide eyed is awesome.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #158
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Seattle's line is unbelievably bad. I don't think they have a shot with that unit playing like this. It also looks like they are better with Lynch off the field on passing downs at least

Wilson, Rawls, and Lynch have made that line look better than it is all year too. The front office bet on Tom Cable being able to make that line serviceable and he was able to do so against weaker front 7s, but when facing teams like the Cardinals, Panthers, and Rams it becomes obvious just how bad that line is.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #159
Thomkal
Head Coach

Fox must be hating this.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #160
Thomkal
Head Coach

It's a shame the field appears to be so bad.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #161
whomario
Pro Starter

Whoa, now we are entering F-you territory
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #162
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
wow game over?
Yes, now it is.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #163
Thomkal
Head Coach

how about now radii?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #164
miami_fan
Coordinator

Warm up the camera for the photo shoot!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #165
sabotai
General Manager

Geez, Carolina is curb stomping the fuck out of Seattle...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #166
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm hoping 51-0 happens. It won't happen to a more deserving asshat in Peter Carroll

Last edited by MrBug708 : 01-17-2016 at 01:41 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #167
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Why oh why couldn't this actually be done by a team that was likable?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #168
sabotai
General Manager

Also..

Clay Matthews: NFL should 'go to college rules' in OT - NFL.com

I would fucking hate this.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #169
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
how about now radii?

Panthers vs. Giants - Game Summary - December 20, 2015 - ESPN

I'll relax in the 4th quarter... maybe :P

This is amazing though!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #170
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

+1
Old 01-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #171
Radii
Head Coach

That was a great tackle on 4th down. I think I would ahve taken the points if I were Seattle there.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #172
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Panthers team is the most likeable team left in the playoffs. Arizona isnt too bad either. The AFC is all evil
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #173
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
That was a great tackle on 4th down. I think I would ahve taken the points if I were Seattle there.

I understand what Pete was thinking there but at this point Seattle needs to make sure they're getting something out of every drive they can. It's not like it was 4th and short and they're not going to come back by coming up empty handed on good drives.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #174
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I understand what Pete was thinking there but at this point Seattle needs to make sure they're getting something out of every drive they can. It's not like it was 4th and short and they're not going to come back by coming up empty handed on good drives.

Well they're not going to come back kicking field goals either. They put themselves into the position of having to go for it and make it to make a comeback.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #175
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
This Panthers team is the most likeable team left in the playoffs. Arizona isnt too bad either.

I'd probably argue for Arizona in that pairing on that subject. And that might be more for the reason of having been given less reason to actively dislike them.

Quote:
The AFC is all evil

Manning is pretty much the last prominent player in the league I genuinely give a damn about. And Eric Berry is the reason that I draw that distinction, he's rarely going to be the focal point of a game.

I've got nothing against Megatron particularly & wish him well but for whatever reason (despite playing for a favorite college team) I never felt the emotional connection to him that I have about those other two.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #176
Radii
Head Coach

What the hell is that run with Lynch with no timeouts?

Seattle had a legit chance to get 2 field goals on the board in the final minutes and then to get the ball back to start the second half. Make it 31-13 on 3 straight scores, and you've got some people worrying.

Instead, this. Thanks, Pete.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #177
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
What the hell is that run with Lynch with no timeouts?

Seattle had a legit chance to get 2 field goals on the board in the final minutes and then to get the ball back to start the second half. Make it 31-13 on 3 straight scores, and you've got some people worrying.

Instead, this. Thanks, Pete.

Lynch ran 30 seconds off the clock by refusing to go down. Then Wilson goes over the middle with no timeouts.

It looks like Seattle is just ready to go back home at this point.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #179
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I might start the drive to Charlotte now. If Seattle manages to come back, I will want to slap the smug smile off Pete Carroll's face myself.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:03 PM   #180
Alf
Pro Starter

WTF Carolina ?
Old 01-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #181
sabotai
General Manager

Uh-oh. UH-OH!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:05 PM   #182
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Time for the defense to make a play; maybe make this a game.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #183
Radii
Head Coach

Ugh, very worried about Olsen.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #184
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Sure could use that FG from the first half
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #185
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That field goal is huge now. This could be on the verge of a one score game if they kicked it in the first half.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #187
Easy Mac

They very clearly saw something from the first half with as much as they're going to kearse
Old 01-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #188
Easy Mac

I won't say I called that one...
Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #189
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
They very clearly saw something from the first half with as much as they're going to kearse

he's going against Carolina's #4 corner since they have two guys out for the year, and Carolina isn't getting pressure on Wilson consistently anymore.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #190
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Same thing in Atlanta 3 years ago. Pete hates the FG down big but this team is so good at coming back you need to take the points.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:49 PM   #191
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

And also take a look at the first half of the last 3 10am Seahawks playoff games. Something like 0 to 57 in favor of the other team.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #193
miami_fan
Coordinator

