Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2003, 09:49 PM   #151
Anthony
Banned

where does one go to get the background to the whole world, so that one could be "in the know" as to what a certain race should know and where could one get basic info so when people ask about yourself IC you can have a good answer.

like someone asked me IC where i was from, and i didn't know what to answer. i assume since i'm an Elf i should say i'm from T'Nashi.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:53 PM   #152
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Got my character out of that mansion by logging in to Elysia. Thomkal and I explored the sewers there for an hour. Cool stuff, although I was pretty much a sightseer while Thomkal and his boar wiped out everything. Nevertheless, I now have a backpack full of fire beetle bellies. God, these things stink.

That was the first time tyring to play in character (I pretty much just walked around Mikona for two hours previous to this). Lots of fun, although I would have to say the same thing as HA: it takes a while to get used to everything, and to develop a personality for your character. The default of chaotic good does make things easier, though.

HA: I too have no idea where I'm from, or what the history of the land is all about, or who all the gods are, except for some dude Dra N'ar that Thomkal is real close with. I remember reading something on the website, but it was all just names then. I imagine I'll piece things together little by little. I feel like I was born yesterday.

Thomkal: Thanks! That was fun! Sorry I was such a load.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:34 PM   #153
Daimyo
College Starter

There is a forum for avlis and it contains a TON of backstory. I try to read a little bit from there every day... the IC forums are especially nice IMO.

Today I played around with the camera hack they link to in the downloads section and after using it for an evening I'm not sure how I ever played without it! The strange thing is, appartently there is a whole system for determining when your character can spot enemies, but the camera ingame limits the player to something like only 45 feet... with the hack you can lower your camera angle and push back the fog to get a MUCH more realistic view... it actually makes ranged combat a valid strategy!

NOTE: You don't get infinite sight with it... you can see buildings off to the edge of the screen, but enemies do not appear until you "spot" them which seems to be something like 100 ft as far as I can tell... not sure if that is linked at all to wisdom though. Enemies also get a chance to spot you at that distance too... I always wondered why enemies always started charging me before they appeared on my screen.. apparently it isn't that they spot your character first, but just that the presentation isn't very good by default....

Last edited by Daimyo : 05-13-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #154
ACStrider
High School JV

Whew...well I finally got to play a little. I have good news. My roommie and I adjusted the router settings and we can now both play together. (yeah, running two comps through one port was a little difficult for the server to handle) I think my roommie is looking to create a new character for playing just when I'm on (an elf-mage to go with my elf-bard) I look forward to running into you all. Let me know what you have in mind!
Old 05-14-2003, 05:51 AM   #155
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Needed:

Information on alchemy, specificly looking for various formula. Will repay with something.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:26 AM   #156
Thomkal
Head Coach

The About Avlis link on the main page gives some basic info about the world, its a good place to start. Then like Daimyo said the forum for avlis background info is a must read too.

GB: You weren't a load though I must admit it was nice adventuring with someone weaker than me for a change. Get those fire bellies to Mikona (there's a boat in the wharves that will take you there, may be too expensive at the moment though) to the boy outside the adventurers guild.

And its Dra'Nar not Dra N'ar. Get it right if you want more healing. Had a good time introducing you to the craziness that is Avlis.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:32 AM   #157
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Thomkal
GB: You weren't a load though I must admit it was nice adventuring with someone weaker than me for a change. Get those fire bellies to Mikona (there's a boat in the wharves that will take you there, may be too expensive at the moment though) to the boy outside the adventurers guild.

He could just taken the walk....

Last edited by Fritz : 05-14-2003 at 11:02 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #158
Daimyo
College Starter

Last night Fritz and I ventured into the Ice Cave near Mikona with a couple other 6-8 lvl types. I think it would be a great place for an fofc excursion... It seems to have just the right balance between being doable while still having the potential to be totally wiped out. (I think mainly because you can't sleep in the cave and have to fight your way out through tough enemies which can be pretty tough if you spend all your resources on the way down)

Unfortunately the main boss of the cave was killed right before we arrived so we didn't get to do that part... judging by how weak we were when we made it out of the cave, killing the boss might be beyond us.

Later Fritz, Hornace, and I fought a little on the hills east of town and I think we did all right.... unfortunately there apparently is no place to rest nearby, so it makes it tough to get too far. I can't imagine there is no place at all to rest between the druid camp and tolgorath's lair though... that would make it nearly impossible! My feeling is that we're probably a few levels short of being able to do too much there, but definately its a place to mark for future reference and a decent place to get a quick, relatively safe combat fix in the meantime.

Tonight I think the plan is to visit the temple of Andagar under Elysia for fun and profit. I'd say there might be as many as 20 clerics down there and each carries a +1 bastard sword and holy symbol that can cast magic missile... conservatively that probably means about 40k per trip. The clerics do not attack or speak to you, but I'm sure one of us can come up with an IC reason to attack them. They do worship the god of evil, deceit, and trickery afterall....
Old 05-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #159
Daimyo
College Starter

DOLA.. I've never been down in the mines past where we went back when I was a lvl 2... I've talked to several lvl 5-types who said they've fought in the displacer caves below. Is that too easy for the lvl ~7-9 fofc group now? I'd be interested to check it out since I've never been.

Last edited by Daimyo : 05-14-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:16 AM   #160
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Adventure jounals:

the ice cave
Yesterday a large party of mixed low/med level characters made a venture into the ice cave. Daimyo and I, not part of the party, followed behind as a sort of security blanket.

This party managed to make it down one level, but then decided to return. It was probable a good thing Daim and I were there, because getting out was little tougher for them.

A reformed party of the stronger ones plus daimyo and I went back in and made it to the very bottom. Alas the "boss" monster had been slain by another group. Our group took a little beating on the way out, but got to the surface for a rest. As we were waking up a pack of boars attacked and, with our defenses down, incapasitated everyone but me. A quick invisibility spell and 10 med kits later (becoming a psuedo-cleric) was all that was needed to get the party back on their feet.

Later, HFP, Daimyou and I went to "giant hill." AS with other parts of this world, the level of the nearby characters affects the mosters that appear. (This is a real bitch if you are low level party and their happens to be some lvl 20s running around)

Going up the hill I expected a certain collection of monsters based upon my pervious trips up solo and with daimyo. Evidently, adding Hornus to the mix triggered the next level in monsters and we were taking a little by suprise. A few raids up and down the hill found us not far into the area, but we managed to take out several ogres, trolls, and a few giants. A reasonable exp night.

Both places are poor adventure locations for low level characters.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #161
QuikSand
lolzcat

Thanks for the scouting, Daimyo. Can you explain (generally) how to get to the temple of Andagar from Elysia?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #162
Daimyo
College Starter

Just head into the sewers in Elysia. They are really, really easy (rats, dire rats, spiders, fire beetles, bombadier beetles, etc) and you can rest anywhere. Head down a couple levels and eventually you will get to a temple...

The temple contains various Kobolds (pretty good XP for me when i was lvl 6, but definately not Mikona mines level) and the clerics of Andagar.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:29 AM   #163
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Daimyo
DOLA.. I've never been down in the mines past where we went back when I was a lvl 2... I've talked to several lvl 5-types who said they've fought in the displacer caves below. Is that too easy for the lvl ~7-9 fofc group now? I'd be interested to check it out since I've never been.

I did the wole thing minus the displacer cave solo as a level 7 wizard...
Old 05-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #164
Daimyo
College Starter

The displacer cave is what I'm worried about.

I generally run through the first level of the mines a few times per session... an Umber Hulk when I'm by myself (no Baby or Dire Wolf) gives 73 XP!!! Still a pretty good 63 or 52 depending on what companions I summon... and there are four of them on the first level!! (plus many ~20 XP Hook Horrors)... Its like the rat pack for low-mid levels.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:26 PM   #165
Thomkal
Head Coach

I died in the displacer cave with a non-FOFC group a few days ago. That will teach me not to play with anyone outside this forum.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:46 PM   #166
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I took Chief Rum to the mines last night. We cleared out two levels. I think Chief only fell a couple of times but Hornace healed him. I helped him get out of the hell that is level 1.

I try to grab every scroll I can and give them to Fritz. But it is a littler harder for me to get in a party since I use no magic. He knows a lot more about who they go to etc than I do. I have tried to pick up a little something for everybody when I can and get information of where to get things.

Hornace drinks potions like water. He is an expensive mofo.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:58 PM   #167
Anthony
Banned

Hornace is a great friend in Avlis. it's good to role play with guys from FOFC, there's an immediate IC bond between the players. i have yet to see Quiksand, although he just may have me on Avlis ignore.

i'm going on in about 5 minutes for all who care.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 PM   #168
Daimyo
College Starter

The Andagar temple under Elysia might have just gotten a bit more difficult:

http://boards.blackdagger.com/viewtopic.php?t=14072

OTOH, I was actually in Elysia when this happened shopping for a new evening gown so we might have an IC reason to go there now. I took the boat back to Mikona before logging off.

(I was in Elysia most of tonight, but nothing happened in game when I was there... I only read this when I logged off, but I'll assume my character was there when it happened and thus knows IC the stuff in that thread)

Last edited by Daimyo : 05-14-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:37 AM   #169
ACStrider
High School JV

Notice: Hornace PurpleToad wanted for trespassing and accomplice to murder!!!

Today I had a rather rude awakening in Mikona. Since I last adventured I was carrying many firebeetle bellies and sought to exchange them in the market place for fire potions. After this transaction, however, I was rudely interrupted by HUNDREDS of undead flooding the Market!! Within a few minutes I was dead, unable to counter the hoard with the few friends that I had. Undead in the market place? How could this be?

Word spread quickly that this was the work of the infamous lich and 20+ warriors entered the market to put down the deeds of this evil monster. The minions of undead were finally put down, but the Lich made his way forth. He proved too much even for all of these highly skilled adventurers and desolation was made of almost the entire group. When the dust settled, and the Lich had made his point, he retreated to the underdark where he came from and the surviving heroes revived their dead.

So what had prompted this attack? Apparently several characters including Keanon, Kari Tal'Rathe and Hornace PurpleToad allegedly broke into sacred grounds in the temple district and traveled to the underdark, disturbing the premises of the Lich, who in turn exacted revenge on the market place.

As a witness to the desolation, having died three times in the conflict, and having seen the lich and Kari (I, unfortunately was standing right by Kari when the Lich himself first attacked) engage in verbal and physical argument, I can say that I have heard both sides of the argument. I was also present when Kari was arrested in the City Gate Inn.

There remains one key weakness in the claim of Mikonan officials which makes me very skeptical of the guilt of the three alleged. There was only one witness to the initial trespassing of the temple grounds, a special operations soldier, and he was conveniently absent at the arrest. At the arrest Kari vehemently denied trespassing on temple grounds and insisted that she accessed the underdark region through the sewers. Also she claimed that the lich stole property of theirs outside the underdark region and was merely attempting to retrieve it (along with the body of Kaenon). As a friend of Kari and Hornace, and knowing the propensity of both to be honorable and noble characters, I am reluctant to honor the claims of Mikonan officials.

Outstanding warrents still remain for these individuals.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:50 AM   #170
ACStrider
High School JV

Other adventures on the day...

After the incident with Kari, the Lich and the market, I ventured with a group into the giant and troll hills. We effectively cleaned out the caves and returned out safely.

Following this adventure, my roommate, Hylia, myself, and one other adventurer made for the Wilderness and came across a keep. We encountered some additional characters who asked us if we wanted to help with a mission (he was obviously friends with Hylia). My roommate eventually left the group after a chaos storm (name given for server crashes) but we had made our way into a slavery cave full of orc slave masters.

The orcs were kidnapping both elves and humans and enslaving them in these caves. It proved a very profitable adventure in several ways. First of all, each rescued person was worth 30 experience, and considering that there were about 10 people, you do the math. When the mission was all said and done, there was an additional 400 exp reward. All this is without consdering the exp from killing orcs.

Here's the really fun part...
The initial orcs that we came across all dropped a cure medium wounds. Not bad, huh. Later we came across orcs that dropped a cure medium wounds, an aid potion, an endurance potion, and a longsword +1...EACH!! In addition, the boss figures dropped even better stuff (but there weren't many boss figures). Considering that each longsword +1 is worth over 1000 gp, and I carried over 10 longswords, our strongest partner was carrying magic bags, and we evenly divided up the loot afterwards, is it not surprising that when we sold all the stuff and split it, I ended up with 30,000 GOLD!!!

Yeah, I made off like a bandit with that one! Hopefully my future adventures will be this profitable!
Old 05-15-2003, 04:53 AM   #171
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

I have started to brew. Fey Wine is my only drink, but i am sure others will follow.

If you have items that need ot be identified, I am a good person to track down. Thus far I have not found a thing that can't be figured out just by looking at it.

Prices: People I team with - Free
FOFC that I do not team with: - 25gp an Item (75% off the merchant's price)
Joe Blow: 50gp

I reserve the right to not identify for anyone for any reason.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:20 AM   #172
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz

FOFC that I do not team with: - 25gp an Item

- 25gp? You'll give me 25 gp to identify something? Excellent! I'll track you down the next time I'm on.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 06:51 AM   #173
Thomkal
Head Coach

Has anybody been in the cave just north of Elysia? I was exploring yesterday and found it on top of a series of ridges. I went in but came right back out because I was alone at the time.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:14 AM   #174
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
Notice: Hornace PurpleToad wanted for trespassing and accomplice to murder!!!

Today I had a rather rude awakening in Mikona. Since I last adventured I was carrying many firebeetle bellies and sought to exchange them in the market place for fire potions. After this transaction, however, I was rudely interrupted by HUNDREDS of undead flooding the Market!! Within a few minutes I was dead, unable to counter the hoard with the few friends that I had. Undead in the market place? How could this be?

Word spread quickly that this was the work of the infamous lich and 20+ warriors entered the market to put down the deeds of this evil monster. The minions of undead were finally put down, but the Lich made his way forth. He proved too much even for all of these highly skilled adventurers and desolation was made of almost the entire group. When the dust settled, and the Lich had made his point, he retreated to the underdark where he came from and the surviving heroes revived their dead.

So what had prompted this attack? Apparently several characters including Keanon, Kari Tal'Rathe and Hornace PurpleToad allegedly broke into sacred grounds in the temple district and traveled to the underdark, disturbing the premises of the Lich, who in turn exacted revenge on the market place.

As a witness to the desolation, having died three times in the conflict, and having seen the lich and Kari (I, unfortunately was standing right by Kari when the Lich himself first attacked) engage in verbal and physical argument, I can say that I have heard both sides of the argument. I was also present when Kari was arrested in the City Gate Inn.

There remains one key weakness in the claim of Mikonan officials which makes me very skeptical of the guilt of the three alleged. There was only one witness to the initial trespassing of the temple grounds, a special operations soldier, and he was conveniently absent at the arrest. At the arrest Kari vehemently denied trespassing on temple grounds and insisted that she accessed the underdark region through the sewers. Also she claimed that the lich stole property of theirs outside the underdark region and was merely attempting to retrieve it (along with the body of Kaenon). As a friend of Kari and Hornace, and knowing the propensity of both to be honorable and noble characters, I am reluctant to honor the claims of Mikonan officials.

Outstanding warrents still remain for these individuals.

These are bogus charges.

Myself Kari and Kaenon along with a couple others who will remain unnamed for protection did enter an area reachable via the sewers. We did NOT enter any temple, and we did NOT encounter any lich.

Clearly the Order of Gorethar (OoG for short) is protecting something, but our adventures did not incur any of the ramifications that apparently happened.

I have an idea what the Order is protecting down there but I will remain silent for now until I find out more.

I have to face trial apparently sometime (when Gloknall and I are both online) with whatever bogus charges the city and the Order cook up.

Apparently we were followed by an informant, but even if this informant was invisible we had someone in the party who is skilled at seeing such things. I do not believe that there was any informant and will at my trial attempt to prove so.

Rest assured I will find out the answer to what is going on beneath the city because the OoG is clearly protecting something!

PS If anyone in FOFC was affected by this lich causing all the havoc, you have my word that where we were adventuring had nothing to do with it.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:01 AM   #175
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomkal
Has anybody been in the cave just north of Elysia? I was exploring yesterday and found it on top of a series of ridges. I went in but came right back out because I was alone at the time.

this is where you can mine mithral
Old 05-15-2003, 08:03 AM   #176
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
I do not believe that there was any informant and will at my trial attempt to prove so.

If you play ic then you will have a hard time with this.

Last edited by Fritz : 05-15-2003 at 08:07 AM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:07 AM   #177
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hornace's trial is a fabulous subplot. (I mean no offense)
Old 05-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #178
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

HFP has made many contacts
Old 05-15-2003, 08:38 AM   #179
Bee
Pro Starter

I'd suggest not getting your character witnesses from people here...we know you too well.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:40 AM   #180
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
If you play ic then you will have a hard time with this.

Yeah I know. I can only do Hornace-speak so long. The above account obviously isnt the way Hornace would tell it. I intend to ask for a defense preferably human deciphering me to plead my case.

Depending on how this goes, it may be Hornace's self-exodus from Mikona in which case he will move to Elysia and look to join the elven forces for this wrongdoing. In other words, I wont be in Mikona unless invisible to go back to the sewers, which also means I wont be able to help some of our new folk out much unless I give stuff to Fritz.

I am not sure what "penalty" I will suffer but it should be fun. I will be found guilty, I don't doubt that.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:45 AM   #181
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Depending on how this goes, it may be Hornace's self-exodus from Mikona in which case he will move to Elysia and look to join the elven forces for this wrongdoing. In other words, I wont be in Mikona unless invisible to go back to the sewers, which also means I wont be able to help some of our new folk out much unless I give stuff to Fritz.

ah, I have been getting tired of Mikona anyway...

HFP - Yubbayubbafritzooooom may have a solution for part of your trial problems.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:07 AM   #182
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Does the gnome want to defend me? That would be cool.

I know that Kari was fined 5000 gold for trespassing and hasnt been sentenced yet. I may have to borrow 1000 from you fritz hehe.

Anyways I am going to post in the bulletin board over there that I will turn myself in to the authorities. I missed the whole lich killing everyone event that happened earlier (but again that wasnt our fault). I'll try to arrange a time or something so you can defend me.

I am going to try and join the tnanshi army. This means I will kill the Mchek soldiers for wronging me in the borderlands.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:11 AM   #183
Daimyo
College Starter

Other than the mines, my character much prefers Elysia... I considered joining the T'Nanshi army before anyway.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:15 AM   #184
Daimyo
College Starter

DOLA... plus I already wanted to work to undermine the OoG too
Old 05-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #185
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I just attempted to make the land travel from Elysia to Mikona alone... that didn't go too well. I got ambushed by some half-elf thieves, and then escaped into teh arms of a wraith spider... anyway I couldn't get away, and succumbed.

I was revived in a temple in the wilderness keep, and then traveled back north and west to Western T'Nanshi, where I finally recovered my belongings. (whew)

Along the way, I got attacked by three goblins. "Heh, goblins" I say to myself - even with no gear I can wax three goblins with maces... I "examined" them and they were listed as "effortless." Well, I must have laid 60-80 HP of damage into one goblin, and he still didn't go down, so I ended up running away from them - how pathetic.

So, I have my gear back, but am stranded out in the wilderness somewhere.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #186
Daimyo
College Starter

Supposedly there is a map with four goblins... they still have something like 4-5HD, but their HP was edited to 200 for some reason... I think they are related to a DM plot.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #187
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yeah, those would be the ones that faced me. It was weird - they could only do 1-2 point of damage when they hit me, so I felt like I had time... but I kicked the hell out of one little guy, and he barely felt it. 200HP sound about right... I think it took about 50 before he even got past "barely injured."

Anyway - I found them somewhere in Southwestern T'Nanshi, I'd say... and there was also a portal there (which was not open to me) and a chest (which turned out to be a trap - guared by some bugbears, I think - I was busy running away).
Old 05-15-2003, 10:08 AM   #188
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Does the gnome want to defend me? That would be cool.

I know that Kari was fined 5000 gold for trespassing and hasnt been sentenced yet. I may have to borrow 1000 from you fritz hehe.

Anyways I am going to post in the bulletin board over there that I will turn myself in to the authorities. I missed the whole lich killing everyone event that happened earlier (but again that wasnt our fault). I'll try to arrange a time or something so you can defend me.

I am going to try and join the tnanshi army. This means I will kill the Mchek soldiers for wronging me in the borderlands.

You may be able to defend yourself. So that you can use your RL brainpower, I would suggest getting some spells cast you to raise INT, WIS, CHR. Then, I have some (male) formalwear you can borrow as a "suit."

But, I could defend you if you lke that approach. It would certainly be in character.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:28 AM   #189
Daimyo
College Starter

So you guys didn't go to the Underdark or Dwarven Quarters? I think IC, the OoG considers the Dwarven Quarters sacred like a temple (I think it is their original temple) and that is why they don't allow trespassing there... I assume since they are practically all-powerful in Mikona, it is against the law to go there.

If you need a character witness, Daimyo Flown would be happy to help as Hornace has always helped her in the past. I was a "reconciler" until we helped that troll the other day.

PS: If Fritz's formal wear doesn't work out, I've got 5 or 6 formal gowns you could borrow
Old 05-15-2003, 10:42 AM   #190
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well this is what happened. Gloknall is confusing two events, one of which I didnt take part in.

We did go into the dwarven quarters. They attacked Kari and Kaenon on sight because they are human, so I helped defend them (they dont attack me on sight because I am an orc) Now these dwarves before they did that told quite a different tale than what the Order is telling about the building of the city. I wont say anything more.

So this leads to two possibilities. One being the Order is lying or two being they really are protecting the city. Given what the dwarves told us, I think the Order is lying and they screwed the dwarves big time but obviously I cant prove that yet.

Anyways Kari and Kaenon met up with the lich in the underdark. The underdark from what I have been told is not illegal anyways. I never encountered the lich period.

Also remember Hornace is pretty slow, so a lot of it is over his head until Kari explained it to him. By the way, talking like a dim-witted orc is pretty difficult to do in character all the time hehe. I think Hornace's intelligence is 8.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:46 AM   #191
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:

Also remember Hornace is pretty slow, so a lot of it is over his head until Kari explained it to him. By the way, talking like a dim-witted orc is pretty difficult to do in character all the time hehe. I think Hornace's intelligence is 8.

8 is not that slow. 9 to 11 is average human, so Hornace is like Marmel or just below average.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #192
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
By the way, talking like a dim-witted orc is pretty difficult to do in character all the time hehe.

And yet, we have some regular FOFC posters who manage to do it all the time, without the benefit of being "in character." Heh.

Last edited by QuikSand : 05-15-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #193
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Hehe more drama:

Yesterday, the Lich Carevok who resides in the underdark beneath Mikona launched another attack in the Marketplace. In his rage he slew every merchant, commoner, beggar and priest who frequent there. The Lich was immune to any from of attack brought against him, and he quickly slew the many brave adventurers who opposed him. The Lich mocked us as he rained death, warning us that any intrusion into this realm will result in more death and destruction upon Mikona.

In the aftermath of the attack, I was approached by a citizen who later identified himself as a member of the M'chek Special Forces. He told me that he has witnessed three adventurers entering the Dwarven Quarters below, slaying the tortured spirits in that complex. He stalked them silently for some time, observing thier actions.

Now it has been noted many times that the Lich claims all of the underdark under Mikona his domain. His attacks on the city are a direct result of irresponsible adventurers and looters penatrating his domain. These trepassers share at least some of the blame for the death and sorrow laid on the marketplace.

That being said I hearby charge them with Trepassing onto Church of Gorethar property, and reckless endangerment of the City Of Mikona.

The individuals charged are:

Kari Tal'Rathe
Hornace Purpletoad
Kaenon Nightstalker

I am wating for the account of the Special Forces soldier to render a verdict. Due to the nature of his duties, his identity cannot be revealed. A sworn statement will be delivered by his superiors on this matter.

I ask the City of Mikona make a statement concering adventuring in the underdark. Reckless plunderig beneath Mikona has lead to deaths of many innocent people, and is a direct threat to the well being of the entire city.

My thanks go to the many adventurers who sacrificed thier lives in defense of the city, and who help restore to life many of the slain innocents.

Once again the Order of Gorethar asks that NO ONE enter the dwarven quarters, and go below into the underdark. You are putting the entire city at risk in your greed.

May Gorethar protect us all,

Gloknall Heartcrusher, High Ordained member of the Order of Gorethar.

The "informant" obviously didnt see the 2 other members that were with us, which is why I am going to protest it being heresay and also ask for a description of where we were.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #194
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

no wigfecta for sachmo
Old 05-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #195
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

This is absolutely amazing. By the way, I did watch the 10 minute GameSpot video demo online and my only thought that it would have very cool if it was more of a first-person view.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:13 AM   #196
QuikSand
lolzcat

Heh, as I am reading this business above ("Once again the Order of Gorethar asks that NO ONE enter the dwarven quarters, and go below into the underdark.") my character is online, and dawdling through the underdark. Great timing.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:21 PM   #197
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quik - I just went to Elysia to meet up with you. then you were gone.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #198
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Looks like a hard crash for the Elysia server. not exactly where I want to go solo....
Old 05-15-2003, 07:55 PM   #199
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yeah, I agree... I',m not too keen on the idea myself. Maybe it's time for a server trick... doesn't seem too unfair to me.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:07 PM   #200
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

yes...

I started in the docks with a 29 min freeze