Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #151
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Still a team who's lowest point total before today was 34 and had scored 40+ three times. Huge win by Missouri? Absolutely. Lets just not deny that Georgia's offense was hampered by a good amount.

Best case scenario for the SEC title game would have been 'Bama vs. Georgia, but who knows now. It might require a tie breaker in the East.

In regards to matchups, Mizzou has the clearest path. No LSU or Bama on the schedule with the toughest four remaining games (USC, Florida, A&M, Tenn.) all at home.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #152
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Still a team who's lowest point total before today was 34 and had scored 40+ three times. Huge win by Missouri? Absolutely. Lets just not deny that Georgia's offense was hampered by a good amount.

But not the reason they lost the game. Their OL is too easy to beat with speed, their defense is apparently too easy to beat by just about anybody.

Quote:
It might require a tie breaker in the East.

It could ... but that's a long way from UGA "contending for a national championship" talk that was so hot in the past few days.

And not even an SEC Title is likely to be enough to jump a two-loss UGA into the title game without a major number of upsets.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
In regards to matchups, Mizzou has the clearest path. No LSU or Bama on the schedule with the toughest four remaining games (USC, Florida, A&M, Tenn.) all at home.

They ain't beating A&M with Franklin.

And they're highly unlikely to beat Florida without him. Which is some surely shitty luck right there.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #154
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
They ain't beating A&M with Franklin.

And they're highly unlikely to beat Florida without him. Which is some surely shitty luck right there.

We'll see.

Edit: Franklin X-ray was negative. We'll have to see if there's any soft tissue damage.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-12-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #155
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The road to the SEC goes through Columbia, Mo. now. Florida and South Carolina come to Columbia next two weeks. Huge doesn't describe it.

Very concerned about Franklin. This could be third straight season with a shoulder injury. I actually have faith in Maty Mauk but he will have to prove it on the field.

Missouri's offense is good but the defense is critical. They got a lot of pressure on Murray and forced four turnovers. The defensive line is small but fast. Can create havoc when necessary.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #156
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It could ... but that's a long way from UGA "contending for a national championship" talk that was so hot in the past few days.

And not even an SEC Title is likely to be enough to jump a two-loss UGA into the title game without a major number of upsets.

Georgia with a loss had a shot. Georgia with two losses even winning the SEC isn't going to the title game. Not this year. There's simply too many teams that have a path towards being undefeated for Georgia to leap frog.

I think a 'Bama/Florida game has been in the making, but I would liked to have seen it when Florida had something of an offense. Florida is the one team with talent and a physical nature to give 'Bama issues, but I don't see their offense being a big enough threat just yet. If LSU beats Florida, then Missouri is in the driver seat. If they don't, 'Bama winning the West would be a mere formality.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #157
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Gary Pinkel said that Franklin has a shoulder separation. No word on general severity, but would guess that Mauk will start next week.

Should note that there's a lot of Mizzou fans that won't mind that too much. Mauk is an awfully good second option with a much better release and arm than Franklin, especially with the running game being as good as it is. We don't need the QB to run quite as much as we have in the past.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #158
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

And the PAC 12 officiating screw job continues calling a personal foul on UW on the 4th play of the game
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Edit: Franklin X-ray was negative. We'll have to see if there's any soft tissue damage.

FTR, I'm hoping he's fine. Completely different team with him.

I'm not buying any black & yellow gear any time soon but the fans I met today were class acts all the way (something I don't say all that often no matter how much I despise the mutts)

Funny story about those fans btw. Our scoutmaster got a phone call Tuesday night from a fan in Columbia, asking whether he could reserve a parking space for this morning. He was like "sure ... but how the heck did you find us?"

Google Earth to locate the nearest likely parking lot ... called the apt complex, who passed along our guy's number. In 20 years, no visiting fan had ever gone that route (the few early requests from visitors were like friends of our regulars & such). The consensus was basically "those Missouri folks, they might be getting this whole SEC thing pretty good" and
Old 10-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #160
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
FTR, I'm hoping he's fine. Completely different team with him.

I'm not buying any black & yellow gear any time soon but the fans I met today were class acts all the way (something I don't say all that often no matter how much I despise the mutts)

Funny story about those fans btw. Our scoutmaster got a phone call Tuesday night from a fan in Columbia, asking whether he could reserve a parking space for this morning. He was like "sure ... but how the heck did you find us?"

Google Earth to locate the nearest likely parking lot ... called the apt complex, who passed along our guy's number. In 20 years, no visiting fan had ever gone that route (the few early requests from visitors were like friends of our regulars & such). The consensus was basically "those Missouri folks, they might be getting this whole SEC thing pretty good" and
Very cool. FTR, the Georgia fans at Mizzou last year were the best fans I've ever encountered. Had quite a few Georgia fans stop by our tailgate to wish us luck and welcome us to the SEC. Class acts all the way.

Sure, they chanted "Old Man Football" and "SEC" at us in the fourth quarter, but that's OK. We got in our "DGB" and "SEC chants in the fourth quarter today.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Very cool. FTR, the Georgia fans at Mizzou last year were the best fans I've ever encountered. Had quite a few Georgia fans stop by our tailgate to wish us luck and welcome us to the SEC. Class acts all the way.

Sure, they chanted "Old Man Football" and "SEC" at us in the fourth quarter, but that's OK. We got in our "DGB" and "SEC chants in the fourth quarter today.

Yeah, the GA game last year was a lot of fun. The Old Man Football stuff was pretty funny. They had a Q&A on the Georgia Rivals board this week before the game where you could post questions. I saw a Mizzou poster post "What role do you think Old Man Football will play in this year's matchup?"
Old 10-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #162
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Gary Pinkel said that Franklin has a shoulder separation. No word on general severity, but would guess that Mauk will start next week.

Should note that there's a lot of Mizzou fans that won't mind that too much. Mauk is an awfully good second option with a much better release and arm than Franklin, especially with the running game being as good as it is. We don't need the QB to run quite as much as we have in the past.
Mauk was a dual threat QB in high school too. Sure, he threw for almost 19,000 yards, but he ran for more than 5,000. His senior year he had 5,400 yards passing, 68 TD passes, 1,700 yards rushing and 24 rushing TD.

I don't think the offense is going to change a lot with Mauk in there. The biggest difference is that DGB is his favorite target, and I actually think more balls going to him isn't a bad thing. Franklin was just more comfortable with Washington and Lucas.

Mauk didn't exactly go Chase Daniel vs. Iowa State his freshmen year today, but Mizzou went 13-0 with him in the game today. Franklin and Mauk shared first-string duties in the spring. What really won Franklin the job is accuracy and turnovers.

If Mauk doesn't turn the ball over, we have a chance, possibly even better chance than with Franklin. But if he gets rattled and throws some picks, the next few weeks could be rough. Glad we'll be at home, but today had to be a confidence booster for him at the end of the game.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

un fucking believable. Another review overturned without irrefutable evidence.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #164
Jon
High School Varsity

That was a bad call...forward progress was stopped before he crossed the plane.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #165
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Possibly the only person to feel worse about the Longhorn win today than Bob Stoops is Manny Diaz.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #166
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
That was a bad call...forward progress was stopped before he crossed the plane.

horrible.

Tough to play against the second ranked team in the country and the PAC 12 officials.

Is it just me or is there an absurd number of commercials in this game?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #167
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
un fucking believable. Another review overturned without irrefutable evidence.

What game?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #168
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IT is exhausting watching Baylor and UW-Oregon at the same time.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #169
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
What game?

washington.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #170
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Kansas State is holding Baylor about 1428 yards below their season average.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #171
cartman
Death Herald

Welp, guess I jinxed them.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Kansas State is holding Baylor about 1428 yards below their season average.

good timing
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #173
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

5 mins left 1st half --
BC 7 - Clemson 0
Old 10-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #174
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Michigan and PSU both with INTs early. Gardner's might prove to be the most costly.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #175
Jon
High School Varsity

There are a lot of commercial. It even seems like they're trying to cut to ads and then they change their mind
Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #176
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

PSU 7-0. That was just a horrible "What in the hell were you thinking" kind of INT by Gardner. It literally looked like the DB and WR had switched roles.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #177
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

7-7. Nobody within 7 yards of Funchess when he caught the ball. 6 foot 5 inches, 151 yards last week, and nobody within 7 yards. Hello, secondary.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #178
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

PSU goes for it on 4th and 1 on their 33. They fail to get it. Michigan gets zero points out of it.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #179
Logan
Head Coach

Bruce Feldman says it's at least 6 weeks for James Franklin.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #180
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

14-10 PSU. Second mind boggling bad INT by Gardner. I can accept tipped passes and such, but these are straight to the defender type of miscues. You can't have a QB be on pace for a 20+ INT season and expect to win. Hoke has a problem on hand, and I'm curious to see how hell bent he is to stick with Gardner because the kid is done.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #181
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
14-10 PSU. Second mind boggling bad INT by Gardner. I can accept tipped passes and such, but these are straight to the defender type of miscues. You can't have a QB be on pace for a 20+ INT season and expect to win. Hoke has a problem on hand, and I'm curious to see how hell bent he is to stick with Gardner because the kid is done.

I don't see an easy win on the rest of their schedule if Gardner doesn't fix this problem. We're probably facing 6-6 or 7-5 here.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #182
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I don't see an easy win on the rest of their schedule if Gardner doesn't fix this problem. We're probably facing 6-6 or 7-5 here.

I don't know how much he can fix the issue. Even doing half of what he is would be a huge help. Teams can simply limit Michigan's run game, which isn't hard mind you, and merely wait for the bad pass. Sure, there is potential in the passing game, but Gardner has yet to prove he can do more than turn the ball over than at least twice a game. A big reason he didn't turn the ball over during the Minn game was due to them not throwing it at all during the first quarter, and the OC admits it was done that way due to Gardner's issues. Gardner has given the coaching staff zero reason to trust him.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #183
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

how is that not a horse collar? PAC 12 officials strike again
Old 10-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #184
Jon
High School Varsity

How many calls are these Pac-12 officials going to "miss" when it would go against the Ducks?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #185
mckerney
Coordinator

I don't think anyone was surprised when this guy was named the best official in Pac-12 history.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
How many calls are these Pac-12 officials going to "miss" when it would go against the Ducks?

the ref was literally 5 feet away with a perfect view
Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #187
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
I don't know how much he can fix the issue. Even doing half of what he is would be a huge help. Teams can simply limit Michigan's run game, which isn't hard mind you, and merely wait for the bad pass. Sure, there is potential in the passing game, but Gardner has yet to prove he can do more than turn the ball over than at least twice a game. A big reason he didn't turn the ball over during the Minn game was due to them not throwing it at all during the first quarter, and the OC admits it was done that way due to Gardner's issues. Gardner has given the coaching staff zero reason to trust him.

He's running almost as much as Denard did, and he has 13 turnovers in 5 1/2 games this year. Right now, this team could not score a single point against a good defense like Michigan State's. People see this. An undefeated (at least for the next hour or so) Michigan team would ordinarily never be ranked #18.

Maybe it is time to go with Shane Morris.

Sadly, I think the injuries finally claimed Fitz Toussaint. He's been a shell of his former self this year. There's no question that it's Green time in the backfield.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #188
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The problem is the coaching staff is ever protective of their players and aren't willing to switch in the backups.

Quote:
"The backup’s the best player until the backup plays and they don’t want him to play anymore." - Al Borges, four days ago.

My viewpoint is if you go out and recruit all of this talent, you might as well run with it when you have starters not pulling their weight.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We can't stop Oregons offense
Old 10-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #190
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Cuse picks up their first ever ACC win, on the road at NC State 24-10! Yay for 3-3 and not having a losing record!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #191
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #192
DougW
High School Varsity

@MichiganOL .. blocking is OK. You're encouraged to do that.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #193
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Cuse picks up their first ever ACC win, on the road at NC State 24-10! Yay for 3-3 and not having a losing record!

Thank goodness for two good running backs since SU does not have anyone that can play QB.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #194
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Maryland was just gifted that win. I'll take it.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #195
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

21-20 PSU. Michigan is in this because PSU isn't that good and is willing to match Michigan in TOs.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #196
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Someone might want to wake Stanford up.

Michigan outscores PSU 17-3 in a quarter where they don't turn it over. Funny how that works. Michigan up 27-24.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #197
tarcone
Coordinator

Im drunk. But you Mizzou fans are delusional.

No wayt Miaaou wins the East.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #198
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wisconsin demolishes Northwestern. Northwestern couldn't do anything against wisconsins very good defense.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #199
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Im drunk. But you Mizzou fans are delusional.

No wayt Miaaou wins the East.

They are a game up on everybody and all of the contenders are flawed with SC being the closest to a complete team. Maybe.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #200
mckerney
Coordinator

This review looks like a massive gift to Penn State.