Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #151
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Last night was just a filler episode. We all knew what would happen. Next week hopefully we'll see some fireworks.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #152
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It's at this point in the series that the ponderosa online videos are more entertaining than the actual show.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #153
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think Albert just failed to think big enough. Edna was not the right move. COACH was the right move. Get rid of Coach and then

Loose Cannon Brandon has nowhere to go and explodes
Clingy Edna has no where to go
Worthless Rick has no one to obey anymore
Coach-in-training Cochran just has to marvel at your "big moves"

I think I agree with Jim about Cochran being a coward still...and Sophie...and rick... and...

I think it's too late to make a move now. Things seem all Boston-Robbed up.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #154
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As much as I hate "THe story so far" episodes, that one was pretty funny and did open up some mysteries and answer some questions.

Coach making fun of Ozzy was awesome as was Cochran mocking Keith's sports metaphors.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
As much as I hate "THe story so far" episodes, that one was pretty funny and did open up some mysteries and answer some questions.

Coach making fun of Ozzy was awesome as was Cochran mocking Keith's sports metaphors.

I usually turn these episodes off but I actually watched this one. It was entertaining. I also loved seeing coach making fun of Ozzy. Didn't realize those two were that much of a couple either.

I didn't care much for Coach with his treatment of the girl that was feeling sick. Thought that was rather immature from someone that is supposed to be "above" that by the way he tries to carry himself.

What on earth is Cochran thinking telling some of those stories? Does he think people actually want to hear them? "I didn't want people to hear me going to the bathroom so I went in my pants." Seriously? Granted, he was a kid when that happened but why on earth tell that story? Especially to a hot chick. That is no way to make an impression.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #156
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Because that is what socially awkward people do.

Incidently it was interesting that RIck actually said something about the game. Whoa. Heavy.

And it is clear to me that Sophie has never seen a season of this show before.

Coach has got to make up his frigging mind just who he wants to take with him now. Is he going to pull a Colby and take people who "Deserve to be there"? Actually I don't think any of them deserve anything as none of them are really playing.

Bick and Brandon are just not going to get votes. Cochrane I don't know...Cochrane will not get votes from anyone on Savaii at this point. He could have gotten Dawn's but I don't think so anymore.

I don't see anyone but Coach winning at this point. They should have taken him out last week.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #157
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Incidently it was interesting that RIck actually said something about the game. Whoa. Heavy.
I know, right? I told my wife that that was the first time I remember a confessional from him.

It was interesting to see how they reined in Brandon. I was wondering why he hadn't erupted more after the merge.

I'm not sure if last night's episode was more positive than negative for Cochran. Is he more likeable after last night's episode? Probably. He is more pathetic? Probably. His story about shitting his pants was both pathetic and strikingly endearing at the same time. It's not enough to make me want to pull for him as an underdog, but it's enough to feel badly for him.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #158
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Last night's episode definitely makes me confident that Cochran isn't going out in 7th place. He got more screen time than anyone but Coach and that doesn't make sense if he's getting voted out in the next episode.

Ozzy came across as an even bigger douche than usual. Keith and Whitney are idiots for talking about trying to not let people know they are a couple while they cuddle together in the hammock.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #159
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Last night's episode definitely makes me confident that Cochran isn't going out in 7th place. He got more screen time than anyone but Coach and that doesn't make sense if he's getting voted out in the next episode.

Ozzy came across as an even bigger douche than usual. Keith and Whitney are idiots for talking about trying to not let people know they are a couple while they cuddle together in the hammock.

Agreed with all. BTW, Whitney just got married before going on the show. Glad her Jesus cross protects her from adultery with Keith!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Agreed with all. BTW, Whitney just got married before going on the show. Glad her Jesus cross protects her from adultery with Keith!

Have a feeling there is a divorce in her near future if that is the case.

Edit: She could be served the papers live on the reunion show; how awesme would that be.

Last edited by EagleFan : 11-24-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #161
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

More awesome than awesome!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #162
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

If you missed tonight's episode, you'll be able to see highlights in a few years on CNN running behind the headline "Former Reality Contestant Murders Dozens".
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Never thought I would be saying this about tonight's result (prior to the last couple weeks at least)...

that sucked.

This further confirms my view of coach; once a douchebag, always a douchebag.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #164
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
If you missed tonight's episode, you'll be able to see highlights in a few years on CNN running behind the headline "Former Reality Contestant Murders Dozens".

Witnesses heard him saying "The!" "Tribe! "Has!" "Spoken!" with each stab of the knife.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #165
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Can we just not have any more religious people on Survivor?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #166
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If this show is truly 100% real, then Brandon is going to be fucked up for the rest of his life.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #167
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I haven't been fully paying attention. Is Coach really religious, or is he just amazing at playing Survivor?

I thought he was some kind of aztec spirit a few seasons ago.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #168
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I am relatively new to Survivor, but we have seen some absolutely idiotic gameplay this season. People should have turned on coach weeks ago. There isn't a single person who has a snowball's chance of beating him.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #169
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Purely on strategy, why didn't Coach just keep captain crazypants around? He's obviously no jury threat to him, and backstabbing the kid like that could be the sort of thing that turns what should be an easy jury against him.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I almost want either Ozzy or Brandon to win this thing now.

Albert might be the least objectionable at this point.

Always hated coach and his honor and integrity crap. Apparantly honor and integrity means not voting against him. He's as big of a bully as he accuses others of being.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #171
Suicane75
Coordinator

Coach did the right thing. Brandon can't see through Alberts bullshit. Coach had to get rid of him, it's nothing but strategy. The mental case can't be reasoned with.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #172
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Can we just not have any more religious people on Survivor?

No kidding. I swear I will find some way to supply CBS with the million dollar prize for next season if they promise to cast 18 atheists.

I'm an agnatheist myself and Coach is still offending me on behalf of actual real Christians. What a perversion of religion we're seeing this year, especially from him. All the way back to the group prayer to find the idol when he already had it. There's been an interesting discussion on another board about what you would do as an atheist on a tribe like this? Do you suck it up and join in the constant endless group prayers so as not to be ostracized? My guess is that's the deal with Sophie.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #173
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Purely on strategy, why didn't Coach just keep captain crazypants around? He's obviously no jury threat to him, and backstabbing the kid like that could be the sort of thing that turns what should be an easy jury against him.

I thought the same thing.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 AM   #174
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Really all five of them are idiots. And it was funny that the biggest idiot had to give up his idol to help them make their next idiot move.

They should have used Edna to make any of the moves they wanted. Really Albert and Coach have been the only ones playing this game. Unfortunately for Albert he was in with the stupid crowd.

Yes Coach is as much a nut as Brandon but at least Coach is playing the game. He really needed to get rid of the whole Hantz thing.

And I think that's why he voted Brandon. Coach was really voting for Russell and Brandon's dad instead of merely for Brandon.

Really hoping Ozzy toughs it out and comes back. He probably can't believe his ears at all the crap that's gone down. (not that he was a good social / strategy player either)
Old 12-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #175
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

My favorite part of this was watching the jury go "WTF?!?!?!?"
Kieth 's head was about to explode. Whitney was laughing her butt off and Jim and Dawn were just "WTF!"
Old 12-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #176
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is Brandon the craziest player ever on Survivor? Dude needs major therapy.

I can't help but root against players who wear Jesus on their sleeve. Do these people really think that God gives a crap about Survivor? Same thing applies in sports.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
. Do these people really think that God gives a crap about Survivor? Same thing applies in sports.

Usually I would agree, but Tim Tebow has me questioning everything I used to think.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #178
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Wow, Coach and Sophie thinking that Brandon is a jury threat? That's a bizarre miscalculation that could cost either of them $1 million.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #179
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So am I wrong or is it basically Coach or Ozzie for the $1M now?

I guess it could be Angry Girl or Moustache Dude, since they doesn't seem batshit insane and could maybe get a few votes if somebody implodes in front of the jury. But Coach has basically played the Boston Rob strategy or surrounding himself with coat-tail riding losers all the way to the end. If Ozzie makes the finals then his bitter former tribemates will probably all vote for him (is that enough votes to win?) but I can't really see anyone else being a threat.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #180
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
So am I wrong or is it basically Coach or Ozzie for the $1M now?

I guess it could be Angry Girl or Moustache Dude, since they doesn't seem batshit insane and could maybe get a few votes if somebody implodes in front of the jury. But Coach has basically played the Boston Rob strategy or surrounding himself with coat-tail riding losers all the way to the end.

Except he just voted out one of his goats (Brandon) and kept a jury threat (Sophie) in the game. If this was Boston Rob, he'd be going to the finals with Brandon for sure, and then either Edna or Rick. Also, the jury has not been reacting well to Coach at tribal councils.

Quote:
If Ozzie makes the finals then his bitter former tribemates will probably all vote for him (is that enough votes to win?) but I can't really see anyone else being a threat.

There are 5 Savaii on the jury, but one of them is Cochran. With 9 total jurors, he needs either Cochran's vote, an Upolu vote, or the other people in the F3 to split votes.

