Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Trojans gets Falah as expected but also get Eddie Vanderdoes which is an absolutely huge commitment and not expected at all. If this class sticks, it's an all-timer

Yep. Great class! I thought Vanderdoes was all Duck - big surprise! Going to be time pressure for more to commit before all of the spots fill up. Only 4 or 5 (if Darreus Rogers doesn't qualify) spots left.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #152
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yep. Great class! I thought Vanderdoes was all Duck - big surprise! Going to be time pressure for more to commit before all of the spots fill up. Only 4 or 5 (if Darreus Rogers doesn't qualify) spots left.

4 or 5? Last I checked you guys only had 1-2 left, assuming Ramsey commits. You were already at like 9-10 commits before the commits from the past few days, and you only have 15 rides.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #153
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Regardless, BTW, damn good class, assuming it sticks. USC turned the sanctions around and made recruits commit early to "keep their spot". Smart strategy.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #154
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Scout has USC listed at having one spot left.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
4 or 5? Last I checked you guys only had 1-2 left, assuming Ramsey commits. You were already at like 9-10 commits before the commits from the past few days, and you only have 15 rides.

We can take 18 (with 3 EE's) if Rogers qualifies, 19 (with 4 EE's) if he doesn't. We already have 4 good candidates for those EE spots as Ty Isaac's school has approved his request to be allowed to graduate early.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

How many EEs did you have last year?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How many EEs did you have last year?

I don't recall for sure, but I think 4? I think that only 12 of last year's class counted towards the 15, but I'm positive we have 3 EE's available this year and 1 more if Rogers doesn't academically qualify.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #158
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't recall for sure, but I think 4? I think that only 12 of last year's class counted towards the 15, but I'm positive we have 3 EE's available this year and 1 more if Rogers doesn't academically qualify.
Yeah, everything I've read is that USC can take up to 18 if they get 3 early entry kids. They'll probably get even more commits than that and pare back as they get to Signing Day, or ask some kids to greyshirt.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Yeah, everything I've read is that USC can take up to 18 if they get 3 early entry kids. They'll probably get even more commits than that and pare back as they get to Signing Day, or ask some kids to greyshirt.

Some offers won't be there anymore if the kids don't commit soon. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kiffin pulls offers if kids take visits after committing. They already have at least 4 kids on pace to be EE's.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #160
MrBug708
Head Coach

UCLA landed Christian Morris!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Ouch. A tweet from Raekwon McMillian, a five star recruit in the 2014 class......

Quote:
"Got letters from Penn St. ,, they ALL went in the trash lol"
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 star CB (likely soon to get his 5th) Jalen Ramsey committed to USC today. His commitment puts USC at #1 in the Rivals Rankings.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #163
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is he getting Nico's fourth star?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 star S Max Redfield committed to USC today. They also got a commitment for 2014 from OL Casey Tucker.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #165
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

And so it begins, Ross Douglas, 4* CB, commits to Michigan after he was committed to PSU. He de-committed from PSU, and Michigan offered again. Losing the guy is one thing. Losing him to an in conference rival is worse.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-nittany-lions

Last edited by Matthean : 07-24-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #166
muns
Pro Starter

Penn State Nittany Lions -- Silas Redd undecided as other players get openly recruited - ESPN

This to me again is just sending the wrong message and is just plain stupid by the ncaa.

So you are going to let other college coaches go to the campus and camp outside their football facility? They are making the "us vs the world" argument even worse.

Quote:
In the 48 hours since the NCAA levied unprecedented sanctions against the program, an extraordinary recruiting frenzy has played out on Penn State's campus, where players are working out. At noon Wednesday, several groups of coaches from opposing teams were waiting in the Lasch Football Building parking lot to recruit Penn State players.

"Our players are in our building right now and they don't want to leave the building because there are coaches from other schools in the parking lot waiting to see them," said O'Brien, who spent the morning at ESPN's Bristol, Conn. campus.

Last edited by muns : 07-25-2012 at 01:06 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #167
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Penn State Nittany Lions -- Silas Redd undecided as other players get openly recruited - ESPN

This to me again is just sending the wrong message and is just plain stupid by the ncaa.

So you are going to let other college coaches go to the campus and camp outside their football facility? They are making the "us vs the world" argument even worse.

Is your issue that they're allowing the players to be recruited, or that they're allowing opposing schools on PSU's campus to recruit them?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #168
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Is your issue that they're allowing the players to be recruited, or that they're allowing opposing schools on PSU's campus to recruit them?

On campus to recruit them. They can call however many times a day that it is allowed and set up visits, heck I wouldn't mind them coming to campus if that kid wanted them to be there (I understand some might now have cars and such to go off campus). Just to sit out and camp there, or to come feel them out though seems wrong to me.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #169
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I find this weird

Quarterback Tate Martell, 14, commits to Washington Huskies - ESPN
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #170
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My guess is this is mostly about publicity for Clarkson. A number of his pupils have signed with Sark, and this may be a return favor of sorts.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #171
MrBug708
Head Coach

Tosh playing Xbox?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #172
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vernon Hargreaves picks Florida as he didnt want to compete
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #173
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Vernon Hargreaves picks Florida as he didnt want to compete

This is big for Rutgers fans. 4* CB Nadir Barnwell had RU and Florida in his top 2, and he was heading down there for their Friday Night Lights camp this weekend. Hargreaves is their 3rd DB commit so they might be done.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 star DE Jason Hatcher committed to USC today. He is their 17th commitment.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #175
tarcone
Coordinator

Isnt USC limited to 15 schollies?
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Isnt USC limited to 15 schollies?

They have four EEs, so they can take up to 19 players, so long as four of them fill the EE spots.

They could also grayshirt players, although not sure that would help them too much since that just takes away scholies from the 2014 class.

I haven't seen official confirmation yet, but I believe they are getting Silas Redd to transfer in from PSU, too. He will take up one of those "EE" spots.

USC is indeed reaching the end of their scholies, though. Kennard getting hurt and maybe redshirting won't help either, since they are also still limited by 75 rides total for their roster and they are pretty close to right at that limit.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC got a commit from 4 star DE Torrodney Prevot out of Houston today. A surprising commit who wasn't high on the radar.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #178
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wonder where Fitts will go now
Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not a 2013 recruit, but Penn State running back Silas Redd is transferring to USC and will play immediately bolstering the depth for a NC run.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #180
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not a 2013 recruit, but Penn State running back Silas Redd is transferring to USC and will play immediately bolstering the depth for a NC run.

I'm shocked somebody wants to leave a hell hole and go play for a title.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #181
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still skeptical USC's depth overall will hold out enough to allow for an undefeated season, but getting Redd helps a great deal in adding quality depth to one of their thinnest positions.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #182
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

dola -

Washington lands a pretty good OL prospect in Sean Harlow (son of former USC 1st round pick Pat Harlow). He's a 3-star in both Scout.com and Rivals.com databases, but his offer list suggests he may be underrated as he supposedly had offers from everyone in the Pac-12 other than USC & Stanford, plus Nebraska, Wisconsin & Boise State among others.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #183
Logan
Head Coach

Zach Bradshaw decommitted from Penn State. He's a 3* WR with good size and a nice offer list.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #184
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hoosiers score four-star Antonio Allen - On The Trail Blog - ESPN

Hoosiers get commitment from 4* safety Antonio Allen. Please, not repeat of the Gunner Kiel recruitment...
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #185
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
UCLA Bruins coach Jim Mora says 'We don't have murders one block off our campus' - ESPN Los Angeles
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #186
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

USC under investigation for possible major violations.

