Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #151
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Woot & double woot on the dog good news.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #152
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Awesome news on the dogs.

As far as a CC Processor, PayPal themselves has an integrated merchant solution that you can apply for, it ties right into your site, and your customers do not know that it is paypal.

Because I wanted to verify and approve my orders, I process using ProPay, they are not a real time solution, but it has allowed me to catch the fraudulent orders and chargebacks a little bit better than a normal processor would.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #153
Flasch186
Coordinator

do you know if the Paypal way of doing it you mention is cheaper than the first level I have of theirs, which is that people transfer to them to pay and back to my site upon completion? This costs about $1 per trans.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #154
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
do you know if the Paypal way of doing it you mention is cheaper than the first level I have of theirs, which is that people transfer to them to pay and back to my site upon completion? This costs about $1 per trans.

They charge a monthly fee of about $30, plus the transaction processing fees of 2.2% to 2.9% + $0.30

As you start moving with online processors you will be looking at paying either:

a monthly fee plus a low transaction fee (also called a discount rate)
an annual fee plus a mid tier transaction fee
no fee plus a high transaction fee.

For example, ProPay who I use, I pay an annual fee of $60 (3000 month limit) and I have 2 accounts with them.

Plus a discount rate of 3.25% + .35 per transaction

I am roughly paying $3.60 for a $100 transaction (Which is my avg sale)

I had to figure that into my pricing, which to me doesn't hurt because we are able to do 100% markup on what we sell.

For me, I went the ProPay way because it was cheaper than MOST of the solutions out there. The ones that were better, wanted to pull a credit check and I am against that, you don't need that information to determine whether or not I can process someones card and ship them an order. A fraud background check would be more plausible to me in this situation.

Again, this is a determination on how much you are willing to pay for integration, and an overall solution and how much of a pain is.

I will tell you, the ProPay way can be painful, July last year we did just over 7k dollar total in orders, it was mind numbing sometimes processing that and Christmas was double that. But it allowed for us to cut down on charge backs (We had 1, and that was it, I wanted to fly to Pensacola and beat them with a stick, then pour lemon on the wounds, beat them some more, and toss them in the ocean. They took close to $500 worth of product from us.)

Last edited by MacroGuru : 05-24-2008 at 07:09 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #155
Flasch186
Coordinator

so after running into our first snafu and pulling down the site, we rejiggered and solved it...getting better at the same time and now the site is back up. I have no idea how to give a discount through paypal yet but if any of you want to try it I'll Paypal you back $2...just PM me.

http://www.MrBrewmans.com

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #156
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
so after running into our first snafu and pulling down the site, we rejiggered and solved it...getting better at the same time and now the site is back up. I have no idea how to give a discount through paypal yet but if any of you want to try it I'll Paypal you back $2...just PM me.

http://www.MrBrewmans.com

I sort of lost track on this thread, but noticed the site in you sig. Let me just say "Good Idea" and you'll probably being seeing an order from me some time soon.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #157
Flasch186
Coordinator

sweet

The webguys Mother-in-law finally received her order after receiving 2 trial (and error) ones and she is ecstatic. She's going to lend her PR expertise and do some PR stuff for us when she gets back from a long vacation. After that Ill be talking to the friend's father who has the mail order coffee company to see if and how that fits in. then we'll figure out what magazine / mail order catalogs we want to pursue (like SkyMall etc.).

oh yeah, for FOFC there is no way for Paypal to allow me to do a discount unless we have our own shopping cart, we dont....we use theirs. So just keep in mind that if you PM me on here Ill mail you back $2 via Bank of America and it will come from me so dont throw out the BoA letter thinking it's junkmail....so PM me when you order with your real name and I can cross reference it to the order and keep track of it all in Quickbooks.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-04-2008 at 02:44 PM.