I'm rooting for Albert, since he's the only one whose been playing the game all season long. But it's a difficult road to the finals for him. He'll be safe if Ozzy doesn't win immunity at F5, but then I think he'll have to win immunity at F4.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #181
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
There are 5 Savaii on the jury, but one of them is Cochran.
Oh, I could totally see Cochran voting for Ozzie. Would be the sort of fake redemption/one last strategic move that he'd probably be dying for.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #182
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh, I could totally see Cochran voting for Ozzie. Would be the sort of fake redemption/one last strategic move that he'd probably be dying for.

Maybe, but Cochran has also stated in interviews that he'd be hesitant to vote for someone who returned from Redemption Island. I think if Albert gets to the end, he will get Cochran's vote. Outside of that, who knows.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #183
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Cochran is going to vote for Coach at the end I'm sure of it. Albert is good no matter who wins redemption. He and Ozzy will hook up no doubt. I just hope Ozzy wins redemption. Because Coach now HAS to keep his word and get Ozzy to the end.

So I can see a Coach Ozzy Albert (since everyone but Brandon hates Albert)
In that final 3 I totally see Ozzy winning as Coach and Albert will spend the whole jury episode arguing with each other.

If Brandon wins, Albert is toast. Albert just doesn't have the drive to win immunity. It will probably be Rick Sophie Coach in that case at the end.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #184
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Cochran is going to vote for Coach at the end I'm sure of it. Albert is good no matter who wins redemption. He and Ozzy will hook up no doubt. I just hope Ozzy wins redemption. Because Coach now HAS to keep his word and get Ozzy to the end.

How is Albert good at F4 if it is Coach, Sophie, and Rick? They will vote him out there if he doesn't have immunity. I think Cochran will vote for Albert over Coach because Albert was the one person who actually tried to help him.

Quote:
So I can see a Coach Ozzy Albert (since everyone but Brandon hates Albert)
In that final 3 I totally see Ozzy winning as Coach and Albert will spend the whole jury episode arguing with each other.

If Brandon wins, Albert is toast. Albert just doesn't have the drive to win immunity. It will probably be Rick Sophie Coach in that case at the end.[/quote]

It doesn't matter who wins RI. Rick, Sophie, Coach is the current internal alliance. Whoever comes back from RI + Albert will be the next two to go unless they win immunity.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #185
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sophie really packed on weight between the end of taping and tonight's live episode
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #186
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Kind of a crappy season overall. Too predictable after the Cochran move and not many people that were likeable when all was said and done.

Plus there wasn't much in terms of eye candy either. Makayla and the one that was attached to Ozzy early were about the only ones.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #187
Swaggs
Coordinator

This was one of those few seasons where I checked out early and gave up after a few weeks. I've probably only done that four or five times throughout the series, but this one never hooked me.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #188
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Still reeling from the big surprise they revealed at the live show: Brandon is really k.d. lang
Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #189
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

can't really think of anyone I would have liked to see win. Even Ozzy was pretty insufferable for a lot of the game. Honestly, towards the end I was kind of rooting for Brandon, which is really telling about how meh the competitors were this year.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #190
Landshark44
High School Varsity

was makayla at the reunion show? i didn't see her..........
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #191
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
can't really think of anyone I would have liked to see win. Even Ozzy was pretty insufferable for a lot of the game. Honestly, towards the end I was kind of rooting for Brandon, which is really telling about how meh the competitors were this year.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Brandon was the least objectionable of the final 6, and it may have saved his future victims. Pretty much once it got to the merge I can't think of anyone that I would want to win from that group. Maybe Dawn if she had figured out a better way to work herself into a position to win instead of trying to please her tribe by staying in step with them.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #192
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post
was makayla at the reunion show? i didn't see her..........

Good question, I didn't notice her either. Though it seemed that only Brandon, Coach and Cochran made it to the show, other than Sophie.

Oh, and the girl that got married before the she and already divorced I guess.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #193
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Sophie was the best player, she just played a TV-unfriendly game. There was never any reason for her to make a huge move. Her moves were largely picking the right alliance at the beginning, talking Albert out of several shakeups at a few different points post-merge, not constantly pronouncing herself the paragon of honor and integrity, and beating Ozzy in the last challenge. She never had any reason to mutiny against Coach, because she thought she would beat him at FTC, and she did.

The presence of Redemption Island and the lack of tribal switches pretty much prevent most strategic shake-ups. People get way too welded to their tribes without switches. I'm not at all surprised after these last two seasons that they're going to have two tribes share a beach next time. Good idea. I predict there will be dramatically less tribal loyalty next season, and that will hopefully make for a TV-friendlier game.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 12-18-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:16 AM   #194
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Still have no idea how coach lost. Exept that he totally gave it away during final tribal. He did all the right things (aside from the honor bullshit). It was his to lose and he lost it. Maybe deservedly so.

Was rooting for Ozzy to win because the other 3 were just too annoying. Would have preferred Albert to Sophie I think. Ah but it's all water under the bridge.

Don't think Brandon's as nutty as you think EF but he's a very on the edge kinda guy. I mean after he was voted out he seemed indeed like he had no idea what the whole thing was about and was just happy to be out of it, no real regrets. At the reunion he was actually likable.

His family is a pile of dung that's for sure. Glad he's at peace though.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #195
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmm just remembering how much albert blew it by not voting sohpie out when he had the chance. He had rick and ozzy but didn't make the move. He was also stupid with brandon's question. I still am not sure why he got no votes seeing as how sophie wasn't a great candidate either. I think makybe it was coach just looking so weak and giving sophie props she didn't really deserve.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #196
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
hmmm just remembering how much albert blew it by not voting sohpie out when he had the chance. He had rick and ozzy but didn't make the move. He was also stupid with brandon's question. I still am not sure why he got no votes seeing as how sophie wasn't a great candidate either. I think makybe it was coach just looking so weak and giving sophie props she didn't really deserve.

I think there was a good candidate with those three-she won more immunity challenges than them-a woman against those four athletic males she was with at the end there. And the come from behind win in the final immunity challenge to beat both Coach and Ozzy was huge-and she didn't even bring it up in the final Tribal which was a mistake on her part I think. Albert was too shady, and Coach really lost it in the last couple weeks when his "honor and integrity" went out the window and betrayed both Brandon and Rick, plus openly courting Ozzy for a Final 3.

And I think her breakdown in the previous Tribal helped to soften the hearts of some of the jury-especially Dawn, and made her more likeable. Even if Jeff Probst tried to belittle her for breaking down. And hey jury I hope you listened to Edna-all those stupid comments they made before she made her speech. If things had gone the other way and the other tribe was in control after the merge-they would have had to betray and lie to each other just like Coach's tribe did. You got outplayed by an alliance that held strong since day 1 and alienated Cochran to the point that he jumped to the other side.

Do we know who voted for Coach besides Cochran? Loved that Jeff rubbed it on Coach by asking for a vote if it was Albert, Rick, and him in the Final 3. Not taking Rick to the Final 3 was mindboggling-yeah he seemed like a nice loyal guy, but he won nothing and was out of most challenges early on. Albert kept saying how it was a mistake to take Sophie to the Final Three, and Coach didn't listen.

Oh and if there is a Brandon vs Russell Survivor-it will be the first Survivor I don't watch-until/if they both are voted out. I hope never to see a Hanse family member on that show/reunions. Previews for the new Survivor looked interesting-sharing an island and hopefully no Redemption Island.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #197
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Albert fancied himself as a strong player, but he was pretty much completely useless. He wasn't very good in challenges, was not good socially and his strategy pretty much was to ride Coach's coattails to the end. He was Phillip without the crazy and I think he was genuinely surprised to get no votes.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #198
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Still have no idea how coach lost.

When you get to the final tribal council and there is a relatively meek and quiet female who "backed" her way into it, she's going to win because everyone is pissed off at the other one or two folks on the council. This has happened season after season. Never ever take the female who has played a "weak" game to the end with you.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #199
Suicane75
Coordinator

Coach lost because of the loyalty mantra and the religious shit. Not just that he did it but that he did it over and over and over to everyone. It's one thing to be betrayed, guys have talked their way out of doing that before. It's another thing to be betrayed by someone spouting how honest and religious he is.

Albert was absolutely useless and his performance at the final tribal was embarrassing. It's never a good sign when people are laughing at you. He was stammering and double talking right to the end, just like Coach. Neither one of them really owned their game. Sophie owned her game, she won challenges, she stayed true to her alliance without making promises to anyone and everyone.

Coach and Albert particularly looked weak when compared to Brandon who for all his crazy, made promises and stuck to them and was as brutally honest about his intentions as anyone has ever been.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #200
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
When you get to the final tribal council and there is a relatively meek and quiet female who "backed" her way into it, she's going to win because everyone is pissed off at the other one or two folks on the council. This has happened season after season. Never ever take the female who has played a "weak" game to the end with you.

How does Sophie fall into that category? She's clearly intelligent, has a very strategic mind (despite the breakdown at F5, her arguments at FTC were by far the most game-centric and clinical of the three), and won three post-merge challenges, including the one that finally knocked out Ozzy. She didn't back into anything. She just wasn't particularly interesting TV.