Report -- NCAA looking into allegations surrounding former USC Trojans players - ESPN Los Angeles
Old 09-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

What's stupid about this is that the Joe McKnight thing was all over the local boards and the local Internet talk right around the same time the NCAA was wrapping up the Bush investigation. Everyone presumed at the time that the McKnight thing would be a part of that, and then the NCAA publication on the sanctions didn't mention one word of it.

It's really odd to see this be "breaking news" now.

It was suggested at the time that the NCAA would continue to look into McKnight, but honestly, I don't think anyone believed it.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #188
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I ain't got no particular love for Clemson, but I hate to see crap like this.

Robert Nkemdiche’s mother “unhappy” with Clemson, per ESPN | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #189
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Ricky Seals-Jones might have blown out a knee in his high school game tonight. He was carted off the field in an air cast.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #190
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Ricky Seals-Jones might have blown out a knee in his high school game tonight. He was carted off the field in an air cast.

Seems less severe. Ricky Seals-Jones suffers knee injury - Texas Longhorns Blog - ESPN
Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #191
cartman
Death Herald

Hopefully that is the case. They had the game on at the bar last night, and he was in a lot of pain when they carted him off.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #192
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Oops.

Four-star Alabama recruit Deon Johnson charged with second-degree rape - ESPN
Old 09-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #193
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Was it a legitimate rape?
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #194
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I ain't got no particular love for Clemson, but I hate to see crap like this.

Robert Nkemdiche’s mother “unhappy” with Clemson, per ESPN | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Its a non-issue his mother has no legal guardianship over him. She has rarely been a part of his life. She is out of the country because she ran off with a flavor of the month.

His legal guardian is one of the HS assistant coaches whose natural son just enrolled at Clemson as a walk on QB after giving up a scholly to Ole Miss...

There are people who may influence Robert's decision. I do not think Clemson is a done deal here, BUT his mom's opinion will play ZERO factor.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #195
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
First, RN is a high 3.8+ guy and scored a 1100 SAT as a Junior....he will full qualify anywhere he wants to play....

He seems to disagree.

"The first thing I have to take care of is my grades. I will take the ACT for the first time on May 5th. Right now, I have a 2.6 GPA and I want to improve that as well."

Still in full qualifier range, but not a ton of breathing room. Hopefully he buckles down his senior year.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #196
cartman
Death Herald

CmfThirdPartyHeader - Houston Chronicle

An MRI shows that Ricky Seals-Jones didn't suffer any ligament damage, and won't need surgery.

Last edited by cartman : 09-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #197
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So what's going on with Eddie Printz and UCLA? They withdrew his offer, for what reason? It certainly doesn't look good for the school to be doing that. I think that's twice with Georgia players that I can recall. At first I thought he decommitted because of Hundley, but now it's being reported that they've pulled his offer.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #198
Logan
Head Coach

Since I've seen him talked about here...

Reports: Texas No Longer Recruiting Ricky Seals-Jones - SBNation.com
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #199
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So what's going on with Eddie Printz and UCLA? They withdrew his offer, for what reason? It certainly doesn't look good for the school to be doing that. I think that's twice with Georgia players that I can recall. At first I thought he decommitted because of Hundley, but now it's being reported that they've pulled his offer.

The offer was never pulled, but he was told he might as well start looking around. The usual, we'll keep you, but you'll never play.

I'm assuming you read the AJC article? To make a long story short, the dad signed onto ucla.scout.com and was ripping his sons recruiting evaluation by the staff of scout.

Much ado about nothing, but since the coaches cannot comment on kids, they are the victim 10 times out of 10.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #200
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I saw it in passing on twitter yesterday and then a short article this morning, but not sure where from. Initially reports on twitter were he decommitted. I guess the spin from his dad/coach this morning has changed the discussion. I know it's probably not all that unusual, but if it's true they kept stringing him along for months and then started giving him hints he ought to look elsewhere without coming out and telling him they don'twant him and why, then I can understand the frustration from the family.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote