Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #151
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

If this were Sony sponsored because they needed to move units, they would have chosen someone other than Wal-Mart since Wal-Mart does not send in their data to the NPD (which estimates the 40% or so of the market not directly covered) thereby causing Sony to miss out on key messageboard kudos and positive PR.

Looks like I'm buying the bundle at Wal-Mart then and putting the gift card towards GTA4 and MLB: The Show.

Edit: Oh damn I hope the gift card isn't Blu-Ray only...

Edit2: Checking over at Cheep Ass Gamers it seems like it will indeed be a general gift-card, not limited to just Blu-Rays.

Last edited by Big Fo : 06-02-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #152
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
Actually, I think the $100 Gift Card is to help Wal-Mart move Blu-Ray movies more than anything since they just got into the market of selling catalog Blu-Ray instead of just New Releases.

It is the main reason. Cartman's argument obviously has little basis in fact or substance. Wal-Mart is now a major partner with Sony in regards to Blu-ray. Due to the new sub $300 player that they now carry, they are very much invested in the HD movie market and stand to make large profits with the advancement of BR hardware and software.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #153
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

Edit2: Checking over at Cheep Ass Gamers it seems like it will indeed be a general gift-card, not limited to just Blu-Rays.

Sony paid marketing dollars to have Wal-Mart produce gift cards with Blu-ray logos on them, but the cards are just general gift cards in function.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #154
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
If this were Sony sponsored because they needed to move units, they would have chosen someone other than Wal-Mart since Wal-Mart does not send in their data to the NPD (which estimates the 40% or so of the market not directly covered) thereby causing Sony to miss out on key messageboard kudos and positive PR.

Looks like I'm buying the bundle at Wal-Mart then and putting the gift card towards GTA4 and MLB: The Show.

Yeah, the Gift Card has a Blu-Ray "advertisement" on it, not saying you could only use it towards Blu-Ray. Sorry if that was a bit confusing.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #155
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Good news for consumers who are holding off to buy a PS3 until the MGS4 bundle is released. A scan of the upcoming Wal-Mart circular which is making the rounds on the internet shows that anyone that purchases a MGS4 PS3 bundle will receive a $100 Wal-Mart gift card. Amazing that they would run this good of a promotion on a system seller, but I'm sure no one will complain.

Quote:
It is the main reason. Cartman's argument obviously has little basis in fact or substance. Wal-Mart is now a major partner with Sony in regards to Blu-ray. Due to the new sub $300 player that they now carry, they are very much invested in the HD movie market and stand to make large profits with the advancement of BR hardware and software.

So, in the span of a few posts, you go from touting the $100 card as an unexpected "gift" to it being part of a master plan for Blu-Ray. How could I have missed that logical progression?

I base my statement on the probability that Sony was spooked that GTA4 didn't move as many systems as they expected, and they are going to give up a lot more than they probably need to in order to move more PS3s with MSG4.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 06-02-2008 at 08:00 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #156
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
And that's certainly not the argument that SackAttack or I were making as he correctly stated. The only argument that either of us made previously was that they MSRP of $30-35 isn't anywhere near what most people pay for BR discs. BR discs, much like DVD's, are always on sale. You may not know this about the industry, but most new release DVD's released even today have a MSRP between $25-30, but it's just as inaccurate for me to say that most DVD's sell for that price.

Could you be any more condescending?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #157
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I guess you can.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #158
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I guess you can.

Haven't you learned by now?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #159
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So, Metal Gear Solid ps3 with a 100 dollar gift card, for 500? When does this start and how long does it run for?

I can get one any day of the week for 10% off with employee discount, but I'll probably spend 100 or so at walmart on food anyways.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #160
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Haven't you learned by now?

Go find an EA game to overhype.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So, Metal Gear Solid ps3 with a 100 dollar gift card, for 500? When does this start and how long does it run for?

I can get one any day of the week for 10% off with employee discount, but I'll probably spend 100 or so at walmart on food anyways.

Starts on release day and runs for the rest of that week.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #162
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I base my statement on the probability that Sony was spooked that GTA4 didn't move as many systems as they expected, and they are going to give up a lot more than they probably need to in order to move more PS3s with MSG4.

Had the marketing deal with Wal-Mart been done less than a month ago, you'd be correct, but that's not the case. Wal-Mart and Sony have been working on the sub-$300 and Blu-ray gift card promotion for longer than that.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #163
stevew
Hall Of Famer

A magnavox shitbox BD player for 300 bucks is not going to make a difference. I'd be shocked, anyways, if it did.

Maybe if it was around 150ish.

Last edited by stevew : 06-03-2008 at 12:06 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #164
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
A magnavox shitbox BD player for 300 bucks is not going to make a difference. I'd be shocked, anyways, if it did.

Maybe if it was around 150ish.

While I agree with you as far as the quality and whether I would buy it, Wal-Mart made a large wad of cash off selling a ton of Magnavox and Funai 'shitbox' DVD players. And it wouldn't be surprising at all to see a 'shitbox' BD player out at sub $200 by fall of '09. It's not that far off.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #165
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Go find an EA game to overhype.

Read the uniform blog.. you'll love it!

http://www.pastapadre.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #166
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This seems appropriate for the thread, so...

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #167
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Read the uniform blog.. you'll love it!

http://www.pastapadre.com/

One word........ubertastic!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #168
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

More confirmation here in a Reuters article that Wal-Mart is making a major Blu-ray push. The deal (available June 8-14 this time) includes all Blu-ray players, not just the PS3. In addition, some recently released BR movies will be moved to $15 price points.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssC...37087820080603

Quote:
Wal-Mart pushing sales of Blu-ray players
Tue Jun 3, 2008 3:43pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - With the high definition DVD format war settled, Wal-Mart Stores Inc is now aggressively promoting sales of Blu-ray players.

The world's largest retailer said on Tuesday that from June 8-14, it is offering a $100 Wal-Mart gift card with the purchase of any Blu-ray player in its stores.

Wal-Mart has also increased the brands of Blu-ray players it sells, adding Magnavox, Samsung and Panasonic, and it will sell select Blu-ray movie titles for $15 starting June 8, including "3:10 to Yuma", "Shooter" and "300".

Until earlier this year, consumers who were seeking sharper movies on high-definition DVDs had to choose between two competing standards -- the Blu-ray high-definition DVD format, developed by Sony Corp and the rival HD DVD camp, which was backed by Toshiba Corp.

The competing standards stalled the shift to the new technology in the $24 billion home DVD market as consumers, worried they would be stuck with obsolete technology, avoided buying the players.

But in February, Wal-Mart said it planned to exclusively back the Blu-ray format and later that month, Toshiba said it would end its HD DVD business.

Wal-Mart, which has been working to boost sales of consumer electronics, also said on Tuesday it has completed the redesign of its consumer electronics department in stores nationwide.

The redesigned departments include more space for consumers to test video games, an expanded selection of GPS navigation products, a new display center for computers and a bigger selection of high-definition TVs.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-04-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #169
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Neon, that is a very good deal. GTA, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect are all great gaming experiences. I've been saving Bioshock for the summer but my students have said it is amazing. Nicely done IMHO.

I will have to say that after playing through the prologue of Mass Effect, up to the part where the lead character gets zapped unconscious by the beacon and is revived in the hospital... the game eerily feels like a space opera movie. Which is awesome.

And is that Seth Green's voice I hear as the navigator of the ship?

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-04-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 AM   #170
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, that is Seth Green.

The story gets much deeper and involving as you go, although it's great you've gotten into it this early. Some people have had trouble connecting to the story early (I didn't really) so it'll make it all the better if you like it now.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #171
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It actually helped me to get into the game by listening to the narrator explaining the history of the universe and stuff (it's like an in-game Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). I always stop playing for a while to listen/read to any new things added there.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #172
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Lots of new news coming out.

Good news for current 40 GB PS3 owners and people interested in buying one. Information has been leaked by an insider that the 40 GB console will soon have backwards compatibility. Since I'm assuming you don't speak German, the article basically states that there will be a firmware upgrade planned for October that will allow for software-based backwards compatibility on the 40 GB machine...........

http://playstation.ingame.de/content.php?c=79310&s=429

Sony cancels 'Eight Days' and 'Getaway'. Not terribly surprising given that we've heard nothing about these games for 2-3 years now. The only surprise might be that they weren't cancelled sooner.........

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...nd-the-getaway

Pretty shocking news out of Japan, where the creator of Ninja Gaiden has left Tecmo and filed a lawsuit on the day before the release of Ninja Gaiden II on the 360. There will likely be several companies looking to land his talents, including Sony and MS.......

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168056

In related news, it appears that Ninja Gaiden II is running at a resolution of 585p on the 360.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-151906.aspx

Interview with Mass Effect creator............

http://play.tm/story/18514

Update on Alan Wake. Some hope that it might come out by the end of '08, but '09 is looking much more likely...........

http://www.unscripted360.com/2008/06...n-wake-update/
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #173
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
In related news, it appears that Ninja Gaiden II is running at a resolution of 585p on the 360.

Well, since resolution is what makes a game great, I guess this game ain't worth a damn.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #174
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think Mizzou's comment about the resolution is fair given all the crap people spewed about the EA games not being 720p on PS3.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #175
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Well, since resolution is what makes a game great, I guess this game ain't worth a damn.

That's not the point at all. Ninja Gaiden II has some hiccups graphically, but it's still got a metacritic score of 81, which is generally considered a good score. The only reason I post it is because it's extremely annoying that developers continue to promise on thing and deliver another on both consoles. Usually, it's because the game is multiplatform, but that's not the case for Ninja Gaiden II. It's exclusively on the 360. They don't have any excuse.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-04-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #176
MJ4H
Coordinator

Games that are less than 1080p should be shit on, no doubt. How awful.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #177
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Games that are less than 1080p should be shit on, no doubt. How awful.

Not even 1080p. 720p should be a minimum requirement for a HD console, which is what the 360 and PS3 claim to be.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #178
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Games that are non-standard resolutions are a pain in the ass for me. My projector doesn't do any scaling on its own, and my receiver just passes through anything on the HDMI input. I basically have to create a new memory setting for each different resolution.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #179
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Not even 1080p. 720p should be a minimum requirement for a HD console, which is what the 360 and PS3 claim to be.

whoosh
Old 06-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #180
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Games that are non-standard resolutions are a pain in the ass for me. My projector doesn't do any scaling on its own, and my receiver just passes through anything on the HDMI input. I basically have to create a new memory setting for each different resolution.

The actual output is still 720P or 1080I or whatever. The 360 has video scaling hardware that makes this pretty trivial (it will auto letterbox games, for example, so you can build a 720P widescreen game and have the 360 handle the conversion to display on 480P narrow).

Where the confusion comes in is that games will render to some other buffer format, usually for performance or sometimes memory reasons, and let the scaling hardware work there as well. Rendering to something like 585P saves framebuffer space and reduces the number of pixels you have to render which speeds up overall framerate.

The big debate, of course, is the 720P "contract" vs the "how does it actually look?" question. Of course you never see these same people gripe about 13xx x 768 LCD monitors claiming "1080P" support, but we won't confuse the issue with facts.

But you should have no issues with your projector, the 360 hardware will take care of you...

Last edited by gstelmack : 06-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #181
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Good to know, thanks for the explanation.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #182
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
whoosh

I didn't miss your point. I just didn't give you the attention you were craving.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #183
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't miss your point. I just didn't give you the attention you were craving.

I don't crave your attention. I crave your rational thoughts. Again, woosh, disappointed. LOW REZ GAMES R SUX. Right? What other point could there possibly be? Yes those systems have the capability to display higher, but so what? That doesn't mean every game has to have the maximum allowable resolution. It's just stupid to worry about crap like that. Well, not for graphics whores I guess, but even then it misses the point that resolution isn't even all that important in graphic quality.

whoosh.

and here is the ridiculous ellipsis just to try to fit in with your ridiculous posts...........................................
Old 06-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #184
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

This is getting ridiculous.

Oh wait, no, it's been ridiculous for over a year now.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #185
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
This is getting ridiculous.

Oh wait, no, it's been ridiculous for over a year now.

Yet it keeps happening. I guess I should stop responding to it.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #186
Kodos
Resident Alien

Honestly, it seems to me like MJ4H is a lot more obsessed with "high resolution graphics vs. non hi rez" than MBBF is. MJ4H brings up some variation of "Oh my god - it's not high def! It must suck! 360 and PS3 roxxorz!" in every one of these threads. Why not just sit back and enjoy Nintendo's success, rather than trying to get everyone else to love the Wii like you do? I think MBBF is justified to complain about "next gen" games that aren't in high def, because that is part of the selling point for the other two consoles.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #187
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Kodos.. to an extent. The Wii has some great games, we all know that, but I want "next-gen" type graphics AND a great game to play. My Wii does not get played much at all now that the family is past the initial "cool controls" stage. My kids play their pc more than anything, then the 360 comes next.

The part I don't really agree with is, does a game played in 585p REALLY look like a ps2 or Xbox game? Ninja Gaiden II screenshots do not look bad to me.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #188
Calis
College Starter

I think he has the capability to bring the worst out in anyone, because everyone always ends up sounding bad when they acknowledge it. I think it's best to just ignore. I've ended up zoning him out enough that I find myself more annoyed by the people who counter it with blind Wii-love or 360-love.

I happen to own all 3 consoles, and they all have bonuses and issues. I don't feel the need to defend or attack any of the three. Although lately I've barely been using them at all apart from watching DVD's on the PS3.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #189
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Honestly, it seems to me like MJ4H is a lot more obsessed with "high resolution graphics vs. non hi rez" than MBBF is. MJ4H brings up some variation of "Oh my god - it's not high def! It must suck! 360 and PS3 roxxorz!" in every one of these threads. Why not just sit back and enjoy Nintendo's success, rather than trying to get everyone else to love the Wii like you do? I think MBBF is justified to complain about "next gen" games that aren't in high def, because that is part of the selling point for the other two consoles.

Then you think wrong. I'm never the one that brings it up. I'm the one to point out how stupid it is when it is brought up. And I'm not trying to get everyone else to love the Wii. That's the difference between him and me. I'm simply pointing out how stupid it is to rag on a game because it isn't at infinite resolution.

And it is baffling that you think I'm the one that is nuts here. He is the one (and others) that continues to bring up how HD resolutions are SO IMPORTANT in a game and other nonsensical things of that nature. I point it out (because it is insanity and it is what is making games so freaking bad these days, it is an important issue and I definitely think it needs countering) and I'm the one that is the annoying one. Well, that's just fine. You might want to put me on ignore because I won't stop countering stupidity of that nature. And, yes, I firmly believe it is stupidity.

Flame on.

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-04-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #190
MJ4H
Coordinator

I also find it hilarious that these console threads always do the same thing. MBBF posts a ton of news, spins it so that Sony sounds great, people call him on it, posts something about how terrible it is that some games arent at 1080p and I call him on it, and I'm the dumbass that just can't shutup about my pet topic. Alright. You guys continue doing the exact same thing and calling me out. That's just great.

Seriously, some of you people are just insane.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #191
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think MBBF is justified to complain about "next gen" games that aren't in high def, because that is part of the selling point for the other two consoles.

I don't. In fact, I think it is pretty effing stupid. The ability to run HD resolutions might be a selling point, but if "every game HAS TO BE HD" was a selling point for you, that is your own fault. Unless you can show me a promise from one of the companies that all their games would be in HD. I will be happy to eat crow then.

Why is it do you think a developer might choose to not run in HD? Could it be so that they could focus on other areas of the game and make those better? Do people seriously want other areas of a game sacrificed so that they can have a few extra pixels? Is it really that important to you people? I seriously am amazed (and saddened) if you can honestly answer yes to this. The company made a decision (maybe it was even to make the game look better color/texture/detail-wise--you could STILL have amazing graphics!!!) to run it in that resolution. There has to be a reason besides let's piss off the graphics whores. It could be "let's be lazy" and that would of course be bad, but that is not automatically the reason. If that's the reason, let's focus on that, shall we?

I know, most of this will fall on deaf ears and most people will get their hackles up and/or dismiss me because "there goes that stupid Wii guy complaining about HD again." But, please, discuss the actual points I'm making and don't just dismiss it because I'm more annoying than that super-annoying guy.

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-04-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #192
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I for one was able to separate out the sarcasm MJ4H brought to the discussion from his normal Wii-love. He's parodying the fact that people get so worked up over a few vertical lines of resolution that NO ONE notices until someone takes a freeze-frame and goes over it with a fine-toothed comb. And MBBF is one of the big champions of that here in the forum.

Nowhere is he saying "720P doesn't matter", he's just pointing out that it's not the death-knell of a game if it isn't at precisely the HD resolution everyone expects. People focus too much on the road and not enough on the destination here.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #193
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I for one was able to separate out the sarcasm MJ4H brought to the discussion from his normal Wii-love. He's parodying the fact that people get so worked up over a few vertical lines of resolution that NO ONE notices until someone takes a freeze-frame and goes over it with a fine-toothed comb. And MBBF is one of the big champions of that here in the forum.

Nowhere is he saying "720P doesn't matter", he's just pointing out that it's not the death-knell of a game if it isn't at precisely the HD resolution everyone expects. People focus too much on the road and not enough on the destination here.

thank god. seriously, id send cash at this point if i could.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #194
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

omg pixel counting is serious business

Doesn't COD4 have better graphics than a number of "true 720p" games anyhow?

art style > frame rate > resolution

gameplay is more important than all of those
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #195
KWhit
Coordinator

COD4 isn't at 720p?!?!?!?!?!?

Shitty game.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #196
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
That's not the point at all. Ninja Gaiden II has some hiccups graphically, but it's still got a metacritic score of 81, which is generally considered a good score. The only reason I post it is because it's extremely annoying that developers continue to promise on thing and deliver another on both consoles. Usually, it's because the game is multiplatform, but that's not the case for Ninja Gaiden II. It's exclusively on the 360. They don't have any excuse.

I find it funny that you consider it "annoying" when a 360 game runs at a resolution lower than 720p. In the March thread you actually tried to spin GTA's lower PS3 resolution favorably...

Quote:
Most people are attributing the lower resolution on the PS3 to the reason that the PS3 version looks better, has less pop-ups, and has less framerate stutters.

Personally I find judging games based on resolution nearly as stupid as judging consoles on "bits" a decade ago. Luckily we outgrew that...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #197
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
I find it funny that you consider it "annoying" when a 360 game runs at a resolution lower than 720p. In the March thread you actually tried to spin GTA's lower PS3 resolution favorably...

Personally I find judging games based on resolution nearly as stupid as judging consoles on "bits" a decade ago. Luckily we outgrew that...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #198
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post

MBBF has run his course in these console sales numbers threads.. I don't think anyone who's a regular here really reads much of what he posts in these particular threads. He spins his anti-anything non Sony almost as good as DJ Jazzy Jeff did back in the day.

I get what MJ4H is saying.. and so do so many more gamers.. apparently.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #199
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
"there goes that stupid Wii guy complaining about HD again."

that's all I needed to read
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #200
MJ4H
Coordinator

The latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine, Famitsu, reveals two established franchises that will be making their way to the Nintendo Wii for the first time - Marvelous’ Rune Factory and From Software’s Tenchu.
Rune Factory Frontier
After two successful outings on the Nintendo DS, the Rune Factory RPG series is heading to the Nintendo Wii, under the guise of Rune Factory Frontier. Famitsu magazine reports that players will control Laguna, who is starting life afresh in a brand new land. Developer Marvelous will challenge players to build a village and attract new residents to live in it.
It’s out in Japan later on this year.
Tenchu 4
Also in the latest Famitsu magazine is the news that Fron Software is to bring its ninja-stealth series to the Nintendo Wii - and at this point it would appear that the title is exclusive.
It’ll arrive in Japan on Oct 23