Kinda cool to see the OLB on the hands team.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #194
Thomkal
Head Coach

well turned out to be not so easy after all, but see ya in Carolina next week.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #195
Radii
Head Coach

whew. Again, thanks Pete for your idiotic decisions to end the first half. Good game, Seahawks fans.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #196
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Can actually say I think I'd prefer Carolina to win of the remaining options. For Seattle I can't question the team's heart. There's a reason they haven't been blown out in years. Need some better starts on the road though. Last 4 road games we got 0-14, 0-20, 0-9, 0-31. Today was the only time they didn't take the lead or win. Stupid FG. 0-16 start at home versus Green Bay too.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #197
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
This Panthers team is the most likeable team left in the playoffs. Arizona isnt too bad either. The AFC is all evil

I am all in on the NFC teams.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #198
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So, a side note here.

Two years ago, thogh it seems liek longer, we were watching the AFC playoffs with total awe. The Peyton Offense in Denver was a remarkable juggernaut (seriously, if you don't remember how awesome they were, I'll wait while you go check).

Meanwhile, scrappy New England was dealing with some manner of weird injuries and so forth (I honestly don't recall the details) - but they managed to advance in the playoffs and face Denver. Denver was a heavy favorite, but at the time I felt like there was a really intriguing subcurrent there.

Peyton Manning had already put himself into the elite tier of all time QBs, but always had the knock that he didn't deliver mightily in the postseason. Brady was the golden boy who did, despite not having the gaudy stats by and large. At the time, most people had those two guys pegged very close to one another in that barroom GOAT conversation. A healthy two-way debate. I would have taken Manning's side at one barstool, personally.

In the 2013-14 playoffs, the fascinating under-appreciated story was actually about Brady. WHAT IF Brady, with seemingly nothing around him, somehow engineered an upset of the might Broncos and went on to win yet another title? With what he had around him, I think that would have been a monstrous upset, and a remarkable entry into that GOAT convration. Maybe enough to put him into the driver's seat and forever separate him from Manning.

But with TWO different quarterbacks playing for major GOAT credentials at the same time - that seemed like a great moment. And it was obscured a bit by the totally amazeballs season that Team Peyton had assembled, and how he was the one going after history (win with two teams, greatest QB season ever, etc).

Any, fast forward to now. Brady is not even the MVP, but has clearly emerged as the top gun here, and a now-healthy Patriots team looks to go back to back. We are again talking about another entry into the GOAT conversation, but it's all about Brady. And deservedly so, right? Thy win out here, and he probably becomes the top guy on the consensus list for now and for 25 years from now.

But...let's not overlook Manning now. The storyline here, deservedly so, has been that the team has excelled around him, an even despite him this year. He is not his old self, and their judgment to get him back into the lineup is even questionable, given his obvious limitations.

But we again have a crazy and delicious WHAT IF, don't we? WHAT IF Denver wins this week, and gets to play against the golden boy and the (surely) favored Patriots? And WHAT IF Peyton plays well and really contributes to a win? Not a 400 yard passing game, necessarily, but what if he is throwing precision passes and calling all his audibles, and makes a signature gritty/clutch play or two? And they go on to win it all with him playing well?

What, then? The biggest Manning detractors are the anti-clutch types. But a title here with him at the helm, almost regardless of how much he contributes, would have to help his legacy a ton (think John Elway, who suddenly became a talented game manager handing off to Terrell Davis and forever escaped a psychological near-tie with Jim Kelly in the GOAT conversation). But if Manning actually WINS one of these games with the big play at the end or somesuch... what then?

You don't get this a lot. We saw it with Federer and Nadal in tennis, perhaps. No other recent examples come right to mind for me. Two guys, already cemented as legends, simultaneously battling for their exact place in history among the very to echelon of their shared set.

Brady seemed to put it to be last year with a great comeback season and improbable title. Maning seems done. But how fascinating would it be to see the tables turned here?

I'm not calling it. Hardly anyone is. If anything, we see Von Miller with a sack-strip-fumble-six as the face of any sort of Denver title run this year. But
I'm just saying...this sort of thing doesn't even come together on paper very often. It's usually only in your backyard, when you're making shit up as you go.

Great, great post QS.

I'll just add that:

Assuming that game happens, for once during this "rivalry" Manning will feel like the disrespected player. Brady gets uses people disrespecting him to fuel his RAGE. If the story all week is NE being favored and everyone kicking the corpse of Manning?

How many times did the Patriots have a superior defense to the Colts and used it to turn the game ugly and win it? That's what Denver would attempt to do against the Patriots.

If it comes about, it will be fascinating to see.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #199
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone else's game in Spanish?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #200
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Is anyone else's game in Spanish?

Nope, I have Phil Simms but would happily switch with you.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote