Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I've been playing it. I'm not too far into it, I was too sick to play it most of the middle of last week when it came out, and I've been taking it slow and gone through a couple of areas multiple times. I think I've played around 13 hours so far. That said, it's as amazing as you'd expect a souls game to be. Combat is as good as ever, the world and enemy design is still top notch, the boss fights have been excellent. Plenty to explore too, I just found a couple new things in the Undead Village going through it for the third time.

Awesome, I can't to get some time with it!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #152
mckerney
Coordinator

Dark Souls 3 Boss Spoilers

Spoiler
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #153
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Tropico 5 is one of the PS+ games in May.

Tropico 5, God of War: Ghost of SpartaÂ*Headline PlayStation Plus Lineup For May
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #154
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting way of dealing with copyright on YouTube......

Game Critic Uses Brilliant Workaround For YouTube's Copyright BullshitÂ*
Old 04-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #155
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've been playing an assload of Enter the Gungeon for the past few weeks, to the point I should probably seek some sort of help.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #156
Ramzavail
College Starter

I like Enter the Gungeon, I don't love it yet. I've only beaten the first boss once but I thought each time I die I would be able to use my experience to make my player better (unless I'm missing something).
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #157
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I like Enter the Gungeon, I don't love it yet. I've only beaten the first boss once but I thought each time I die I would be able to use my experience to make my player better (unless I'm missing something).

Yes and no (but mostly no). Each time you beat a boss you get a couple of those currency thingies, and back at the hub there's a few places where you can (eventually, if they're not there yet) spend that currency on unlocking stuff for your next play-through. None of the starting characters ever get any better, but as you unlock things there will be (the chance for) better equipment in the chests and stores. You're always at the mercy of the random number generator, for better or worse.

Last edited by thesloppy : 04-27-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #158
Ramzavail
College Starter

Good to know. That said, and the guns are fun, I just wish there was a way to get better/stronger.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:14 PM   #159
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think the more stuff you unlock the (slightly) tougher enemies/rooms get, so it could be argued that your character actually get worse as the game goes on. You definitely do improve with time, and I think they've designed the flow pretty well, but the improvement of your own reflexes and/or pattern recognition is mostly what drives your progression. I also couldn't imagine playing it without a controller, though apparently some folks do.

Last edited by thesloppy : 04-27-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #160
Ramzavail
College Starter

I think the probably with the controller (for me) is I don't love the Steam Controller and that's collecting dust and the xbox or ps3 controller was always so hard to me to install.

I think if you like Enter the Gungeon, I would look into Dungeon Souls. I actually like this game better and its similar (less the awesome gun finds).

Last edited by Ramzavail : 04-28-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #161
mckerney
Coordinator

After about 2 hours of trying I finally took down Pontiff Sulyvahn in Dark Souls 3. This game has some awesome, and incredibly difficult, sword fighting bosses.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #162
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Playing Fallout 4 earlier and happened to stumble into the section where it shows you not only your various game totals but also that of your XBox friends.

I've got 210 hours played so far (across two stars) but I didn't realize how closely my time spent matched Will's. He's at 201 hours. He's discovered more locations, I've completed more quests, our highest level to date is identical.

Gaming seems expensive, figure $60 for a game, another $15 so far in some add-ons. But $75 for 411 hours of entertainment between us? And still a long way from finished with this one. That's like 18 cents an hour.

Any wonder why I don't really go to the movies much anymore?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #163
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anybody tried out the new Ratchet & Clank game?
Old 05-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #164
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Metacritic scores are really good. It kind of got lost in the Uncharted 4 release.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #165
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just purchased Ori and the blind forest definitive edition via xb1 store. Looks like a fun side scroll-er.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #166
mckerney
Coordinator

Ori is outstanding, one of my favorites from last year on top of being absolutely gorgeous.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #167
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ori is outstanding, one of my favorites from last year on top of being absolutely gorgeous.

Excellent.. I saw it at the top of the charts, so for $20 I decided to grab it.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #168
mckerney
Coordinator

New Persona 5 trailer with a release date for Sept. 15th in Japan. Still no release date for anywhere else.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #169
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm really enjoying it so far!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #170
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm really enjoying it so far!

Movement in Ori feels soooo good, and it only gets better the more powers you unlock. I picked up the Definitive Edition and am going to have to go back and replay it before long for the new areas it added in.

I beat Dark Soul III last night, it's easily my favorite for game of the year so far. Several great and memorable bosses that were incredibly satisfying to beat. Still have more to do in it with an optional area I hadn't found playing through the main game without any kind of guides. Then maybe I'll play a sorcerer and cleric. I'd never used spells before in a Souls game with the Spook the assassin starts with being the first one that got any use from me so it seems fun to finally try.

I also finally picked up Stardew Valley and have put almost 50 hours in so far. I have the greenhouse repaired now and am using it for year round hops production to sell pale ale alongside my cheese and mayonnaise. My orchard is almost finished growing too.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-06-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #171
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes sir.. Ori keeps getting better!!!

I have DS 3 as well... need to get going on that.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #172
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Got Twilight Struggle on Steam. Have a couple of games going against friends.

The AI is also really good. Or maybe I'm really bad. But I'm, like, 1-15 against it if you include games I quit early because it was kicking my ass so hard.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #173
Ramzavail
College Starter

thats cool - you can slow play twilight stuggle? I might be interested in that.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #174
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I picked up Pocket Jockey for the 3DS the other day. For less than $8, it's a great horse racing-solitaire mix complete with rudimentary breeding and rpg-like leveling for young horses. Well worth the money!
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #175
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Survival mode for Fallout 4, as currently constituted, is slightly more fun to me than Assassin's Creed was ... and that's one of maybe the three most "this isn't gaming, gaming is fun, this is just ... suffering" experiences I've had.

I'll give it a bit more time (Lvl 8 or so thus far I think) but so far it's kind of like sitting around poking yourself with a sharp object ... that's been heated in a fire ... and is liberally doused with anthrax.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #176
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I picked up Pocket Jockey for the 3DS the other day. For less than $8, it's a great horse racing-solitaire mix complete with rudimentary breeding and rpg-like leveling for young horses. Well worth the money!

Have played about 15 hours. With my second bred horse, I was finally able to train a horse up to a speed of 90. Then when I raced him as a 4 year old (a mature horse), I lost three straight races with poor card play. After three loses as a mature horse, your horse is forced to retire in the game.

So, I picked a random starting horse named Groovy Soul and won the Royal Derby (the in game Kentucky Derby). Got a lot of lucky card play and used its "front charger" characteristic which gives the horse energy when it runs just in front of another horse in the race. Every horse can have up to one characteristic and two skills. Skills need to be trained (by collecting skill cards) before they will appear on the horse.

Currently breeding a third generation horse (not inbred and hopefully a sprinter) while I race Groovy Soul. You get a new foal (called a JR horse) from two horses that have retired to the farm after finishing the racing career of a mature mode horse (4 year old+) or finshing the training of a new horse in growth mode.

A very well polished solitare card game where you play as a jockey with a really silly story line to explain the mechanics of the game. Though, for some reason as the jockey you can determine which horses can breed together, which I don't get since all the horses have an in game owner.

Also, you can't select which race your horse will run. Your next race is determined by the result of your previous race. So, sometimes that 3 year old that your training gets placed in a G1 with mature horses that goes for a distance your horse is ill equiped to race. So, all you can do is try and grab as many experience and skill cards that you can get.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #177
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another sign that it's getting more difficult to make ends meet on some of these AAA series. Surprised to see this series end.

Disney Cancels Disney Infinity
Old 05-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #178
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Also, you can't select which race your horse will run. Your next race is determined by the result of your previous race.

This is the case most of the time in Pocket Card Jockey. I found there is a situation where you are given a choice. If you have won a race in the previouse year with a horse, when you get to that race again in the following year with the same horse you can choose your next race. Either the race you won last year or a different one.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #179
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Solid return to form. Pretty similar to the PS3 crack in time, etc offerings (although I don't love the story as much this time around). If you liked those, you'll like this one. Groovitron is still awesome.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #180
Kodos
Resident Alien

Good to hear. I need something to help me get some more value out of my PS4.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #181
spleen1015
Coordinator

Is R&C a reboot?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #182
mckerney
Coordinator

Sort of? I think it's a game based on the movie based on the game.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:48 AM   #183
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My quick 2.5 cents worth with my reax to the Far Harbor DLC.

Fallout 4 DLC “Far Harbor” impressions | Jon's Three Cents
Old 05-27-2016, 03:52 AM   #184
Groundhog
Coordinator

Good write up Jon. I'm only a little way into it, but already it feels like a big jump forward in terms of the actual writing. I think a ton of time was spent on the game mechanics in the initial release, and both the graphics and writing (especially as far as meaningful dialogue options go) took a bit of a back seat.

I've still clocked up 150 or so hours though, so hey, can't complain too much.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:21 AM   #185
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Good write up Jon.

Thanks, I don't do a lot of that kind of stuff, I'm more of a gut shot guy than a technical reviewer. It's an elaborate reviewer kinda world, I'm just a quick takes kinda guy {shrug}

Quote:
I'm only a little way into it, but already it feels like a big jump forward in terms of the actual writing.

I will simply say that I felt like it really hit its stride around the midpoint (counting heavy sidequesting) of the experience,my first impression (2-4 hours worth) was far more lukewarm than where I ended up.

Quote:
I've still clocked up 150 or so hours though, so hey, can't complain too much.

Between my first playthrough, then this version where I haven't finished the main storyline yet but did faction stuff that I largely skipped (aside from settlements) in the first go, and about 20 hours worth of fiddling with Survival mode ... yeah, I'm somewhere north of 300 hours total at this point.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #186
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My quick 2.5 cents worth with my reax to the Far Harbor DLC.

Fallout 4 DLC “Far Harbor” impressions | Jon's Three Cents

How deep is the DLC? I was all on board but it's $25 so I'm wondering how many hours you think you'd get out of this.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #187
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How deep is the DLC? I was all on board but it's $25 so I'm wondering how many hours you think you'd get out of this.

Sidequests & all, I had to play at least 25 hours (there were three extended sessions I put into it, plus some smaller bits along the way). And I have still have a few more sidequests to mop up after the main was finished, and that's without counting any additional time I'll put into the settlements that were added. And there's ever how many locations I haven't yet discovered (I would guess there to be 4-8 of those left, at least).

For me, it'll easily get to the 35 hour mark and likely a bit beyond.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case any of you folks care, I picked up, and reviewed Techwars Online for my BattleTech blog I get paid top write for:

Sarna.net

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #189
mckerney
Coordinator

I love the new DOOM. It will likely be the biggest surprise of the year since most of what was shown pre-release was multiplayer which never looked very good, but the campaign is great. It's full of fast paced combat arenas full of demons, designed with multiple levels to move around (and you have to be moving at all times), and an arsenal of weapons that are a joy to use.

It joins Wolfenstein with its reboot that managed to do a wondrous job at updating a shooter while holding true to its old school sensibilities.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #190
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I wasn't a huge fan of the Wolfenstein reboot, but Doom is utterly fantastic. Runs like a dream too.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #191
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mods for Fallout 4 arrived on console today ... well, they arrived on the consoles that were able to log into a Bethesda.net site that is so slammed that not even the website (never mind connecting through XB1) is working atm.

A developer, unprepared/unwilling to meet demand? Gosh, I'm shocked by that.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:49 PM   #192
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh, even more fun. The site finally loaded (sorta) after about an hour of trying.
Of course, so far we've discovered that the XB1 files all list as being 0Kb ... meaning you can't even try to calculate what a mod would do to your 2GB (total) limit of active mods.

And it's looking like at least some portion of the mods that made it through their "beta" process & were declared ready for XB1 ... don't work.

Yep, feeling like a lovely day one clusterfuck thus far.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM   #193
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, even more fun. The site finally loaded (sorta) after about an hour of trying.
Of course, so far we've discovered that the XB1 files all list as being 0Kb ... meaning you can't even try to calculate what a mod would do to your 2GB (total) limit of active mods.

And it's looking like at least some portion of the mods that made it through their "beta" process & were declared ready for XB1 ... don't work.

You're not really playing a bethesda game if you're not having some sort of mod problem.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #194
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
You're not really playing a bethesda game if you're not having some sort of mod problem.

For as much as I've loved their stuff over the years, you're probably not really playing a bethesda game if it's been playtested.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:39 PM   #195
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
In case any of you folks care, I picked up, and reviewed Techwars Online for my BattleTech blog I get paid top write for:

Sarna.net

Looks like the old Cyberstorm game by Sierra, I will take a shot at it.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #196
Thomkal
Head Coach

GOG.com now with limited Steam access:

https://www.gog.com/news/introducing...m_content=link
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #197
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

BethesdaGameStudios on Twitter: "Xbox traffic was 50x the initial #Fallout4 PC mod launch. It's a new world & just the beginning. New features & PS4 support in the works."
Old 06-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Looks like the old Cyberstorm game by Sierra, I will take a shot at it.

Yeah and if you don't like it after 30 minutes, you can return it. that's long enough for the tutorial adna few matches.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #199
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
GOG.com now with limited Steam access:

https://www.gog.com/news/introducing...m_content=link

I really hope this starts a trend.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #200
Atocep
Coordinator

PC players use 3rd party mod platforms because they're better than bethesda's shit.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote